Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

The exodus begins, Rhys McCabe and another unnamed player have lodged objections to transferring to the new club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That's a reasonable attitude to have I think. You can go on about how it's a different corporate entity but who follows corporate entities? They'll be wearing the same gear, have the same crest, play in the same stadium. Therefore I don't think it's unreasonable to say they're the same team even if technically they aren't and they are starting from scratch

I still don't think they should be allowed in the SPL though.....

Its the definition of delusional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Sone Aluko rejects transfer to Newco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sone Aluko rejects transfer to Newco

But if it's the same club why should they have to be transferred? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

SantryRed wrote: »
    But if it's the same club why should they have to be transferred? :D

Ah don't worry about that, we'll hear the latest logical excuses on how that is possible soon enough am sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Because their contracts are with the company ?

Doesn't mean a thing.

Apparently there have been talks about Rangers only being put in the First Division:
    SCOTTISH football’s bosses are on the brink of securing a revolutionary rescue package which will see Rangers play in the First Division next season.
    SFA, SPL and SFL chiefs were locked in talks last night as a six-hour summit went on past midnight.
    The meeting was aimed at reaching agreement on radical proposals to deal with the chaos created by the financial carnage at Ibrox.
    SFA chief Stewart Regan hosted the secret gathering aimed at bringing an end to the Rangers crisis.
    After days of talks between the three ruling bodies, Record Sport understands SFA chief executive Regan, SPL counterpart Neil Doncaster and SFL boss David Longmuir thrashed out a four-point blueprint to revolutionise football in Scotland.
    The trio have been tasked with reaching a broad agreement over the future of Rangers as well as reforming the league structure.
    This is to bring clarity to the current chaos as the clock ticks down to the SPL general meeting on July 4 when the members will vote on the Ibrox club’s fate.
    But negotiations could now deliver a cast-iron deal which would allow the SPL to offer guidance on a way forward and that in turn would see the emotive vote become nothing more than a box-ticking exercise.
    As Record Sport revealed this week, proposals are in place for Rangers to go to Division One and common ground has been reached on host of issues.
    A key part of the plan would see SFL clubs handed compensation payments from the SPL as part of a deal with Sky to broadcast live Rangers games in Division One.
    Clubs across the country will now get the chance to give historic plans the green light.
    The four key points on the agenda were:
    ●Finding a mechanism that will allow Rangers to parachute straight into the First Division next season.
    ●A guarantee that play-offs are introduced immediately at the top of the First Division for a place in the SPL.
    ●The distribution of short-term payments to SFL clubs from the SPL to allow Rangers’ First Division games to be shown live on Sky.
    ●A timeline to form one body, the Scottish Professional Football League.
    Regan has managed to unify both leagues and mediate over the squabbling which has been the stumbling block.
    Assurances have been made to SPL chief Doncaster that the Sky deal will remain in place but he has been playing hardball over the amount paid to First Division clubs to have Rangers’ games broadcast live.
    Longmuir’s battle for a fair deal for the SFL will have huge implications for lower league clubs as they will gain historic capital from a merger with the top flight.
    Also on the agenda was the SFL’s bid to install a strong representation within a new SPFL set-up and a stumbling block has been the SPL’s insistence they get a 3-1 ratio in favour of board members.
    The SFL demanded an even split on any new board which will also include a new chief executive as well as one independent sitting on the ruling panel.
    Regan’s bid to deliver a broad consensus over the way forward also involved discussions over the appellate tribunal’s transfer embargo on Rangers.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/23/rangers-in-crisis-ibrox-club-set-to-be-given-division-one-lifeline-after-talks-between-league-bosses-86908-23899716/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If it's the same club then why is a vote needed for them to play in the SPL?

If you don't know it by now you never will.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Apparently there have been talks about Rangers only being put in the First Division:

Livingston will be rubbing their hands with glee
    If you don't know it by now you never will.

LOL, they only bought the intellectual property of another company, that doesnt include trophies or history.

Dempsey wrote: »
    LOL, they only bought the intellectual property of another company, that doesnt include trophies or history.

Glad you realise it, the trophies and history aren't with the company but with the club, and that club is still there, regardless of the company.

Took you long enough, glad you see it now :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Glad you realise it, the trophies and history aren't with the company but with the club, and that club is still there, regardless of the company.

Nice try but you fail.
    The company and club are intrinsically linked. They are one and the same. All the big clubs are companies these days.

LOL, you are delusional, do you know what intellectual property is? Or are you going to break out google to find out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,269 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The Daily Records take on the current intentions of the clubs with regard to the vote to allow Sevco join the SPL

031sak.jpg

It's all going to be for nothing ADIG .... Talks apparently are well on and are looking likely the Sevco FC will be given the easiest option and will start off in Div 1. An absolute cop out if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

How can Rangers insist that valuable assets like players worth money to those owed be transferred to the Newco yet leave behind debt. If I'm owed money surely players worth anything should be resold to pay me?

It's all going to be for nothing ADIG .... Talks apparently are well on and are looking likely the Sevco FC will be given the easiest option and will start off in Div 1. An absolute cop out if it goes ahead.

Why would SFL members agree to this? Div3 suits them better and Livingston will be painting a bullseye on the SFA's back. They have no rule allowing them to do this and are searching for loopholes. The irony in this is amusing though.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    How can Rangers insist that valuable assets like players worth money to those owed be transferred to the Newco yet leave behind debt. If I'm owed money surely players worth anything should be resold to pay me?

Ask Jelle, despite his location saying he's living in Berlin, we think he's in Narnia for the last few months at least.

Duff & Phelps had an agreement with Sevco to sell the assets of the old club to him for £5.5m if they could not exist administration with a CVA. Now it can be argued that the assets have not been sold properly to return as much money to creditors. I assume HMRC will look into that.

Duff & Phelps had an agreement with Sevco to sell the assets of the old club to him for £5.5m if they could not exist administration with a CVA. Now it can be argued that the assets have not been sold properly to return as much money to creditors. I assume HMRC will look into that.

The Scottish Government are investigating D&P over their conflict of interest with Rangers at the moment, interesting what the outcome of that will be.

Just so happens that the money raised through the sale of assets just about covers D&P & BDO fees and will leave very little for creditors

Just so happens that the money raised through the sale of assets just about covers D&P & BDO fees and will leave very little for creditors

Jelle thought they would be working for peanuts!

• Advertisement

It's an absolute disgrace. The sale of Ibrox and Murray park so far under the market value when so much is owed? There should be a law against it.

If I defaulted on a loan and then fell into arrears... Do you think I'd get away with selling my house and car to my sister for a tenner before they were seized off me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Cheers, surely they could raise more than double that selling the players, did the £5.5m get The Rangers the stadium, training ground & players. That wud seem fairly illegal and not in the interest of creditors!
    I feel sorry for Rangers fans but I hope when all is done and dusted I hope Newco pays the price and has to start from scratch from a player and league perspective

The players contracts could be worth nothing yet, a precedent could be set with Rhys McCabe and Sone Aluko looking to terminate their contracts. Also, it is worth remembering that all the players that took pay cuts have also negotiated very low minimum release clauses into their contracts now so they arent going to get near market value on them. Those players arent a commodity to Sevco at all!

On another note, Aluko is the first player I can think of that paid for his own transfer and now is going to set a Bosman-esque precedent to leave the club. Congrats!

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/detox-rangers-brand/1993

It might not seem obvious to some that pleading to play football in either non-league or Division 3 is the way to secure “Rangers” football.

A great blog and it does show why Sevco being sent to Div3 is best for Scottish Football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18566770

Scottish clubs will be consulted over merging the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League
    Representatives of both bodies had "a positive meeting" with Scottish FA counterparts on Friday.

"The discussions are based on the key principles for reconstruction outlined in the Henry McLeish Review of Scottish football:
    • One league body in the senior game
    • Promotion/relegation play-off between SPL and SFL First Division
    • Single financial distribution model
    • Pyramid system, with the potential for relegation from and promotion to the fourth tier
    "Further consultation will take place in the near future, with the aim of reaching a positive outcome on a new model to take Scottish football forward."

Thought that was a meeting about how to get Sevco into Div1 through loopholes that dont exist?

Its fair bad that it takes Scottish Football to hit rock bottom for changes, that have called for before the SPL existed, to be considered properly. Fans have been crying out for things like these for as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Leaving Rangers off starting in Division 1 is crazy! How can that be allowed?

blue-army wrote: »
    Leaving Rangers off starting in Division 1 is crazy! How can that be allowed?

Its only the papers speculating really, just have to wait and see regarding that.

IMO it would be as insulting to Scottish Football fans as clubs saying they would vote no then voting yes. SFA/SPL/SFL bleat on about how Scottish Football is the best supported per captia (or whatever their stat is ) as a yardstick for their success. Now at the most critical juncture in Scottish Football history, they have grand illusions about ignoring their opinions, strong opinions at that. Thats before we get to the idea that they are looking for loopholes in their own rules. The sort of 'behaviour' they slated both Rangers and Celtic for doing i.e. Lennon's touchline ban & Rangers transfer embargo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Naismith and Whittaker reject contracts transferring to newco. On SSN now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

+1.

This will explode if Secvo FC - a new club - are allowed into Div 1. It will be the biggest can of worms to have been opened. In a way, it's almost worse than letting them into the SPL, because it will have put down a marker that the worst that can happen if you cheat for a decade and fail to pay employee NI/PAYE to HMRC is you drop down a division, debt free, sanction free. Scandalous tbh. Scottish football is a fcuking joke if a new club is allowed straight entry into Div 1 purely to appease other clubs finances and a television deal.

Only answer is have them apply to Div 3 as any new club would have to. Any other "solution" cobbled together by loopholes and re-writing rules is a joke. Div 2 and 3 clubs should kick up an absolute storm if Div 1 clubs don't have the balls to do so.

I'm surprised at Mad Vlad, but respect to him for calling it like it is. He is absolutely 100% spot on in this case.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    Its only the papers speculating really, just have to wait and see regarding that.

IMO it would be as insulting to Scottish Football fans as clubs saying they would vote no then voting yes. SFA/SPL/SFL bleat on about how Scottish Football is the best supported per captia (or whatever their stat is ) as a yardstick for their success. Now at the most critical juncture in Scottish Football history, they have grand illusions about ignoring their opinions, strong opinions at that. Thats before we get to the idea that they are looking for loopholes in their own rules. The sort of 'behaviour' they slated both Rangers and Celtic for doing i.e. Lennon's touchline ban & Rangers transfer embargo

I wouldn't even call that a loophole Dempsey. It was a clear inability of the SFA to apply their own fcuking rules, completely missing a very basic point of their own fcuking rules. They are a bunch of gombeens. :mad:

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    I wouldn't even call that a loophole Dempsey. It was a clear inability of the SFA to apply their own fcuking rules, completely missing a very basic point of their own fcuking rules. They are a bunch of gombeens. :mad:

True but my point was that clubs shouldnt have to take legal action to get a fair case heard. Many clubs cannot afford the route that Celtic and Rangers took and would just be 'guilty' which is wrong.

Advertisement