Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

READ SUMMARY IN POST 986 - Amazon.uk Post-Brexit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    What was the estimated delivery date?

22nd January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭robwen

Can u set a filter for Sold & dispatched by Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭xboxdad

robwen wrote: »

What I do is:
    • Prime checkbox checked
    • Display items with 4 stars at minimum
    • Look for at least a few hundred ratings (e.g. not picking 5 star items with 12 ratings)
    • Then I check on the details page to make sure it's Sold & Dispatched by Amazon (at this point I don't have an overwhelming amount of items to go through anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jonnybangbang

VG31 wrote: »
    Not St Helen's, but I have a package with no tracking updates since Tuesday last week that was supposed to arrive two days ago. Another order placed around the same time had very similar tracking but that showed up in Dublin a day early.

Tuesday, 5 January
    3:17 PM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB
    3:07 PM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB
    1:24 AM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB

Monday, 4 January
    2:33 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped

I have a very similar story to this one, I ordered two items on 4th of January. One item was due on the 12th but arrived on the 11th of January.

Second item was due for delivery on the 12th. No sign. checked status on 13th of January.... apologies , item is running late. Item may come in next day. if item has not arrived by 14th of January you can claim refund the next day.

item still has not arrived today, When I check the status of order now on amazon now it gives me an option to "Claim a Refund". When I click this button I'm brought to a screen "Occasionally parcels arrive a day or more after they are expected. Please come back here if it hasn't shown up by Friday, 6 Jun for a refund or a replacement."
    So I have to wait 5 months ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭VG31

I have a very similar story to this one, I ordered two items on 4th of January. One item was due on the 12th but arrived on the 11th of January.

Second item was due for delivery on the 12th. No sign. checked status on 13th of January.... apologies , item is running late. Item may come in next day. if item has not arrived by 14th of January you can claim refund the next day.

item still has not arrived today, When I check the status of order now on amazon now it gives me an option to "Claim a Refund". When I click this button I'm brought to a screen "Occasionally parcels arrive a day or more after they are expected. Please come back here if it hasn't shown up by Friday, 6 Jun for a refund or a replacement."

That sounds like a bug on the site. I was able to get a refund today. You should contact them through the chat.

Another parcel with similar tracking but sent later a few days later showed up today, 3 days early. A week from the UK is still very long though.
    Friday, 15 January
    3:07 PM
    Delivered
    Dublin, IE
    9:26 AM
    Out for delivery
    Dublin, IE
    3:04 AM
    Package arrived at the final delivery station
    Dublin, IE

Friday, 8 January
    7:55 PM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB
    1:26 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB
    11:00 AM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB

Thursday, 7 January
    2:01 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Prunty

Are there any tracking updates for your 'lost package' on the site? Where did it stop moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Prunty wrote: »
    Are there any tracking updates for your 'lost package' on the site? Where did it stop moving?

Tuesday, 5 January

3:17 PM Completed customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB

3:07 PM Initiated customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB

1:24 AM Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB

Monday, 4 January

1:20 PM Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Medway GB

Package has shipped
    Ridgmont, Bedfordshire UK

Also, in the last 5 min, i contacted amazon customer service through their online chat. It seemed like an automated customer service agent but with the click of a few automated answers i was issued with a refund straight away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone with an annual Prime membership got a refund for part period? Ours auto renewed in November :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Anyone with an annual Prime membership got a refund for part period? Ours auto renewed in November :(

Are you using PRIME for the shows? If you are, then no refund will be due AFAIK...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

robwen wrote: »

(this probably only works on computer or tablet - not phones)

When you do a search - you need to select a Department (left hand side of screen).
    Once you select a department - you will see a section further down on the left side where you can choose the seller and you can choose Amazon.co.uk .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Aurelian

Ordered a couple of items on Sunday and they haven't dispatched yet. Ordered an item fulfilled by a US seller at the same time and it was on its way the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Well after waiting weeks for an LP it finally shows up, they sent the wrong album. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Amazon UK stuff taking aaaaages to dispatch....

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭xboxdad

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Amazon UK stuff taking aaaaages to dispatch....

There must be real chaos everywhere in the UK now.
    I ordered an item from SportsDirect & they kept telling me for like 5 days I haven't ordered anything, it's not on their system.
    Then I cancelled and ordered the same item from Under Armour.
    There was a delay on the supplier's side, then a sorting error at UPS and now 9 days later it's back to where it originated from, waiting for re-shipping.
    The free trade deal didn't make Brexit very "soft" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

UPS has been a disaster since the middle of November regarding delivery from the UK, I have had 3 different items go missing, one that managed to go missing twice after being resent from the seller and all after they left Stanford Le Hope, which is such an ironic name.

No issues with UPS though here as orders over Christmas from the Celtic Whiskey Shop arrived within days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I got an email from DHL about my delivery, and asking for €3.99. Click below to confirm. Now I am not expecting a delivery. It was a scam.

Beware of scams - because I am not expecting a delivery, I did not click through but I could be. If you get such an email, check the delivery number on the DHL website, not the email.

You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

I’ve noticed that “import fee deposit” on Amazon no longer showing up. I’ve exact same items in my basket as at 1st / 2nd Jan and it was there but now it’s not.

Any reason why it might have changed? Also I didn’t change addresses, using my Irish address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Does anyone know the story with replacement products and customs. Ordered a product off amazon on Black Friday for Christmas present, something dodgy with it so got in contact with seller and they are sending a replacement which will be futile by amazon.. will there be custom duties due on that? They didn’t mention them but just worried that they don’t realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Joziburg wrote: »
    I’ve noticed that “import fee deposit” on Amazon no longer showing up. I’ve exact same items in my basket as at 1st / 2nd Jan and it was there but now it’s not.

Any reason why it might have changed? Also I didn’t change addresses, using my Irish address

Just checked it therre and it doesn't show up until the final stage of purchasing when you're confirming your purchase after selecting the address and payment method.

pcadhain wrote: »
    Just checked it therre and it doesn't show up until the final stage of purchasing when you're confirming your purchase after selecting the address and payment method.

Yeah agreed it used to for me but doesn’t now. The goods (books) are ca. £45 but odd that it showed up in the new year and now gone

I’ll prob get stung with some fee now and an an post flat ridiculous €10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yeah agreed it used to for me but doesn’t now. The goods (books) are ca. £45 but odd that it showed up in the new year and now gone

Strange- still showing for me.

Is the item you are buying fulfilled by Amazon? For third party sellers its never shown 'import duties' for me.

It's books. Zero VAT. No need for a VAT entry in the cost breakdown. Perhaps???? But I'm not convinced of that.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It's books. Zero VAT. No need for a VAT entry in the cost breakdown. Perhaps???? But I'm not convinced of that.

Maybe so but the import fee deposit was there earlier this month as I saved screenshot. In any case maybe it was teething issues at start of Jan on Amazon’s part. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭davetherave

For the first few days Amazon had books at the wrong VAT rate which is why you would have seen it. That has been remedied now and as Jim Hodge said no vat on books.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/value-added-tax/part03-taxable-transactions-goods-ica-services/Goods/goods-printed-matter.pdf
    Printed matter liable at the zero rate
    The zero-rate of VAT applies to printed books and booklets including atlases. It also
    covers children’s picture, drawing and colouring books, and books of music.

Maybe so but the import fee deposit was there earlier this month as I saved screenshot. In any case maybe it was teething issues at start of Jan on Amazon’s part. Thanks

There's certainly something going on. I put through a repeat of an order for car care products that I got last week. The original took off UK Vat and added Irish Vat. Today's just shows it with UK VAT. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

I've had one go missing, website still has it On the way, but it's running late but have received my refund. Applied Friday morning and its hit revolut Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Harpy wrote: »
    Does anyone know the story with replacement products and customs. Ordered a product off amazon on Black Friday for Christmas present, something dodgy with it so got in contact with seller and they are sending a replacement which will be futile by amazon.. will there be custom duties due on that? They didn’t mention them but just worried that they don’t realise.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

schmoo2k wrote: »
    :)

Love a bit of autocorrect.. Should be Fulfilled by amazon, can't get an answer on the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Hi,

Ordered a firestick from Amazon through ADDRESSPAL, all the stuff on the threads in boards said there shouldn't be any import tax on items under €150.

Got an email from anpost saying the item was valued at €44?!? and I've to pay €15 import tax.

Paid it but two questions:

1. What happened to no import charges on items under €150.

2. Why have anpost valued it at €44? It cost £25 so less than €30!

Edit: shït, thought I was posting in consumer issues not BA! Sorry, mods please move!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi,

Ordered a firestick from Amazon through ADDRESSPAL, all the stuff on the threads in boards said there shouldn't be any import tax on items under €150.

Got an email from anpost saying the item was valued at €44?!? and I've to pay €15 import tax.

are you sure the email was from an post ? not just a phishing scam ?

contact them by phone (not any number on the email, google the correct number )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Hi,

Edit: shït, thought I was posting in consumer issues not BA! Sorry, mods please move!

Not a bargain, maybe better off in consumer issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There are no tariffs under €150 but you do have to pay vat of 23% (temporarily 21%) plus a handling fee usually €10.

Customs go off an estimated value (if one isn't declared) based on what they can find online, including the cost of shipping and currency conversion. You can argue the value with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hi,

You need to pay VAT plus handling fee to AnPost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Vat @21% and the shipping cost of 6 quid is included too even though Amazon discount it would push the value to 44

As per Garit's post above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hi,

No vat charged on imports under €22 until end of june 2021. Anything over that is fair game for VAT. And everything over that is subject to AnPost €3.50 handling charge

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Hi,

When you buy something through addresspal, it recharges you for vat + an post add their handling fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Revenue page with info on buying from countries outside the EU - linky.
    Has that note about the July'21 change that the 22euro threshold will end.

Car99 wrote: »
    No vat charged on imports under €22 until end of june 2021. Anything over that is fair game for VAT. And everything over that is subject to AnPost €3.50 handling charge

Handling fee has only ever been €10 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Everyone is wrong.

That shows how difficult it is for any store.

Op ordered via addresspal

So the LANDED cost which the vat is based on is the product cost + Amazon delivery cost (if it applies) + the address pal fees (delivery and processing) and then the exchange rate (€1.13 at the moment)

Item cost + Amazon delivery, x €1.13 exchange rate + €6.50 addresspal delivery fee + €3.50 addresspal processing fee.

Total seems to be €44 and that's what the vat will be based on.

Same as if you ordered from the US and used the US addresspal service.

• Advertisement

21% vat on item plus delivery (even if discounted by amazon).

£25 +£6 delivery comes to at least €36

Regardless. It's VAT notimport duty and is on anything over €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So what is the point of Prime now? I ordered two scores, usually 2 days to get here, both say 31st of Jan as delivery. WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    So what is the point of Prime now? I ordered two scores, usually 2 days to get here, both say 31st of Jan as delivery. WTF.

Hopefully it is just the process, but I bought something from AE on the 1st of Jan, which was then shipped from China via Netherlands and arrived last week.

I bought another item from Amazon UK on the 3rd of Jan and it shows it won't arrive till end of next week and all this with prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭harmless

Remember it has only been 17 days since the transition period ended. I'm not sure what people expected when the trade deal was made so late.

GarIT wrote: »
    Handling fee has only ever been €10 for me.

Since jan 01 2021 it's now 3 50

Darc19 wrote: »
    Everyone is wrong.

Lol , what an opening. Good man/woman Darc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 GoWhest

I had subscribe and save set up for my coffee capsules on Amazon and received the e-mail last week that they can no longer ship them to my address and so the order was cancelled - fine I thought. Yesterday got the email that the item has been dispatched, unusually by an post and today it's in the Dublin parcel hub so will probably get it in the next day or so.

Yesterday I received two small items that were at initiated customs for over a week then went straight to out for delivery....delivered by Amazon with no Customs declaration.

I also ordered a Fitbit just before New year- that has been at completed customs for 4 days now and it's still not due to be delivered until the 25th. The advertised price was £159 - they charged me £160.33 at the time which worked out as the difference between the UK and Irish Vat but now they have refunded me the £1.33 so looks like they applied the UK rate for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Just in case folks don't know about - here is an Amazon price compare site (compares prices from different Amazons across the EU and the UK): https://www.hagglezon.com/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Just in case folks don't know about - here is an Amazon price compare site (compares prices from different Amazons across the EU and the UK): https://www.hagglezon.com/

What a brilliant site. Amazon should incorporate into their site.

Car99 wrote: »
    Lol , what an opening. Good man/woman Darc.

He's not wrong though,

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    He's not wrong though,

They are though unless they are arguing that transporting something from the UK to Ireland isn't shipping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement