Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, taking a badly needed nap after an extremely hectic day work wise and poor sleep last night - got my first Covid jab (AstraZeneca) and all seems to be fine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Bedside, taking a badly needed nap after an extremely hectic day work wise and poor sleep last night - got my first Covid jab (AstraZeneca) and all seems to be fine. :)

Freedom is inching closer for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Another exciting Wednesday at home here!

I might join G later for a few midweek beers.

Not much better here. My exciting moment today was buying a screen cleaning kit for the tech desk and other screens in the house. I've just started the Wednesday night beers but I so so and really so miss a high stool in a bar. Four pints and home after a bit of a natter. School is back next Monday for Ms G so I'm getting back into the groove of an early night and a 7am alarm clock call.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Not much better here. My exciting moment today was buying a screen cleaning kit for the tech desk and other screens in the house. I've just started the Wednesday night beers but I so so and really so miss a high stool in a bar. Four pints and home after a bit of a natter. School is back next Monday for Ms G so I'm getting back into the groove of an early night and a 7am alarm clock call.:eek:

That's me too next Monday, can't flucking wait!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

The front door is fixed now, what a relief :D

Caretaker and committee not very happy as the thing that broke it was people slamming the door, instead of shutting it gently, and it cost thousands to fix. We were all given a warning tonight

Very busy day tomorrow, have my personal assistant first thing, then a phone appointment with neurology (I'm considering botox or steroid injections for my migraines), and then I have my appointment for my vaccine. Gonna try to get an early night tonight. Just hope that my personal assistant isn't late arriving or the neurology doctor doesn't ring early

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Hoofed it to coffeehouse. Surprise! Surprise! Got my fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭thomil

Homeside. Not sure where it's coming from, but I'm absolutely fed up with everything.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

A beautiful morning .. 26c just ruined by a massive thunderstorm and now getting colder.

The treadmill got fixed finally....too much abuse for the past year.

Went to work, for a takeaway lunch the went to see the military.

Some little pr§ck gave me a little pri€ck and apparently I am vaccinated.

All in all a boring day, now back to work after a cup of barry’s

thomil wrote: »
    Homeside. Not sure where it's coming from, but I'm absolutely fed up with everything.

We're all fed up with everything thomil. and anyone who says they aren't are liars. I have great days and weekends here, but ultimately it's generally crap. Stay cool!

Wonder where Dave has disappeared to.

• Advertisement

Wonder where Dave has disappeared to.

It wasn't me. I may be on a hair trigger at the moment but all the posters here are in my good books ;)

I miss Dave and his snaps, but this place does have a way to drive you out sometimes. I'm real close.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Its a new type of virus. Created in Merrion St, spreading through the country. I've had it for a good while now. That its reached Cork must mean that the whole country will succumb within the next few days.

I'm homeside, trying to resist peeking at Dr Pimple Popper ( for those that find this an irresistible fascination : 21:00 - 22:00 Hrs 'Really' channel ) :P

0lddog wrote: »
    Its a new type of virus. Created in Merrion St, spreading through the country. I've had it for a good while now. That its reached Cork must mean that the whole country will succumb within the next few days.

At this point, I'd take that, the revelation that we're about to get hit by a gamma ray burst, an asteroid or that vacuum decay has set in as a relief.

Deskside, working away in Galaxy Zoo to make me feel at least somewhat productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I miss Dave and his snaps, but this place does have a way to drive you out sometimes. I'm real close.:mad:

Don't go anywhere G , I think most of us take a break from posting in here at one point or another , I know I do anyway :)
    When things get busy again , (whenever) , it'll feel somewhat better coming in posting after the days work is done .
    If any of that makes sense !

JupiterKid wrote: »

Good stuff Jupiter. I'm glad you're well :)

I am sitting room side messing about creating a pdf. Tres excitemont :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Don't go anywhere G , I think most of us take a break from posting in here at one point or another , I know I do anyway :)
    When things get busy again , (whenever) , it'll feel somewhat better coming in posting after the days work is done .
    If any of that makes sense !

Well said Mammy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Cocos Law creates two new offences which criminalise the non-consensual distribution of coco-pops. The first offence deals with the distribution of boxes of coco-pops without consent and with the intent to get the recipient hooked on the chocolatey goodness that only coco-pops can provide, the way you become all happy as you munch, crunch and chew those little chocolate covered Rice Krispie style treats.
    The second offence relates to the way the recipient becomes hooked on the manner in which the coco-pops turn the milk all chocolatey, how you sit there gooey eyed and marvel as the pale coloured milk slowly turns to a bowl of chocolate heaven, captivating you in the process. Now you are hooked on coco-pops and will buy them forever more.
    Cocos law aims to put a stop to this fiasco once and for all!

This is NOT to be confused with 'cuckoos law', which is a separate law deeming that anyone who owns a cuckoo clock in this day and age is either a very old person or a total nutter.

Her family knew her as Coco but her name was
    Nicole Fox (aged 21) who died by suicide following years of online bullying.

Why would anyone disrespect or belittle legislation brought in to counteract online bullying and harassment?

Nicole's Mum fought tirelessly to help others bringing in the Harassment, Harmful Communications and Related Offences Act 2020, known as Coco’s Law.

Disgrace of toxic post degrading a family who fought for their daughter.

Shame on anyone thanking it.

A young girl died tragically and needlessly because of online bullying.

anewme wrote: »
    Why would anyone disrespect or belittle legislation brought in to counteract online bullying and harassment?

Her Mum fought tirelessly to help others bringing in the Harassment, Harmful Communications and Related Offences Act 2020, known as Coco’s Law.

Disgrace of toxic post degrading a family who fought for their daughter.

Shame on anyone thanking it.

A young girl died tragically and needlessly because of online bullying.

I really really don't think any disrespect or belittling was intended. Playing with words and making things light doesn't have to equal disrespect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I really really don't think any disrespect or belittling was intended. Playing with words and making things light doesn't have to equal disrespect.

Edited as not intention to backseat Mod.

I've followed the work Nicole's Mum did in respect of Coco's Law and making light of it while not intentional would be upsetting for her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

If you have an issue with a post report it, don't backseat mod. anewme this is becoming a regular issue, if you don't rein it in further action at forum level will be taken.

I think Batman must have been needed for the enforcement of Covid legislation. I hope he's managed to catch a few sunrises anyway.

About to have my 4th beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I had beer today, I had a porterhouse chocolate truffle stout, it wasn't great.
    Left Hand nitro stout on the other band is my go-to stout...yummy

I had beer today, I had a porterhouse chocolate truffle stout, it wasn't great.
    Left Hand nitro stout on the other band is my go-to stout...yummy

I tend to go for "what has the best offer" brand! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dave is still posting photos on his Instagram :)

Deskside with Strepsils & Lemsip - The breakfast of champions, eh?

At least now I know why I felt like an armed land mine last night…

Deskside with Strepsils & Lemsip - The breakfast of champions, eh?

At least now I know why I felt like an armed land mine last night…

Feel better soon, hopefully it's not the dreaded C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Cold?

I doubt it, given that my head is clogged up worse than the M50 on a particularly bad day. I think it‘s my standard-issue head cold showing itself again. It just had to happen during end of quarter review time… :mad:

• Advertisement

Cold?

Oh Jesus, I meant Covid! The dreaded C usually means cancer.

Glad to hear it's just a headcold though.

Advertisement