Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do you need a hand to make sure it is even?
    448786.jpg

No I think I can manage, might post up a picture afterwards though, no harm in a bit of bragging. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Putting the patio table and chairs back outside....at last!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH : dry day !
    I'm charging that mini-tool I bought in Lidl last week, and today I think I'm gonna trim my bush.

:cool::D I know what you're thinking.

Bejaysis :eek: :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I inherited an absoloute mess of files when I took on my new job. Someone gave me great praise the other day that she didn't even mean to give when she asked was someone still working with us and said "it looks like he started after you because this file is actually organised..." :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:cool::D I know what you're thinking.

*Scratches head*

Sure you meant the rose bush right?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The weather :)

*Scratches head*

Sure you meant the rose bush right?:confused:

It's a box bush actually !
    True story :D:D

I've had to take a break to recharge the little yoke, it's brilliant, delighted with it.
    But it's a long job as I'm shaping a length of maybe 15 metres overall, maybe slightly more, and it's a little hedge (like knee high).
    Pity my arthritic hands do swell a lot with the vibrations, but I'll still do it bit by bit.

TH because of the picture Poochie05 posted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I keep falling asleep. Hour after hour.. Yawn.... Just fed the dog as I forgot when I fed the cats. She was so good but so hungry so she got the leftovers that were for my meal.... Yawn....

• Advertisement

Just had a phone call from a couple we haven't seen in a few months "Fancy going out for a drink tonight?" Well, we can't be antisocial so time to tidy up the bits and pieces outside, grab a quick bite to eat and off we go. Always nice to meet up with nice people.

I'm shattered, battered, exhausted, sore.
    I was going to post in the TA thread, but I decided to go the glass half full way.

I haven't finished my hedge, but I have done so much ! I now have a large flower bed ready to be filled with new compost and flowers, and I am well on the way with that hedge. And lots of laundry sorted. All TH.

I'm going back to it when my body and mini-tool are recharged. :D
    Can't be wasting such a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I think pretty-much everything I own is either in the Washing-Machine or hanging up outside today! :D:D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I'm shattered, battered, exhausted, sore.
    I was going to post in the TA thread, but I decided to go the glass half full way.

I haven't finished my hedge, but I have done so much ! I now have a large flower bed ready to be filled with new compost and flowers, and I am well on the way with that hedge. And lots of laundry sorted. All TH.

I'm going back to it when my body and mini-tool are recharged. :D
    Can't be wasting such a day.
    So your bush is now a hedge..fascinating😂

I'm heading out now for one or two..will be home in bed in about 2 hours I'd say..old age is a bitch.

My last cat photo..

May as well be here as here .. ;)

One house the stairs were at the side of the kitchen so they used to watch food being prepared...

I think pretty-much everything I own is either in the Washing-Machine or hanging up outside today! :D:D:o

Same here. Even the pillows got a wash and airing today. One of those perfect days for getting things done. I love a productive day.

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    So your bush is now a hedge..fascinating��

I'm heading out now for one or two..will be home in bed in about 2 hours I'd say..old age is a bitch.

oh my bush is no more, that's for sure, it is (nearly) manicured topiary level :D

Still enough painkillers left tonight to deal with headache etc. Happy for that this wild wet night.

Graces7 wrote: »
    My last cat photo..

May as well be here as here .. ;)

One house the stairs were at the side of the kitchen so they used to watch food being prepared...

TH with all the cat pictures today :D

TH with all the cat pictures today :D

If i Knew how to send phone photos here... I am a tech ignoramus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Flame of the Forest is delighted with itself in its new bigger pot and has glorious red tips on show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Indian food and watching crazy ex girlfriend.
    A happy Saturday for me :D

Right I promise this is the last of the innuendos, got good mileage out of it, but here is a picture of my bush which is now a respectable hedge :)

Very TH about it, what a great productive day it was.
    The more blurry pic is the bit I haven't done, hoping to get it done tomorrow depending on how serious the pay off in arthritic pains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Went to see Warhorse today, was completely blown away by it. Sat there open mouthed for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Right I promise this is the last of the innuendos, got good mileage out of it, but here is a picture of my bush which is now a respectable hedge :)

Very TH about it, what a great productive day it was.
    The more blurry pic is the bit I haven't done, hoping to get it done tomorrow depending on how serious the pay off in arthritic pains.

Did you erect that tent on your own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Nice day today, not so nice next week ... but next weekend I'm off to Texas for a fortnight that will include a big birthday with friends. So ... nyah. :p

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Did you erect that tent on your own?

Nah... that'd be Mr Mountains. He's good at it, and he loves doing it.

This is bold Ted, and OT.
    448841.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Stumbled across Remember the Titans on Sky Movies, what a day of days.

Rained and blew all y;day and all the long night long and still deluging and blowing.... Seeking any happiness in the weather is a long lost cause... and cattle are still confined here, poor things. The calves have never seen or smelled or seen real earth or grass yet

So today. happiness will be a snug bed! Good food,, hot water bottle. the simple life as knitting fills another parcel..

Thank heavens for thee and youtube. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I am beyond happy to be getting back into swimming to try to help my back problems. I'm looking into getting a few lessons as I have asthma and can't quite manage my breathing properly but I feel so excited about it all. I love being in the water.

Delved to the very back of the top food cupboard, with difficulty.. to find TWO packets of biscuits.. Oaties and Chocolate Digestives.... Happy find.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

My brother took his own life last January. It's the most traumatic experience I've ever felt.
    We had the extended family up to our house after the months mind mass and my Aunt took me aside and gave me a pot of planted narcissus bulbs. I thought it was a lovely gesture and planted them in the garden when everyone had left.
    Looked out yesterday after i came home from work and they are in full bloom.
    First feeling of happiness in months. Life has to goes on ....

The company of good friend's. Spent last night (or early this morning) catching up, complaining about, and righting, the wrongs of the world, and talking rubbish.

Coffee's brewing, the sun has come out and there's absolutely nothing in the diary for the whole day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

So funny :)

TH showed my face at a party I had to go to last night. I was glad to be there but it was too far out. Did a "mission impossible" out of there and then had a nice night and a few drinks in my local which is like an warped amalgamation of Cheers, The Queen Vic and Billy Joel's Piano Man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got my hair done yesterday and I am loving it :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's a sure recipe for a heart attack.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The Flame of the Forest is delighted with itself in its new bigger pot and has glorious red tips on show

That is on my wish list.Probably stay there forever but !

The sun has just broken through the clouds..changes everything....just a glimpse, :)

• Advertisement

WhatsApp pictures of a six year old's self-portrait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

A hot shower after a long walk in the rain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Some guy, last night, told me I look 21 when in fact I am actually 28. Happy days!

Coming back in to the house, after a walk, just as a torrential April shower decides to hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭gifted

Made a rhubarb crumble this morning and just had some for desert....happy as..

The weather of the last few days has made me feel all summery, and reminded me of how happy summer makes me. More of the same please :D

• Advertisement

Finally got the next parcel weighed and sorted and wrapped for Canada. ... Weather still cold windy and wet here ( Mayo, West Coast,offshore island )
    It has been cluttering up my small kitchen all week while I knitted the last items so I am very happy to see it sorted at last..

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The weather of the last few days has made me feel all summery, and reminded me of how happy summer makes me. More of the same please :D

Isn't it amazing how the bright sunny days bring an end to so many Moaning Minnies? Smiles replace scowls.

TH right now is the smell of roasting pork drifting from the kitchen.

Isn't it amazing how the bright sunny days bring an end to so many Moaning Minnies? Smiles replace scowls.

TH right now is the smell of roasting pork drifting from the kitchen.

It absolutely is. Although you always get the odd few who complain that it's "too hot" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    It absolutely is. Although you always get the odd few who complain that it's "too hot" :rolleyes:

^^ That'd be me. I'm a wimp in the heat. This weekend wasn't too bad, but once you start hitting the 20s and I'm melting :)

quickbeam wrote: »
    ^^ That'd be me. I'm a wimp in the heat. This weekend wasn't too bad, but once you start hitting the 20s and I'm melting :)

I'm the total opposite, I love heat! This weekend was nice, although I still found it slightly chilly, needs to be warmer for me to start digging out the summer clothes :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement