Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,829 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Graces7 wrote: »
    there is someone outside

Graces , keep ringing the guards , they might be able to get someone , even the ferry men , to go check on you and hopefully scare or take him back to the mainland .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Graces , keep ringing the gaurds , they might be able to get someone , even the ferry men , to go check on you and hopefully scare or take him back to the mainland .

sokay; they know and will get her when they can and trhey will have by now calld the ferryman who for some reason got the creep to come here

this creature is not an islander .. the noise outside will have been an islander checking the delivery was inside. probably the ferry man . noone came to the door so they are respecting that and te creep will not now dare make trouble any more

i should not ne so upset , just this dratted illness and the shock of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I finally got a job! :)

checked outside and all is quiet. wlil be safe now.
    There is a Cross visible here and he mocked my faith, in the worst possible way

• Advertisement

I finally got a job! :)

WELL DONE! Hope it pays well, ;):)

Boxes of lovely food all so well packaged

Well, I can see the ferryman;s house from here and he mine.The last while one of the brothers has been on the driveway there .This is unusual so maybe they are keeping an unobtrusive eye? Bless them.

Tucking into a toasted cheese roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I got new wool today :-) and a new crochet project to start. Is it nearly time for the kids to go to bed......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Rogueish wrote: »
    I got new wool today :-) and a new crochet project to start. Is it nearly time for the kids to go to bed......

You sound like Mrs S: new wool = new energy, new projects and extra smiles. I don't get it myself but I'm the same with new fishing gear, I suppose.

• Advertisement

Simple supportive friendship.. Not trivial but BLESSINGS AND THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just finished two teeny pink cardis for twin baby girls due soon ! I love having someone to knit for !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Pajamas are ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Just finished two teeny pink cardis for twin baby girls due soon! I love having someone to knit for !

I'm still a beginner but have successfully completed a few projects enough that family have made a few requests. :)

My new problem so many nice yarns but not enough time, money or skill level.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

The anticipation of a nice cosy bed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I'm still a beginner but have successfully completed a few projects enough that family have made a few requests. :)

My new problem so many nice yarns but not enough time, money or skill level.....

I hadnt knit for about 20 years and then only very basic . I got the Knitting for Dummies and found it great ! Also watched loads of you tube videos and started with very plain cardis . Now I have confidence I play around with patterns and incorporate bits from different patterns . Keep at it !' I get requests all the time now for baby knits

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I was feeling really drained and run down after work today but I’m TH that a cheesy dinner, chocolate and a couple of hours singing at choir practice have cheered me right up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The way a long, steaming, shower eases the aches of a busy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Glad there's people looking out for you on the island Graces7 and sorry to hear you had to go through that ordeal earlier. All the best to you

Sometimes charity shops have yarn to sell? Springwools in Dublin bless our work ; they keep a big box in the shop and collect oddments and have a iist of charities they support, And I mean a BIG BOX. I could sleep in it.. All kinds of unusual and expensive yarns...

• Advertisement

Glad there's people looking out for you on the island Graces7 and sorry to hear you had to go through that ordeal earlier. All the best to you

Thanks. It was all so unexpected and to be woken from sleep like that,. Shudders, And thanks all for being here as you were..

A woolly story if I may!

I send mos of my work to Canada where my extended family and colleagues work with the huge numbers of homeless.

They keep abreast of what will sell;I have not used patterns for many years.

The latest is "infinity scarves" long enough to twice around the neck an then to the waist. They are joined into a circle, hence the name and are about 90 inches long.. I add cables to everything as it being knitted on an Irish island is a real sales pitch

So there was a large full ball of Aran cream in the box and I made the set. Scarf, fingerless mitts and wide headband,
    They sold there for an amazing price!!!

So Margaret was out in town one day and saw!! MY SET on a lady! She could not resist and said to her, " I know who knitted those. "

The lady replied," I KNITTED ALL THESE,. I AM A KNITTER"

Margaret challenged that of course but the lady insisted it all her work
    But we have labels that are sewn discreetly into a seam...

People!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Picked up my patio set in Aldi at 21:55 just as they were closing! Last one in the right colour. Come on the sun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Normally I'd change my bed sheet every Friday but I decided to be a mad thing and do it tonight instead :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A long weekend. Love booking a Friday off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Gonna ask a controversial question- how often do people change their bedclothes- I used be terrible now Im once every few weeks.

Normally I'd change my bed sheet every Friday but I decided to be a mad thing and do it tonight instead .

Gowan ya good thing Seph! :)

Try_harder wrote:
    Gonna ask a controversial question- how often do people change their bedclothes- I used be terrible now Im once every few weeks.

Every leap year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Every leap year.

Lucky 2000 was a leap year then eh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Try_harder wrote: »

I'm like Seph, fresh sheets every Friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement