Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

• 12-03-2019 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

MMA fighter Conor McGregor was arrested and charged with ‘strong-armed robbery’ in Miami Beach, Florida, after police said he slapped a cell phone out of a fan’s hand and stomped on it.

https://twitter.com/RTSportNews/status/1105250339102576642

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Scum will be scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

What do you expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I wonder if he was, eh, and I have to be careful here, full of energy and aggressive and had the sniffles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Probably off his head on something. Can't stand the bloke but hardly 'strong armed robbery'..no idea what they define that as but seems like an over reaction. Fan was probably being a dick too. Still, hopefully they'll lock him up over there and we can stop hearing about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bit of a non story. He was probably after having a ‘very good night’ and got a bit aggressive leaving the club. Could happen to the best of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

shockedpikachu.jpeg

jesus

and he always seemed like such a decent fella

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

you think you're all news'd out with Brexit and shít, and then BOOM! that left hand lands square on the jaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Apple fan boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Is UFC still popular even? You wouldn’t hear much about it these days. It’s a bit like cryptocurrency. Seemed to reach a peak around 2017.

• Advertisement

The arrest comes almost a year after McGregor was arrested in New York, for attacking a bus carrying several UFC fighters – apparently targeting Nurmagomedov. He pleaded guilty to a disorderly conduct charge and was sentenced to three days of anger management courses – which apparently didn‘t work – and five days of community service.

I wonder if they expected his anger management course to be of benefit to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

....Its going to end so well for him!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is UFC still popular even? You wouldn’t hear much about it these days. It’s a bit like cryptocurrency. Seemed to reach a peak around 2017.

It was around long before McGregor and will be long after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

but hardly 'strong armed robbery'..no idea what they define that as but seems like an over reaction.

Don't forget, it was in the US. Their legal system is as fecked up as ours is.

Just a shame the arresting officer didn't taze him. Now that would be a newsworthy story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

you think you're all news'd out with Brexit and shít, and then BOOM! that left hand lands square on the jaw

Did you need to tap out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wheety wrote: »
    I wonder if he was, eh, and I have to be careful here, full of energy and aggressive and had the sniffles.

He could be diabetic, people with that condition can get very cranky with just a little bit of sugar, never mind 10 tablespoons of the stuff.

Did you need to tap out though

Bravo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Hes gone a complete dickhead friends with his cousin even there sick of him, such a pity .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Probably off his head on something. Can't stand the bloke but hardly 'strong armed robbery'..no idea what they define that as but seems like an over reaction. Fan was probably being a dick too. Still, hopefully they'll lock him up over there and we can stop hearing about him.

Why does he have to be on something? Not the first time a celebrity/sports star has gotten a little overly pissed off with a fan sticking a phone in their faces.

Not defending him and certainly no fan, but if it had been someone else, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There has never been a single recorded case of cocaine in Miami.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

America is full of snowflakes.

This is a non story, probably some idiot mouthing off and shoving a camera on his face, I’d do the same.

Went crying to the police because his phone got smashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Genuine question, does it matter if you get a conviction in a different continent?

Heard about the bad thing he did to a lady and his heavy friends didn't a;;ow it/

Does a conviction in America really mean anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Arrested twice in 12 months over in the auld US of A. Very interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I wonder what woman was on his arm this time

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Why does he have to be on something? Not the first time a celebrity/sports star has gotten a little overly pissed off with a fan sticking a phone in their faces.

A number of stories and photos have been circulating that feature him for quite some time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭baldbear

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I wonder what woman was on his arm this time

His mother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He's kinna boring now, I wonder how quickly he ll get through his money

Not defending him and certainly no fan, but if it had been someone else, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Well, in this case, it is Conor McGregor who seems to often be aided by something medicinal in relation to stories which hit the headlines about his behaviour and sure he's from Crumlin, they're all on stuff there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Good thing our Leo is heading stateside this week, he can bring him home with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What a waster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

You’ll do nuttin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

He has strong arms

rafatoni wrote: »
    Arrested twice in 12 months over in the auld US of A. Very interesting....

How does this three strike thing work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BuT He'S jUsT pLaYiNg A cHaRaChTeR tO SeLl TiCkEtS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You can’t buy class.

NINTCHDBPICT000474080261.jpg?strip=all&w=960

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

The "fan" showed Connor WhatsApp messages that had allegations that Connor was involved in serious crime in Ireland and called him names.
    Connor flipped took his phone off him and smashed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

He's not fight training so? He could have been a legend but he doesn't have the brains, his demise will make the media more money then he ever made in the octagon. The scobes nationwide will have to find another idol.

This is such a non story I can’t believe this whole are making such a big deal.

It's literally world wide news.. it's scrolling along the news feed on screens where I work.. it's not a non story..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

He was arrested, again, ….. :rolleyes:

It is a big deal. As he is a worldwide (?) superstar of MMA.
    It would be like Ronaldo getting arrested …

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »

For smashing a phone some idiot was waving in his face.

My point is there is much more important news than this.

It’s really not a big deal.

greenspurs wrote: »

ronald who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ronald who?

Mcdonald

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

It's literally world wide news.. it's scrolling along the news feed on screens where I work.. it's not a non story..

It should be non news.sick to the teeth listening about Mc tapper and his bullsh1t antics

Mcdonald

makes sense, with his stupid big red feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

The "fan" showed Connor WhatsApp messages that had allegations that Connor was involved in serious crime in Ireland and called him names.
    Connor flipped took his phone off him and smashed it.

Ooh didn’t see that anywhere in the news reports? We’re you actually there? The Americans do love a bit of fake news

It should be non news.sick to the teeth listening about Mc tapper and his bullsh1t antics

Well, yes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This won't be his last arrest nor will it be the biggest charge against him.

I respect his fighting skills but outside of that he is scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

This is sad watching someone destroy their life and career.
    He'll end up paying out his fortune to people to keep them quiet, after he does something stupid.

What a fool, will the heavy boys fly to america to silence this story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I know he tends to do himself no favours in terms of keeping a low profile, but I wonder how many people on here would manage not to snap once or twice with constant cameras in their face no matter what they do and no matter where they go for the last 5 years?

He can’t have it both ways I know, but it must be very frustrating and annoying to now not even be able to walk out of a hotel the odd time without being jumped on.

There’s also a big difference between politely asking for a photo and being a ****, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if said “fan” was being a prick. He’s also with his son and the rest of his family. Maybe something was said or done there?

I highly doubt the fan asked for a photo and then Conor just grabbed said phone and smashed it. There’ll be a lot more to the story.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement