Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Our dog has just had puppies, so I was asking our 2 year old girl what we should call them and the first name she thought of was 'Sunbeam'

Later when my wife's friend was over we asked her to share the name she had come up with and she said 'Sunbeam, can you say sunbeam?'
    And when my wife's friend said it back, she said 'Very good, excellent job' and wandered off

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

He finished secondary school in June. At the mass/tea/cakes/goodbye night the principal said to me that if they could enrol a studnet like Dear Son every year the school would be a better place.

"Pints are only a fiver in the college bar."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Just looking at my son playing with a little Polish boy in the park for the past hour, neither has a clue what the other is saying but they're having the best time. Just makes me smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

In aldi yesterday, turned onto the drink aisle with my little 21 month old girl

" Look Look , Daddies wine " :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Idrive wrote: »
    In aldi yesterday, turned onto the drink aisle with my little 21 month old girl

" Look Look , Daddies wine " :D

Heheh

I take my 5 year old to Aldi on occasion. Whenever he sees the mini Frikadellen he shouts, "Daddy's little meatballs!"

So that's what they're called in our house now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

He has been sucking on a lemon since he got home. He makes the 'lemon face' each time he licks it but he has been at it for about 20 minutes :D Just bit a piece off there now ..........................

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When life gives you lemons, give them to your babies/toddlers... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's on video now. Another to add to the movie for his 21st birthday party

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Another passed onto me about someone else's child!

My cousins little girl is 4 and started school this year. In preparations for the big day she went to the hairdresser with her older brothers for a haircut. Unfortunately the hairdresser was way over zealous and chopped away all her curls so she ended up with boyish short hair. She said nothing and didn't get upset just carried on as normal. Nothing was said about it either so as not to upset her though her mum was raging.
    Fast forward on a few weeks and she goes to get her school uniform and try it on, her mum picks up a pinafore type dress for her and she says to her mum " oh... so am I going to be a girl again??"
    Apparently for 3 weeks she went around thinking she was a boy and was delighted to be told she was indeed a girl.

It broke my heart but the innocence of it made me smile too! It's amazing what's going on in their little heads we might be oblivious to though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was chatting to my 3 year old yesterday about pre-school and I asked him if he liked the assistant (she's the one who helps the children with the toilet, naptime and lunchtime). He said, "Yes mammy she's very nice but she wasn't happy when I put too much food in my mouth".

At least I know he likes the canteen food!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Discussing babies with my 3 year old this morning, pretty much "would you like another baby", "no, we done"

I then mentioned that it would be nice to have baby cousins, to which she replied "no, grandad don't like baby cousins, so no baby cousins". When I asked why I was told "baby cousins eat spiders and climb on the roof"

What was funnier was her face when I laughed and she said "stop joking, it not funny"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I've been reading Charlotte's Web to my five year old. We got to a part where Charlotte the spider is up in a corner working on something for herself, and Wilbur the pig asks her what it is, but she won't say.

My boy: "She's making the bag for her eggs. She's going to lay all her eggs."

To which I smiled, as he was predicting correctly. Then in the book the spider tells the pig, "In the morning, I will show you my masterpiece." I stopped and smiled at my boy and he got this knowing look on his face.

Me: "Do you know what I'm thinking?"
    Him: "Yep. I do."
    Me: "What am I thinking."
    Him: "You're thinking that me and R (his brother) are your masterpieces."

Spot on, son.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

yesterday was reading bed time story to my 3 year old princess.
    She noticed the ring on my finger. asked me why do i have ring to my finger.
    i explained that that is my weeding ring. i got that when i got married with daddy..
    She started crying so badly because she said.. " U cant merry daddy first , i will .. its my daddy.. "

That sounded so funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was in the Parents Room in the school the other day,waiting to bring him to Playschool.He was playing with a dinosaur and i said aagh hes going to eat me.

He rolls his eyes and goes tsk,you know its not real,dont you.As if im some eejet.Lol i had to laugh at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

A relative runs one of the large private hospitals with a huge auditorium.
    His 6 year old has been quite upset about the Syrian refugees and announced to his father that he would be closing down the hospital and letting the refugees live there,and they could play the piano too if they got bored.

7 year old gets up this morning and says he will make the 4 year old breakfast.Grand i said make him a bowl of cereal.No he says i made him microwave chips.The 4 year old is watching Spongebob and eating his chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

That breakfast one reminds of the time my 3 year old came back from a sleepover with her grandparents where she gets spoilt rotten.... This is the speil I got the following morning:

"For breakfast in bed I would like
    Brown toast with butter, with the butter not melted and no jam, not even raspberry jam.
    A croissant with nutella please, and the croissant broken into three pieces
    Small glass of milk and a smoothie. "

I didn't have ANY of those things, she got porridge, at the kitchen table.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I have posted about my daughter here before, she is a big fan of dogs. She is 3.5, today were were out walking and met a man who was quite short (probably about 5 feet 2 or 3) and he had a huge dog, like an Irish wolfhound I guess, it was huge anyway. So in her usual way she was all about the dog, and then she said "and you are a cute little man" All I wanted was for the ground to open up, it didn't!

Was walking down the road today talking to my 5 year old about death of all things.Anyway i said you die when you stop breathing.And he says like Michael Jackson did.I fell around laughing,where he got MJ from i have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Collected her from crèche and she came running up saying my mammy comes mammy comes and looking out proudly to her friends.

Then later on on the way back from the shop, we passed an elderly man to whom she said hello. He replied hello and she said "my mammy comes" again because it's very important:)

N then this evening I was taking her hair out and she said "mammy what you doing with my hair?" I had to laugh.

Also I have a bit of a cough n every time I cough she stops n goes "y'ok? Yeah" n carries on haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

19 month old is a riot at the moment, picking up language so fast, and driving her older sister completely bonkers by wanting to do everything she does at the same time. I really feel for eldest siblings sometimes, they get an awful hard time! Younger ones get all the advantages.

When I asked the small one to give back the favourite butterfly Pj's she just stole off her big sister's bed, she says very politely and sincerely "No thank you mammy, I won't right now" and saunters off like that's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

A while ago i was putting bleach down the toilet and my 3 year old daughter asked me what it was. We always have it kept out of reach but anyway i told her it was to clean the toilet and that she is never to touch it that "only mammys can".

She has a new little sister and another day i was explaining to her that her sister is a baby, she is a girl and i am a woman.

Now whenever she asks me to do anything like go out on the road and play and i say "no you can go when you are older", she says "so i can play on the road when im older like a woman and when i can clean the toilets?".

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Mrs beer went into half pints room this morning, wearing pj bottoms and a red bra. Himself pops up, where did you get the red boobies mammy. Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Spread the love

I always say to anyone who leaves the house in their car to drive safe.

Grandad came to visit and when he was leaving, my 26 month old daughter stood at the front door shouting out at him to 'Drive Safe'. It was cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 19 month old is expanding her language base so so much, today she has been running around shouting "ice cold!"

Not sure she's getting it when I respond "what's cooler than cool?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My 3 week old daughter slept for seven hours in a row last night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

My 13 year old couldn't swim and wouldn't even get into the water until a month ago and after 3 private lessons is diving into the deep end. To say I'm proud is an understatement.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got a text from my son's playschool teacher saying "I hear congrats are in order, when are u due?" Turned out my son had gone in to school today and announced that there is a baby in my tummy (there's not, to the best of my knowledge!) and it's a girl and she's going to be called Jinx! We had a right old laugh about it when I explained he'd probably come up with the name Jinx cos I let him watch an episode of RuPaul's drag race with me last night, and Jinx Monsoon is one of the queens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

My son said he loved me back after I said it to him a gave me a big cuddly hug :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

our 4 year old climbs up onto the sofa & says "I want to give you a hug, cos hugs make you happy" I dont know if it makes me or him happy but he does it about 2-3 times a day.

Advertisement