Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

gar wrote: »
    I can confirm that both me and corkgirl17 have been scammed by the same person "the whole year inn".
    Both of us have been removed from the family subscription and have confirmed this with spotify. They have also said the slots are full on that family group also so just kicking people off and charging again obviously.
    I have found boards so friendly and honest and this is the first time i have come across this. So frustrating but there will always be an a$$hole

Member since 2002 and over 5,000 posts, only the fact that user is a City fan might have gave it away. Just unlucky.
    Looking at post history he seems to have setup 2 groups, 1 for a "friend".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I can confirm that both me and corkgirl17 have been scammed by the same person "the whole year inn".
    Both of us have been removed from the family subscription and have confirmed this with spotify. They have also said the slots are full on that family group also so just kicking people off and charging again obviously.
    I have found boards so friendly and honest and this is the first time i have come across this. So frustrating but there will always be an a$$hole

sorry to hear that but i hope this doesnt **** it up for the rest of us.as in spotify cracking down on "families".

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Have another 2 spaces available in my family as haven't heard back from people due to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Stupify wrote: »
    Have another 2 spaces available in my family as haven't heard back from people due to renew.

I hate piggybacking other people's efforts ... but I'd be happy to join your family. What do you need form me?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Mike1961 wrote: »
    I hate piggybacking other people's efforts ... but I'd be happy to join your family. What do you need form me?
    Haha, g'man Mike, I'll pm you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tooler08

Stupify wrote: »

I'll take the other spot if its still going please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

I can confirm that both me and corkgirl17 have been scammed by the same person "*".

Just to update that this issue has finally been resolved despite multiple unanswered emails and messages through boards.
    Both myself and corkgirl17 are back on the family.
    Putting it down to lack of response which has been resolved.

I am editing my posts to remove name to be fair. if others that quote could do the same please?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 levingout92

I don't post here really ever but I will setup a family if anyone wants to join pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

Could or should we make a list of trusted heads of families?
    Im running my second year of family and only through lack of speed in his contact had to replace 1 member this year.
    (sorry Bonkers i recommend you for the next available space)
    This should be a trust thing and can only ever work this way.
    Anyone starting a family must be committed to following the payments through per month or even pay all up front
    i do mine by dd every month.

I have no idea btw how a list could be organized, just a idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Mech1 wrote: »
    Could or should we make a list of trusted heads of families?
    Im running my second year of family and only through lack of speed in his contact had to replace 1 member this year.
    (sorry Bonkers i recommend you for the next available space)
    This should be a trust thing and can only ever work this way.
    Anyone starting a family must be committed to following the payments through per month or even pay all up front
    i do mine by dd every month.

I have no idea btw how a list could be organized, just a idea.

No problems Mech1, I've been taken in by a new family. They treat me well and keep me in playlists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Just to update that this issue has finally been resolved despite multiple unanswered emails and messages through boards.
    Both myself and corkgirl17 are back on the family.
    Putting it down to lack of response which has been resolved.

I am editing my posts to remove name to be fair. if others that quote could do the same please?
    Well since the family was already full, it means someone else has been kicked out instead? Hopefully not a boards member

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone got email yesterday for 3 months 99c deal, wondering is it easy to opt out and will it sync with alexa ?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

scamalert wrote: »
    anyone got email yesterday for 3 months 99c deal, wondering is it easy to opt out and will it sync with alexa ?

99c?

I was offered it for €9.99.

You just unsubscribe before the 3 months are up. Should work with Alexa as it will still be a premium account, even after unsubscribing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

scamalert wrote: »

I got this deal just before Xmas, works fine with alexa. You can cancel anytime and you still have premium until 3 months is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

I'm looking for a new family, please and thanks. Any spaces please pm

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

I have 1 space on a family account. Payment is via paypal friends and family. 18 euro for 6 months membership. First to thank this post can have the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

PM sent to Tippgirl74.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Any families left with an available space?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

I was a member of a family previously. now ive started up a new family..do i need to update my address or how does it work when adding members? I seen on the website it says if you become part of a new family you need to create a new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

I was a member of  a family group before but now started my own group..Do i have to use the address I was a member of before as seen on the website if you were previously a member of a family group, you need to set up a new account, is that right? anyone been a member of 2 different groups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Looking for a space too

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

I might have 1 free spot for someone. Current family deal is up on 2nd June and one of the members hasn't replied to a couple of messages I've sent about renewing (even though he's online every day). If he doesn't get back to me by June 1st, the first person to reply here is welcome to his spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Gadge wrote: »
    I might have 1 free spot for someone. Current family deal is up on 2nd June and one of the members hasn't replied to a couple of messages I've sent about renewing (even though he's online every day). If he doesn't get back to me by June 1st, the first person to reply here is welcome to his spot.

Me please! :)

Kolido wrote: »
    I got this deal just before Xmas, works fine with alexa. You can cancel anytime and you still have premium until 3 months is up.
    sorry folks forgot to add thanks to all those that helped and replied, yes theres 3 mo deal going for 99c atm, anyone looking to test out waters think its amazing deal and 3 months is more then enough to make up mind, but in comparison to amazon its very similar service and choices, well radio seems plus for spotify but then again its matter of opinion if you use it at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I prefer the Google Play Music playlists, seems to have one for everything.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I prefer the Google Play Music playlists, seems to have one for everything.
    id agree from using both on trial amazon seemed to have better choices, spotify playlists seem to have a lot of random stuff thrown in together, both services are good thou, but didnt tried to pair spotify to alexa yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

leex wrote: »
    Me please! :)

I'll let you know in a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Gadge wrote: »
    I'll let you know in a few days!

If he falls through I’m looking to join too!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SFG

looking to join one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Looking to start or join a group

Have 3 spaces taken so need 3 more.

First three to pm me can join

Update:

One more needed.

One taken by SFG

One taken by ghost train

Advertisement