Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus Nord

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

TitianGerm wrote: »

That price is for prime members only. If you never had a trial than you could sign up for the trial and also get it at that price.

Otherwise it’s 30£ more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Agree with an earlier post commending OnePlus for managing to keep the phone's price down while including some good specs - it seems to be a really great bundle.

However, I'm not a great fan of the double punch hole pill shape on the front.

And I'm a little concerned about the main camera quality - OnePlus 8 reviews say it doesn't impress on that device.

I know at that price point I'm expecting too much - I may need to find an extra few hundred euro to afford a device with better camera specs, or alternatively, wait for Pixel 4a, whenever that sees the light of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Marketing gimmick, you get all of those as standard features.

Yeah, the surprise gift thing seems really weird!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I saw one comment elsewhere saying they got the Poco f2 pro on AliExpress for 420. I have a Poco F1, thinking the Nord might be a better buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Anybody know if any of the carriers will offer the Nord with their plans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

The surprise gifts are actually decent. Picking the right option actually could get you the new oneplus buds.

:)

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/what-does-select-a-surprise-gift-for-your-nord-means.1261740/

90hz is sandstone black case
    Cameras is screen protector
    Charger is sandstone blue case
    5g is blue buds
    Oxygen os is white buds

B Rabbit wrote: »
    The surprise gifts are actually decent. Picking the right option actually could get you the new oneplus buds.

:)

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/what-does-select-a-surprise-gift-for-your-nord-means.1261740/

90hz is sandstone black case
    Cameras is screen protector
    Charger is sandstone blue case
    5g is blue buds
    Oxygen os is white buds

You can't order from the oneplus site now can you? And I presume the free gifts won't be there in a couple of weeks. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

You can pre order it off Amazon uk for £349 (£30 off 379 if you pre order) - about €385 at the minute through revolut if you want to.
    Think ill be going for it and through amazon. Buying for work and Oneplus wont give VAT receipts which stopped me buying from them before a good while back. Looks like a great phone for the money.

I was reading that the buds aren't fantastic for actually listening to music, like the apple buds, you can hear a lot of noise. Might be better going for Amazon and then actually buying a pair of buds separately from another company.

You can pre order it off Amazon uk for £349 (£30 off 379 if you pre order) - about €385 at the minute through revolut if you want to.
    Think ill be going for it and through amazon. Buying for work and Oneplus wont give VAT receipts which stopped me buying from them before a good while back. Looks like a great phone for the money.

Plus, Amazon lets you pre-order while oneplus is now to "Coming Soon - available in 12 days".

Yes, you will not get a gift but at least you know you get it first (after the previously pre-orders).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I had a Oneplus X which was a reasonable deal at the time, but they did not continue that range which seemed rather odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Raoul wrote: »
    You can't order from the oneplus site now can you? And I presume the free gifts won't be there in a couple of weeks. :o

No , I think it was just via early invites.
    I was reading that the buds aren't fantastic for actually listening to music, like the apple buds, you can hear a lot of noise. Might be better going for Amazon and then actually buying a pair of buds separately from another company.

Yeah, well they're not going to compete with the likes of Bose QC 35s. They're wireless buds without noise cancelling and they're tiny.

So don't expect them compete. I have airpods and Bose 35s.

Each have their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The buds do look extremely underwhelming.

For not too much more money you can buy a lot better Id say.

adox wrote: »
    The buds do look extremely underwhelming.

For not too much more money you can buy a lot better Id say.

Yea, no silicon tips either.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

I had a Oneplus X which was a reasonable deal at the time, but they did not continue that range which seemed rather odd.

I still have one of these! Still works well but starting to slow down a bit. (And the onboard storage is tiny).

Will the Nord be around the same size in the hand, does anyone know?

gaffmaster wrote: »
    I still have one of these! Still works well but starting to slow down a bit. (And the onboard storage is tiny).

Will the Nord be around the same size in the hand, does anyone know?

Nord would be a good bit bigger I think:
    X - 5.51 x 2.72 x 0.27 inches (140 x 69 x 6.9 mm)
    Nord - 6.23 x 2.89 x 0.32 inches (158.3 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/OnePlus-X,OnePlus-Nord/phones/9781,11407

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

Nord would be a good bit bigger I think:
    X - 5.51 x 2.72 x 0.27 inches (140 x 69 x 6.9 mm)
    Nord - 6.23 x 2.89 x 0.32 inches (158.3 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/OnePlus-X,OnePlus-Nord/phones/9781,11407

You can get a decent visualisation of the differences in the prototype section on kimovil https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/oneplus-x-eu,oneplus-z

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

Can someone explain to me why this phone is for sale at €399 all over Europe, but €409 for Ireland?
    https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-nord

This is not going to stop me buying it :D but this looks suspicious to say the least...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

Dhenalau wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why this phone is for sale at €399 all over Europe, but €409 for Ireland?
    https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-nord

This is not going to stop me buying it :D but this looks suspicious to say the least...

Different VAT rates?

Also, ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk, which came out cheaper than the other Amazon sites.

• Advertisement

Looks like amazon is sold out of the £379 one now and only has the blue £469 one and no £30 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

Looks like amazon is sold out of the £379 one now and only has the blue £469 one and no £30 off.

Are you a Prime Member? Pretty sure the £30 off was only for Prime Members.

Kamu wrote: »
    Are you a Prime Member? Pretty sure the £30 off was only for Prime Members.

I am, ordered yesterday but in case anyone else was looking, the pre order 30 off offer seems to be gone now. Might come back I suppose in the next few days maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Was looking at this but I went for the Realme x50 5g
    You are basically paying about 100 extra just for a amoled screen

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I am, ordered yesterday but in case anyone else was looking, the pre order 30 off offer seems to be gone now. Might come back I suppose in the next few days maybe.

It's £349 on John Lewis as well.

Looks like the review embargo lifted this morning, loads of reviews popping up.

Where is the best place to get this now? All the offers seem to be gone. At the moment I'm leaving towards this over the pixel 4a to get 5g.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

Where is the best place to get this now? All the offers seem to be gone. At the moment I'm leaving towards this over the pixel 4a to get 5g.

It's available for general sale tomorrow morning at 9am direct from Oneplus. They've also added some additional free gifts for early buyers

b.gud wrote: »
    It's available for general sale tomorrow morning at 9am direct from Oneplus. They've also added some additional free gifts for early buyers

One has to love the evil empire (Google) for launching the Pixel 4a the day before the Nord goes officially on sale.

With 5G on the Nord not officially yet working in Ireland a strong 4G phone might actually be a good alternative.

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »

Yeah. Only some crappy bottle or exclusive packaging. Disappointed to miss out on the Amazon prime or john Lewis offer.

Advertisement