Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus Nord

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Theres a 10e voucher for referral if anyone is interested.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/invite#K7v3qVBnKPxYxQGKsMj4m1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Juxtapose wrote: »
    Theres a 10e voucher for referral if anyone is interested.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/invite#K7v3qVBnKPxYxQGKsMj4m1

Just took it there thanks, not sure if others can use it still?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Have a quick question, this is my first OP.

I registered my email address for membership to their services/community etc on their website. My partner also registered before ordering the phone using her student discount. She won't be using it at all - when the phone is received and I activate it, how do I ensure the phone is registered to my own account? I think it would be messy going back and forth through hers, if there were any issues with the phone and I had to contact OP or something.

Hococop wrote: »
    Just took it there thanks, not sure if others can use it still?

Think it can.. it's just a referral link so whoever claims gets a 10er voucher towards their purchase and it gifts me a voucher for 10.

its only if people are actually buying stuff it works.

rizzee wrote: »
    Have a quick question, this is my first OP.

I registered my email address for membership to their services/community etc on their website. My partner also registered before ordering the phone using her student discount. She won't be using it at all - when the phone is received and I activate it, how do I ensure the phone is registered to my own account? I think it would be messy going back and forth through hers, if there were any issues with the phone and I had to contact OP or something.

I presume you can change the email address it is registered to. Once its bought with the student discount email, can register it to another account (i presume?).

Wouldn't worry too much about it... unless of course you dont trust her... in which case, BURN THE PHONE IMMEDIATELY :D

• Advertisement

Juxtapose wrote: »
    I presume you can change the email address it is registered to. Once its bought with the student discount email, can register it to another account (i presume?).

Wouldn't worry too much about it... unless of course you dont trust her... in which case, BURN THE PHONE IMMEDIATELY :D

:D:D

They said as long as I have the order number and IMEI there won't be an issue for support. Roll on the 26th...

:D:D

They said as long as I have the order number and IMEI there won't be an issue for support. Roll on the 26th...

Hope it works out for you.
    Mine still saying dispatch 26th august, estimated delivery 1st Sept. Hopefully that changes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Dispatch waiting time gone back up to 3 weeks

Meanwhile if I go to the UK website and order for delivery to belfast, I can have it delivered by Tuesday with free delivery !

What's going on there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Dispatch waiting time gone back up to 3 weeks

Meanwhile if I go to the UK website and order for delivery to belfast, I can have it delivered by Tuesday with free delivery !

What's going on there ?

Is there an issue ordering via UK website and getting delivered to ParcelMotel?

I don't know to be honest. I've never used parcel motel or anything like that for UK orders.

What I've done today for the OnePlus is ordered it to deliver to a friend's house up nord..... I mean North !

I might try ring whichever delivery company it is to see if they can reroute it to me in Dublin. If not my mate will drop it down to be next time he's down for work

• Advertisement

Take out the extended cover from parcel motel and in the diary on your account page update any tracking information and what's expected to deliver - should be fine!

Never thought of looking at the UK site, do they do the student discount too?

rizzee wrote:
    Take out the extended cover from parcel motel and in the diary on your account page update any tracking information and what's expected to deliver - should be fine!

Thanks for this I had forgot about the diary and extended liability because I don't use it for very expensive stuff too often. Just order off UK there now got phone and cover for 412 with revolut and will cost <10 to deliver with the extended liability up to 500euro. Should be here by Wednesday latest. I've been rocking the OnePlus 5 since it's release date and it's only in last 2/3 weeks it's started acting up a little (battery getting very hot, dying from 10%, freezing) actually think the Android 10 upgrade killed it. A factory reset probably would have helped but after 3+ years it owed me nothing so when the Nord arrives I'll factory reset the 5 and will have it as a back up then if ever needed. Was going to trade it in against the phone for €60 but decided when there was very little wrong with it it can be handy to have a working unlocked phone at hand. Looking forward to comparing the two

Best of luck!

What cover did you go for? I was thinking of getting the standard clear case or the blue sandstone effect one. Doesn't seem to be Ringke or Spigen ones available, yet.

Best of luck!

What cover did you go for? I was thinking of getting the standard clear case or the blue sandstone effect one. Doesn't seem to be Ringke or Spigen ones available, yet.

I got the blue phone so went for just a clear cover for the minute. have spigen on my OP5 for over 2 years so can see myself getting another for nord when it becomes available. Didnt get a screen projector as yet cause wasnt available online this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Thanks for this I had forgot about the diary and extended liability because I don't use it for very expensive stuff too often. Just order off UK there now got phone and cover for 412 with revolut and will cost <10 to deliver with the extended liability up to 500euro. Should be here by Wednesday latest. I've been rocking the OnePlus 5 since it's release date and it's only in last 2/3 weeks it's started acting up a little (battery getting very hot, dying from 10%, freezing) actually think the Android 10 upgrade killed it. A factory reset probably would have helped but after 3+ years it owed me nothing so when the Nord arrives I'll factory reset the 5 and will have it as a back up then if ever needed. Was going to trade it in against the phone for €60 but decided when there was very little wrong with it it can be handy to have a working unlocked phone at hand. Looking forward to comparing the two

Had the same happen to my OnePlus5. You need to reset the cache on Google Services

https://www.newstalk.com/news/covid-tracker-app-hse-working-google-amid-reports-battery-issues-1058201

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

I've the 8 Pro and love it, think it's an absolute beast of a phone.

My best friend who was previously a staunch Apple buyer came to me looking for advice on a great phone to replace his iPhone XS, showed him a few phones including the Nord and he fell in love with it, loved the colour. I've seen it in person and messed about with it since he got it and although obviously it's not an 8 Pro, it's still amazing for 400.

I still don't understand why they went from having a single camera to a dual punch-hole one similar to the P40 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Best of luck!

Just a heads up the phone come with a clear cover in the box. Well mostly clear, its got a frosting kind of design on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Julez wrote: »
    Just a heads up the phone come with a clear cover in the box. Well mostly clear, its got a frosting kind of design on it.

Also screen protector

Yep - thanks! Love the silicon cases with the dust plug at the end of it. I picked up another clear case (without the frosting) on eBay... don't want to obstruct that blue back in any way :D I'll probably pick up a couple more anyway.
    KilOit wrote: »
    Also screen protector

Thanks, it's plastic though, right? Got my 3 pack of tempered glass from Amazon ready to put on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Yep - thanks! Love the silicon cases with the dust plug at the end of it. I picked up another clear case (without the frosting) on eBay... don't want to obstruct that blue back in any way :D I'll probably pick up a couple more anyway.

Thanks, it's plastic though, right? Got my 3 pack of tempered glass from Amazon ready to put on...

Which tempered glass did you go for in the end? So many options and limited reviews at the moment.

• Advertisement

I'm still on the OnePlus 5 myself but strangely haven't suffered the issues you describe

I'm just getting the new one because I've dropped my current one a fair few times, and even though the screen is fine as in I can't see any scratches while using it there are scratches on it. There's also a crack on the top left corner on the notch glass, not the screen l.

One thing that did happen was I feel into water with it in my pocket and it stopped working for an hour or two. Took out the sim tray and water came out too ! But it worked again, the only difference the ear piece on phone calls seems a bit lower.

But other than that good phone but 3 years later times have moved on and I'm looking forward to a better screen and camera on the Nord.

Out of curiosity, mine was set for UK delivery Wednesday too but still tracking as in Atherstone at the moment. How's yours looking for delivery ?

Out of curiosity, mine was set for UK delivery Wednesday too but still tracking as in Atherstone at the moment. How's yours looking for delivery ?

Yeah mine still says "We have your item at Atherstone Xmas DC and it's on its way" hopefully arrives to parcel motel today and I can collect it tomorrow.

OnePlus Ireland site, Grey colour (128GB) ships within 24hrs, Blue (128GB) is down to 8 days.

OnePlus Ireland site, Grey colour (128GB) ships within 24hrs, Blue (128GB) is down to 8 days.

Typical. Is the grey one I ordered too, would've held off if I knew that would happen

Still no movement on tracking either

Still no movement on tracking either

Mine has moved to Northern Ireland MC

Mine has moved to Northern Ireland MC

Just seen that there in the last hour. Mine is the same

I reckon delivery tomorrow with that

I reckon delivery tomorrow with that

Here's hoping

Which tempered glass did you go for in the end? So many options and limited reviews at the moment.

Sorry, forgot to get back to you.

I got these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DG5TYCC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Just looking now and not great reviews to be honest, I'll check the sizing out when the phone comes and if it doesn't fit then I'll return for free and order others (maybe the ones with hole cut out for camera). Looking at the here they seem fine, but let's see when the phone arrives next week.

I see Spigen covers are now available, they're usually solid and I've used the ultra hybrid model with previous phones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083G84HMW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8FvqFbSEWR5PG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Looking to pick up a 2 of these, where is the best place to buy from price wise?

Advertisement