Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus Nord

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

DGRulz wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a 2 of these, where is the best place to buy from price wise?

X2 student accounts @€;388 each from OP direct?

Got my dispatch email from Poland today, being delivered tomorrow. Like a kid at Christmas :D

rizzee wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to get back to you.

I got these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DG5TYCC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Just looking now and not great reviews to be honest, I'll check the sizing out when the phone comes and if it doesn't fit then I'll return for free and order others (maybe the ones with hole cut out for camera). Looking at the here they seem fine, but let's see when the phone arrives next week.

I can confirm the above glass protectors are excellent. . Great response, fingerprint reader is very fast with it. Literally 1 or 2mm gap barely noticeable (fits with case on) and doesn't effect front camera.

Messing around with the phone all day, super impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Myself and the wife got one each today. Ordered Wednesday and arrived today direct from the OnePlus website, paid 10 for the quicker delivery. Super impressed with the shipping. Headphones and a Finsta cover included for 409.

Still getting used to the phone but early impressions are very positive. Love it so far.

Ordered 2 of these, on sale down to 2.99gbp delivered (with Prime)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076X8W2QR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Gq0uFb1HZC8N1

USB-C to 3.5mm Aux. May be handy for someone here. Not sure if I'll use them as most of my audio devices are Bluetooth now but handy nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Myself and the wife got one each today. Ordered Wednesday and arrived today direct from the OnePlus website, paid 10 for the quicker delivery. Super impressed with the shipping. Headphones and a Finsta cover included for 409.

Still getting used to the phone but early impressions are very positive. Love it so far.

Ordered on Thursday night, arrived on Monday morning.
    Battery is very good so far, Warp Charge is very impressive as well.
    The included cover is decent and have left the screen protector on because why not?

Not used the 90hz screen refresh yet and unfortunately my network don't have 5G yet. Think I miss fingerprint sensor being physical and on the back but getting used to the in screen one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Using this phone about 4 weeks now and i'm extremely impressed with it.

It's super quick, sleek design, high build quality, brilliant price, 20 min charge gets me nearly 48 hours on medium to heavy usage.

if you are on the fence or in the market for a new phone don't waste your money on any of the flagship stupid €1000 phones. i see no point in even the Oneplus 8/pro with this on the market.

I feel phones are reaching peak performance without any game changing technologies like foldable screens, super advanced holographic designs or integrated eyewear.
    Current form as a piece of solid plastic/metal in your pocket you don't need anything else than this phones capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Just an update to anyone thinking of ordering this from the Nord website.

I ordered on Monday, with free shipping at it arrived today (Wednesday). Incredibly quick, so no need to pay 9.99 for the quicker shipping.

After playing around with this phone for a few hours its incredible (i had a pretty old huawei phone before but still remarkable phone!)
    The camera, battery, charging capabilities are amazing. Never been happier with a phone!

Also it comes with charging cable, clear bumper cover and a screen protector already installed on the phone.

Hope some of that helps anyone undecided still!

Did you manage to get the free USB-C buds and Sandstone case with the phone?

2 weeks with mine. Super super impressed. Easily 1.5 days battery 7-8 hours SOT and a quick top up with the Warp Charger is dead handy and great peace of mind.

Looking forward to trying the new Oxygen 11 with AOD, should be here in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

What is the camera like compared to say, Pixel 3a?
    Oneplus have usually lagged with the camera quality

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Just the ear buds and a clear cover, think i missed the boat with the sandstone case! Very impressed with the 2 day free delivery tho.

It's a fantastic phone so far, so quick and responsive, im amazed at the warp charge and camera on it, happy days :D

• Advertisement

Bidiots - would you believe I had the 3A as well, I don't use the camera that much to be honest. Maybe on holidays or something like that (not going anywhere these days!!) I even went from a Galaxy S20+ to this phone. That's how much I care about a camera :D but from what I've heard and comments from other people, the quality is great. I've already gotten 2 updates for the camera, so there is constant improvements. From when I'm taking photos in various conditions, I can safely say I am impressed and not a bad thing to say about them.

Juxtapose - lucky you, I was waiting 3 weeks, well worth the wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Did you manage to get the free USB-C buds and Sandstone case with the phone?

2 weeks with mine. Super super impressed. Easily 1.5 days battery 7-8 hours SOT and a quick top up with the Warp Charger is dead handy and great peace of mind.

Looking forward to trying the new Oxygen 11 with AOD, should be here in the next week or two.

Got neither, feck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Just ordered this evening and got the Type-C Bullets Earphones Black & the Sandstone Bumper Case as free gifts, logged into my account and my current phone, OnePlus 2 was purchased Dec 2015. Couldn't believe it, nearly 5 years same phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Just ordered this evening and got the Type-C Bullets Earphones Black & the Sandstone Bumper Case as free gifts, logged into my account and my current phone, OnePlus 2 was purchased Dec 2015. Couldn't believe it, nearly 5 years same phone :)

Thank you for this comment! I was on the fence and had the phone sitting in my cart cause my OnePlus5 is working perfectly but the student discount and the free gifts tipped me over the edge. Looks like my dad is getting a phone upgrade to OnePlus5 :D

Ordered on Wed evening and arrived Friday morning, with the free shipping option.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Any thoughts on the camera on the Nord? Seeing mixed reports online and weighing up this vs Pixel 4a. Camera would be important for me. Particularly quick pics of the kids etc so motion blur would have to be minimal.

10.5.7 update this morning (3rd update in 2 weeks since getting the phone). More camera improvements and improved power consumption , to name a few.

Really like the way I can turn the phone off and the alarms will still go off. It's a feature from an old Huawei phone that I missed on previous phones!

Also, had the phone plugged in last night and it stopped at 80%, then said it will continue the charge overnight and it will be done before my alarm went off this morning (gave an exact time). Must be a Oneplus thing. Wish I gave them a try sooner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

breeno wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the camera on the Nord? Seeing mixed reports online and weighing up this vs Pixel 4a. Camera would be important for me. Particularly quick pics of the kids etc so motion blur would have to be minimal.

Main cameras seem good, selfie camera seems a bit darker compared to the op5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Would the Nord be good to replace a cracked s10e?

Wife made bits of her one and it's beyond repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭b.gud

CptMackey wrote: »
    Would the Nord be good to replace a cracked s10e?

Wife made bits of her one and it's beyond repair.

Here's a comparison of the spec sheets of the 2 phones. I don't know anything about the Samsung so it's hard to make a comparison but looking at the figures they seem fairly similar with the Nord ahead in a few areas and the Samsung ahead in some others.

A few things that would stand out as the main differences is that the Nord has a bigger battery and bigger screen. The biggest difference would probably be the OS. Oneplus has a very lightweight OS compared to Samsung so if your wife is very used to Samsungs she may find it a big change

I would definitely say that in terms of performance and specs there shouldn't be any issue going with the Nord. The main things would be would your wife be OK with a bigger phone and the more slimmed down OS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

b.gud wrote: »
    Here's a comparison of the spec sheets of the 2 phones. I don't know anything about the Samsung so it's hard to make a comparison but looking at the figures they seem fairly similar with the Nord ahead in a few areas and the Samsung ahead in some others.

A few things that would stand out as the main differences is that the Nord has a bigger battery and bigger screen. The biggest difference would probably be the OS. Oneplus has a very lightweight OS compared to Samsung so if your wife is very used to Samsungs she may find it a big change

I would definitely say that in terms of performance and specs there shouldn't be any issue going with the Nord. The main things would be would your wife be OK with a bigger phone and the more slimmed down OS

Ya size of the phone isn't a major issue. Once it's android she would be able to work it.

Seems to be well specd for the price

Anybody want a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case RRP £10 for €10 before I arrange a return to Amazon? :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083G84HMW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had it on for a day, I'm actually using the phone without a cover now and much prefer it. The Spigen is back in the original plastic sleeve & box.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

09:36 Tuesday: Just ordered it as well, how did you log into you account to see how old the other one was?
    Thanks

13:25 Wed: plugged in charging! free shipping and the two gifts

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

09:36 Tuesday: Just ordered it as well, how did you log into you account to see how old the other one was?
    Thanks

Just go into your profile under my orders and it will show when you purchased

Anyone experiencing connection issues with their Nord? I see two scenarios

1) In Chrome, search something and all you get back is a blank screen. If you refresh the screen it works

2) playing games and the game warns that the connect dropped.

Searching on community it seems to be a wide enough issue. No one knows though if it's software or hardware

rounders wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing connection issues with their Nord? I see two scenarios

1) In Chrome, search something and all you get back is a blank screen. If you refresh the screen it works

2) playing games and the game warns that the connect dropped.

Searching on community it seems to be a wide enough issue. No one knows though if it's software or hardware

Haven't had issues myself, could this be a network issue? Is it the same result when using mobile data vs WiFi?

Haven't had issues myself, could this be a network issue? Is it the same result when using mobile data vs WiFi?

Same issue on both data and wifi unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

rounders wrote:

I'm having this issue on and off too

rounders wrote: »
    Same issue on both data and wifi unfortunately

Got similar this morning (even when typing this message out had to close screen and go back in), keystrokes showing in keyboard but nothing typing.

Happened in Chrome/ WhatsApp / IG. Sometimes swiping to go back doesn't work too. Minimise the app and go back into it, works straight away. Apps are up to date and gave the phone a quick reset. Strange.

• Advertisement

Got similar this morning (even when typing this message out had to close screen and go back in), keystrokes showing in keyboard but nothing typing.

Happened in Chrome/ WhatsApp / IG. Sometimes swiping to go back doesn't work too. Minimise the app and go back into it, works straight away. Apps are up to date and gave the phone a quick reset. Strange.

I noticed strange activity as well last night where if you are on the search results in chrome and then select the tabs button to view all the tabs open, the logo showing for the search results tab was the Rip Curl Website logo cause I visited that site two weeks ago :confused:

I cleared the cache and storage and it fixed it but it's all just acting a bit funky

Advertisement