Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I am with VM Phone broadband Tv and multiroom paying about €110 pm. Made the call ,on hold for about 40 mins. Told them about to move to sky. Got 9 months half price. I was prepared to move to Sky because their current black Friday offer is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

acer911 wrote: »
    So they won’t even offer you the new customer deal?

The locality discount is useless if it is less than the new customer price

They won't give me the 360 box / router and a loyalty discount. It would be an 'upgrade' and as such I wouldn't be eligible for a loyalty discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Rang this afternoon. Waited 40 mins to be answered. Was on a 9 month deal for €47 for BB and phone and then €62 for 3 months.

Got a really nice guy who admitted he usually offers the €5 off deal first but because it was Friday he'd cut straight to it and gave me the same deal again!

Happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Rang this afternoon. Waited 40 mins to be answered. Was on a 9 month deal for €47 for BB and phone and then €62 for 3 months.

Got a really nice guy who admitted he usually offers the €5 off deal first but because it was Friday he'd cut straight to it and gave me the same deal again!

Happy with that :)

Feck sake.. Got the 6 months deal after waiting 35 minutes, young one in Limerick, couldn't get her to budge any further :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Feck sake.. Got the 6 months deal after waiting 35 minutes, young one in Limerick, couldn't get her to budge any further :(:(

I always ring on a Friday afternoon. People are much more generous with their offers then as the weekend is looming!

• Advertisement

I always ring on a Friday afternoon. People are much more generous with their offers then as the weekend is looming!

Just re read your post you got 15 off for 9 months.
    I got half price for 6 months, I don't feel as bad now, it's a brilliant service I've never had a bother with it I'm with them since 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ladybird37

Hi Guys,
    Just looking for a bit of advice on what way to play this. I was offered 9 months half price for BB and TV but rejected as I wanted to move to eir broadband only. Engineer for Eir came today and cannot find the cable for the phone line, therefore it cannot be installed. I've still 2 weeks to go until I'm cut off from Virgin. Is it possible to call and tell them I want to avail of the 9 months half price offer even though I started the cancellation process? This would be for both tv and BB which I now only really need BB but as a remaining customer it works out cheaper to have both at the 9 month half price deal than to sign up for just BB @ €60, do you think I would get them to agree to the new customer offer of just BB @ €46 pm? Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ladybird37 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Just looking for a bit of advice on what way to play this. I was offered 9 months half price for BB and TV but rejected as I wanted to move to eir broadband only. Engineer for Eir came today and cannot find the cable for the phone line, therefore it cannot be installed. I've still 2 weeks to go until I'm cut off from Virgin. Is it possible to call and tell them I want to avail of the 9 months half price offer even though I started the cancellation process? This would be for both tv and BB which I now only really need BB but as a remaining customer it works out cheaper to have both at the 9 month half price deal than to sign up for just BB @ €60, do you think I would get them to agree to the new customer offer of just BB @ €46 pm? Thanks in advance.

You won’t get a new customer deal from them, and yes the 9 month half price should still be available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

3rd time on phone today.
    I really wanted the 9months half price for 250mb bb only.
    Eventually got it

billbond4 wrote: »
    3rd time on phone today.
    I really wanted the 9months half price for 250mb bb only.
    Eventually got it

Well done, the 40 minutes waiting time is a once only job for me I just can't hack it lately. I'm happy with my 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is there a direct number to ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Anyone have to cancel to get it?

I got no offers other than what's on the website. Usual horse trading and bluffing will now commence.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

Ladybird37 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

This happened to me too. I wonder if we live in the same apartment building. Really frustrating. VM are my only option because of it, not that I let them know that every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Got 6 months half price yesterday afternoon but no confirmation email yer, does it take a day to issue?

Got 6 months half price yesterday afternoon but no confirmation email yer, does it take a day to issue?

I didn't get mine until the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Is there a loyalty number to call anymore?

Rang up there and only got offered €15 off for 9 months. It sounded like a Yank I was talking to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Third call today and got the 9 months half price. Thanks for the pep talks boards, I'd have given up a long time ago without this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Third call today and got the 9 months half price. Thanks for the pep talks boards, I'd have given up a long time ago without this thread.

Enjoy!

I'm currently on hold to cancellations to try and get the €5 mobile offer for 6 months. Minimum 60 minute wait time on the line! :eek:

Customer support across all the networks is gone to ****e since the onset of working from home.

Enjoy!

I'm currently on hold to cancellations to try and get the €5 mobile offer for 6 months. Minimum 60 minute wait time on the line! :eek:

Customer support across all the networks is gone to ****e since the onset of working from home.

I'll see you that and raise it to 1 hour 20 mins on the phone to Littlewoods, an 01 number too so it swallowed up all my minutes, it's absolutely disgraceful. I see someone from eir on the griddle this morning, not that it'll make a damn bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

OnLooker wrote: »
    Is there a loyalty number to call anymore?

Rang up there and only got offered €15 off for 9 months. It sounded like a Yank I was talking to

Rang back up again and was offered 6 months half price. Didn't take it yet. Think I will call again tomorrow and ask for 9 months half price

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'm currently waiting on 1 hour 38 minutes. The longest wait I've ever had.

I got disconnected exactly two hours of waiting. Disgraceful, really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I got disconnected exactly two hours of waiting. Disgraceful, really.

I got disconnected after 40 minutes.........
    They're gone like Eircom..........

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

I got disconnected after 40 minutes.........
    They're gone like Eircom..........

Got the confirmation mail for the 6 months 1/2 price. Used chat to confirm, it was instantaneous.

Got the confirmation mail for the 6 months 1/2 price. Used chat to confirm, it was instantaneous.

I was on to chat but was redirected to 1908. Chat is handy for general queries, but they'll often redirect you to 1908 at the slightest hint of any hassle, this is even stated at the beginning of all online chats.
    Please note, our online teams are unable to make changes to your Direct Debit or arrange cancellation of services. For Direct Debits, head over to www.virginmedia.ie/myvirginmedia and for cancellation queries, please call 1908.

What I find incredibly frustrating is that chat representatives refuse to arrange callbacks. This is what I got when I requested one. I don't really understand.
    Apologies for you have reach messaging we only have limited resources and unable to call or set callbacks. Hope you understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'm a virgin broadband customer,

Is the TV app down for anyone else? They say they are aware of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Enjoy!

I've been offered the mobile offer every time I call.
    I was told €5 per month for 6 months, then 25 after that.
    The 25 still seemed step enough to me, I've unlimited everything (but v limited signal for calls) with Gomo for tenner a month.

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I've been offered the mobile offer every time I call.
    I was told €5 per month for 6 months, then 25 after that.
    The 25 still seemed step enough to me, I've unlimited everything (but v limited signal for calls) with Gomo for tenner a month.

Are you an existing mobile phone customer and is that for your existing sim, or for taking out a new sim with them?

I eventually got through. It seems like they cleared their queue as I had been holding and the line hung up, when I rang back I got through straight away.

Anyway the representative offered me €15 for 6 months and €25 thereafter. When I pushed for the €5 for six months she straight up told me I was 'mistaken' in thinking existing customers were availing of the offer.

I've put in a complaint anyway regarding the ridiculous issues on the phone lines today. Over three hours of waiting and dropped calls on a number of occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The mobile offer is a monthly rolling contract. You can move any time to someone else. I just moved this week and plan on calling in 6 months to renegotiate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I was on the 5 mobile plan before I doubt they'll offer it to me again. So I haven't bothered. Maybe they would because they keep beginning it up when I ring.

Advertisement