Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

J C wrote: »
    ... all information is meaningful ... that why it is information!!!

Data is meaningless. Information is when you add HUMAN UNDERSTANDING to data.

...I think in fairness these subjects all impinge on the topic of Creationism.

...and I prefer to stand my ground as a man against these guys, than to run crying to the mods every time an Atheist says 'boo' to me.

As do I.

...in fact, it is always the Atheists who go 'running back to their mammies' to 'lick their wounds' and complain about ME!!! :eek::D

I do not believe yu can prove this assertion! Nor do I believe it is true. It may be true but if only a single non atheist complained about you it would make it false.

... eh ... em ... could you even begin by DEFINING 'evolution' for me ...

When a species changes into another species with which the prior species could not mate it has evolved.

That does not necessarily mean the prior species will become extinct.
    It could be that the new species suddenly encounters something which makes it extinct. so evolution does not necessarily mean "progress". But one can understand that a particular trait would enable those more adapted to a particular environment to survive in it. The trait manifesting at the macro end is encoded in DNA on the micro end.

Thank you for that . What a pity you didnt reference it in the original message when you quoted it.

Now what about my point on it:
    ...saying that unique species splitting in history is not part of science because they are unrepeatable. The explosion of the Heroshima Atomic bomb is unique and unrepeatable since the actual city as it existed at that time is unreplecatable. But that does NOT mean that Atomic Bombs are not repeataBLE NOR DOES IT MEAN that species splitting isn't just that!
    i.e. that it occurs but each specific one in history was unique!
    Islam, Atheism and Hinduism ALL have their own beliefs ... and tbese beliefs ARE (rightly) EQUALLY respected.

...the ONLY people that the pseudo liberals tolerate advocacy of (and actual) discrimination against, are Saved Christians, like myself.

No I think they include all fundamentalists and nutters. Anyone saying science must be wrong based on a quote from the Koran Gitas or Bible would probably fit into that category. the Church of the FSM we created to point out this problem of "equality".
    In the US it happens that the people shouting for "equal time in school classrooms" are Christian fundamentalists and not others. AS it happens what Christians believe is it is not just you tiny minority of Christians fundamentalists who are saved and all the other people have to go to Hell but there is really no point in telling you that since you are not open to reason and only take verbatum Bible quotes.
    Lu 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
    23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets

How about: "For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." (Leviticus 19:27)

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)

Do you follow all the above laws? If not how is it you follow some parts of the Bible and not others?

...this is what is known as a Catch 22!!!

...it reminds me of a bully I once knew at school ... his favourite trick was to give one of his books to a younger child and he would then blame the child for taking the book and beat him up ... the last person that he pulled that trick on was me ... and put it this way, he didn't do it again ... to me or anybody else!!!:D:):eek:

How does Joseph Heller's book or bullys at school relate in any way to Intelligent Design not being science?

Ever heard of "peer review" or the "falsifiability criterion"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

ISAW wrote: »
    ...although information always arises in a mind ... it is INDEPENDENT of human understanding ... your computer isn't a Human ... yet it uses INFORMATION in its programmes to perform various tasks!!!:)

... ditto with living systems.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by monosharp
    It (Intellignet Design) was laughed at by the Scientific community.

I don't think it was 'officially' ruled out because there was no submitted papers to the peer review process.

Then again, it is in no way science, it is religion.

Originally Posted by J C
    ...this is what is known as a Catch 22!!!

...it reminds me of a bully I once knew at school ... his favourite trick was to give one of his books to a younger child and he would then blame the child for taking the book and beat him up ... the last person that he pulled that trick on was me ... and put it this way, he didn't do it again ... to me or anybody else!!!

ISAW
    How does Joseph Heller's book or bullys at school relate in any way to Intelligent Design not being science?

Ever heard of "peer review" or the "falsifiability criterion"?

According to Monosharp, the Evolutionist establishment laugh at ID and would sack any scientist that they suspect of even thinking about ID, if they could ... but despite this, ID Proponents are somehow remiss in not submitting their papers for 'peer review' to these bullies ... and Monosharp then confirms that even if the ID Proponents did submit a paper for 'peer-review' it woud be promptly rejected... on the spurious basis that ID isn't science ... but religion!!!

... I'd say that the current treatment of ID Theistic Evolutionists by their Evolutionist colleagues is indeed a 'Catch 22' ... i.e. they are provided with absurd, no-win choices ... and regardless of choice, the same negative outcome is a certainty!!!:(

... of course Creation Scientists have long ago stopped beating their heads of this particular 'brick wall' ... and they have set up their OWN 'peer-review' system!!!

...and the fact that NOBODY on this thread, except myself, has condemned the advocacy of this discrimination means that EVERYBODY on this thread are morally guilty by association, with it.

Ironically, I find myself, a Creationist, defending Thesitic Evolutionists against discrimination from other evolutionists ... even though I utterly reject the Theology of BOTH parties!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

... and Monosharp then confirms that even if the ID Proponents did submit a paper for 'peer-review' by the Atheists/Evolutionists they would promptly use it for jax paper ... and sack anybody who dared to read or circulate it ... on the spurious basis that ID isn't science ... but religion!!!

Well what can I say JC, nonsense is nonsense. Of course if you fill a scientific paper with rubbish its not going to pass peer review. Thats what peer review is for, to weed out the nonsense and the rubbish.

Intelligent Design has been thrown out of a court room for been blatantly nonsensical and religious based, pretending to be scientific.

Irreducible Complexity has been shown to be nonsense by the scientific community.
    CSI has been shown to be nonsense by the scientific community.
    ... at least the bully at my school didn't have any pretensions of 'fair play' or 'integrety' ... he just was a 'yobbo' and he knew it!!!
    ... BTW he stopped physically expressing his feelings of inadequacy ... after I 'encountered' him!!!:D

Oh aren't you a mighty brave little fella! :eek::o;):rolleyes:
    ... I'd say that the current treatment of ID Theistic Evolutionists by their Evolutionist colleagues is indeed a 'Catch 22'

Oh please define what that is.
    ... i.e. they are provided with absurd, no-win choices ... and regardless of choice, the same negative outcome is a certainty!!!:(

Well if your trying to get belief based nonsense taught as science of course its a no-win situation.
    ... of course Creation Scientists have long ago stopped beating their heads of this particular 'brick wall' ... and they have set up their OWN 'peer-review' system!!!

Oh goody maybe my <nonsensical rubbish> hypothesis has a chance of publication!

Hey JC I'll make you a bet, If I (or any other evolutionist) can get a paper published by this system (i.e > Ken Hams secretary) will you give up creationism ?

Or is that bet too large ?

If its a real scientific peer review process then I shouldn't be able to get non-confirmed nonsense past the 'reviewers' should I ? Seems fair no ?
    ... you should all be ashamed of yourselves!

If your god is real hes gonna be pretty angry with all the lies you've been sprouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

...just have a look at this mutation generator and the effect it has on INFORMATION ... go on push the button even 10 times and see NOTHING but HARM being done to the information in the sentence!!!
    http://www.randommutation.com/
    ... and that is what Mutagenesis is doing to your genome ... and the only thing limiting the damage is the automatic damage repair systems in your cells ... that are themselves Intelligently Designed!!!:D:eek:

I inputted an actual genetic sequence and "mutated it" 10 times. Obviously some of the replacement letters weren't those in the genetic code. However, where the letter happened to be one which represents a particular set of bases e.g. Y represents either C or T, I chose randomly which to insert. Where the replaced letter could not indicate any base, I used that letter to substitute the original amino acid encoded for the one which the new letter represented. If the new letter did not represent anything at the DNA or protein level, I skipped that amino acid and treated it like a deletion mutation.

The result?
    A gene sequence that encoded a protein which could potentially differ in ten places:
    No change to amino acid sequence: 4/10
    No predicted change of function: 4/10. Amino acids changes were for those with the same chemistry i.e. conservative changes.
    Deletions 2/10: One of these deletions has been identified in normal people, thus indicating that this amino acid is not necessary for protein function. The second occurs in a region of the protein which is not well conserved throughout evolutionary lineages i.e. no selection pressure to maintain the sequence, therefore unlikely to be functionally important.

None of these changes hit any of the regions known, by empirical methods, to be necessary for protein function. If I had seen any of these in a patient with something wrong with them, I would be suspicious that any of these were pathogenic.

Not a perfect test but I had ten mins on my hands. And you've got to be kidding me if you can't read the sentence "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" after ten letter changes.

Edit: The random mutation generator for the English language sentence above obviously has a great deal more reserve characters to bring into play (using A-Z, both upper case and lower case, and 0-9). The genetic code can only change to three other options (not accounting for rearrangements/deletions/etc). And I ran it three times and noted that it wasn't exactly random - it seemed to preferentially replace letters which might be key to pattern recognition e.g. the "q" in "quick".

Edit #2: Not to mention that we are trying to discern the text in English (Sam gave a very good example of this in his demolition of apparent CSI). The random changes made may well make the text more readable for non-English speakers; thus the idea that the inofrmation is "degrading" is completely subjective. I can't believe I wasted even ten mins on a completely useless exercise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

This is completely non-technical but I think of infomation as the space that is occupied by data, a blank slate. An information unit is where data goes, it says nothing about the data itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

...just examples of pre-existing genetic diversity which was in the CSI infused at Creation!!!:)

How dishonest is this? You have essentially abandoned CSI several pages ago. Of course you would never admit that. However, you were confronted by a real paper that destroys the idea and you didn't even try to defend it. Now a few posts later, and you start spouting the same old CSI nonsense - shame on you. If you want to know why most people on this thread have nothing but contempt for your so called "logic" - this type of behaviour is why.

I can't remember who said (maybe Sam Vimes), but I think one of the best points made on this thread was this. If some version of the Christian God does exist (personally, I doubt it) then he will surely have a special place in hell reserved for the likes of J C and all those charlatans and liars who promote YEC as science.

...and the fact that NOBODY on this thread, except myself, has condemned the advocacy of this discrimination means that EVERYBODY on this thread are guilty by association, with it.

That is simply a scurrilous lie.

PS Why do mods allow J C to make accusations like this without censure?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

...and the Christians on this thread 'sit on their' hands ... and only come out occasionally to join the Atheists in having a 'pot shot' at me!!!

... you should all be ashamed of yourselves!!!

As the main proponent for YEC on Boards you might receive some flack (you also give it), I don't think it is far to accuse Christians of taking pot shots. As I see it, JC, the Christians here either don't much care for the creationism debate (there is more to life than the debate, right?) or don't believe the YEC has any credibility.

I dream of locking this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I dream of locking this thread!

*Dreams*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

...and the Christians on this thread 'sit on their' hands ... and only come out occasionally to join the Atheists in having a 'pot shot' at me!!!

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, the reason why it's you (with the odd bit of support from Wolfsbane and the occasional passer by) on one side and everyone else, Christian and atheist alike, on the other is that it is you who are wrong and not them?

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

...and the fact that NOBODY on this thread, except myself, has condemned the advocacy of this discrimination means that EVERYBODY on this thread are guilty by association, with it.

equivariant
    That is simply a scurrilous lie.

PS Why do mods allow J C to make accusations like this without censure?
    ....WHERE is the lie?

... last time I checked there was no law against the TRUTH!!!!
    ... and WHO has condemned the advocacy of discrimination against BOTH Creationists (myself) and Thesitic Evolutionists (Francis Collins) on this thread?

... and if you remain silent about it ... you ARE morally 'guilty by association' with it.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ...in fact, it is always the Atheists who go 'running back to their mammies' to 'lick their wounds' and complain about ME!!!

ISAW
    I do not believe yu can prove this assertion! Nor do I believe it is true. It may be true but if only a single non atheist complained about you it would make it false.
    ...I should have said that it is always the Atheists (and their 'fellow travellers') who go 'running back to their mammies' to 'lick their wounds' and complain about ME!!! :)

...happy now?

....WHERE is the lie?

...you are the one that should be censured for calling me a liar without any basis for your allegation!!!

... last time I checked there was no law against the TRUTH!!!!
    ... and WHO has condemned the continuous advocacy of discrimination against BOTH Creationists (myself) and Thesitic Evolutionists (Francis Collins) on this thread?

... and if you see somebody comitting an injustice and you remain silent about it ... you ARE morally 'guilty by association' with the injustice.

The lie was your claim that no one in this thread (other than you) has condemned discrimination in the workplace based on someones privately held religious beliefs. Several people have done so (perhaps without using the word condemn, but nevertheless, the meaning was clear).

You, on the other hand, have continued to make unsubstantiated allegations (of discrimination against creation "scientists"). It is typical of the creationist mindset to think it acceptable to make such allegations without presenting any evidence.

The discrimination that you refer to may or may not have taken place (I doubt that it is very prevalent), but unless you are willing to refer to specific verifiable evidence or cases of such discrimination that have been proven in court, you should keep your allegations to yourself.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ... eh ... em ... could you even begin by DEFINING 'evolution' for me ...
    .... and a definition that holds some potential to account for the astronomical CSI transition from 'Pondkind to Mankind' would be welcome ... to save your embarassment for Evolution ... and my embarassment for YOU!!!

monosharp
    The scientific definition has been given to you more times then I can count and you have done 1 of 2 things with it. Ignored it, claimed that's not the correct definition.

ISAW
    When a species changes into another species with which the prior species could not mate it has evolved.

That does not necessarily mean the prior species will become extinct.
    It could be that the new species suddenly encounters something which makes it extinct. so evolution does not necessarily mean "progress". But one can understand that a particular trait would enable those more adapted to a particular environment to survive in it. The trait manifesting at the macro end is encoded in DNA on the micro end.
    ...so Monosharp just 'hand waves' and profers no definition of Evolution, good, bad or indifferent...
    ...and ISAW talks about Natural Selection of the genetic diversity produced by EXISTING CSI ... without providing any mechanism / explanation for the existence of the CSI, in the first place!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

J.C, I see you still haven't reviewed that paper equivariant sent on that completely destroys Demski's CSI. You also haven't responded to Sam Vimes' destruction of your silly interpretation of CSI.

If you're so sure that CSI is a valid concept, you should easily be able to refute these arguments... so go ahead, we're all waiting with baited breath. Prove us all wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

liamw wrote: »
    J.C, I see you still haven't reviewed that paper equivariant sent on that completely destroys Demski's CSI. You also haven't responded to Sam Vimes' destruction of your silly interpretation of CSI.

If you're so sure that CSI is a valid concept, you should easily be able to refute these arguments... so go ahead, we're all waiting with baited breath. Prove us all wrong.

/Approves of all of this
    Make it bigger too, harder to ignore

...I should have said that it is always the Atheists (and their 'fellow travellers') who go 'running back to their mammies' to 'lick their wounds' and complain about ME!!! :)

...happy now?

Not really What are "fellow travellers" ?

Would they happen to be NON atheists who happen to agree with a rational argument and don't base all their belief on the verbatum words of the Bible? Would it be people who believe in Christian tradition? would it be people who existed in the foirst three centuries of Christianity when they didn't have any copy of the New Testament? People who went by oral tradition? Or is it only people who complain about you?

The lie was your claim that no one in this thread (other than you) has condemned discrimination in the workplace based on someones privately held religious beliefs. Several people have done so (perhaps without using the word condemn, but nevertheless, the meaning was clear)
    ...where has this condemnation been made by others on this thread?
    ... and where has the censure been applied to the Atheists for their advocacy of discrimination against ID Proponents and Creationists ?
    You, on the other hand, have continued to make unsubstantiated allegations (of discrimination against creation "scientists"). It is typical of the creationist mindset to think it acceptable to make such allegations without presenting any evidence.

The discrimination that you refer to may or may not have taken place (I doubt that it is very prevalent), but unless you are willing to refer to specific verifiable evidence or cases of such discrimination that have been proven in court, you should keep your allegations to yourself.
    ... could the discrimination meted out to the Jews in Nazi Germany be proven in a German Court during the 1930's?
    It couldn't for the simple reason that the Law allowed it - and the Courts were therefore prime enforcers of the discrimination ... rather than ... the prime protector from discrimination.

During the early 1930s the lives of the Jews weren't directly threatended. At the start they were merely excluded systematically from academia and the professions including science and they became the butt of Music Hall jokes and their livelihoods were generally 'messed-about' and they had to live an increasingly surreptitious existence.

They effectively became 'non-persons' hounded out of the public gaze with their rights and academic qualifications gradually stripped away.
    I know all about it, because my uncle served with the Allied Control Council after the war ... when some of the prime perpretators and the 'legal engineers' that facilitated these outrages were hunted down and brought to justice.
    My uncle always endorsed the truism that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance ... and for evil and injustice to prevail, all it takes is for good people to remain SILENT!!!
    ...and don't think for a moment, that what happened to the Jews couldn't happen again to some other minority in some other part of the World.
    We must always remember that Germany was a modern relatively wealthy high-tech country with a fully functioning legal system and a noble people with a broadly Christian culture.
    My uncle told me a story about the trial of a Nazi prisoner who had been a judge. The Nazi judge said that he was only enforcing the law in his court and he claimed that he was personally revolted by the photos he had been shown of the Concentration Camps by the War Crimes Court. He said that he knew nothing about the terrible conditions in the Camps ... and he then turned and asked in disbelief "HOW could all this have happened?" ... and the War Crimes Officer hearing the case, told him that it happened the first time that he condemned a person that he knew to be innocent in his court !!!

Everybodys rights should therefore be respected and vindicated ... because if you tolerate discrimination or injustice against others ... it does have a nasty habit of turning up at your own door!!!

Some of my best friends are Evolutionists and indeed I also know and respect a number of Atheists. I find them all to be very nice people and I would be the first to come to their defence if they were threatened with discrimination ... and I have done so on this thread in the case of Prof Francis Collins and Dr Richard Sternberg ... who are both Evolutionists ... not because I agree with their worldview, because I don't ... but because the advocacy of discrimiation based on a man's faith (or lack therof) should NEVER be tolerated.

The positon that some Creationists find themselves today has parallels with the treatment of the Jews throughout history.
    Creationist teachers are summarily sacked for even mentioning ID ... and ID proponents are excluded from jobs, while Materialistic Evolution is compulsorly taught to Creationist children ... because it's the law.
    The calls for me to identify myself and my scientific qualifications on this thread ... by guys openly advocating gross job discrimination against Creationists and the rescinding of their University degrees are very sinister indeed!!!
    Some people, on this thread have engaged in open endorsement of job discrimination and open support for the sacking of Creationists from jobs within Academia. No censure followed such outbursts and indeed nobody condemned them. The only reaction was to censure me, when I spoke the truth and condemned such advocacy of discrimination.

Creationists have become the new 'non-persons' of the 21st Century, apparently stripped of all rights to equality for themselves and their children ... and few people seem to care.

ISAW talks about Natural Selection of the genetic diversity produced by EXISTING CSI ... without providing any mechanism / explanation for the existence of the CSI, in the first place!!!!!

You asked for a definition of "evolution". I supplied you with one. why should i be embarrassed by the definition I gave?

Furthermore where did i state that god had nothing to do with creation? i only pointed out that fundamentalist claims like the Earth being of the order of 10,000 or even 100,000 years old is not in keeping with science and that MOST CHRISTIANS i.e. 95 per cent plus agree with this!

Just like most Muslims do not support Al Khyda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

"...while Atheistic Evolution is compulsorly taught to Creationist children ... because it's the law."
    No, because it is science, something creationist lore clearly is not. Your unfounded yet unlimited ignorance of evolution and science is staggering. All of your nonsense has been refuted time and time again, but you stick your fingers in your ears, refuse to learn anything and now play act at being persecuted.
    Boo-hoo JC, boo-hoo.

Quote:
    Lu 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
    23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets

How about: "For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." (Leviticus 19:27)

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)

Do you follow all the above laws? If not how is it you follow some parts of the Bible and not others?
    ...as a Saved Christian, the Laws of Leviticus don't apply to me.

They were given to the Jewish People and I understand that Orthodox Jews still live by them.

... but the verses that I quoted from Luke 6 are unfortunately STILL very true ... and apply to all Saved Christians.

I love you all ... and please forgive me when I tell you things that ye may not want to hear ... but that ye do need to hear!!:)

You asked for a definition of "evolution". I supplied you with one. why should i be embarrassed by the definition I gave?

Furthermore where did i state that god had nothing to do with creation? i only pointed out that fundamentalist claims like the Earth being of the order of 10,000 or even 100,000 years old is not in keeping with science and that MOST CHRISTIANS i.e. 95 per cent plus agree with this!

Just like most Muslims do not support Al Khyda.
    ...I would hope that on mature reflection you would see the error of comparing Creation Scientists with a Terrorist Organisation?

...there are some excellent Muslim Creation Scientists BTW.

... and you were complaining yesterday about the faith position of Sir Isaac Newton and my acceptance that he was a Creation Scientist despite the fact that he was an Arian and possibly even a Deist.
    ... my answer is that Creation Science isn't a sectarian activity ... and we welcome Creation Scientists based on their abilities and academic excellence ... and we DON'T advocate discrimination on the basis of Religious Belief!!!:eek:

My uncle always endorsed the truism that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance ... and for evil and injustice to prevail, all it takes is for good people to remain SILENT!!!

truisms culled from an american and a French political theorist I believe . one was a christian and the other an atheist I also think. i could be wrong it is just my opinion.
    ...and don't think for a moment, that what happened to the Jews couldn't happen again to some other minority in some other part of the World.

Well look at Palestine. Ironically a region controlled by zionist jews.
    Or East Timor or Iraq or Sudan ... all have traits of similar mindsets.
    We must always remember that Germany was a modern relatively wealthy high-tech country with a fully functioning legal system and a noble people with a broadly Christian culture.

Yes indeed VERY wealthy, cutting edge technology and the Catholics far and away didn't vote for Hitler but the fundamentalist Protestants and others did!

Look at the maps here if you don't believe me:
    http://the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blogspot.com/2007/07/catholics-and-nazi-vote-1932.html

The legal system want not a Republic however in the sense of a democracy REGULATED BY LAW. Otherwise the Nurnberg Laws would not have come to pass.

Everybodys rights should therefore be respected and vindicated ... because if you tolerate discrimination or injustice against others ... it does have a nasty habit of turning up at your own door!!!

Yet apparently you believe those not accepting your way (the way of the verbatum Bible) will burn in Hell? How is that so different to the Nazi idea that Jews should burn anyway?

Some of my best friends are Evolutionists and indeed I also know and respect a number of Atheists.

Do you believe that according to the Bible they will burn in Hell?
    The positon that some Creationists find themselves today has parallels with the treatment of the Jews throughout history.

Nonsense! You just can NOT compare someone saying a fundamentalist Christian, Jew, Atheist Muslim or whatever as completely batty and irrational with some NAZI who says "my way is right and because we are the chosen people we can wipe out other lesser people"

Creationists have become the new 'non-persons' of the 21st Century, apparently stripped of all rights to equality for themselves and their children ... and few people seem to care.

You have every right to preach whatever batty idea you have. You have no right to public funds or to an audience for such batty ideas. Nor can you claim any University endorses those ideas unless you set it up and pay for it from your own pocket. even then other academics will broadly reject the claims made by it.

...I would hope that on mature reflection you would see the error of comparing Creation Scientists with a Terrorist Organisation?

I would compare them in that they are boith fundamentalist . just as the background of the Oklahoma Bombing was of a fundamentalist christian militia background. He was a terrorist but was so based on the same foundations of the Fundy Christians of the neoconservative or Libertarian Republicans. the comparison is valid in that sense.

so called "Christian" terrorists are no more valid as Christians than "Islamic" ones are as Muslims. but in the Us they seem to think all terrorists are Islamic. In fact the world record for suicide boimbing is held by a SECULAR group with Hindu background if any.

i recon Far more death and destruction was done by atheistic regimes than by Islam Christian and other monotheistic regimes put together brutal and all as some of them were. Certainly far more then by Christianity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

...so Monosharp just 'hand waves' and profers no definition of Evolution, good, bad or indifferent...

It has been given to you a hundred times by a hundred different people time and time again and again.

From wikipedia.

In biology, evolution is a theory involving change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations. Evolution has therefore been described as "descent with modification". Although the changes produced in a single generation are normally small, the accumulation of these differences over time can cause substantial changes in a population, causing the emergence of new species.[1] Similarities among species suggest that all known species are descended from a common ancestor through this process of gradual divergence.[2]

Note* Someone has been editing the evolution article, not blatantly, but removing small parts here and there. I'm not sure if its just normal wiki editing or someone acting the mick but just in case, heres the link to the current version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement