Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

No I did not

Which you now admit

See previous quotes. You have not spoken the truth. You have LIED about the truth again (and got away with it apparently).Pathetic
    ...I have said what I'm going to say here:-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64505421&postcount=21099

monosharp wrote: »
    Well then I can only assume you didn't read it. Because I'm pretty sure you have shown you don't agree with some of it at least.
    ... I scanned it ... there are a few details that I would disagree with ... but the article is remarkably free from the usual 'flights of fancy' that Evolutionists normally confuse themselves with.
    ...it's remarkably like an account of Evolution that a young Creation Science Student, that I know, wrote recently ... progress at last ... and on Wiki no less ... and being proudly quoted by an Evolutionist!!!!:eek::D

wrote:
    Although the changes produced in a single generation are normally small, the accumulation of these differences over time can cause substantial changes in a population, causing the emergence of new species.

monosharp
    Not 'kinds', emergence of new species.
    ... no problem with speciation (within Kinds) ... which is what was described!!!

You have no problem with a common ancestor for all life ? (Please for the love of <insert favourite superhero/deity> listen, this does not mean abiogenesis (the beginning of life) it simply means that once life began, it diverged into all known species.)
    ...I would just modify the conclusion as follows:-
    "Similarities among species (within Kinds) suggest that all known species are descended from a common ancestor (of their Kind) through this process of gradual (and/or rapid) divergence."

If you want to believe that a deity created one form of life and that life evolved over time into all the species we have now then thats compatible with evolution.
    ... let me put it this way ... all Kinds, except Mankind, were DESIGNED to Evolve and to rapidly Speciate!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

J C wrote: »
    ... let me put it this way ... all Kinds, except Mankind, were DESIGNED to Evolve and to rapidly Speciate!!! :)

Now this is a major concessions guys and girls. Its just down to all but one species now? Did not expect that.

So animals do evolve and speciate? What were the last 1000 posts about? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

iUseVi wrote: »
    Now this is a major concessions guys and girls. Its just down to all but one species now? Did not expect that.

So animals do evolve and speciate? What were the last 1000 posts about? :confused:

Nah, he's said this before. Animals evolve within "kinds", which are a little bit like genuses and a little bit like species, but with a fluid enough definition that it can be changed for every new piece of evidence found.

Ironically, all the "proofs" of evolution that J C wants - such as a dog giving birth to a cat or something - would instantly disprove it, and go to show how little he knows what he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Repeating a lie doesn't make it any better

• Advertisement

Repeating a lie doesn't make it any better
    .... Touché!!!:eek:

... and here are the mechanisms courtesy of extracts from the article linked at the bottom of this quote - I don't agree with everything in it ... but most of it makes a lot of sense :-

Preposterous Nonsense
    Confirmed evolutionist Derek Hough, highly respected author of “Evolution – A case of stating the obvious”, is one of an increasing number of scientists who now regard Charles Darwin’s theory that the staggering variety of life on earth was accidentally created by blind Natural Selection acting on tiny variations or random mutations in reproducing cells as utterly "preposterous" (his word). :D

The Self Developing Genome
    The intellectually honest Hough therefore postulates the necessary existence of a "self developing genome" -- a complex controlling mechanism in cells that somehow orchestrates and regulates the DNA copying process in order to prevent "errors" and the creation of “unfit” forms that would then have to be weeded out by a process of natural selection. The genome, Hough predicts, is "likely to consist of a complex multi-hierarchal process which will astound us with its ingenuity".

Again, he is trying to explain why the fossil record does not demonstrate the accidental existence of zillions of "unfit" organisms, the discovery of which Darwin said would be essential to the truth of his theory and that he predicted would very soon be found. (Editor's note: As of 3.45pm today they have still not been found!):D

Meaningful Mutations
    If Hough is correct, then it becomes clear that “mutations”, the sudden unexpected changes in organisms, which result in the famous four-leafed clover, for example, or Mendel’s smooth and wrinkly peas, are not due to accidental “DNA copying errors” as cells divide and multiply, as has long been accepted, but are purposefully generated by an astonishing meta mechanism – the “Self Developing Genome” -- which can actually respond to the needs and pressures of the organism's environment.

But where does Derek think the first magical self developing genome came from? Since it must be far too complex to have possibly evolved on earth, he suggests that it must have arrived on a comet from a distant galaxy, or one of the infinite number of parallel universes envisioned by cosmologists! (Editor's note: Please do not laugh, folks. This is serious Evolutionist science):D

Gene Switching
    Astonishingly, however, the "Economist" article reports that just such an orchestrating, or "gene switching", mechanism has now been discovered in dogs -- and can explain how one ancient pair of dogs could have made possible all the breeds we now have. (Editor's note: Ancient Jewish tradition has it that Noah called them "Rover" and "Lassie".):D

The Technical Accuracy of Genesis
    If God did indeed engineer such mechanisms into all "kinds" of organisms, as he clearly did, then evolutionists now have even more massive complexity to explain the origins of.

Meanwhile the new discovery serves to confirm the scientific accuracy of the Genesis account -- namely that all the organisms we now know are simply breeding variations of the set of "kinds" of organisms that God originally created -- which is why dogs will continue to be dogs, and roses continue to be roses, no matter how exotic they become, and why endless breeding of fruit flies has produced only more fruit flies.

Micro and Macro Evolution
    In summary, although variation within "kinds", sometimes called "micro-evolution", is a fact of life and has generated new varieties over the centuries, as Darwin observed and as is evidenced by every seed catalog and book on cattle breeding – "macro-evolution", the creation of new "kinds" of organisms has never taken place, and is simply wishful thinking on the part of those not willing to accept the simple truth of the Genesis account.

Extinct Forms and Fossils
    Extinct and exotic organisms, not discussed above but evidenced in the fossil record, were always complete and fully functioning forms, not “unfit” rejects.

Some of those extinct organisms, such as the woolly mammoth and the saber-toothed tiger, for example, were evidently variants on still-extant forms and lived in the pre-Flood world that lasted from Adam to Noah.

Embarrassing Admissions
    As a result of the shameful connivance of the mass media, the BBC in particular, and the peddling of evolutionary myth in every biology text book and encyclopedia, encouraged by the scientific ignorance and intellectual capitulation of too many religious leaders, evolutionists have understandably but erroneously assumed that the battle against the Bible and divine creation has finally been well and truly won.

As a result, they have now began to crawl out of the trenches and foxholes, so to speak, to make an astonishing and embarrassing admission -- namely that the theory of evolution is unproven, simplistic nonsense.

Derek Hough's book is a prime example, and should be required reading for every Christian person. Also recommended are: "Evolution: a Theory in Crisis", by Michael Denton, and "The Great Evolution Mystery", by Gordon Rattray Taylor.

ADDENDUM -- Mendel would turn in his grave . . .
    A recent article of the above title in the British "New Scientist" magazine (27 May 2006, page 16 ) says: "Another direct challenge has been posed to one of the cornerstones of biology, Mendel's laws of inheritance" -- which state that the characteristics of a particular offspring are dictated by dna, by the combination of dominant and recessive genes in the two parents.

However, in direct violation of Mendel's laws, researchers at a university in Nice, in France, have now discovered in breeding experiments involving mice with brown tails and spotted tails that even after several generations, puppy mice may be born with spotted tails when neither parent possesses the relevant genes. The researchers suggest that in addition to DNA, the action of which is govnerned by Mendel's laws, molecules of RNA may also be transferred in the reproductive process and be instrumental in passing on genetic information not present in the DNA in the genes, a kind of back-door delivery. How it does this is not known, but the team leader stated that "such oddities are likely to be just the tip of the iceberg".

Meanwhile, the lay observer could be forgiven for assuming from the confident assertions of evolutionists of the likes of Richard Dawkins, who declare non-believers in the gospel of Darwin to be literally insane, that "Evolution" already has all the answers -- even claiming DNA to be the source of mind, personality, consciousness, emotion and instict. The simple fact is that, despite their wild speculations, science does not even understand the function of most of the DNA found in cells, casually dismissing it as so much genetic waste of "junk".

... and you can read all about it here:-
    http://www.creationfoundation.co.uk/Evolution/e4.html

.... Touché!!!:eek:

Get a dictionary.

Get a dictionary.
    ...Touché!!!:):D

Nah, he's said this before. Animals evolve within "kinds", which are a little bit like genuses and a little bit like species, but with a fluid enough definition that it can be changed for every new piece of evidence found.

Ironically, all the "proofs" of evolution that J C wants - such as a dog giving birth to a cat or something - would instantly disprove it, and go to show how little he knows what he's talking about.
    ...so, unlike Evolution it's falsifiable ... and therefore genuinely part of Science!!!:)

• Advertisement

...so, unlike Evolution it's falsifiable ... and therefore genuinely part of Science!!!:)

Can you read entire sentences? I was talking about evolution. That is an example of something that would falsify the theory of evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Can you read entire sentences? I was talking about evolution. That is an example of something that would falsify the theory of evolution.

There is no point in trying to get reasonable or logical points from him - he doesn't do that. Obvious non sequiturs and fallacies present no obstacle to such a muddled brain.

I just object to his more blatant and obvious lies such as alleging that everyone else on this thread is somehow guilty (at least by association, or something) of fascist discrimination against the poor defenseless creation 'scientists'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

... I scanned it ...

Hence my point, you didn't read it.
    ... no problem with speciation (within Kinds) ... which is what was described!!!

- There is no such thing as kinds.
    - The article says nothing about kinds.

It talks about speciation full stop. Speciation from the first form of life to all the life we have today.
    ...I would just modify the conclusion as follows:-
    "Similarities among species (within Kinds) suggest that all known species are descended from a common ancestor (of their Kind) through this process of gradual (and/or rapid) divergence."

There is no scientific evidence whatsoever to support your revision, so its nonsense.
    ... let me put it this way ... all Kinds, except Mankind, were DESIGNED to Evolve and to rapidly Speciate!!!

The scientific evidence shows your wrong.

I just object to his more blatant and obvious lies such as alleging that everyone else on this thread is somehow guilty (at least by association, or something) of fascist discrimination against the poor defenseless creation 'scientists'.
    ... the truth will set you (and me) free!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Again, he is trying to explain why the fossil record does not demonstrate the accidental existence of zillions of "unfit" organisms, the discovery of which Darwin said would be essential to the truth of his theory and that he predicted would very soon be found. (Editor's note: As of 3.45pm today they have still not been found!)

Got to here, felt confident to dismiss the read as nonsense also.

There is no point in trying to get reasonable or logical points from him - he doesn't do that. Obvious non sequiturs and fallacies present no obstacle to such a muddled brain.

Oh, don't worry, I know - I've been in this thread for a while. These days I generally just post when I need to vent because, let's face it, it's pretty easy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Again, he is trying to explain why the fossil record does not demonstrate the accidental existence of zillions of "unfit" organisms, the discovery of which Darwin said would be essential to the truth of his theory and that he predicted would very soon be found. (Editor's note: As of 3.45pm today they have still not been found!):D

Any organism that dies childless is by definition an unfit organism.

And unless you are trying to suggest that every single fossil has produced children, the fossil is full of unfit organisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

J C wrote:
    Again, he is trying to explain why the fossil record does not demonstrate the accidental existence of zillions of "unfit" organisms, the discovery of which Darwin said would be essential to the truth of his theory and that he predicted would very soon be found. (Editor's note: As of 3.45pm today they have still not been found!)

Really, these guys might tend to disagree.

dinolarge.jpg

In regard to the issue raised by Galvasean in the last post, I have the following quotes from another Evolutionist ...
    ... because you don't seem to be prepared to believe me - perhaps you will believe him, on the insurmountable problems that the evidence from the 'fossil record' presents in relation to the idea of 'gradual evolution over time' ... so beloved by Darwin and modern Darwinists ...
    ... and the fact that the 'gradual ascent of mount improbable' ... has turned out to be the impossible task of climbing the 'cliff faces of mount impossible'!!!:eek::D

This time I am quoting from Prof David M Raup who is a Paleontologist and Paleobiologist at the University of Chicago.
    Prof Raup began his academic career at Colby College in Maine before transferring two years later to the University of Chicago where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree. From there, he went to Harvard for graduate studies where he majored in geology while focussing on paleontology and biology; he earned his MA and PhD degrees there. He has received the Charles Schuchert Award in 1973 and the Paleontological Society Medal in 1997

"Darwin’s theory of natural selection has always been closely linked to evidence from fossils, and probably most people assume that fossils provide a very important part of the general argument that is made in favour of darwinian interpretations of the history of life. Unfortunately, this is not strictly true. We must distinguish between the fact of evolution -- defined as change in organisms over time -- and the explanation of the change. Darwin's contribution, through his theory of natural selection , was to suggest how the evolutionary change took place. The evidence we find in the geologic record is not nearly as compatible with darwinain natural selection as we would like it to be. Darwin was completely aware of this. He was embarrassed by the fossil record because it didn't look the way he predicted it would and, as a result, he devoted a long section of his Origin of Species to an attempt to explain and rationalize the differences. There were several problems, but the principal one was that the geologic record did not then and still does not yield a finely graduated chain of slow and progressive evolution. In other words, there are not enough intermediates. There are very few cases where one can find a gradual transition from one species to another and very few cases where one can look at a part of the fossil record and actually see that organisms were improving in the sense of becoming better adapted. ... Instead of finding the gradual unfolding of life, what geologists of Darwin's time, and geologists of the present day actually find is a highly uneven or jerky record; that is, species appear in the sequence very suddenly, show little or no change during their existence in the record, then abruptly go out of the record. And it is not always clear, in fact it's rarely clear, that the descendants were actually better adapted than their predecessors. In other words, biological improvement is hard to find." Conflicts between Darwin and Paleontology Field Museum of Natural History Bulletin January 1979 p. 22-3

...it is quite clear that the evidence shows that the 'fossil record' ... is a record of the catastrophic burial of organisms drowned by Noah's Flood ... and their 'sudden appearance' in the record is due to their 'sudden drowning' ... and their lack 'of change during their existence in the record' ... is due to the fact that they are all members of the one species that were all drowned at roughly the same time!!!!:d
    ... Prof Raup has confirmed that the 'fossil record' is inconsistent with the idea that it is a record of the 'evolution of life over time'!!!:D

"This record of change pretty clearly demonstrates that evolution has occurred if we define evolution simply as change; but it does not tell us how this change took place, and that's really the question. If we allow that natural selection works, as we almost have to do, the fossil record doesn't tell us whether it was responsible for 90 percent of the change we see, or 9 percent, or .9 percent." Conflicts between Darwin and paleontology Field Museum of Natural History Bulletin January 1979 p. 26
    ... and it also doesn't tell us anything about how any of the CSI that was present in the fossilised organisms, when they were alive came about either!!!!

Prof Raup is indeed correct when he says that "We must distinguish between the fact of evolution -- defined as change in organisms over time -- and the explanation of the change". Organisms do indeeed change (often very rapidly) over time ... due to the inter-action of their pre-existing genetic diversity in their Created CSI and environmental/artificial selection. The big question is where the mega-bit CSI that allows them to do so, came from in the first place. Creation Science has proven that the scale of the CSI is such that it could only have an intelligent origin ... and the Evolutionists are floundering about, handwaving and unable to come up with any reasonable explanation!!!!
    One can only hope that these FACTS are also pointed out to the four year olds who are soon to be on the receiving end of the 'Theory That Makes Atheists Feel Intellectually Fulfilled - and Causes Creation Scientists to Laugh'!!!:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

...in other words the evidence is clearly indicating that the 'fossil record' ... is a record of the catastrophic burial of organisms drowned by Noah's Flood ... and it actually is completely inconsistent with any ideas that it is a record of the 'evolution of life over time'!!!:D

JC, as a non-scientific person, you might not understand the following priniciple, despite it being repeated to you a million times and despite it being patently self-obvious:

If you disprove a particular theory, it says nothing, absolutely nothing, about the truth of an alternative theory (forgive me for using the word "theory" when discussing creation lies). Not that I think any of your quotes "disprove" evolution.
    ... and it also doesn't tell us anything about how any of the CSI that was present in the fossilised organisms, when they were alive came about!!!!

You will be the only person who finds this lack of data strange.
    Organisms do indeeed change (often very rapidly) over time ... due to the inter-action of their pre-existing genetic diversity in their Created CSI and environmental/artificial selection. The big question is where the mega-bit CSI that allows them to do so, came from in the first place.

JC, when will you realise that when you talk about the role of "CSI" in evolution, you may as well be talking about the role of jam in evolution. It's bobbins, a nonsense and non-scientific concept that has absolutely no credibility.
    Creation Science has proven that the scale of the CSI is such that it could only have an intelligent origin ...

On reflection, you have to doubt the intelligence of a group of people who, when choosing nonsense to refute evolutionary theory, couldn't even think of something clever enough to confuse scientists.

• Advertisement

doctoremma wrote: »
    JC, as a non-scientific person, you might not understand the following priniciple, despite it being repeated to you a million times and despite it being patently self-obvious:

If you disprove a particular theory, it says nothing, absolutely nothing, about the truth of an alternative theory (forgive me for using the word "theory" when discussing creation lies). Not that I think any of your quotes "disprove" evolution.

You will be the only person who finds this lack of data strange.

JC, when will you realise that when you talk about the role of "CSI" in evolution, you may as well be talking about the role of jam in evolution. It's bobbins, a nonsense and non-scientific concept that has absolutely no credibility.

On reflection, you have to doubt the intelligence of a group of people who, when choosing nonsense to refute evolutionary theory, couldn't even think of something clever enough to confuse scientists.
    ...Emma honey bunch ... stop insulting and generally badmouthing 'the messenger' ... and try to come to terms with 'the message' ... that 'Evolution from Pondkind to Mankind' didn't occur and cannot (logically or physically) occur ... not even in a billon years!!!!:D:)

Prof Raup is ALSO telling you that there is something radically wrong with the Theory of Gradual Evolution' AKA the 'Theory That Makes Atheists Feel Intellectually Fulfilled - and Causes Creation Scientists to Laugh' .. and he is an Evolutionist himself ... so WHY will you not believe him ... even if you don't believe me???!!!:D:eek:

...could it be that it is your Atheistic FAITH that is holding you back from accepting the OBVIOUS ... that feathers don't grow into hens and Pondkind doesn't morph into Mankind' ... not even in a zillion years!!!:D

you certianly don't seem to be prepared to believe me ... so perhaps you will believe him

I don't think anyone here believes that you would quote a scientist honestly, and it is good to see that you kept this trend of deceit up with Raup.

You are, if nothing, consistent JC.

For those interested, who after so many out of context and inaccurate quoting still give JC the benefit of the doubt, these links explain how Creationists have been misquoting Raup's 1979 address for years

http://commondescent.net/articles/Raup_quote.htm
    http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/feedback/jun01.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Thanks Wicknight, can't say I am surprised JC would attempt something like this, must be cold being so naked.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

...Emma honey bunch ... stop insulting and generally badmouthing 'the messenger' ... and try to come to terms with 'the message'

When the messenger begins to talk sense, I might do that. And I don't mean "sense" as "what I want you to say", I mean "sense" as "reasoned, logical debate with understanding of the scientific method and how it pertains to the theory I am trying to assert".
    ... that 'Evolution from Pondkind to Mankind' didn't occur and cannot (logically or physically) occur ... not even in a billon years!!!!:D:)

What about 3.5 billion? Your highlighted parts are entirely unsubstantiated.
    Prof Raup is ALSO telling you that there is something radically wrong with the Theory of Gradual Evolution'

He can tell me what he wants, although you appear to have misrepresented him somewhat. I will read his comments and make my own judgement as to how that stacks up against other people's findings, thoughts and evidences. I do not accept an argument from authority blindly.
    so WHY will you not believe him ... even if you don't believe me???!!!:D:eek:

If he said what you are saying he said, it's possible that I don't agree with him. That's not a matter for belief.
    that feathers don't grow into hens

Oh groan, FFS, can you just try to behave like a grown up?

Thanks Wicknight, can't say I am surprised JC would attempt something like this, must be cold being so naked.:rolleyes:

JC has been misquoting scientists on thread for years.

He will no doubt claim that it is what he said, but of course context is everything.

For example

Wicknight said: "My wife is such a dumb woman, she believes everything I say, like when I told her "I love you darling"

quoted simply as as

Wicknight said: I love you darling

has quite a different meaning. Claiming that I'm just quoting what he said is dishonest.

Of course given that JC seems to just copy and paste this stuff from Creationist sites it is hard to know if he himself knows how deceitful he is being.

Wicknight wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here believes that you would quote a scientist honestly, and it is good to see that you kept this trend of deceit up with Raup.

You are, if nothing, consistent JC.

For those interested, who after so many out of context and inaccurate quoting still give JC the benefit of the doubt, these links explain how Creationists have been misquoting Raup's 1979 address for years

http://commondescent.net/articles/Raup_quote.htm
    http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/feedback/jun01.html
    ...says Wicknight with his eyes wide shut ... and his fingers stuck firmly in his ears ... just in case he might find out that the 'Theory That Makes Atheists Feel Intellectually Fulfilled - and Causes Creation Scientists to Laugh' ... is the greatest load of baloney ever invented !!!!:eek::D

...please address the ACTUAL quote ... and my conclusions in relation to the quote ... and even more importantly the evidence from the 'fossil record' upon which BOTH the quote and my conclusions are based.!!!:D

JC has been misquoting scientists on thread for years.

He will no doubt claim that it is what he said, but of course context is everything.

For example

Wicknight said: "My wife is such a dumb woman, she believes everything I say, like when I told her "I love you darling"

quoted simply as as

Wicknight said: I love you darling

has quite a different meaning. Claiming that I'm just quoting what he said is dishonest.

Of course given that JC seems to just copy and paste this stuff from Creationist sites it is hard to know if he himself knows how deceitful he is being.
    ...lets put a stop to this 'quote mining' allegation right now.

Evolutionists often make these allegations when a quote is from a fellow evolutionist and it undermines the validity of evolution ... and they are completlely unable to provide a counter argument!!!!

The obvious retort to somebody doing as you have said above, is to simply point out that the quote ALSO says "My wife is such a dumb woman, she believes everything I say" which indicates that the statement of affection is actually a lie ...
    ...indeed if a poster had said that the statement "I love you darling" was an obvious lie by its author ... the quote "I love you darling", even being used on it's own, in this context, wouldn't be 'quote mined' in the first place!

Unlike the example quote you gave, scientists generally don't lie when they are talking about scientific issues of concern to them ... so it is usually safe enough to take their quotes at face value ... without the need to quote the entire book within which the quote has been written!!!

Could I also gently point out that I always quote entire sentences and indeed often entire paragraphs with no abridgement. Your example, above involved the selective abridgement of a sentence ... which could indeed change the entire meaning of what the original author had to say.

I would ask the mods to please sanction anybody who continues to make baseless allegations of 'quote mining' against me ... as this is effectively the same thing as calling me a liar (which they have also done) ... and civilised debate cannot proceed with such unfounded 'unparliamentary language' being used.:(:(
    ...and it is a double scandal that this should be happening on the Christianity Forum.

BTW, I'm not complaining about the robust nature of the exchanges ... in fairnesss, I give as good as I get on that one ... but people making baseless allegations about my good name ... or anybody elses, should be warned and then sanctioned!!!!

Anybody making these allegations should be asked to 'stand them up' ... or retract them and apologise!!!!
    ...and BTW a difference of opinion isn't lying either!!!!

It is not sufficient to say that a quote is 'quote mined' without showing why it is quote mined ... indeed it is just 'handwaving' if you don't show WHY it is 'quote mined' ... in the context of the comments made in the post!!!

So an allegation of 'quote mining' must always be backed up with reasons why it is 'quote mined' ... and especially in the context of the claims made about the quote by the poster...and if you cannot 'back it up' ... you shouldn't make it in the first place!!!

...please address the ACTUAL quote ... and my conclusions in relation to the quote

Fine. Your conclusions in relation to the quote are completely wrong and show a complete lack of understanding of what Raup was actually saying.

...lets put a stop to this right now.

The obvious retort to somebody doing as you have said above, is to simply point out that the quote ALSO says "My wife is such a dumb woman, she believes everything I say" which indicates that your statement of affection is actually a lie.

It is not sufficient to say that the quote is 'quote mined' without showing why it is quote mined
    ... for example the quote that ""I love you darling" would be a valid quote when taken from the following sentence "I am married to the same beautiful woman for the past 20 years and yesterday, I told her "I love you darling"!!!

Well the issue with that is that I, and countless other posters, have already done that with a huge number of your posts and yet you continue to do this.

So one has to wonder what the point is?

If I continuously point out your quote mining and you continuously do it what is the point of continuing to point this out to you? Everyone else already knows you quote mine, no one takes your quoting seriously

No one here expects you to stop misleading people, and you don't care that you are quote mining, so pointing this out to you for ever would seem rather pointless.

• Advertisement

Fine. Your conclusions in relation to the quote are completely wrong and show a complete lack of understanding of what Raup was actually saying.
    ...more 'handwaving' ... all mouth ... and no trousers!!!!:eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement