Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall (2008/2009)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭YogiBoy

quirkster wrote: »
    ...awaiting confirmation email tho

believe it or not, the confirmation emails for payments made to Trinity thru payandshop.com do not work! You would think that TCD would get on their backs, but no. Keep your reference number when you pay... there shouldnt be any problem however.

Maybe if there is some JCR rep, or a Mizz Yelof around, someone could bring to the attention of the accommodation office/warden all of this messing... just for the benefit of future generations. Someone is not doing their work very well!

Jimdw wrote: »
    I'm just thinking shall I pay. A What does it say in the letter?
    Same things as on the website... if you don't pay up soon, you will make someone on the waiting list very happy.

Jimdw wrote: »
    Will I get away with it? Is that allowed?
    Not allowed. However you especially want to make sure that it is not in the least disruptive for fellow Trin Hallers! That is the biggest risk. I read here or somewhere on Boards of a guy that slept on a couch in a common room in a Hall (not in Trin Hall) each night from Oct to May, before being ousted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

Xymetz wrote: »
    Where is the house 84 located in Trinity Hall? I got the apartment 01, on what flour would that be?
    Is there a map of Trinity Hall that shows where's what?

go left

it's wholmeal afaik

I think it's on the ground floor. If it is make sure you don't leave your window open unattended, more than one laptop is stolen this way every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

ive paid my deposit...but i dont know what room i got?just before i paid was given my room number and apartment number. anyone know how i can view these again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 housey

hi everyone...just got my accomodation letter!
    Name: emma
    Course/year: 1st year, history and german
    Hobbies/Interests: lots...ermm shopping, watching movies/tv, cooking (badly!), netball, music...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

housey wrote: »
    hi everyone...just got my accomodation letter!
    Name: emma
    Course/year: 1st year, history and german
    House/Room: 85.09.03 (anyone else got that?!?)
    Hobbies/Interests: lots...ermm shopping, watching movies/tv, cooking (badly!), netball, music...
    I dont think posting your address on the internet is a good idea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 housey

hmm maybe you are right! :) dealt with that now!
    thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

housey wrote: »
    hmm maybe you are right! :) dealt with that now!
    thanks x

You're not the only one to have done so, I did it with my rooms this year too. I'm a still relatively unworried about a stalker coming to find me.

i paid the deposit and got my room number etc!nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I had my room number set as my location for a year.
    Never once had a mad stalker show up (that I remember).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

ive paid my deposit...but i dont know what room i got?just before i paid was given my room number and apartment number. anyone know how i can view these again?

you will get a letter with info on Trinity Halls, at the bottom somewhere it will say your room number.

its a 6 digit number ( eg 87.06.03) where the 86 is your house number , the "06" is your apartment numebr and the "03" your bedroom number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

YogiBoy wrote: »
    believe it or not, the confirmation emails for payments made to Trinity thru payandshop.com do not work! You would think that TCD would get on their backs, but no. Keep your reference number when you pay... there shouldnt be any problem however.

Maybe if there is some JCR rep, or a Mizz Yelof around, someone could bring to the attention of the accommodation office/warden all of this messing... just for the benefit of future generations. Someone is not doing their work very well!

hmmm odd. i will indeed give anny marie a shout out in the accommodation office to inform her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Xymetz

go left

it's wholmeal afaik

I think it's on the ground floor. If it is make sure you don't leave your window open unattended, more than one laptop is stolen this way every year.

Which house on the picture is 84?

Also on which orientation I should go?
    6.15pm Residents of Houses 79-84. Venue Sports Hall
    or
    7.30pm Residents of Houses 84-91 (excluding 86). Venue Sports Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

You're not the only one to have done so, I did it with my rooms this year too. I'm a still relatively unworried about a stalker coming to find me.

I'm on my way

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Xymetz wrote: »
    Which house on the picture is 84?

Also on which orientation I should go?
    6.15pm Residents of Houses 79-84. Venue Sports Hall
    or
    7.30pm Residents of Houses 84-91 (excluding 86). Venue Sports Hall

Neither, pure waste of time. Why are you even thinking about this so far in advance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 choran

Can anybody tell me if House Block 80 is Cunningham House or the Modern Apartments please?

i hope not. i got 88.....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sisu

choran wrote:
    Can anybody tell me if House Block 80 is Cunningham House or the Modern Apartments please?
    80 is modern. Cunningham is officially 79, I think.

If you think right, thank you so much! If you think wrong........I won't be very happy, will I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I wouldn't be too worried about Stalkers, they're not very assertive.

It's those rapists and axe wielders that I dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I finally got to pay, don't know what the problem was.

I'm in House 81.

choran wrote: »
    If you think right, thank you so much! If you think wrong........I won't be very happy, will I?
    Yeah, he's right. House 79 is Cunnigham only. The Modern Apartments are 80-91.

CoolCiaran wrote: »
    House 79 is Cunnigham only. The Modern Apartments are 80-91.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 35 billykwok

help! what on earth are u suppose to write for your supporting statement?! it says "Please indicate how you believe your application meets the advertised criteria for room allocation" - anyone know where i can find the "advertised criteria"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shmoo

Are you absolutely sure that house no 82 is modern?
    I applied for Cunningham because modern is too expensive but now I've been allocated house 82. I really need to know for sure if this is modern or cunningham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭CaramelBear

Hah, they finally said "the letters have been posted, you should get them tomorrow." Well, those who were anxious about the formal offer not being in your hands yet, you now know you will have it tomorrow.

The woman didn't even let me finish my sentence >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hah, they finally said "the letters have been posted, you should get them tomorrow." Well, those who were anxious about the formal offer not being in your hands yet, you now know you will have it tomorrow.

The woman didn't even let me finish my sentence >.>

Isn't tomorrow Saturday?

Not that I mean to anyway imply that you or the lady in the accomodation office missed the fact, but for most people it will probably be monday.

• Advertisement

Shmoo wrote: »
    Are you absolutely sure that house no 82 is modern?
    I applied for Cunningham because modern is too expensive but now I've been allocated house 82. I really need to know for sure if this is modern or cunningham.
    House 82 is 100% the Modern Accommodation.

You may have got a twin room in the Modern Accommodation, meaning the price is actually less than Cunningham.

Advertisement