Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

I traded chainlink to get a piece of ETH (or BTC don't remember now which blockchain lies within), and others big crypto to get another part of BTC. Result: my wallet has increased, slightly but increased.
    My opinion (correct me if I'm wrong): having two biggest crypto in the wallet (BTC and ETH) and "bet" on 2-3 promising project which is Ada Cardano in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jafin

yer man! wrote: »
    I did the same thing, except I'm too cheap to pay for excel and use Google Sheets instead

Well if I'm being completely honest I too am too cheap to pay for Excel and used the OpenOffice version, called Calc, since it's free. Just felt it was handier to say an excel spreadsheet. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

I bought a-lot of ETH a while back , up 2x now, took out the initial investment. Im still very bullish on ETH in general but decided to reduce my risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

My portfolio is all Alts atm, no BTC/ETH. I had some but switched them out when the Alts when BTC dipped and Alts were pumping.

What's my best strategy now, keep in the Alts or rotate them into the big two? I put money in every month when I get paid so just add those positions then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Bob24 wrote: »
    Raul Pal from RealVision did a model of Ethereum a couple of months ago whereby he explained that both the growth of active addresses and the price action were a very close match for Bitcoin in the previous cycle.

Of course like all models it can break, but the past few weeks have given him credence.

Tweeter thread here with some charts (click on the link for the whole thread, boards don't preview the whole thing): https://twitter.com/RaoulGMI/status/1347013567799848961?s=20

So you’re saying $20k next year?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

weemcd wrote: »
    My portfolio is all Alts atm, no BTC/ETH. I had some but switched them out when the Alts when BTC dipped and Alts were pumping.

What's my best strategy now, keep in the Alts or rotate them into the big two? I put money in every month when I get paid so just add those positions then?

My own opinion is that bitcoin is going through that stage where Ethereum was in March when it was stuck between 1400 to 2000 before take off.

Back then Ethereum had a lot of fud. BnB going to take over it, gas fees too high (a valid criticism but never impacted it's price before) and that its performance in the cycle was disappointing.

However if you looked at the on chain data, there was large accumulation happening with the big players, eth was being bought in large chunks and taken off the exchanges.

This is exactly what's happening with bitcoin now. Huge players either whales or institutions are buying large amounts of bitcoin and putting them into cold wallets resulting in less bitcoin available to trade and there is fud that Ethereum will flip bitcoin and that it consumes too much energy with mining.

So I think Bitcoin is due a next leg up and smart money would be investing into that now instead of when it's going parabolic

Unearthly wrote: »
    My own opinion is that bitcoin is going through that stage where Ethereum was in March when it was stuck between 1400 to 2000 before take off.

Back then Ethereum had a lot of fud. BnB going to take over it, gas fees too high (a valid criticism but never impacted it's price before) and that its performance in the cycle was disappointing.

However if you looked at the on chain data, there was large accumulation happening with the big players, eth was being bought in large chunks and taken off the exchanges.

This is exactly what's happening with bitcoin now. Huge players either whales or institutions are buying large amounts of bitcoin and putting them into cold wallets resulting in less bitcoin available to trade and there is fud that Ethereum will flip bitcoin and that it consumes too much energy with mining.

So I think Bitcoin is due a next leg up and smart money would be investing into that now instead of when it's going parabolic

That's an interesting read, thanks for taking the time to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Doodee wrote: »
    So you’re saying $20k next year?
    :)

Well he’s saying 20k by the end of this year is a high probability.

Of course we are all taking calculated risks here and nothing is ever for sure. But I pretty much agree with him that the risk adjusted return seems pretty attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

6 wrote: »
    7 days to go from 3k to 4k.

I used to think 5k was laughable... Now it's around the corner

Curious about why?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sparkletooth

I don't use Celsius specifically but have my crypto in similar defi projects. I always get paid out in the native tokens to get the extra APY and then convert once a month or so to crypto, when the conversion is favourable for me.
    Currently getting 8% on my BTC and XRP and just over 20% for ETH and USDC

Just to be clear. Celsius is a centralised business with one foot in Cefi and the other in Defi. They have offices around the world.

The business model is community based with 80% of profits given back to cel token hodlers.

As they are centralised, they have to do everything above board including applying for loan licenses in each country/state. This is good and bad but thinking long-term, it's very good for Celsius' survival and mass adoption.

They're pretty much stealing BlockFi's customers away at the moment as the BF business model is broken. Relying on greyscale for their yield payouts was not very smart.

Their growth is very organic which may not be exciting but look at projections for price at end of bull market ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Carnage out there...

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Carnage out there...

Rollercoaster of a day. My PF was up nicely for the first half of today, and I just had a look there for the first time since that high....what in fúcks bastardin name of jaysus!?:eek:

Haha, crypto, ya gotta love it. Guess it's time to go stacking.

We ain't seen nothing yet. Still very early. Those gas fees though...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Everything is ****ting the bed and kraken has gone down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Its so strange, all the news and stats of couns movong off the exchanges shows the selling pressure should be easing yet the market plummets today.

I'd love to know whos doing it

Its so strange, all the news and stats of coins moving off the exchanges shows the selling pressure should be easing yet the market plummets today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Rollercoaster of a day. My PF was up nicely for the first half of today, and I just had a look there for the first time since that high....what in fúcks bastardin name of jaysus!?:eek:

Haha, crypto, ya gotta love it. Guess it's time to go stacking.
    We ain't seen nothing yet. Still very early. Those gas fees though...
    Everything is ****ting the bed and kraken has gone down :pac:
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is blockfolio down for anyone else?

Edit: it's back up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Just to be clear. Celsius is a centralised business with one foot in Cefi and the other in Defi. They have offices around the world.

The business model is community based with 80% of profits given back to cel token hodlers.

As they are centralised, they have to do everything above board including applying for loan licenses in each country/state. This is good and bad but thinking long-term, it's very good for Celsius' survival and mass adoption.

They're pretty much stealing BlockFi's customers away at the moment as the BF business model is broken. Relying on greyscale for their yield payouts was not very smart.

Their growth is very organic which may not be exciting but look at projections for price at end of bull market ;)
    https://cointelegraph.com/news/grayscale-s-parent-firm-dcg-to-expand-gbtc-buy-limit-by-500m

This seems strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Never underestimate the size of the whales!

• Advertisement

What seems strange?

BlockFi isn't mentioned in that article. I'm not saying greyscale have a bad business model. I'm calling out BlockFi's business model

seannash wrote: »
    Its so strange, all the news and stats of couns movong off the exchanges shows the selling pressure should be easing yet the market plummets today.

Obviously you're wondering about specifics, but the power of whales is on show tonight it seems.

Take VET as an example, it crashed but is since rebounding.

A whale could have 1) Sold a bunch and plummeted the price, and then 2) Bought back in at the lower price accumulating a whole lot more VET in the process, sending the price back up.

Never mind the power of whales, it's the ease at which a person can make even more money when they already have a bunch of it. It happens in the big bad centralised world, it happens even easier here in the decentralised one. It'll happen in whatever comes after crypto.

Who's complaining? Buy the dip ����

If you're over leveraged, stop gambling and just HODL

Don't get shook out of your hands. If you hit a stop, buy something from your shopping list or even back in on the same token once the price has settled down.

Who's complaining? Buy the dip ����

If you're over leveraged, stop gambling and just HODL

We've had many dips in the past few weeks, where are you guys getting all this dip buying money 😊

Im oddly satisfied to see it didnt dip below my buy in price from the previous dip last weekend

I've been here before guys in 2018. Just HODL, if I had have back then and continued buying into 2019 I'd be...after-timing in the crypto thread. Anyway...

hold.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

Ugghhh, January 2018 flash backs..................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ConseyMan wrote: »
    Ugghhh, January 2018 flash backs..................

That's called PTCD, Post Traumatic Crypto Disorder!

Go take a look at Bob Loukas' latest crypto video to get some confidence back. It's all good, lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I've been here before guys in 2018. Just HODL, if I had have back then and continued buying into 2019 I'd be...after-timing in the crypto thread. Anyway...

hold.gif

This is a lesson in Hodling and not setting stop losses!

Advertisement