Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Locker10a wrote: »
    Anyone any insight into TUIs planned schedule for the later half of the year, looking at booking a holiday for September, they’ve plenty of options on sale from Dublin but not sure what exactly their outlook is for operations? Anyone in the industry know when they plan their return to Dublin?

No mention of DUB unfortunately but they seem to be making plans elsewhere with increasing use of 787s on short-haul routes for the summer. Subject to change etc etc.

https://simpleflying.com/tui-uk-widebody-summer-seats/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Has Ryanairs route to Kiev been pulled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Has Ryanairs route to Kiev been pulled?

Restarts in May now but like with most of their routes and frequencies these restart dates could continue to get pushed back as restrictions continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

I read the receivership details in Irish Aviation news, also google throws up a link

I checked BHD to the 6daily destinations , all removed as of yesterday,

also all Dub to EDI/GLA removed

Messy receivership as only 8 aircraft owned and the owner is Probus !
    Virgin are involved too, big money for the lawyers , solicitors, no money for staff.

I would be interested to know if the staffs shareholding will help the staff

Good
    Luck to staff,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Tenger wrote: »
    Don't have a link but only EIR routes showing on Dublin departures over the last year are Donegal and Kerry.

So it's not a new announcement.

They certainly have been flying to Glasgow and Edinburgh from Dublin since flights resumed last year - that’s not correct.

There’s no departures from Belfast City either today or tomorrow, but there’s a flight showing to Manchester on Thursday morning on FR24 and it is for sale on the Aer Lingus website.

They’ve not been operating on the non-PSO routes every day, that’s certainly true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

I missed this earlier on,

Turkish Airlines to Fly Dublin-Antalya Direct
    Turkish Airlines is planning to operate a new route from Dublin to Antalya. The flight will operate three times a week – on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday.

Flight times are: depart Dublin at 16.25hrs to arrive in Antalya at 23.10hrs, Return timings are: depart Antalya at 12.25 hrs and arrive Dublin at 15.25 hrs.

The scheduled service will operate from 20 June until 12 October 2021 using Boeing 737-800s, in a two-class configuration of Business and Economy.
    Around 360 euro roundtrip by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

IQO wrote: »
    I missed this earlier on,

Turkish Airlines to Fly Dublin-Antalya Direct

Around 360 euro roundtrip by the looks of it.

Not cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Not cheap

Really? What would be a reasonable price? I say this as someone who remembers those £200 DUB-LHR return fares in the 1980s. In purchasing-power terms and for the distance involved, that fare for AYT looks decent to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Really? What would be a reasonable price? I say this as someone who remembers those £200 DUB-LHR return fares in the 1980s. In purchasing-power terms and for the distance involved, that fare for AYT looks decent to me.

I get fares are cheaper now but they charge about 220 to Istanbul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Not cheap

You'd save it in two or three nights prices compared to a ripoff Irish staycation in the misery rain, it is obvious that Turkey are hoping to attract a host of Irish tourists this year considering that Europe is so volatile and no one wants to keep going back to the Costas etc. The Turks are no fools that for sure. I'd prefer to pay the €360 to Turkish than suffer Ryanair and the thrashy clientele they attract, if its a Turkish widebody all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I get fares are cheaper now but they charge about 220 to Istanbul

Istanbul is feeding their connecting network. Antalya is not.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

theguzman wrote: »
    You'd save it in two or three nights prices compared to a ripoff Irish staycation in the misery rain, it is obvious that Turkey are hoping to attract a host of Irish tourists this year considering that Europe is so volatile and no one wants to keep going back to the Costas etc. The Turks are no fools that for sure. I'd prefer to pay the €360 to Turkish than suffer Ryanair and the thrashy clientele they attract, if its a Turkish widebody all the better.

It's a 737 but Turkish's 737s feel like a completely different aircraft to Ryanair with the better seats and IFE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

VG31 wrote: »
    It's a 737 but Turkish's 737s feel like a completely different aircraft to Ryanair with the better seats and IFE.

I had a spin on their A330 from DUB last month and the 787 from IST to GRU both very good aircraft and well appointed in economy. Istanbul new airport is worth the trek alone to marvel at this Cathedral of modern engineering, the biggest and most modern Airport I have been to, my top 3 with DXB and SIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

A319er wrote: »
    I read the receivership details in Irish Aviation news, also google throws up a link

I checked BHD to the 6daily destinations , all removed as of yesterday,

also all Dub to EDI/GLA removed

Messy receivership as only 8 aircraft owned and the owner is Probus !
    Virgin are involved too, big money for the lawyers , solicitors, no money for staff.

I would be interested to know if the staffs shareholding will help the staff

Good
    Luck to staff,

Any link to this story, I can't find anything on Google. Thanks.

robbie1876 wrote: »
    Any link to this story, I can't find anything on Google. Thanks.

The poster admitted subsequently that the article was from last year, and that EI Regional is operating normally. I think those posts were removed.

They just don't operate every non-PSO route every day currently. Most activity is around the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

LXFlyer wrote: »
    The poster admitted subsequently that the article was from last year, and that EI Regional is operating normally. I think those posts were removed.

They just don't operate every non-PSO route every day currently. Most activity is around the weekends.

Ah, ok. Many thanks for the clarification!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cardiff resuming 3w in August on Stobart for EI. Exeter also, don't think it was mentioned there

Exeter definitely is operated by a Belfast based plane and I'd suspect Cardiff is too

L1011 wrote: »
    Cardiff resuming 3w in August on Stobart for EI. Exeter also, don't think it was mentioned there

Exeter definitely is operated by a Belfast based plane and I'd suspect Cardiff is too

Very simple to check - just try a dummy booking and look at the times.

Cardiff is a Dublin based aircraft:

Dublin 13:55
    Cardiff 15:10

Cardiff 15:40
    Dublin 16:55

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Given that Dublin Aerospace are now going to be running the former Flybe maintenance operation at Exeter,and offering services to ATR operators, the W routing from Belfast to Exeter and Dublin is perfect for swapping aircraft that are going in or back from maintenance, to either base, there could be days when 4 sectors are all operated by different aircraft. Way better than flying non revenue positioning sectors.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I notice that Aer Lingus use an Airbus 320 on their Dublin to Nantes route but they use an ATR 72 on their Rennes route.

Any reason for this?

• Advertisement

I notice that Aer Lingus use an Airbus 320 on their Dublin to Nantes route but they use an ATR 72 on their Rennes route.

Any reason for this?

Purely a facet of history I suspect. Rennes was launched by Aer Lingus Regional originally and has continued to be their operation.

Nantes is an Aer Lingus mainline destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Nothing stopping EI running a A320 if demand warranted it.

EI mainline will step in on 6 Nations weekends to put in a A320 (or even A330) on UK routes.

Rennes is historically regional route as pointed out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Purely a facet of history I suspect. Rennes was launched by Aer Lingus Regional originally and has continued to be their operation.

Nantes is an Aer Lingus mainline destination.

I think it may even have been an Aer Arann route back in the day? I think RE also did La Rochelle!? So it’s probably carried over from that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Yep, but I think it was Cork - La Rochelle was one of the launch routes for Aer Lingus Regional having been moved over from Aer Arann’s existing network.

Lorient was in there as well but I think that remained with Aer Arann under their own flying programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Yep, but I think it was Cork - La Rochelle was one of the launch routes for Aer Lingus Regional having been moved over from Aer Arann’s existing network.

Lorient was in there as well but I think that remained with Aer Arann under their own flying programme.

RE flew from Cork to La Rochelle, Lorient, Nantes and Brest (all together in 2008). La Rochelle survived under EI Regional for summer 2010 before Rennes was launched in 2011 from Cork/Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

I’ve flown DUB-RNS three times, first time on an A320 and subsequently on ATR-72s, so it has varied over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

Anyone has any idea when the LOT Polish flights between WAW and DUB will resume?

https://www.lot.com/pl/en/flights-to-dublin

The route was only started in August last year, but I don't think it's operating currently.

---
    EDIT
    ---

I could have researched this myself, it looks like restarting on July 18th: https://www.lot.com/bg/en/flights-schedule?fullPage=true&ticketType=RETURN&departureAirport=WAW&destinationAirport=DUB&additional-header-departureDate=Departure&additional-header-returnDate=Return&num-days=5&_direct=on&departureDate=19.07.2021&returnDate=06.08.2021

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

EIs slow return to more normal schedules is leading to some specific days having insane fares and/or very poor service.

On a Friday a few weeks from now, their morning AMS flight is 330 for economy (no Aerspace being offered). KLM at that time were ~60, and a mid morning one was 71 - and this is with KL economy having free snacks and drinks including booze.

EI have two services, KL have four - obviously serving each connection bank, but still - EI are clearly getting demand for their services, be it their own customers or their remaining interliners over AMS, or else it wouldn't be €330! The evening flight was more sanely priced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Further to this, on 23/08 from LIS-DUB the cheapest fare in economy will cost you €425.99, but you can get yourself an AerSpace seat for €174.99 😂. Loads are busy on lots of routes with reduced capacity, although there is an increase in weekly services on most routes from mid-August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

Which dates are you finding the early ams for this price ! I have looked every Friday for the next month and it’s nowhere near that.

Advertisement