Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 j.quinn.esq

Got email from Revolut to say my Virtual Card would be replaced in 60 days, i have been using this to pay for Turkish Netflix, so fired up the Turkish Nord VPN, logged into Netflix to change payment to my Physical Revolute card, shocker!!! it was not accepted, so i tried my N26 card and it was accepted , panic averted, might be worth trying N26 if you are having problems signing up

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Rustyman101

Got email from Revolut to say my Virtual Card would be replaced in 60 days, i have been using this to pay for Turkish Netflix, so fired up the Turkish Nord VPN, logged into Netflix to change payment to my Physical Revolute card, shocker!!! it was not accepted, so i tried my N26 card and it was accepted , panic averted, might be worth trying N26 if you are having problems signing up
    where you asked for a Turkish phone number ? seems random i was asked for Turkish text confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

i tried my N26 card and it was accepted , panic averted, might be worth trying N26 if you are having problems signing up

Weird, N26 would only work for me in Ireland, no chance in Turkey with vpn working correctly. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Rustyman101

Weird, N26 would only work for me in Ireland, no chance in Turkey with vpn working correctly. :confused:
    mmm seems to be very random, I'll try again end of month, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesfmcg

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Has already been stated but paying by Revolut via curve no longer seems to be working, FYI. Tried and failed, with Curve, twice.
    Successfully changed my membership today after one month on an Irish plan as OP says to do.

-signed in as normal
    -acted as if I was renewing my Irish plan, continued until I got to the page where I can change/update my payment details
    -changed my payment details to my Revolut Virtual Card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Hola unblocker to change IP to Turkey, and when I did Netflix automatically reloaded and was offering me the Turkish plans
    -chose the Family plan and now have 4 screens for €4.75/month

Between this and Spotify Family, Boards has saved me a lot of cash.

This worked for me, although I used my Curve card, instead of a Revolut virtual card.
    I tried two Revolut virtual cards but Netflix wouldn’t accept them, so I tried Curve instead.
    I think my Revolut wasn’t accepted because of the currency being set to Sterling, at least that seemed to be the error anyway.
    The payment went through on my BOI card, which is my backup payment method on Curve, Revolut is the primary payment method.

I also used Windscribe VPN, not Hola, and I had to refresh the page after I’d updated my card details, the page didn’t refresh automatically for me.

The price for the 4 screens package was also €6.21.

There seems to have been a Netflix price increase in Turkey recently, which explains the jump to €6.21.
    Is Turkey still the cheapest for 4 screens at €6.21?

Delighted with this though, Netflix isn't worth €18 a month, and if I hadn't got this working, I would have just dropped it completely.
    Thanks everyone.

-signed in as normal
    -acted as if I was renewing my Irish plan, continued until I got to the page where I can change/update my payment details
    -changed my payment details to my Curve card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Windscribe VPN to change IP to Turkey, refreshed page.
    -chose the Family plan and now have 4 screens for €6.21/month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

jamesfmcg wrote: »
    This worked for me, although I used my Curve card, instead of a Revolut virtual card.
    I tried two Revolut virtual cards but Netflix wouldn’t accept them, so I tried Curve instead.
    I think my Revolut wasn’t accepted because of the currency being set to Sterling, at least that seemed to be the error anyway.
    The payment went through on my BOI card, which is my backup payment method on Curve, Revolut is the primary payment method.

I also used Windscribe VPN, not Hola, and I had to refresh the page after I’d updated my card details, the page didn’t refresh automatically for me.

The price for the 4 screens package was also €6.21.

There seems to have been a Netflix price increase in Turkey recently, which explains the jump to €6.21.
    Is Turkey still the cheapest for 4 screens at €6.21?

Delighted with this though, Netflix isn't worth €18 a month, and if I hadn't got this working, I would have just dropped it completely.
    Thanks everyone.

-signed in as normal
    -changed my payment details to my Curve card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Windscribe VPN to change IP to Turkey, refreshed page.
    -chose the Family plan and now have 4 screens for €6.21/month

No price increase, I paid 4.85 3 days ago

I can't post a link as I'm a new user, but this is an article quote. Taken from aroged.com, which was the top link when I searched "Netflix Turkey price increase". 55 Turkish Lira is €6.12, according to current currency conversion.
    With the increased prices, 17.99 TL Basic Plan namely single screen package 26.99 TLto 29.99 Standart Plan namely the two-screen plan 40.99 TLfrom 41.99 TL Special Plan so if the package with 4 screens and UHD 54.99 TLrose to.

Making a statement about the updated prices, Netflix conveys the issue as follows;

“To enrich our content and quality of our services we are updating our libraries in Turkey to further increase membership fees. With this change, we will continue to offer productions suitable for all ages and tastes with an entertainment experience that adds pleasure to our members’ lives. As of March 4, we have shaped our monthly fees as follows: Basic plan 26.99 TL, Standard plan 40.99 TL, Special plan 54.99 TL. As always, our members will be able to choose from these three plans that we offer the most suitable option for them. “

• Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

TheDriver wrote: »
    No price increase, I paid 4.85 3 days ago

“The new prices will be applied as of March 4” - https://www.dailysabah.com/business/tech/pandemic-tariff-netflix-hikes-prices-in-turkey-by-up-to-50

You likely got this months price before it kicked it. Expect it to possibly rise next month.

See attached image

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Signed up for the basic sub on Irish Netflix for a month. I let it expire. Then I used vpn and switched to turkey. I selected the top package and it worked. Was so straightforward. Thanks a lot guys.

Now, if only I could do it with Disney+. It seems impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

dave98 wrote: »
    Signed up for the basic sub on Irish Netflix for a month. I let it expire. Then I used vpn and switched to turkey. I selected the top package and it worked. Was so straightforward. Thanks a lot guys.

Now, if only I could do it with Disney+. It seems impossible

Same here, I've been trying all morning to get to Discovery India via aptoid, downloader, setting up other playstores and still can't get through. A night mare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Same here, I've been trying all morning to get to Discovery India via aptoid, downloader, setting up other playstores and still can't get through. A night mare.

Oh I’ve tried discovery India too. It keeps declining at the payments stage. There has to be a way

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

dave98 wrote: »
    Oh I’ve tried discovery India too. It keeps declining at the payments stage. There has to be a way
    Fann Linn wrote: »

Download Indian Discovery+ app from apk mirror. It will work. They have separate app for India.

Things to do,

1. Get an Indian subscription with a vpn. I used nord vpn. An year subscription costs under 5 euros
    2. Download the app from apk mirror and sideload to TV
    3. From the indian discovery+ site, go to "Link TV" and enter the code you get on the TV app

Enjoy...

Rainislove wrote: »
    Download Indian Discovery+ app from apk mirror. It will work. They have separate app for India.

Things to do,

1. Get an Indian subscription with a vpn. I used nord vpn. An year subscription costs under 5 euros
    3. From the indian discovery+ site, go to "Link TV" and enter the code you get on the TV app

Enjoy...
    For first step, did you just use a reg website with discovery plus on a VPN to out a payment through?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭newincity

Rainislove wrote: »

Things to do,

Enjoy...
      Is there a difference in content?
      Do we always need VPN for watching content?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭w4ntedman

For first step, did you just use a reg website with discovery plus on a VPN to out a payment through?

Cards virtual/plastic/Revolut/bank of Ireland wouldn't work for me but choosing to pay through Google play store went through fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Maz2016

w4ntedman wrote: »
    Cards virtual/plastic/Revolut/bank of Ireland wouldn't work for me but choosing to pay through Google play store went through fine.

Does it work on the normal discovery app then without a vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭w4ntedman

Maz2016 wrote: »

Need the VPN to watch on the phone anyway. Possibly could start whatever you want to watch then turn off the VPN if you were using a different device.
    The location check happens before the program plays I am on the phone now because I'm watching something else on TV and it seems to keep playing after VPN goes off but when I switch to a different app it won't play when I click back in (i am assuming it's because it checks location again)

Apply punctuation filter for beers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bromley52

Maz2016 wrote: »

No. Discovery+ is country specific . You need the Indian specific app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

just wondering why is nobody mentioning Argentina? is it not possible to use this method to subscribe to Argentina?

just wondering why is nobody mentioning Argentina? is it not possible to use this method to subscribe to Argentina?
    There's a new digital tax in arg so price is dearer than you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

There's a new digital tax in arg so price is dearer than you think.

Ah, well that makes sense then, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

After many attempts with various VPNs and cards I'll just detail what worked from me. Of course this is all bits and pieces from other posters previously which i am very grateful to:

1. Set up Curve (I linked my Revolut to Curve but I'm sure a regular bank credit card may work)
    2. Go through the Restart Membership (with no VPN) and go to add new credit card. Add the new card and click through to Next
    3. Now turn on your Hola VPN to Turkey and you will see membership prices change from EUR to TRY
    4. Submit and then Oila

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Agh FFS

After all the build up, I made a boo boo!

I cancelled last month, stopped working this morning.
    Logged in from Argentina instead of turkey as ARS was in my head from the You Tube Sub!!

Worked perfect, but obviously paying €10 instead of the lower Turkish amount, still an €8 saving on last month but :(

Anyway, question, has anyone swapped from Argentina to Turkey ok?
    I presume its the normal process, cancel Argentina and wait the month and then restart from Turkey?

Skuxx wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Im trying to do this for a friend. He has let his sub expire without changing payment method to Revoult.
    It's rejecting the card now when I try to resubscribe. Will we have to restart the irish sub and update the payment method before cancelling again or has anyone a work around?

Most likely needs to reactivate from Ireland with the new payment card. Allow one payment to go through and start the process of switching again.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭alanc2003

Did all the steps as described. Payment went through on my virtual revolut card last month for Irish sub. Account was cancelled yesterday and went to turkey today and now it wont let me restart saying an issue with the card. Set up curve card today and tried that as well. still no joy. Using surfshark VPN, also tried winscribe and neither worked.

Are the vouchers a good option?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

Hi guys, read the OP and still a bit lost.

I have a current Netflix subscription so I can just cancel now? But what is a VPN and how do I go about getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

alanc2003 wrote: »
    Did all the steps as described. Payment went through on my virtual revolut card last month for Irish sub. Account was cancelled yesterday and went to turkey today and now it wont let me restart saying an issue with the card. Set up curve card today and tried that as well. still no joy. Using surfshark VPN, also tried winscribe and neither worked.

Are the vouchers a good option?

Did you try this method

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116512844&postcount=4162

Riodej1578 wrote: »
    Hi guys, read the OP and still a bit lost.

I have a current Netflix subscription so I can just cancel now? But what is a VPN and how do I go about getting one?

A VPN, or Virtual Private Network is basically something that creates a "tunnel" from your network connection to others. It's usually used by businesses for privacy, when connecting to their office servers etc.

In more recent times it has been something that people use to mimic connections from foreign countries, Turkey in this case.

You turn on your VPN, set to Turkey, and if everything goes swimmingly, Netflix will think you're in Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭alanc2003

wiz569 wrote: »

yep, tried that as well. My revolut was the main card, that declined so i then added the curve card. That failed as well. Even used my AIB and that didnt work either

• Advertisement

alanc2003 wrote: »
    yep, tried that as well. My revolut was the main card, that declined so i then added the curve card. That failed as well. Even used my AIB and that didnt work either

Netflix will seemly block payments on an account t that looks fishy. Wait 24 hours and try again. Seemly if they see multiply payment attempts this can happen.

Advertisement