Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WLad

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Has already been stated but paying by Revolut via curve no longer seems to be working, FYI. Tried and failed, with Curve, twice.
    Successfully changed my membership today after one month on an Irish plan as OP says to do.

-signed in as normal
    -acted as if I was renewing my Irish plan, continued until I got to the page where I can change/update my payment details
    -changed my payment details to my Revolut Virtual Card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Hola unblocker to change IP to Turkey, and when I did Netflix automatically reloaded and was offering me the Turkish plans
    -chose the Family plan and now have 4 screens for €4.75/month

Between this and Spotify Family, Boards has saved me a lot of cash.

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Has already been stated but paying by Revolut via curve no longer seems to be working, FYI. Tried and failed, with Curve, twice.
    Successfully changed my membership today after one month on an Irish plan as OP says to do.

-signed in as normal
    -acted as if I was renewing my Irish plan, continued until I got to the page where I can change/update my payment details
    -changed my payment details to my Revolut Virtual Card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Hola unblocker to change IP to Turkey, and when I did Netflix automatically reloaded and was offering me the Turkish plans
    -chose the Family plan and now have 4 screens for €4.75/month

Between this and Spotify Family, Boards has saved me a lot of cash.

After trying for 2 days, this exact method worked for me.
    I was getting past payment method but then was asked for Turkish mobile number until I used this method..

I changed password on account before I started just to ensure I was logged out of all devices
    I used a newly downloaded brave browser and hola vpn on my mobile..

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just worked for me also doing the method above. Have keep solid Vpn so used that also.

Just used Google chrome on my phone and didn't have to sign out all devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Hi Guys.

Revolut have just sent me an email saying they are going to update my virtual card that I have been using for Turkish Netflix (and Argentinian Youtube Premium). Do I need to use a vpn when updating my payment details and is there anything else I should be aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Got the same. Wish they'd have left it alone. Still 3 years to go on the existing card.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Revolut sent the same notification to me. When I checked my app there was a new disposable virtual master card in my card list. My old virtual visa debit card was still there and available.

The new card is a one time only use card, do not use it to add to your Netflix account, it will immediately be cancelled and a new disposable virtual card generated.

I clicked on add new card tab and choose a new virtual card. It generated a new mastercard virtual card, not visa as I previously had offered. This card was not a disposable virtual card , just a virtual one. Revolut actually let me add 2 new virtual master cards. I was not charged for each extra virtual card which I added. To the best of my knowledge previously I would have been charged €5 for each extra virtual card but not now it seems.

I had a few issus trying to update to one of the new virtual mastercard but eventually was able to by using MS edge for Android and windscribe VPN.

Without vpn on I used MS edge to log onto Netflix ireland account settings. From the account options I selected add backup payment method. I was brought to the payment details page.

At this point I turned on the VPN and entered the new mastercard details and it was accepted. I was given the option to make it the default card which I did.

I also updated Tidal with the new mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Hi

Had it on Mexico, canceled. Now trying to get Turkey working, won't accept current revolut, new physical revolut or new virtual revolut

With or without vpn on! (Without vpn still doesn't work for IEP)

Help!

Is your new virtual card a mastercard ?

Try using MS edge for android and windscribe VPN, follow what I done above

• Advertisement

Is your new virtual card a mastercard ?

Try using MS edge for android and windscribe VPN, follow what I done above

Switched back to Mexico. That worked.

When you add a new payment method on an ongoing active account, which vpn do you use, Mexico?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Did this yesterday, thanks OP. Down from 17.99 a month to about 4 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 alank90

I was having issues as netflix wouldn't accept revolut or KBC card..I used a VPN and bought a Turkish netflix gift card from Hepsiburada webside..paid for it with revolut..Received a code within 10 minutes. Entered the gift card code on Netflix and your netflix balance gets updated. Payment comes out of your balance until it runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Got the same. Wish they'd have left it alone. Still 3 years to go on the existing card.

Looks like it will stop working 60 days from when you get the notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

So has anyone yet had a chance to try new revolut virtual mastercard ?

See my post above. Got it working on Netflix, Tidal and just now switched my NowTV UK account to it

See my post above. Got it working on Netflix, Tidal and just now switched my NowTV UK account to it

Sorry missed it. Thank you.

I couldn't

I couldn't

It's like black magic ! I have the vodoo touch it seems. MS edge for android and windscribe VPN worked for me.

Not related to Netflix but I've just updated by NowTV UK account and noticed it now it has a paypal payment option available. That's the first I knew of that

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

The end of my current sub is due on the 17th.. I changed to Revolut as payment method before last payment was taken and then cancelled my sub after it was paid. I just looked at my physical Revolut card that is setup for payment and its a Visa with expiry 2025. Before I sign up again on the 17th should I expect any issues with that type of card?

• Advertisement

247music wrote: »
    The end of my current sub is due on the 17th.. I changed to Revolut as payment method before last payment was taken and then cancelled my sub after it was paid. I just looked at my physical Revolut card that is setup for payment and its a Visa with expiry 2025. Before I sign up again on the 17th should I expect any issues with that type of card?

If you read all the posts here it looks like it can go either way. I have full 3 weeks before I try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭John mac

do you need a Revolut card ? or can i use my current Credit card ? . cancelled the other day so will be end of march when its due .

John mac wrote: »
    do you need a Revolut card ? or can i use my current Credit card ? . cancelled the other day so will be end of march when its due .

You don't need Revolut. The reason why people are using revolut is because you are purchasing the product in different currencies. If you use your bank card you will pay higher bank charges and fees for currency exchange then you would pay with Revolut.

Some people are also opting for gift card instead of the monthly payment on the card . Easier to control your outgoings and no currency fluctuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Hi Guys,
    Im trying to do this for a friend. He has let his sub expire without changing payment method to Revoult.
    It's rejecting the card now when I try to resubscribe. Will we have to restart the irish sub and update the payment method before cancelling again or has anyone a work around?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ron.

Had issues changing from Mexico so went back to Ireland for a month. Signed up to Turkey today using my kbc as hey wouldn't accept my revoult card.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

Hi.

Lots of people talking about using Virtual Cards on Revolut.

I don't have Revolut... would I need their Premium service which costs 8 euro a month or could i use the free Revolut card for this workaround to get Netflix from Turkey.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This worked for me this week.
    Let my existing sub expire. The day after that, installed Hola, selected Turkey, verifed was a turkish IP address, Netflix offered me the Turkish options, renewed without having to enter any new card details (still using a PTSB Visa Debit)
    Very straightforward process.
    Thanks to posters here - yet another reason why this is a great site!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

darragh_k wrote: »
    Hi.

Lots of people talking about using Virtual Cards on Revolut.

I don't have Revolut... would I need their Premium service which costs 8 euro a month or could i use the free Revolut card for this workaround to get Netflix from Turkey.

Thanks.

You get a free virtual plus free disposable as standard with the free Revolut package.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

Does anybody know if you can use an N26 card for this process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ron. wrote: »
    Had issues changing from Mexico so went back to Ireland for a month. Signed up to Turkey today using my kbc as hey wouldn't accept my revoult card.

Strange, i tried my KBC card for Turkey but wouldn't work. Went with Mexico for a month so will try again next time.

Advertisement