Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Today’s treats only active for 3 days, I thought the Thursday ones lasted a week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Some decent offers, the €1.50 off Kerrygold butter is very good, i rarely see that discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

Their own brand butter is 2.19, so even with 1.50 off, I am going to leave the Kerrygold on the shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Jazz apples made me think of jazz mags as a young teen :D

tenor.gif?itemid=15971012

BigDinny wrote: »
    Their own brand butter is 2.19, so even with 1.50 off, I am going to leave the Kerrygold on the shelf!

Wow, you could support the irish brand here and treat yourself for a whole extra €0.06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

pc7 wrote: »
    Today’s treats only active for 3 days, I thought the Thursday ones lasted a week

hopefully that means they'll do 2 sets of treats per week now, rather than only half the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

Esse85 wrote: »
    Wow, you could support the irish brand here and treat yourself for a whole extra €0.06

Their own brand butter is Irish and has the EU agricultural stamp on the back of it - the last time I checked, it was the same as the Kerrygold!

Wife says there is a difference so we get the Kerrygold full price or discounted. I try not to eat butter but anything for an easy life. Its all the same to me like.

BigDinny wrote: »
    Their own brand butter is Irish and has the EU agricultural stamp on the back of it - the last time I checked, it was the same as the Kerrygold!

Where does the milk come from and where is it manufactured?
    I didn't know it was irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Baggly wrote: »
    Wife says there is a difference so we get the Kerrygold full price or discounted. I try not to eat butter but anything for an easy life. Its all the same to me like.

Wouldn't you be tempted to keep the Kerrygold wrapper and put it on lidl butter, see if she notices :D

• Advertisement

Where does the milk come from and where is it manufactured?
    I didn't know it was irish.

Milk is Irish as well. Co-ops and consumers wouldnt have it otherwise i think.
    123654789 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you be tempted to keep the Kerrygold wrapper and put it on lidl butter, see if she notices :D

I would....never....try that......

(it didnt work she copped it).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The home brand butter is Irish....could even be made by Kerrygold (Lidl won't have their own irish butter factory).

This is a good deal though on the normally over priced Kerrygold.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Some good offers there this week, will be getting the beef medallions and butter anyway. Going to have to make some choices between the ice creams, Hunky Dorys, chocolate cookies and Kinder Buenos, would feel ashamed if I walked out with all four plus the free hazelnut chocolate bar from the scratchcard on top.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Some good offers there this week, will be getting the beef medallions and butter anyway. Going to have to make some choices between the ice creams, Hunky Dorys, chocolate cookies and Kinder Buenos, would feel ashamed if I walked out with all four plus the free hazelnut chocolate bar from the scratchcard on top.

I did just that this morning. No regrets.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The home brand butter is Irish....could even be made by Kerrygold (Lidl won't have their own irish butter factory).
    Neither does Kerrygold make its own butter, it's just a name that was originally conjured up by the Irish Dairy Council for marketing Irish butter abroad under a single Irish branding.

Both Kerrygold and supermarket own-brands come out of the various creameries around the country which also sell their butter under their own brands (Avonmore, Connacht Gold etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

This app has been ace so far!

Quackster wrote: »
    Neither does Kerrygold make its own butter, it's just a name that was originally conjured up by the Irish Dairy Council for marketing Irish butter abroad under a single Irish branding.

Both Kerrygold and supermarket own-brands come out of the various creameries around the country which also sell their butter under their own brands (Avonmore, Connacht Gold etc).

What a fantastic idea that proved to be as the product has went to be a huge success particularly in the UK, Germany and USA.

Got my ice cream and then got free snickers a 9 pack lol well the lidl version anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Was in there this evening, no scratch card today :(

For some reason, I also got the receipt for the person who was in the queue after me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Was in just before - forgot to show app to redeem money back voucher that expires tomorrow god dam it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No steak or ice cream but I did get the apples and kinder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Got the ice cream, cookies, apples and butter. Scratch card won me the Lidl Snickers 9pack per above. Wonder if the 3 day expiry is because they are going Thurs / Sun on new offers to match their weekly items?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I shopped today and didn't get a scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

casio4 wrote: »
    I shopped today and didn't get a scratch card

It's one every three days

• Registered Users Posts: 23,391 ✭✭✭✭zell12

My e5 off e25 expiry date was in 6 days, now reset to 28 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Used it yesterday for the first time. Very handy little App and nice savings on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

zell12 wrote: »
    My e5 off e25 expiry date was in 6 days, now reset to 28 days

Mine seems to have disappeared off the app!

Looks like the offers from Monday
    64021-1200-100000.jpg

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I wasn’t expecting new offers on the app until Thursday, if they come out twice a week it will work out at more than the estimated €10 weekly saving
    The current offers expire Sunday/Monday, we'll have to see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

PopTarts wrote: »
    I think the scratch cards will stop end of the month. The last few days when I get one before I scratch it there are “days to expiry” on them and they’ve been reducing each day (yesterday was 9, new scratch card today showed 8)

What are the scratch cards? I’m on iOS

Advertisement