Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

He HAS to vote, but the vote will be ignored.

Exactly. Self resolving. If it isn't ignored we have a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Exactly. Self resolving. If it isn't ignored we have a wolf.

Well if his assertion is to be believed then we have an RV

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Our names are Urielus Mollyus Necrominus, Commanders of the Armies of the Modulators, Generals of the Werewolf Forum, loyal servants to the true forum modulators, sullivlo, Baggly, and quickbeam. Parents to a murdered tribe, married to murdered wolves. And we will have our vengeance on those who would misbehave, in this life or the next.

Orla WW has been modkilled for repeated poor behaviour in the game.

They were...

latest?cb=20140714222628

Toll Road, an Expendawolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Well I was very wrong. 2D, I hope everything is okay with you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Me too. Hope you're ok 2D.

(though we did just get a wolf with no effort, so erm... thanks!)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Updated to reflect Orla. I really thought she was good. That's two wolves now who weren't on the main wagons on night one. Could it have been a policy to just go rogue and pick someone off the beaten track? Perhaps, but I still reckon one of those Phil voters, or Phil himself is bad. I guess we'll see what comes of Barbara's bullet claim I suppose. I'm leaning toward Barbara and Brendan being good, and Desmond too.

Candidate |Votes |Number of votes
    Phil WW |Angus WW, Jake WW, Derry WW, Conor WW |4
    Brendan WW |Vernon WW, Riona WW, Steve WW, Holly WW, |4
    Isla WW |Doris WW, Gertrude WW, Desmond WW |3
    Gertrude WW| Winifred WW, Phil WW |2
    Doris WW |Isla WW, Eva WW |2
    Liam WW |Clodagh WW |1
    Riona WW |Barbara WW |1
    Derry WW |Brendan WW |1
    Conor WW |Liam WW |1
    Orla WW |Wendy WW |1
    Vernon WW |Orla WW |1
    Did Not Vote |Katie WW

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Lynch Results:

Candidate |Votes |Number of votes
    Isla WW |Gertrude WW, Phil WW, Derry WW, Katie WW, Brendan WW |5
    Orla WW |Liam WW, Jake WW, Conor WW |3
    Brendan WW |Vernon WW, Eva WW, Barbara WW, |3
    Steve WW |Holly WW |1
    Phil WW |Angus WW |1
    Clodagh WW |Steve WW |1
    Derry WW |Desmond WW |1
    Desmond WW |Clodagh WW |1
    Gertrude WW |Winifred WW |1
    Did not vote|Orla WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Wow

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Wolf is a wolf, but I kind of take little joy from that sort of reveal.

Anyway, I've got two names for my FFA currently. Still working on a third.

Lovely post Angus and all pretty fair points. You'll notice that none of my accusations on the first day were really based on anything, more just poking around. I'm waiting till I have more stuff to go on to make any actual firm accusations. I've been trying to see what I can come up with and then tie it to voting patterns, and now we're actually starting to get useful information on that. I've tried to make it clear who I think/thought was good. Orla I was clearly wrong about. Isla I thought was good, didn't know she was the executioner. I thought the CFD made her look better because I wouldn't have thought a wolf would like that panic at lynch time. I think a wolf would more likely lump on a fellow wolf than try to change everyone's mind late.

Never really got a satisfactory response from Steve on that question by the other - other than he wanted to see how I would react.

Other points

Eva wasn't just calling me out. She was calling a number of people low posters and telling others to look into them without doing so herself. Katie I believe agreed with her. You are the only one who has since acted on Eva's advice, other than myself with the discussion of who was interested in policy lynching.

What does Phil's alignment have to do with me? And Katie's?

The 'accusations' weren't backtracking. I was highlighting what I did and did not like about their posts. I wasn't trying to paint a certain picture of their actions.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Okay doke: Winifred

Summary

I really liked the start of this where she was accusing people but it went completely downhill after that. The vast majority of this is mechanics. Occassionally she pops in with an insight which shows that she is reading and following along, but there doesn't seem to be any real wolfhunting. There are practically no accusations in here and it just seems to be floating along under the radar. A couple of accussations she backtracked on in the same post.

I don't like it. I need to look at other players first, but if Katie is RV and Phil flips green, I'd be tempted to look here.

Tricky thing about that is it's very conceivable given on thread behaviour that her team mates saw this coming and bussed her.

Eva and orla going is very good for vote analysis though.

I'd give Wendy a pass for the d1 vote on Orla. Not cleared, but it's a good sign. Feeling better about Conor now too.

• Advertisement

Katie this doesn't paint you in a good light. If you are claiming something, I vote you make the claim.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I don't think that's a contradiction.

He HAS to vote, but the vote will be ignored.

That doesn’t add up with :
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Jake, have you voted yet?
    Jake WW wrote: »
    No there is no point! If ye want I can put a vote in but mods said it will just be ignored.

This is not making sense. Jake is supposedly being told his vote will he ignored and he interpreted it that he doesn’t need to vote at all. But the Mods have felt it important to clarify on thread that he has to vote. so what’s the story?

Derry WW wrote: »

This is not making sense. Jake is supposedly being told his vote will he ignored and he interpreted it that he doesn’t need to vote at all. But the Mods have felt it important to clarify on thread that he has to vote. so what’s the story?

I believe in intentionally not voting Jake would be trying to game the rules by not providing information to the rest of the village. I presume this mechanic was installed intentionally by the mods and don't want someone trying to work around it by intentionally not voting. So Jake has to vote and then we'll probably learn something about Jake when we see the results.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

It's quite simple Derry, I didn't realize my vote being ignored means I still had to place one. Easy enough assumption to make.

Anyway I will be placing a vote on Phil as he is giving me the most wolf vibes. Not that it will make any difference

At a guess, Derry, I think its better to park it aside for right now. That's my read of it.

Lovely post Angus and all pretty fair points. You'll notice that none of my accusations on the first day were really based on anything, more just poking around. I'm waiting till I have more stuff to go on to make any actual firm accusations. I've been trying to see what I can come up with and then tie it to voting patterns, and now we're actually starting to get useful information on that. I've tried to make it clear who I think/thought was good. Orla I was clearly wrong about. Isla I thought was good, didn't know she was the executioner. I thought the CFD made her look better because I wouldn't have thought a wolf would like that panic at lynch time. I think a wolf would more likely lump on a fellow wolf than try to change everyone's mind late.

Never really got a satisfactory response from Steve on that question by the other - other than he wanted to see how I would react.

Other points

Eva wasn't just calling me out. She was calling a number of people low posters and telling others to look into them without doing so herself. Katie I believe agreed with her. You are the only one who has since acted on Eva's advice, other than myself with the discussion of who was interested in policy lynching.

What does Phil's alignment have to do with me? And Katie's?

The 'accusations' weren't backtracking. I was highlighting what I did and did not like about their posts. I wasn't trying to paint a certain picture of their actions.

Fair enough wini, though if we all waited til we were sure before making firm accusations, nothing would ever get done.

I'm not sure it paints me in a good light that i'm following Eva's advice, but there we go. I more wanted to get some work done and you were the easiest as lowest poster (I'm up the walls this evening). Sorry.

Phil and Katie only reflect on you, in that I was thinking that Phil should be resolved shortly and Katie would be my next wolfiest. She's claimed RV though so you'd be next after that - sorry.

Jake WW wrote: »
    It's quite simple Derry, I didn't realize my vote being ignored means I still had to place one. Easy enough assumption to make.

Anyway I will be placing a vote on Phil as he is giving me the most wolf vibes. Not that it will make any difference

Its is an easy mistake to make Jake, I am just keeping everybody honest . . ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

So ive caught up.

Cheers Babs.

Phil WW wrote: »
    So ive caught up.

Cheers Babs.

I wouldn't worry, sounds like the bomb/bullet may not go until the next game of WW so the next player who plays Phil WW could end up blowing up out of nowhere. .:pac:

Fair enough wini, though if we all waited til we were sure before making firm accusations, nothing would ever get done.

I'm not sure it paints me in a good light that i'm following Eva's advice, but there we go. I more wanted to get some work done and you were the easiest as lowest poster (I'm up the walls this evening). Sorry.

Phil and Katie only reflect on you, in that I was thinking that Phil should be resolved shortly and Katie would be my next wolfiest. She's claimed RV though so you'd be next after that - sorry.

Ah I see myself, Katie and Phil are just your top three. I get it.

Oh I don't think everyone should wait to make firm accusations then we may not get very far as you suggest. However, I don't think everyone should do so because then everything just gets lost in a medley of random accusations.

I don't think it paints you in a good or bad light Angus, just noting that you were the first to actually act upon the suggestions.

• Advertisement

I've had something crop up in RL and I'll only be on lightly between now and lynch.

Read list as follows:

Most Village
    Angus - me - good
    Desmond - most village of the other people - see eva situation
    Brendan - felt strongly wolfy given last 2 lynch situations but given eva flipped red, i'm thinking village
    Clodagh - village lean
    Conor - village lean - loads of work done today
    Liam - leaning village based on today's posts
    Gertrude - lots of mechanics, a bit under the radar. offered up acronyms but could be done for village pts
    Vernon - no strong feeling but a bit less village based on repeating ffa and a bit of defensiveness. Wolf not doing much work...?
    Derry -I hate his explanation of why he didn't give his theory pre-9am, and we still haven't heard it. :(
    Winifred - wolfy vibe from ISO
    most wolfy

others
    Babs - parked until phil situation resolves
    Phil - parked until bullet/lynch situation resolves
    Katie - claimed RV - going on village pile as I assume she'll provide details (or be munched in the morning, if not ? over her)
    Jake - won prize, also self-resolving based on vote situation

#ffa2
    - Winifred
    - Derry
    - Vernon

Above only because I'm parking Phil and Katie. They are my current wolfiest but I think they're self-resolving. If Katie doesn't reveal before lynch i'd be tempted to vote her though as I thought Des (?) ISO of her was very wolfy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I wouldn't worry, sounds like the bomb/bullet may not go until the next game of WW so the next player who plays Phil WW could end up blowing up out of nowhere. .:pac:

Well Im out with Flu. Dying since the game began to be hoenst.

So Orla was a wolf..... god knows what happened there, while I was obviously wrong about her I think we can all agree she wasnt playing in the interests of her team.

Eva being bad...... well I did have her on my FFA. But I didnt vote for her so thats that.

#ffa2
    - Winifred
    - Derry
    - Vernon

Angus, dear, one of those three is already dead.

I don't think it paints you in a good or bad light Angus, just noting that you were the first to actually act upon the suggestions.

I just want to get some work done on players. I feel like everyone is just hypothesising. I've barely seen any read lists or isos.

Right, really have to run. Good luck village. will try to be back before 9 and will at least check in to make sure things haven't changed where my vote should be (eg. reveals/ bullets)

Angus, dear, one of those three is already dead.

my spreadsheet was not updated. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Makes perfect sense. His vote would still appear I’m guessing but If the effect is related to a wolf action it stops us clearing non wolves that way

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Guys, I’ve been flat out all day and it doesn’t look like stopping soon. I mightn’t be around for the lynch either but I’ll try and stick a vote in before 9 and get on for 8

I see above Orla was a wolf, not nice to get her like that but yay all the same.

I won’t get a chance to read any of today’s developments.
    If someone could give me a summary and a group vote suggestion I promise to be a better villager tomorrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

this has been the most confusing of days

Just wondering is there normally this many killed in the first day?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

first days i mean

• Advertisement

Derry -I hate his explanation of why he didn't give his theory pre-9am, and we still haven't heard it. :(

I will let others decide if this is a reasonably strong reason to have me on a potential lynch list. Last night I posted
    I know my strengths and my weaknesses but I’m generally looking to have a bit of a laugh which isn’t always village friendly to be fair.

I’ve a theory about wolves but I’m gonna sleep on and throw it out tomorrow if we aren’t making any headway in the afternoon.

To which this morning Angus posted:
    Derry, if you have a theory that might be helpful to the village, would you not throw it out at 9.59?

Why on earth wait until the afternoon unless you know that you're safe...?

To which I replied:
    There are different ways of taunting or baiting wolves. Wolves took Holly’s bait but not mine, I’m as safe as houses now cause they don’t think I’m a RV or a threat, although between the wolves and the SK they seem to excel at hitting NRVs sk maybe I’m not so safe ! :pac:

I do have a theory/strategy we could consider but I can now gather more information today to see if it stacks up.

Also nobody has discussed it yet but it looks like today’s kill was the third SK Kill. I linked all the killing posts together last night and made this point. All three kills had explosive flavor. I’m still a bit perplexed about yesterday’s competition as I was sure there was more then one prize.

I’m at a business lunch again but will try and sneak out to enter. I managed to enter the comp yesterday so would be great if somebody posted the answer again clearly.

So I haven't revealed my strategy that I think worked better when there was a full wolf list to be honest. . But that aside, why is my post so dodgy ? What exactly do you think it was intended to do ? Buy me time ? I havent seen too many people accuse me of anything so I dont know why , if I was bad, I would post such an ambiguous comment, without some sort of end game/goal.

So you find this exchange makes me one of your two (Vernon is dead) FFA targets ?

Advertisement