Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did being right wing become a cool lifestyle choice for young adults?

• Site Banned Posts: 13 Reality King

And you've not answered your own question. Just as you Alt-Right Bots never do.

"How is is worse now than in my parents' day?'

Shame you Alt-Right bots also have no idea what it was like to live in Europe in the 1980's and 1990's when groups like the Red Army Faction, ETA, Provos, UDA, UDF were bombing and killing people on a regular basis.

Or when the RTE News and Radio were reporting every day about either terrorist attacks that took place or that had been thwarted here, in the North or in the UK.

Maybe you should read some actual history books. Rather than getting all your "knowledge" from Youtube shills.

Well Boomer friend I'm not living in the 1980s, I am living in the here and now and that's what I care about. I look across Europe and I see that migration is causing a lot of problems.

Imagine we were discussing a resurgent IRA and I tried to deflect by bringing up a Muslim terrorist? Or we were discussing Church abuse and I said 'so what? Didn't those migrants rape and assault girls in Germany on NYE?'.

Can you see how foolish you appear?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Ah it's certainly not cool anyway, on most of the popular Irish young people facebook pages anyone posting right wing stuff get hammered in the comments. It really doesn't help that these guys usually give off a creepy american alt-right vibe

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I had a history teacher in secondary school and when we were talking about wars, politics, left wing / right wing ideology etc, he sat down and said something that always resonated...

Anybody picking sides in politics is just playing into the hands of the people in power, ALL of them...you are busy defending the virtues of say Fianna Fáil against Fine Gael or visa versa...that’s like saying Charles Manson is better than Ted Bundy.....they ALL as institutions and individuals WILL put their interests and that of their followers over anyone not connected, over democracy and the national interest. It’s how they are bred and educated... the term ‘national interest’ is bandied around but the only interest they have is getting into power and staying there...they will do whatever is necessary to appease and bullshît to get in and to stay in...achieving whatever in the time the are in power is done not with the view of betterment of the state and its people per say but to get back into power. To keep the keys in their own hand...trust none of them.

• Site Banned Posts: 136 ✭✭rainybillwill

And you've not answered your own question. Just as you Alt-Right Bots never do.

"How is is worse now than in my parents' day?'

Shame you Alt-Right bots also have no idea what it was like to live in Europe in the 1980's and 1990's when groups like the Red Army Faction, ETA, Provos, UDA, UDF were bombing and killing people on a regular basis.

Or when the RTE News and Radio were reporting every day about either terrorist attacks that took place or that had been thwarted here, in the North or in the UK.

Maybe you should read some actual history books. Rather than getting all your "knowledge" from Youtube shills.

You seem very bitter and angry..Your argument is stop complaining because cave men didnt complain..Do you want a pat on the head because you grew up in the 70s or maybe a medal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Left wing = clowns

Right wing = clowns

Both sides are a pain in the hole.

To be fair though, the left are a conplete contradiction, er mah gerd free speech, er mah gerd you must listen to my opinion...

5 mins later er mah gerd dont let him speak, er mah gerd ypu wont listwn to me you're a fascist nazi anti vegan monster.

Sorry but its true but i expect the left will hammer me now lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

italodisco wrote: »
    Sorry but its true but i expect the left will hammer me now lol

We don't step on snails bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

When kids started focusing on stupid American "team" politics and applying it to this side of the Atlantic.

When you hear Irish people banging on about "Liberals", you know they haven't got a fecking clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Busterie

Supporting left wing politicians is just sooooo last seasons fashion.
    Green Party is the latest in thing for the cool dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

'You can't get angry about Islamic terrorism because Hutch and Kinahan'.

So the UVF who carried out the Dublin & Monaghan bombings which killed 34 people & injured 300 more were Islamic terrorists? I always believed the UVF were a Protestant only group, damn books telling lies again.

What about the UDA bombing in Dublin Airport or the Cloughfin bombing? The UDA were Muslims to? Those Muslims are so sneaky pretending to be Protestants.

Here https://cain.ulster.ac.uk/bibdbs/index.html https://cain.ulster.ac.uk/sutton/ http://www.dublinmonaghanbombings.org/DubInterim.pdf

Go read them & then come back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Well Boomer friend I'm not living in the 1980s, I am living in the here and now and that's what I care about. I look across Europe and I see that migration is causing a lot of problems.

Imagine we were discussing a resurgent IRA and I tried to deflect by bringing up a Muslim terrorist? Or we were discussing Church abuse and I said 'so what? Didn't those migrants rape and assault girls in Germany on NYE?'.

Can you see how foolish you appear?

So what are you and your buddies going to do about it?

You planning to actually take some direct action here?

Or sit and rant and rave on social media giving out about NPCs/Feminism/Islamism?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Speaking to the 'lizard brain' is easier than appealing to people's intellect. 'The immigrants are going to take your stuff', 'the Muslims are going to kill you', 'feminism means no sex for the lads'.

Young people are not going to enjoy the same standard-of-living their parents did, not because of immigrants, Muslims or Feminists - but because they're being conditioned to look sideways at how much their neighbour has rather than who is benefiting most from the system.

What people should look out for is how reactionary 'stars' bundle in political ideology with their fear-mongering, they tell their followers they're losing the race while tying their laces by saying that the current system is just, and winning and losing is 'natural'.

We're being conditioned to squabble over the scraps while the beneficiaries of the system make off like bandits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

So what are you and your buddies going to do about it?

You planning to actually take some direct action here?

Or sit and rant and rave on social media giving out about NPCs/Feminism/Islamism?

I can't understand the the amount of hatred for migrants, black people, poor people etc..

Probably the worst experience of my life was when I was 13 and robbed at syringe point by a heroin addicte demanding I give him all my money, when I went down a wrong path in a Dublin city alley.
    This was along time ago & I'd forgive the person who did it, because I understand what causes drug addictions. The lack of humanity for poor people fleeing warzones in one of the worst wars in decades is scary.

We don't step on snails bro.

Typical lefty puss merchant response.

The reality is you're brave behind a keyboard, lefties are expert name callers online but when confronted by a group of Hardy 13 yr old lads thwy ****e themselves:D

Feel free to insult away, but dont forget it took over 200 of ye to intimidate 6 out of shape pegida members in dublin a few years back :pac:
    Youd be easily wiped out!

Unreal :D

I can't understand the the amount of hatred for migrants, black people, poor people etc..

Probably the worst experience of my life was when I was 13 and robbed at syringe point by a heroin addicte demanding I give him all my money, when I went down a wrong path in a Dublin city alley.
    This was along time ago & I'd forgive the person who did it, because I understand what causes drug addictions. The lack of humanity for poor people fleeing warzones in one of the worst wars in decades is scary.

Facebook buy and sell pages are great for witnessing the aul 'ah hayor de fordiners an all ah hayor', funnily enough a large percentage of those who rant about foreigners are our own home grown welfare maggots who have contributed nothing but cigarette butts and chavy english to our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You're suggesting gangs of thuggish left wing children were bullying precious and fragile right wing libertarian primary school students on mass in the early 2000s?

It's a theory I guess.

See plenty of thuggish left wing big children bullying a young man for the crime of attending a Conservative conference in America on twitter this past few days

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    See plenty of thuggish left wing big children bullying a young man for the crime of attending a Conservative conference in America on twitter this past few days

Now thats a fact. Big brave cowards all over social media giving him dogs abuse.

I don't agree with what he did but its up to him.

Conservatism is the new counter culture. The establishment is now left wing, Liberal and bordering regressive in their progressiveness.

The establishment sing the same tune, the media sing the same tune, the politicians sing the same tune. The youth will always rebel against the establishment.

Agree with all that bar the last line, Irish people are deeply conformist, as recently as the mid eighties, that meant social Conservativism, today it means social liberalism

Very few young people today in Ireland are remotely rebellious against the establishment.

To be a Conservative publically in Ireland is to be a heretic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Now thats a fact. Big brave cowards all over social media giving him dogs abuse.

Hard to have sympathy for a kid that was giving backhanded endorsements to Anders Brevik's political philosophy. A pile-on is rarely pleasant but he drew this one on himself.

For someone with naked political ambitions he learned one of politics' cardinal rules: words, conviction and how you present yourself matter. People don't like the guy and his convictions. He's welcome to them; playing obnoxious Tory-boy might be a fun game on campus, but in the real world, it doesn't win you friends.

You'd swear he gave the fcuking keynote speech at the annual meeting of the NRA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It's the two trips I'm interested in. Stressful socially? Much dirt? How was the flush? Facilities different to home?

They were very quick, rushed, if you will. First one was mostly “mush”, reckon it was the tinned pears. A very bad call.

Second trip was much “easier”. Didn’t hang around. Wasn’t really as “thorough” with the cleanup but was certainly enough for the task.

The facility, singular, was adequate. Recently repainted but you could see areas of damp around the corners so, obviously, the ventilation was poor. No windows, just an extractor fan working “overtime”.

Flush was weak, once of those with two “power” levels. The one designed for a “heavy” load had to be used twice, both twice. The ones I’d have at home wouldn’t have that nonsense, it’s hardly “environmental” if you’re flushing two, or even three, times per dump.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Pyr0 wrote: »
    You know what really aggravazes me? Its them immigants, they want all the benefits of living in Ireland, but they aint even bother to learn themselves the language.

...and we shall dress our misgivings under the guise of 'border controls'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Seems like more and more kiddies are flocking to reactionary, selfish, right wing ideologies.

Are charismatic but low IQ YouTube celebrities to blame?

Since the Left became dominated by the well to do and put some serious mileage between itself and its old base.

The running off into political dead ends and bizarre cul de sacs also helped.

The idea that the modern Left can be described a working class politics is hilarious, that day is long over.

That is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I've seen a large increase in people sharing Ben Gilroy, Gemma O'D and Yellow vest Ireland material in fairness.

From what I've seen is theres an increase in far right material out there.

Leo Sherlock also seems to be doing his part to keep the hate out there too

I'm conflicted whenever a post from TheLiberal comes up on my facebook feed.

He really is an awful person so I don't like giving him any revenue with my clicks, but I do enjoy reading his articles to count the amount of grammatical mistakes (it often reaches double figures).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

I’m confused. I thought left wing, woke, pro immigration, pro choice, vegan, carbon neutral, non gender pronouns etc was cool and right wing evil? Maybe I’m getting old and no one told me there was a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Feel free to insult away, but dont forget it took over 200 of ye to intimidate 6 out of shape pegida members in dublin a few years back :pac:
    Youd be easily wiped out!

Unreal :D

Why would they be easily wiped out? Will the next march have 12 out of shape pegida members?

I was there that day, just happened to be, and the lefties looked tough. (Many were Celtic supporters anyway, maybe pegida has links to unionism)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Yurt! wrote: »
    . He's welcome to them; playing obnoxious Tory-boy might be a fun game on campus, but in the real world, it doesn't win you friends.

In the real world, if the U.K. is still real, you can be PM.