Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    :confused: Ok, everything is possible tbf! Ive put it out there and thats all I can do for now

You said at the end of your ISO of my first page of posts:
    So if someone got a one off peek this might be a reason why Wendy was selected. I mean how many characters do you need to list, I think there is 25 characters mentioned by Wendy on the first page. If your looking for a task id start here.

What do you mean by this, I don't understand what this means. Why would I be selected?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

also posting this for discussion.

If a villager wins a prize is there any benefit to them holding onto some information? Like they could lie about about their power to throw wolves off? Almanac power stuff.

Downside is if their lie is exposed in some way it puts shade on them a bit but they could really super size their prize if they wanted. Wolves don’t know any better?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Des,
    Not sure on Angus but Wendy is defo on the watch list. He's here and replying so I'd throw any reasoning at him if you have any

Who is the him you are talking about here?
    Any initial thoughts from your watcher vantage point?

What exactly do you mean here by watcher vantage point?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

something came up so I missed the game. :(

I am still trying to iso wendy. At some point i'm just going to give up and post what I have!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Good morning Goths. Let the games begin.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3560e343574559772820e6&rid=giphy.gif

Is a black and white chequered flag not singally the end of a race.

Not the begining?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

A Coin has been tossed

cItcKIj.gif

Heads: Desmond WW has been healed

https://imgur.com/a/L2JqLAz

Ooooh.

Harvey Dent using his villager powers... but we learn exactly nothing from the poisoning lol

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Oh this is interesting

I'm gonna be logging off in about 30 mins anyways Tegan lol, you'll have time to catch up with me then :pac:

Flipside if Des is legit about having a role then I wonder if Abi was fake poisoned.

Des,

Bad vibes and they list a lot of players, can you give me more on why wendy.

Why did you call our medic stupid?
    "They think I'm the seer :) Happy days, Abigail isn't the seer either"
    " Poor wolf play targeting me, when I die your locked dead anyway so I'll spend the rest of my time hunting the rest of your buddies! I'll do an ISO later for you to respond to but like, sometimes you just know"
    "Pretty sure I got the poison but we can wait for Abigail to give us some thoughts to her importance in the game"

I don't blame the medic for acting early under these circumstances, you've been wolfie as hell since just before the munch.

Maybe we should just lynch you tonight instead of letting you live another 24 hours.

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Des,

Bad vibes and they list a lot of players, can you give me more on why wendy.

Why did you call our medic stupid?
    "They think I'm the seer :) Happy days, Abigail isn't the seer either"
    " Poor wolf play targeting me, when I die your locked dead anyway so I'll spend the rest of my time hunting the rest of your buddies! I'll do an ISO later for you to respond to but like, sometimes you just know"
    "Pretty sure I got the poison but we can wait for Abigail to give us some thoughts to her importance in the game"

I don't blame the medic for acting early under these circumstances, you've been wolfie as hell since just before the munch.

Maybe we should just lynch you tonight instead of letting you live another 24 hours.

Go for it

You think im wolfy for thinking wolves targeted me for being seer?

I called the medic stupid cause he had longer to decide so picking early was of no benefit. I had a role but not an important one, if Abi insinuated she had some kind of purpose I would be happy for her to be healed but there was no need to decide at 2pm ish

Poison Ivy must be steaming now that her power was a dud.

What a useless power when the village have two cures, :pac:

Second tbf Babs was a 50/50 shot, which we won't have tomorrow when Dent is bad

Wendy ISO

#isowendy

My comments in bold

Morning folks, so let's get the formalities out of the way I guess. Why?
    But actually I did me some thinking last night and Batman is nothing without his parents, their money and his whole moral code is based around them.
    So after some complex calculations I actually decided that I'm Martha Wayne, cos ma's are the best. Anyone got any problems with that?
    Good.
    Lots of gifs. And a batman claim. Meh

What do you mean claim? gif

Anyways I'm off for a while, have to do some travelling from the Thomas and Martha Wayne International Airport. Later folks

Catwoman analysis sounds correct. Possibly powers only though as opposed to alignment?
    Penguin - obvious answer would be lynch votes imo.
    Harvey Dent - I don't think this is correct re: kills, he gets stuff each day with a 50/50 chance of it working. As per OP he's good day 1, bad day 2, good day 3, etc. So just keep stock of the days and we'll know where we stand I suppose. Doesn't seem to be a wolf team member moreso his own team as per OP??
    Mechanics. I need to do my own analysis of the OP before I decide where I stand on this (arguably I should have done this first.

The newspaper thing?
    referring to liam's "elephant in the room" question

So I presume we'll be getting riddles then. And if we solve them we get rewards, if we don't the wolves get them?
    quoting OP on riddler - i'm agreed on this

So it seems that there are three wolves together, Penguin, Riddler and Ivy.
    Then the SK - Joker.
    Harvey Dent imo is his own team but the 'Someone who is never alone' is interesting. Does that line up with his conflicting alignments?
    Wolf one day (possibly counting for wolf team parity?), Village the next? But that seems to conflict with this?
    So are we looking at 20/21 (with Harvey Dent) VS 3/4 (With Two Face) VS 1 (With Joker)?
    OR
    20/21 (Harvey Dent) VS 3 VS 1 VS 1/0 (Two Face).
    Given the picture used I reckon Harley Quinn is out there somewhere too tbh for Team SK to find. Or is that too obvious?
    more mechanics, but i find this helpful

Me thinks you need to read the OP again Angus, no need for the seer re: Harvey
    I don't really get Wendy's point here - i read the OP as indicating what the seer would see if they peeked harvey on night 1 or night 2, not that the seer doesn't need to peek him. I do think Harvey needs to die (sorry if you're having a good day harvey)

Disagree, counterfeiter to me suggests he'll be messing about with the lynch votes.
    Agree re: Harvey though.
    agreeing that harvey should be lynched

I don't know what to make of the newspaper tbh.
    We have an SK who can write his own kills, doesn't it seem like he might also be allowed mess with the village with messages like that?
    I guess the other option is that The Riddler is throwing out some sort of coded message...??
    fair - newspaper and weather posts are still wrecking my head

Ok but the counterfeiter is an actual role like:
    Counterfeiter: Can choose a day to have access to all lynch votes in advance. Can fake lynch votes from players, whatever vote distribution they choose is what the village uses and knows of. Basically has total control over the lynch, gets to distribute votes from whoever to whoever.
    OKAY So Wendy was the one who suggested the counterfeiter role as described in the explanatory thread linked to in the OP. I feel I'm getting somewhere

a few posts here going back and forward about counterfeiter with babs/angus

You seem to be very agitated Angus.

Can't say for certain, but most likely yes imo.

Actually scratch that last response yes I can:
    So Dent will be good day 1 and night 1, bad day 2 and night 2, etc.
    little bit of poking of angus here. mild enough

I see Steve is going for the 'annoy everyone to death with Shakespeare' approach.
    fluff

Re: Penguin. IF he is that role then it will likely only be a single day the votes are affected. Not gospel of course, but unlikely.
    Poison Ivy is simply a poisoner, Babs description is right imo.
    Hard to know if Two Face/Dent will share a backroom with the wolves like you seem to suggest, unlikely given the changing alignments. Wolf team is specified in OP as Ivy, Penguin and Riddler so I think Dent is his own team when evil and team village when good. Could be wrong though, I don't know for definite.
    On the Riddler - newspaper I'd chalk down as maybe. Steve... I don't see it tbh. I'd say the riddles will be announced and we'll have a time limit to work them out, just based on the description. Again, only speculating though. Can't know for certain I guess.
    Totally agree with your comments re: discussion of villager roles, no need to be fishing down that well, they will know what they have to do themselves and that's what matters imo.
    On the newspaper, I'm choosing to ignore it tbh. I don't know what we can take from simply a pic and some headlines, but by all means feel free to try and decipher it.
    more conversation on mechanics. The only point of interest here is that wendy is ignoring the newspaper which COULD be a push for village to ignore this so wolves can work on the riddle. Weak, but it's the first real sniff of wolf i've felt

Ugh let me flesh that out a little. I find it unlikely it will be a reoccurring action of Penguin's if in fact the counterfeiter role I previously mentioned is his powers.
    mechanics

Should have made Batman a wolf, then see who claims to be him
    fluff

notes who has checked in

Is this not a win con?
    Quote:
    If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win
    Also earlier in the OP it seems to indicate that the Rogues Gallery are only 3:
    mechanics

Fair point re the task. Might not be definitive alternations.
    Oooh, maybe if we don't get some of the riddles right it's a reward for the wolves?
    mechanics

Oh right, didn't even notice until the mod clarification.
    Two bolded parts in your post here Liam. Why would you not use resources provided by the mods to clear things up? Now I don't know if the Counterfeiter is exactly as stated but the role is clear imo, so I expect some manipulation of the lynch votes.
    The second bolded part is a bit weird. Why do you think task? I didn't get that at all from Steve's posts, they are literally Shakespearean translations.
    little prod at liam

It's not offsite, it's literally in the same forum.
    Your second point, well lettuce examine that:
    So you think he's possibly doing three things? Talk about covering all your bases in case he's actually good.
    little liam prod

You are though.
    You're saying: He could be doing tasks, or playing jokes, or doing riddles (??).
    Your defensive response about me 'stifling discussion' is noted though
    again a nudge at liam

I think Gabs is ok tbh. Theories are a little out there but I really don't see a wolf being as forward. Might bite me in the ass (or the intestines ) but *shrug* just my opinion.
    likes gabs

Can we talk about Liam? I found his push on Steve really wolfy tbh. Maybe he phrased it wrong but it came out icky.
    I don't see the Clodagh thing, you meant the entrance post presumably?
    Ewan more suspect in that regard if you take a read back imo
    oooooh - casting shade :D

Just searched the thread for the word riddle.
    Returned 12 hits not including the OP.
    Probably 13 now lol.
    So Gabs not first person to mention it, but I guess the phrasing could be construed as dodgy.
    so now we're not as clear on gabs, but not pushing too much

It's this post that has me concerned about Liam tbh - the phrasing around Steve is just off imo.
    My bet is he's... lists three things. First one wolfy, second one not helpful to village if so, third one I don't even know where to start it's so weird.
    pushing more strongly on liam and batting this around with babs

I'll read over those three in the morning and give you my thoughts. But for now, bed.
    Night all
    discussing angus, clodagh and conor with babs

Weather Headlines?
    I think this is some sort of riddle. Anyone good at this sort of thing?
    mechanics - doesn't offer a solution (neither did I)

Jaysus Fee cool the jets, I was going to bed if you read about 4 posts or so later.
    Why the rush to shoot someone anyways over phrasing?
    Ok we're down the rabbit hole I guess.
    You don't find Liams use of the word riddle a bit off then?
    I don't buy into this word association you seem to want to but for you I'll look into it tomorrow, k hun?
    My breakdown (if you can call it that) is the work of a quick word search on the thread before going to bed tbh.
    And anyways i think ALL of this will be moot point when you see my post directly above this one.
    Only way me and Gabs are associated is if we're on team village btw, I'm just not sure I see what you see in his/her posts.
    bit defensive over fee's poking

So Babs as promised (gonna be away later), I'm looking into the three you mentioned. Conor first.
    iso of conor here
    Wendy agrees conor a bit wolfy - seems mainly based on focus on rv's/mechanics. Not too sure I agree, but that's just me.

Clodagh next.
    iso of clodagh here
    I'm quoting this part as I liked it:

Brendan, Conor, Henry, Orla all thanked this post. Why? Did you follow up and question Clodagh on it like Babs?
    It all smells a bit dodgy if I'm honest. Brendan and Orla have a single post each yet they have the time to thank this.
    Henry isn't much better than Brendan/Orla tbh. He has two posts, one referencing how he won't be back till tomorrow and the other checking in.
    It also makes Conor look worse as the only reference he has to Clodagh is his joke post.
    I find this very suspect on their behalf tbh. Ok, back to the ISO.
    now, i like this but there could have been pocketing of babs by wendy over the first day as there is a bit of interaction there
    Doesn't see clodagh as wolfy

And finally, Angus.
    iso of angus here
    feels angus is moderately suspect. Just for my own notes, i didn't real feel anything he said was overly suss.

That you don't get it actually decreases my suspicion on you a little bit tbh.
    I'll try and explain it though.
    Basically, I see that post and find it wolfy as you're jumping onto Steve for possibly tasking.
    BUT you're also including that he might be joking or riddling (which I don't get at all tbh, explain that to me).
    So hence why I see it as hedging your bets on him rather than committing to a position. The way you explain it in the above post is much better though.
    convo with liam re. wendy feeling wolfy about him. Not sure i like this flip flopping wendy, but it is good not to be tunnelly

Mainly cos no one thanked the post. It was an ISO of Clodagh, not Babs or Steve.

So as a wolf you know who the non-wolves are. It's your job to shade non-wolves and make them look wolfy without getting any of the blame when they end up inevitably flipping village.
    So you supplant small ideas like Steve tasking or riddling into the thread and then back off and watch as the village rip him to shreds (all things going to plan).
    You can then go back and say 'Hey, I did say he might be joking as well' and wander off into the sunset rubbing your wolfy paws with glee.
    Does that help?
    convo with liam about why wendy found him pockety

Coming back to this now Des, can you explain why pockety?
    Also what did you make of my reaction to Fiona, you say it's interesting, can you explain why?
    pushing des to expand - fair

Anyways looking at the two pictures posted up, the common theme in both is Gotham.
    Newspapers and weather. Any other commonalities between them that we can figure out?
    meh

Babs just called out people as being wolfy, I wanted to see if I agreed with her. Also cos it was continuing our line of discussion from last night.
    Conor, I get. Angus, a little less so. I just don't find that opening post by Clodagh that a good few have jumped on as wolfy.
    So I'd disagree with her on that, however I'm glad I went back and noticed the thankfest on Babs post re: Clodagh.
    On being defensive, we'll have to agree to differ. Robust, sure. Defensive, nah.
    explaining isos

Like for me, someone actively being disappointed they weren't the SK is more wolfy: highlights ewan
    Than Clodagh's post below. But meh, maybe I just don't get it.
    Note to self: does Wendy look into Ewan later?

Care to flesh out those thoughts or are we still in random accusation phase
    calling ewan out to ask why he calls her a wolf - note to self, I don't think ewan and wendy are on the same team

Ah I'm always on the watch list lol. Any other suspicions or thoughts at the mo Des?
    asking desmond why he thinks wendy is wolfy

To which I'm out of time to respond unfortunately. Away for the rest of the day now most likely.
    Adios!
    own response to above

Cos this was your last post to me last night
    Any more questions will have to wait till tomorrow morning I'm literally just dropping in for a few secs to catch up and saw this.
    explaining why she picked those 3 to ISO

Logged in solely to say exactly this. Some performance.
    Drunk Wendy is here for about 20 mins
    fluff re golf

I find this post really strange but I'm also drunk lol
    It's basically to me someone posting for the sake of posting with about as much input as a wet shoe
    calling henry out for fluff

Well yeah cos he's a wolf. His chances of winning as villager are like miniscule
    mechanics

Ah Fiona are you still going down the Gabs is the Riddler path
    I know it's hard to exit tunnels but I really think you're beating down the wrong bush here.
    If I'm wrong I'll marry Gabs on thread post game.
    pushing back on fiona and claiming gabs being good (which we now know is true

What do you mean, the game started yesterday
    reply to steve re. tasks

I don't agree tbh Fiona I dont see an SK or possible convert (if they even exist) being so out there with their theories
    defending gabs

Dammit drunk Wendy likes this post.
    *Shakes first at Liam*
    Wait till sober Wendy reads this though.
    liking liam's post re. tasks on day 1

Oooohhhh I knew something was niggling at me about that post!!
    agrees with doris' post asking how steve would know about tasks

I'm the seer and I peeked Gabs, he's a villager
    spartacus post

Disagree, will see where people's thoughts are atm
    pushing spartacus theory

GOD DAMMIT ORLA NOW I HAVE TO CHANGE MY AVATAR
    fluff

How so
    spartacus theory

Apparently there's a bit I have missed. Will have a read back from this morning.
    Not sure I'm following this theory of Babs on Eva like at all. Is it purely just cos she didn't mention the Joker in her role summary?
    i need to read bab's posts to get this

Huh? Yet this...
    You earlier didn't care about. Why the sudden change?
    pushing liam again

Ah damn, it was Des who said that. Sorry Liam, my memory ain't so good tonight
    correction on above

While I'm here though, to answer Ewan - wanting to kill villagers (ie: be the SK) isn't exactly a helpful or productive thought tbh.

By the way, if anyone is doing a task on day 0 it's likely Orla.
    Just look at the above posts.
    accuses orla of being tasky

Heh, people worried about seer being exposed should really give out their strongest town lean instead of just poo pooing the strategy.
    But hey, what do I know
    spartacus theory

Why surprised? I like the strategy. It's an interesting discussion that brought some people out of the woodwork (waves at Frank)
    spartacus theory

Glad you said presume, because you know what assume does.
    It always help if people give their leans (town or wolf).
    Who knows who'll be dead in the morning, better to have their thoughts on thread than keeping them bottled up
    spartacus theory

Like so many people post game say 'Oh I wish I said this' or 'I should have given my thoughts' when it's too late.
    If you're village, just be up front and honest about what you're thinking. Keeping your thoughts to yourself doesn't help anyone.
    Thought pissed in the bed and thought he was sweating after all.
    spartacus theory

Genuinely, without too much aggression (and not aimed at you Fiona btw)
    Who gives a fcuk about the wolves.
    I want to know what other villagers are thinking. That's how we win games.
    spartacus theory

So you don't have any town or wolf leans? Not one?
    Again I'll repeat far too much of the game is spent worrying about what not to say by villagers in case they get killed.
    The only people that should be worrying about these things are the wolves because they have to avoid death in order to win.
    If I get eaten tomorrow, so fricking what, at least I've got a volume of posts of my thoughts that people will hopefully go back over.
    spartacus theory (and yes, you have a volume of posts

Anywho, that's enough drunken ramblings from me.
    Night all
    fluff

Bah, can't not respond to this. Dunno who your RL account is, but never undersell yourself Frank, if you're a villager then your views are equally as important as mine.
    RVs can be wrong too! Don't just rely on them, trust in yourself and your own methods too!

Ah Doris, are you telling me you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the plan and an actual seer claim, if it was deemed necessary?
    spartacus theory

God damn Orla and Riona have the same avatars :/
    This could get confusing but for Orla talking in one line posts and Riona being a little more wordy (no bad thing btw)
    fluff

Depends on the merits of the claim tbh. spartacus theory

Btw, we're basically already running the Spartacus theory with nearly everyone claiming Batman.
    So what exactly is the difference? spartacus theory

Imo, the issue with some is clearly because of the role being discussed. There's a tendency in some to hold back and hope that the RVs steer them in the correct direction, which imo is not a good idea for two reasons:
    A) RVs can be just as wrong as other villagers
    B) they're more likely to be killed quickly
    I just wish more would trust in their own thoughts, share them as a collaboration. Information helps the village, holding back hinders us.
    spartacus theory

How does one find Batman in a myriad of claims to munch him though?
    That's the point it's providing proper cover to him spartacus theory

Anyways, my leans so far:
    Village:
    Gabs
    Babs
    Riona

Wolfy vibes
    Orla
    Conor
    Liam
    I don't buy into the theory on Babs that Eva has like at all. Will re read if I make it through the munch though as admittedly I haven't been paying as much attention as I'd have liked to yesterday
    Doris and Frank are coming across a bit strange with the hard resistance to a plan as well. Certainly noteworthy anyways.
    puts down leans. I am feeling village about this - no need if wolf

Reasons please. Because you're so wrong and it's gonna look really bad on you continuing this nonsense line
    defending against des

Imo, either Joker or Harley would have to do a task to find each other.
    That's IF Harley is in the game (which looks likely from the OP)
    mechanics

Gabs death does shine a light on Fiona admittedly. Though I wonder if that was (even partially) the intention?
    first push against fiona that i've noted

Only way you could 'know' is if you were a wolf
    queries des "knowing" he'd be poisoned

Up who? Me? I've yet to see your reasoning on your hilariously wrong call
    again asking des why a wolf: note to self, does des give reasons?

Exactly. The fake poisoned person is not in any way clear.
    mechanics

Oh really, do post it, I'm looking forward to another agenda driven post by you
    I'm good and I can debunk your theory in a simple post if I wanted to
    response to des saying will ISO

Ah Des you picked on the wrong person.
    I look forward to you being fake poisoned and shot tomorrow.
    Nice play, but too fancy.

*Cue the scrabbling in the backroom to find what I'm talking about*

Ah so you don't know if I'm a wolf, you're only pushing a bullspit agenda (that you posted at 9.59am for effect).
    Gotcha.
    note to self: check des' 09.59 post

I'm happy to leave Des's fate in the hands of Alfred today fwiw.
    It goes without saying that we probably shouldn't lynch either of them.
    So lettuce move on from this at least until Abi starts posting I suppose.
    I think Orla did a task on day 0. Discuss
    agree on not lynching either abi or des

ISOs are a good way of getting your feelings straight. I look forward to them
    response to me: wendy, this has broken me.

Actually Abi that's a very good call. The poisoning happened at a time that there was some discussion around Fiona.
    Worth bearing in mind.
    Also I think Alfred healing is much more important than shooting right now btw, we have a chance of clearing a player a day from being a wolf (but not the SK) if he guesses correctly.
    mechanics

Click into this below post for a series of posts by Orla. I feel they are quite tasky.
    link to own post on potential orla tasks

Jokes aside I do like being ISOed your ISO has made me feel more villagey, but very sad at the time taken

Iso on desmond :
    I won't repeat the whole ISO, but I think that Des is villagey from his ISO. Not helpful village, but I'm just not sure a wolf is so accusatory...

Of COURSE one will survive Holy, one is fake poisoned!
    mechanics

That's in the OP though yeah? He can shoot or heal once per day, his decision.
    Which means if we find Ivy with Alfred still around then the poisoning stops. And he becomes a vig.
    mechanics

That's potentially a good find Riona. That second quote of Fiona's in particular stinks of shoehorning those numbers into a post
    talking about wendy and numbers 11 and 4. For what it's worth, I don't agree - I think it's a genuine comment on the page number.

No, not that one alone but Riona is right the second in particular is just weird.
    as above - this feels a bit pockety

"I just actually changed the settings back to Forum Default to see was it correct and yeah, Fiona would have been page 11 when she asked.
    It's an interesting coincidence that she's number 11 in the list though is that not done alphabetically?"
    Meh.

comments on competition follow:
    Entered. I want a prize too
    I went for 13 fwiw
    In what context Clodagh. Be specific now don't just generalize.
    Yep, so 11, 13, 14 and 15 have been taken, pick another and tell us which one
    I hate those sort of general statements tbh. To me it just seems like posting for the sake of it.
    Like if there's a false claim out there then call it out.
    1, 2, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17 all taken.
    Will post who took what in a bit
    There's always at least one dissenter for every idea.
    After me collating and all
    Is the strategy not just a bigger version of the Goldrush strategy from Deadwood? That was a fine strategy, I don't see the issue in it tbh Conor.
    Yeah cos people made a bad assumption on how the mechanics worked. There aren't mechanics to this per se, it doesn't clear or damn anyone.
    It's covering the spread to maximise the possibilities of a villager getting the prize
    The winner gets PMed Steve so hopefully a villager won :/
    Cos how else would they inform someone:
    Also great news Doris

Jaysus will you relax, someone announced they got a prize and immediately you go to suspicious mode.
    Let's hear more before we rush to judgement either way, particularly when you were b1tching about people wolf reading you for flip flopping on number revealing
    easy now wendy - bit defensive here

I agree with this, though it will depend on what Doris says the prize is, and what the end result is.
    But for today I'd be happy to put Doris in the not lynch pile with our two poisoned parties
    agreed

No the whole point of the game is for the villagers to find wolves. Someone announcing they won a prize doesn't make them suspicious.
    What they do with it might though.
    agreed

It's great news as Doris is now tied to the prize, so whatever she says it is will either make us trust her more or out her as a wolf.

You should probably ISO me first Henry
    I recommend not doing that Henry - I'm losing the will to live. In all seriousness, it's a decent point - Wendy has been hopped on by Des and Henry for not much more than a feeling without anyone doing much analysis (as far as i've seen).

12 hrs won't cover till the munch though, even if you submitted at 8.59pm
    mechanics

If Des has been real poisoned then yeah.
    If fake poisoned, then no.
    mechanics

To look at my posts in isolation
    Ironically you're the one that seems on edge though Henners.
    But I won't hold it against you, yet anyways.
    mechanics

Ok fair enough, just wanted to point out the timing thing just in case.
    mechanics

You still pursuing this line on me
    Don't reveal anything until 8.59pm if you are a villager, you may not be dead for all we know yet.

Exactly, if Des doesn't die then Abi is not a wolf - but could still be SK.
    If Des dies then it means nothing for Abi's alignment tbh.
    mechanics

Have you even looked at my posts yet or are you just gutting this one out?
    Cos you'll need some stomach medication if it's the latter.
    response to des calling her a wolf

Yes, at 8.59pm imo. Better to have Des's info than it dying with him.
    If he doesn't die we can decide what to do with it afterwards.
    mechanics - arguing that if Des is RV then he should come out if looking like about to be lynched (I think i'm understanding that correctly

What do you mean why I was selected? I don't follow your train of thought.
    Response to Des - is des suggesting he got a one-off peek of Wendy?

Genuinely, what do you mean by that? Cos if you're implying you peeked me then your peek is bogus.
    Legitimately bogus.
    response to des' accusation

Doris has already told us the protect won't work against poison though.
    mechanics

She has until 12 midnight to submit anyways, so maybe a good idea.
    mechanics

You said at the end of your ISO of my first page of posts:
    Quote:
    So if someone got a one off peek this might be a reason why Wendy was selected. I mean how many characters do you need to list, I think there is 25 characters mentioned by Wendy on the first page. If your looking for a task id start here.
    What do you mean by this, I don't understand what this means. Why would I be selected?
    i'd love des to answer this properly

Conclusion to follow in a separate post

Des,

Who is the him you are talking about here?

What exactly do you mean here by watcher vantage point?

Sorry missed this one, him was Wendy, typo on my part.

I was directly responded to someone who said they werent around but had been watching hence my question

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Second tbf Babs was a 50/50 shot, which we won't have tomorrow when Dent is bad

Technically we might have it tomorrow.

If Dent has some way of communicating with the wolf team they can tell him who has the fake poison and he can flip a coin that may kill them? Technically Dessie might of had the fake poison and Dent tossed a coin to kill him?

Frank WW wrote: »

If Dent has some way of communicating with the wolf team they can tell him who has the fake poison and he can flip a coin that may kill them? Technically Dessie might of had the fake poison and Dent tossed a coin to kill him?

I mean dent is bad right? He only shows village every second day but he’s a baddy?!

I’d nearly think now that Abigail had the poison and dent tried to finish off Dessie ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I’d be very surprised at Dent having a BR with the other wolves. He could never be good in that scenario. The wolves could also kill him at the end of his bad phase

Go for it

You think im wolfy for thinking wolves targeted me for being seer?

I called the medic stupid cause he had longer to decide so picking early was of no benefit. I had a role but not an important one, if Abi insinuated she had some kind of purpose I would be happy for her to be healed but there was no need to decide at 2pm ish

I don't think the ivy targeted you because they she thought you were the seer.
    Show me how they could have thought that. I can't see inside your head, I can only read your posts, and I don't see how you think, that they think, that you were seer.

Scenarios:

Its just two random choices

des freaks out and stinks the place out.
    abi get on with the game.

des wolf

des trys to lure the cure
    abi gets on with the game.

medic gives cure to abi, and as des admitted, they'd look dodge if the survived the poison, so dent uses 50/50 powers on des, which invalidates all clues possible from the whole thing.

Mother of all that is Jebus Tegan that was some effort tbf to you :D

I'll respond to your conclusions when you post them.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

From the OP

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    One night good (day & night phases), the next bad, Harvey has powers to match, each time with a 50/50 chance of success. If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win. Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney, Night 2: Two Face

Suggests that Harvey's powers aren't all bad. D1/N1 is good, peeks good and has good powers that have a 50% chance of working, D2/N2 is bad, peeks bad and has bad powers.

Conor WW wrote: »
    I’d be very surprised at Dent having a BR with the other wolves. He could never be good in that scenario. The wolves could also kill him at the end of his bad phase

I actually played a role very much like that before where I was on two teams.

But dent is doesn’t really care who wins cause if he’s alive near the end he can’t lose! Or can he? If he’s alive he can lose so why bother getting his fellow wolves caught?

Anyways he’s on their team so they could easily have one forum they can communicate on without revealing each other’s identity.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Do we think dent is with the wolves in the backroom. Probably not is my guess.

They might know who he is might not.

But maybe they fake poisioned him, he freaks out.

But he is good dent today so his power is good and he cures himself or takes the chance to?

Could also just have been dent being a good villager also?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Mother of all that is Jebus Tegan that was some effort tbf to you :D

I'll respond to your conclusions when you post them.

it made me quite sad by the end. I was willing to conclude that you were lock village if you just stopped posting. Conclusions on way.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

also posting this for discussion.

If a villager wins a prize is there any benefit to them holding onto some information? Like they could lie about about their power to throw wolves off? Almanac power stuff.

Downside is if their lie is exposed in some way it puts shade on them a bit but they could really super size their prize if they wanted. Wolves don’t know any better?

I did consider not coming out with what the prize was but I'm sh1t at lying so it would've just made me look unnecessarily suspicious. :o

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Do we think dent is with the wolves in the backroom. Probably not is my guess.

They might know who he is might not.

But maybe they fake poisioned him, he freaks out.

But he is good dent today so his power is good and he cures himself or takes the chance to?

Could also just have been dent being a good villager also?

I wonder what the other side of that coin would have meant.

Death for Des? Healing fails?

Pointless speculating really but genuinely interested.

Doris WW wrote: »
    I did consider not coming out with what the prize was but I'm sh1t at lying so it would've just made me look unnecessarily suspicious. :o

Yeh that’s the downside. Just trying to get a consensus on things. When you are working alone it can be hard to make the right calls.

Okay, #isowendy conclusion

There were a couple of things I didn’t like early on (dismissing the newspaper and what I felt was fairly pockety behaviour towards babs).

A little poking of Angus, more prodding of Liam, felt strongly that gabs was good. Tried to draw Babs into a conversation on Liam and asked for other opinions on Des. Was this throwing shade or villager looking for a second opinion? I’m leaning towards the latter.

I don’t think Ewan/Wendy or Des/Wendy are on a wolf team together. I think there would have been more cohesive arguments rather than wild accusations.

Wendy supported the Spartacus theory and numbering strategy which I think were both village-like. Overall, I'm leaning village. She could be SK also wolf-hunting, but I’m feeling more village towards Wendy now that I’ve ISO’d her posts.

Sorry missed this one, him was Wendy, typo on my part.

I was directly responded to someone who said they weren't around but had been watching hence my question

You were responding to isla if i recall correctly, forget content of isla post, will go look.

• Advertisement

You were responding to isla if i recall correctly, forget content of isla post, will go look.

right, yeah, i get it now. thanks.

Advertisement