Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

So you've to lock two doors if you need some discretion whilst using the facilities?? :mad:

Absolutely, or go through the rigmarole of asking for a key for the second door.

Strange strange country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I get you now, wasn’t clear that there was a second door in your post. I believe that’s what’s know as a “Jack and Jill” bathroom, an abomination in my opinion.

I rented a room in a house in Galway many years ago. While I was having a shower one morning the house owner came in and did a wee, not a bother on them.
    At least it wasn't a poo. They didn't try to have a gawk at me in the nip either, I just heard the door, tinkle and flush.
    A shyte in a steamy bathroom, now that would have driven Bin Laden out of hiding.
    The door to the landing that us tenants used had a frosted glass panel on it so we could see if someone was in there... So we never walked in on the owner.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Two doors? Feckin danger there if i ever heard it. You could be in laying down a length of wavin and be disturbed mid crimp. Though it'd possibly be more embarrasing to be walking in on when you'd be tackling the mud dungeon with toilet roll

Not really a problem when you're three sheets to the wind on Jamaican Old Holborn as most of Holland seem to be on a permanent basis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

I just took a late lunch and found myself wandering Patrick's Street in a kind of daze. I couldn't stop thinking about the rear entrance wipe method and the stats shared with me on this thread which indicate that at the very least there is parity of numbers between sitters and standers. I think I'm going to concentrate on work for the rest of the day. It just doesn't seem right. It reminds me of those games where you had to lead a coat hanger along a looping and rolling piece of wire and if you so much as touched the wire it would emit a loud harrowing beeeeeepp. There is just too much anal flora on the undercarriage guys. But I think I may try it this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I just took a late lunch and found myself wandering Patrick's Street in a kind of daze. I couldn't stop thinking about the rear entrance wipe method and the stats shared with me on this thread which indicate that at the very least there is parity of numbers between sitters and standers. I think I'm going to concentrate on work for the rest of the day. It just doesn't seem right. It reminds me of the those games where you have to lead the coat hanger along the looping and rolling bits of wire and if you so much as touch the while it emits a loud beep. There is just too much anal flora on the undercarriage guys. But I think I may try it this evening?

Give it a go. I rise up the right cheek, reach around and under. No touching of the toilet seat or anything.

If you've never had at it with a baby wipe - pick up a pack as well. It's like an angel coming down from heaven and licking the marmite motorway clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Absolutely, or go through the rigmarole of asking for a key for the second door.

Strange strange country.

I'm sure you loaded up in the transit van with your cargo of fannypads and headed back to Mayo bewildered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Aglomerado wrote: »
    A shyte in a steamy bathroom, now that would have driven Bin Laden out of hiding.

The dreaded “Dutch Sauna”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Give it a go. I rise up the right cheek, reach around and under. No touching of the toilet seat or anything.

If you've never had at it with a baby wipe - pick up a pack as well. It's like an angel coming down from heaven and licking the marmite motorway clean

I feel that by adopting the Skiing Stance you are able to get right in there as your ass cheeks are spread further apart.

I feel that by adopting the Skiing Stance you are able to get right in there as your ass cheeks are spread further apart.

You achieve full spread when sat however. All is out in the open, with a slight pucker. Like an auld wan after sucking a lemon with no false teeth in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

But to get there would you not be worried about slight clamping together if you’re not too careful?

Could leave you with damage looking like a “Rorschach test”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The dreaded “Dutch Sauna”.
    Which you can also do to yourself in the shower if you had a vindaloo the night before. f^cking fent of it.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Which you can also do to yourself in the shower if you had a vindaloo the night before. f^cking fent of it.

There's very little worse than a shower fart. Of course, they are absolutely hilarous to release, esepcially if the water happens to be running down the English channel at the time, but when the smell hits. No, is all i'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

But to get there would you not be worried about slight clamping together if you’re not too careful?

Could leave you with damage looking like a “Rorschach test”.

That is indeed true and a most noteworthy observation unless you use one hand to grab a fist full of arse cheek in a vice like grip to keep it separated.

It would be interesting to hear JohhnyF's take on this.

I'm sure you loaded up in the transit van with your cargo of fannypads and headed back to Mayo bewildered.

To be honest I'd rather deal with a toilet with no door than one with two of questionable security.

At least you know what you're dealing with then, and us more resourceful patrons could probably engineer something with planks of wood or corrugated sheets and a straightened leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I am a stander or really more of a squatter but a word of caution.

This only happened a few months ago. Basically later on in the day at work having delivered my payload I did note a unmistakable whiff of buckshot but ignored it.

Later on I was just adjusting my belt and shirt and again a funny smell.

That night at home getting undressed I noted a hardened brown stain on the tail of my shirt and on my belt. Instinctively I though some chocolate or biscuit I must have sat on but no my a darkest fears were realised.

Basically I worked out that when I wiped some dark matter went rogue and made a bid for freedom- a piece of wet **** dropped down on to my trousers at the belt line. Unknown to me I buckled up and of carried on. It promptly smeared my shirt, top of my trousers and belt.

I am more careful now.

‘In off the crossbar’ I believe it’s called in some circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I wipe from behind and usually throw one leg up on the toilet seat to make the reach around a bit easier.
    Any of ye that indulge in using wet wipes just be aware that they aren't flushable no matter what it says on the pack. Lovely clean wipe but they will clog the sewers eventually

A damp microfibre cloth takes some beating I find.

If it's good enough for the most fastidious of car detailing, it's more than adequate for the old balloon knot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Pull the chain and in a jiffy,you’re sh1te goes floating down the Liffey.
    Brendan behan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Ripped the hole of myself last night, you know those massive chites that stretch the ring - this was one of the worst ever, just kept stretching it, I'd say me hole looked like a snake eating an ostrich egg.
    Some blood after and a sore hole today.
    Jaysus

• Advertisement

Pull the chain and in a jiffy,you’re sh1te goes floating down the Liffey.
    Brendan behan
    "Hell is other people"

--Jean Paul Sartre, notorious fart sniffer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Yesterday afternoon had lunch at the brother in laws, he always makes nice food but sometimes can be a bit rough on the guts,
    last night the stomach was gurgling away and the arse angels were singing all night - fent of them would have knocked out a charging hippo on steroids...
    Decided to walk into work this morning (20min) from a nice cafe where I had a large coffee and 2 jam donuts.
    You know trouble is brewing (literally).

Was goose stepping it into the work jacks 20 min later and just made it, deposited a nice satisfying load of yobble - about 2KG worth I'd say.
    I looked back at it with pride , filling the bowl and breaking the surface!
    But JAYSUS the ****ing bang of stale scallops I left in there, I even warned a colleague as I left, to use the jacks across the way - he obliged quickly, think I'm getting a reputation in the office.

Relief though ! christ! I never learn

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yesterday afternoon had lunch at the brother in laws, he always makes nice food but sometimes can be a bit rough on the guts,
    last night the stomach was gurgling away and the arse angels were singing all night - fent of them would have knocked out a charging hippo on steroids...
    Decided to walk into work this morning (20min) from a nice cafe where I had a large coffee and 2 jam donuts.
    You know trouble is brewing (literally).

Was goose stepping it into the work jacks 20 min later and just made it, deposited a nice satisfying load of yobble - about 2KG worth I'd say.
    I looked back at it with pride , filling the bowl and breaking the surface!
    But JAYSUS the ****ing bang of stale scallops I left in there, I even warned a colleague as I left, to use the jacks across the way - he obliged quickly, think I'm getting a reputation in the office.

Relief though ! christ! I never learn

Moral of the story, always have a diversion point planned when taking a morning walk.

Saves having to ‘ditch’ the load in open country, telephone booths are getting scarce my friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Had prawn vindaloo Friday Night, Saturday night, Sunday morning (leftovers) and then on Sunday night too. Angus ring feels like it has chemical burns and retracts with fright on contact with toilet paper.

Drank a rake of stout on the Friday night and then on the Saturday morning I released a long slow stream of black molten lava with no form or substance to it, just absolute slobber with the odd blob of something or other. Looking back into the toilet all you see is thick black blubber broken by the odd bit of froth, kind of like a pool of tadpoles.

Although the whole thing is ‘freeform’ (no actual turds) it took three flushes to remove the nebulous dark matter. Awful smell that reminded me of one time when I was in the North of England and some farmer had left a few dozen dead moles rotting on a barbwire fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Had prawn vindaloo Friday Night, Saturday night, Sunday morning (leftovers) and then on Sunday night too. Angus ring feels like it has chemical burns and retracts with fright on contact with toilet paper.

Drank a rake of stout on the Friday night and then on the Saturday morning I released a long slow stream of black molten lava with no form or substance to it, just absolute slobber with the odd blob of something or other. Looking back into the toilet all you see is thick black blubber broken by the odd bit of froth, kind of like a pool of tadpoles.

Although the whole thing is ‘freeform’ (no actual turds) it took three flushes to remove the nebulous dark matter. Awful smell that reminded me of one time when I was in the North of England and some farmer had left a few dozen dead moles rotting on a barbwire fence.

Jaysus FO ! I'd say the stuff would have rivalled the Elephants foot in Chernobyl in terms of toxicity.
    https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/the-elephant-foot-of-the-chernobyl-disaster-1986/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If you've never had at it with a baby wipe - pick up a pack as well.

We basically had a sh!t explosion in our back yard last year because of those

Major blockage and when they were tring to rod through 5-6 houses worth of compacted sh*t-pipe contents our manhole cover lifted and it went everywhere

Bastarding things.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Major blockage and when they were tring to rod through 5-6 houses worth of compacted sh*t-pipe contents our manhole cover lifted and it went everywhere

Bastarding things.

Buy the flushable ones you use when toilet training kids - job sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Bastarding things.

There must be some smell off the lawn after that.she would draw all the flies in the province.
    You’d want a stomach of steel to be rodding drains for a living.manys the septic tank I emptied and some of the fcukers would have you dizzy

Buy the flushable ones you use when toilet training kids - job sorted.

Even the flushable ones have been proven to block pipes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46836867
    Wet wipes are particularly problematic: so-called "flushable" wipes have been a thorn in the side of water companies adamant that these products are still causing blockages.

A wipe doesn't break down in the same way as toilet paper, meaning it stays intact and clings to fats and grease.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

There must be some smell off the lawn after that.she would draw all the flies in the province.

There was a pool of it on the grass at the end of the patio where it'd been hosed off

Power washer and Jeyes Fluid took care of any actual shyte and the smell

Luckily it was a bone dry summer last year

I just let it sit there for a few weeks and it dried into a toilet-paper-mache type substance. Like the rough cardboard they used to make egg trays out of, only more brown. This could then be easily peeled off, bagged up and disposed of

Advertisement