Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    1st competition isn’t until midday tomorrow so loads of time to get our heads around it, Angus.

I have a suggestion with regards to randomly assigning number to player. Might work for the first time but could we pass the alphabetical player list below around each other in turn. First player on the list starts and picks a number for a player of their own choosing? Then the next player on the list chooses. I know we have to allow for players who can’t make the comp but they could be given a number from 10 onwards.

Would that be random enough?

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

So you’re saying let the first five people alphabetically choose to give another person a number?

That’s a terrible idea, you essentially be handing the wolves a free choice if one of them were picked as they obviously know each other and then reducing the odds of a villager picking another villager as they obviously don’t know each other

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

If someone does a random.org or something similar list I’ll try to vote when assigned later but I see problems with the alphabet order, that said there could be info to be gleaned from it too such as - if as above I’m first and I pick and give no.1 to WW Bob then later in the game I’d be rightly questioned as to why if Bob turned out to be a big bad wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

I’m working today but will be available for both the next two days. I might make the 4.30 one but can’t guarantee so you guys go ahead with whoever is available today and if I do make it on I’ll choose a higher number.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    If someone does a random.org or something similar list I’ll try to vote when assigned later but I see problems with the alphabet order, that said there could be info to be gleaned from it too such as - if as above I’m first and I pick and give no.1 to WW Bob then later in the game I’d be rightly questioned as to why if Bob turned out to be a big bad wolf.

I don’t see any benefit to it, you’re handing control over to the wolves. Fair enough do a random to pick the people but don’t then give them the option to who they are going to pick, it’s nonsensical. Even for data later, I’m good, I randomly pick someone who later turns out to be a wolf, all of a sudden I’m guilty by association. A wolf picks another wolf and you have the exact same information but no way to tell which was the goodie and which was the baddie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Our choices are -

Get 1 player to choose who gets numbers 1-5. That means we are putting all our faith in a player who I haven’t a clue whether they are good or bad.

Choose the first 5 players who posted to receive the numbers. Chances are there’s a wolf in there but doubt all 5 are bad. Have the wolf’s learned by now that being poster No1 is usually a wolf post?

Use the alphabetical list and have all numbers assigned (1-20). First player to pick can choose anyone and give them any number. They don’t have to randomly pick and give a No1.

• Advertisement

So far the people who can make both are

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan

So we need at least two more

I think we should choose the first five posters, it’s the most fair way to do it and nobody knew at that point we would decide this way

Grestest tragedy of the 20th century deadwood being cancelled, luckily ian mcshane revisted his character in american gods.

I meant to ask yesterday, American Gods, is that based on the Neil Gaiman book?

Fantastic book, one of my favourite writers

Steve WW wrote: »
    I think we should choose the first five posters, it’s the most fair way to do it and nobody knew at that point we would decide this way

I’d agree actually but they have to be available to post for both times today

Steve WW wrote: »

Granted we take into consideration who can’t do it today, skip them and go to the next available person maybe?

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus
    Vernon

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan

I said I could make both.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

So you’re saying let the first five people alphabetically choose to give another person a number?

That’s a terrible idea, you essentially be handing the wolves a free choice if one of them were picked as they obviously know each other and then reducing the odds of a villager picking another villager as they obviously don’t know each other

Unless you know who the wolves are, how is a alphabetical any different to any other way of choosing?

He’s saying go alphabetically and allow the first five to choose which five go forward, or else I’ve completely misread his post

No that’s what I got from it too. This early we shouldn’t have anyone picking other people, as Barbara said the wolves all know each other and if they’re in the top 5 alphabetically they can then choose their wolfy brethren.

Just looking at the people who can and can’t do it today. Do we even have enough numbers for today to really strategise?

No. Everyone on the list chooses someone and doesn’t have to choose numbers 1-5. It’s just the order of the list that gets passed round alphabetically.

Eg: Abigail chooses player X and gives them No12. It’s Barbara’s turn next to choose and picks Player Y and No2, then the next on list picks. Players who cannot make comp get the highest numbers. The choice is left completely to each one of us playing and no number would be duplicated.

It’s just a suggestion and as I said when I first mentioned it, it may work better after first comp when I think the wolves can’t play whilst watserface is alive anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Morning all. Im working today but I'll be around for first one.

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And/or
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

No. Everyone on the list chooses someone and doesn’t have to choose numbers 1-5. It’s just the order of the list that gets passed round alphabetically.

Eg: Abigail chooses player X and gives them No12. It’s Barbara’s turn next to choose and picks Player Y and No2, then the next on list picks. Players who cannot make comp get the highest numbers. The choice is left completely to each one of us playing and no number would be duplicated.
    Abigail chooses player X her wolf buddy and gives them 1

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus
    Vernon

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan
    Tegan

Just as a commentary I’ll be suspicious of the not available as being a wolf and the availables as being the SK

And if that isn’t a great piece of information to have later in the game, I don’t know what is.

The prizes are random too and that means there’s possibly peeks up for grabs, extra shots, etc

• Advertisement

And if that isn’t a great piece of information to have later in the game, I don’t know what is.

Of course it is but that came from Des’s strategy, your addition was handing back the initiative to the wolves, you’ve since watered down ur proposal to be less wolf friendly

I haven’t watered anything down. I may have explained it better in later posts but it’s the same idea.

Sorry but you did water it down

In #144 you made ur wolf friendly suggestion and then in #156 you came back with three suggestions including your wolf friendly one

So literally the definition of watered down

If we were to go with current availability we’re looking at

Barbara 2
    Conor 1
    Holly 4
    Angus 5
    Vernon 3

For the lunch gold and then rotate by 1 for the evening, either add or subtract one from everyone’s

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan

I said I'm available for the second one, so this at least partially incorrect info

1st competition isn’t until midday tomorrow so loads of time to get our heads around it, Angus.

I have a suggestion with regards to randomly assigning number to player. Might work for the first time but could we pass the alphabetical player list below around each other in turn. First player on the list starts and picks a number for a player of their own choosing? Then the next player on the list chooses. I know we have to allow for players who can’t make the comp but they could be given a number from 10 onwards.

Would that be random enough?

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

Point out where in the above post I said the first five players!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Morning all

Should be around for the comps

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

Not sure I’m getting how we’re doing it though. Is it players give a number to other players to use?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus
    Vernon

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan
    Tegan

Just as a commentary I’ll be suspicious of the not available as being a wolf and the availables as being the SK

I don’t get what you mean here. Why would wolves not be available for this?

Nothing agreed yet but Babs is not reading posts properly at all.

Missed where I said I was available for both comps.
    Missed Brendan saying he was available for one of today’s comps.
    Seeing things in my posts that aren’t there.

• Advertisement

Brendan WW wrote: »

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan

I said I'm available for the second one, so this at least partially incorrect info

Being available for one is no use, the whole idea is that if a wolf gets one by keeping the same group you’ll find out if there’s a wolf in that group. For it to work we need to keep the same five for both gold rushes

Advertisement