Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Doesn’t have to be between 1-20 but I doubt anyone would win on anything higher. 20 players doubled up would have the highest number as 10 and would mean that whomever chose 1 would be randomly chosen.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Doesn’t have to be between 1-20 but I doubt anyone would win on anything higher. 20 players doubled up would have the highest number as 10 and would mean that whomever chose 1 would be randomly chosen.

I have a strategy to suggest:

We choose 5 people and randomly assign them a number between 1-5. This means baddies cant really waste their votes on these numbers and pretty much guaranteed that one of our 1-5 gets the gold. Key is that all 5 choose a number have to confirm if they won or not. Theoretically number 1 should always win unless the baddies are trying to force another number to win.

Nobody can be number 1 twice (cause we don’t know anybody’s team).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »

We choose 5 people and randomly assign them a number between 1-5. This means baddies cant really waste their votes on these numbers and pretty much guaranteed that one of our 1-5 gets the gold. Key is that all 5 choose a number have to confirm if they won or not. Theoretically number 1 should always win unless the baddies are trying to force another number to win.

Evening all...how would that work? All the wolves have to do is pick those numbers too and then none of those numbers will win. Unless I'm reading it wrong?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Evening all...how would that work? All the wolves have to do is pick those numbers too and then none of those numbers will win. Unless I'm reading it wrong?

And afaik, we wouldn't know if it happened either, cause the wolves would just lie anyway.

If the wolves pick 1-5 numbers they can’t win the gold, hence the reason we pick 5 people. Let the rest of the village go 6-10 and it’s pretty much improbable that a wolf team can strategically play for gold.

even if a wolf does win the gold they have to announce it on thread. We will have 5 chosen people pre gold rush and they will all commit to saying if they won. If there is one rush where we don’t find out who won we know there is at least one wolf in that 5.

It’s not perfect but it’s a way to restrict wolves strategy’s?!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

That might actually work, Dessie. Couple of things though:

Who rands the numbers - we don't have any way of confirming they're on the up and up and telling the truth.

The SK can win multiple prizes, wolves can't (well at the moment anyways).

I get the idea behind the strategy though.

Phil WW wrote: »
    And afaik, we wouldn't know if it happened either, cause the wolves would just lie anyway.

Ok, let’s say the following 5 are the chosen ones for the gold rush. We tell them to choose the number assigned:

1: Desmond
    2: Vernon
    3: Tegan
    4: Phil
    5: Orla

If the wolves choose any one of these numbers aswell they don’t win the gold. After the gold rush, each person confirms if they won or not. Unless there are two wolves in that group it’s hard for them to hide. So at least we know who won the prize and will know who used a prize. They have to use it within 5 hours so it helps keep even a wolf with a gold rush prize on a leash.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    That might actually work, Dessie. Couple of things though:

Who rands the numbers - we don't have any way of confirming they're on the up and up and telling the truth.

The SK can win multiple prizes, wolves can't (well at the moment anyways).

I get the idea behind the strategy though.

That’s prob more to do with who’s gonna be around at the time of the gold rush. I would suggest that nobody uncleared is allowed be number 1 more then once , same with second so wolves can’t regularly strategically vote for number 1 so if their player is number 2 they get the gold.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I'm still not sure I get it but that could be down to the hangover.

That’s prob more to do with who’s gonna be around at the time of the gold rush. I would suggest that nobody uncleared is allowed be number 1 more then once , same with second so wolves can’t regularly strategically vote for number 1 so if their player is number 2 they get the gold.

To take it further though, would it be a better idea to rand an order each time amongst all living players - keeping the idea that - say I get number 1 for the first one, I can't be number 1 again unless I'm cleared.

Etc, etc. That way we'd have control over all numbers to a degree at least?

Maybe I'm overthinking this.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Its flawed. No guarantee a villager will win.

That said I dont have a better idea

I'm still not sure I get it but that could be down to the hangover.

I’m half watching anakin Skywalker about to slaughter a bunch of sand people so I’d be surprised if somebody doesnt point out some flaws I missed.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    To take it further though, would it be a better idea to rand an order each time amongst all living players - keeping the idea that - say I get number 1 for the first one, I can't be number 1 again unless I'm cleared.

Etc, etc. That way we'd have control over all numbers to a degree at least?

Maybe I'm overthinking this.

Yeh that sounds like kind of what I was thinking.
    Orla WW wrote: »

Oh it’s flawed alright , I just think it’s harder for baddies to strategically win the gold and as a village we have more control over who gets it and finding out who has the prize.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

So by unique number do they mean nobody else picked it? My understanding of the game was that the numbers are random? I assumed the mods have a list of random numbers and whoever chooses the lowest one on their list wins no?

Also if we’re doing 5 people with numbers 1-5 why don’t we do it with the first 5 people who posted and have them use that number to pick?

It’s certainly flawed however as at this stage we have no idea who’s wolf or villager and if we change who uses those numbers each day and there is a wolf in the top 5, surely they won’t win another prize the next day so that would be a way to eliminate suspects?

I’m gonna read that about 10 times to get my head around it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Back now Tiger and Pool won, pure magic

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Man didnt know this was kicking off so early and already 50 plis posts and a nice OP to catch up on.

Never seen Deadwood..... but I do like Lovejoy.

Who doesn’t love a bit of Lovejoy

Also Deadwood is the town where the coward Jack McCall shot Wild Bill Hicock in the back when he was holding Aces & 8s and the phrase dead mans hand was coined

If let’s say, we have the first 5 as wolf, villager, villager, villager, villager - there’s only 4 wolfs and if they covered 1-4 and last villlager won, declared and said they were No5, we’d know there was at least a wolf in the other 4 (possibly more but we’d have to allow for wolfs doubling).

Gives the seer something to work with.

Barbara WW wrote: »

Wild Bill Hicock

giphy.gif

Also Deadwood is the town where the coward Jack McCall shot Wild Bill Hicock in the back when he was holding Aces & 8s and the phrase dead mans hand was coined

TNA?

• Advertisement

Hickok maybe!

So the goldrush game. Whoever picks the lowest unique number between 1-20 gets the gold? Is it that simple?

Would 1 be picked by everyone?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Few errors. Second last paragraph should it read “the people” or “these people”. I’ve gone with these.....

Doed/Does D should be S
    Somrthing/Something R should be S
    Watet/Water T should be R
    Eith/With E should be W
    Clesr/Clear S should be A
    This/These I should be EE

Fat fingers on a mobile in a moving car, no hidden meaning

If let’s say, we have the first 5 as wolf, villager, villager, villager, villager - there’s only 4 wolfs and if they covered 1-4 and last villlager won, declared and said they were No5, we’d know there was at least a wolf in the other 4 (possibly more but we’d have to allow for wolfs doubling).

Gives the seer something to work with.

Do we need to let the first group of five go twice? The wolves can only win once, at least then if there was no prize on the second one we know that there’s a wolf in those five

Also should be pick the first five or allow people to nominate themselves. There’s positives to both, I don’t think the wolves would volunteer which would mean we have the access to all the prizes but going with random five might mean we hit on one or more wolves.

I’m more than happy to nominate myself

Ewan WW wrote: »

TNA?

TNA?

Fat fingers on a mobile in a moving car, no hidden meaning

Hope you weren't driving at the time...

giphy.gif

Holly WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

Never seen deadwood so probably the wrong man to answer that but Gerty seems to be in Westworld or at least her head is.

I just love deadwood. Laudium is a favourite if a character, not mine, maybe, and other clues as to eho i am. Narration is just because i love writeng a good story.

I will probably continue until i get voted to die or until I survive :)

Grestest tragedy of the 20th century deadwood being cancelled, luckily ian mcshane revisted his character in american gods.

Do we need to let the first group of five go twice? The wolves can only win once, at least then if there was no prize on the second one we know that there’s a wolf in those five

Also should be pick the first five or allow people to nominate themselves. There’s positives to both, I don’t think the wolves would volunteer which would mean we have the access to all the prizes but going with random five might mean we hit on one or more wolves.

I’m more than happy to nominate myself

Happy to nominate myself too tbh, I think there's more value in assigning all living players a number rather than the first five for total control but whatever, I'll go with the flow

I just love deadwood. Laudium is a favourite if a character, not mine, maybe, and other clues as to eho i am. Narration is just because i love writeng a good story.

Grestest tragedy of the 20th century deadwood being cancelled, luckily ian mcshane revisted his character in american gods.

It's coming back

• Advertisement

My fingers however will always remain fat and thus render me a crap typer on my mobile

Advertisement