Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Truckermal wrote: »

Now Metzgemeister I didn't include 5 acres of Tarmac or a Forest.!

Tarmac to car ratio still not satisfying, but good play with colours.

7.4/10, would look at it again. :pac:

bazz26 wrote: »
    I know these engines are stifled for emissions and power is set within a relatively conservative tolerance level by the manufacturer but I'd still question the longevity of certain original engine components that would be pushed that much up the tolerance scale.

EGTs would be my primary concern, many Fred in the Shed type remappers often aren't overly concerned about the long term effects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

ION08 wrote: »
    The 520d and 525d are most certainly not the same setup!!

A 525d is either a 3.0 litre 6 cyl Turbo Diesel or a 2.0 4 cyl Twin-Turbo diesel - both vastly more different than just "software settings"

This is true in general, but it's worth noting that they're all switching over to twin turbos as more and more models get their technical update (i.e. when the last number in the engine code switches from 0 to 1 - such as B47D20O0 was single turbo, but B47D20O1 is twin turbo).

They're giving them different codes now, so for example the 18d is now B47B while the 20d is B47D (the 25d and six cylinders have not yet received the technical update), so there must still be other differences (e.g. injectors). The 16ds are now B37B instead of B37. The same thing is happening with the petrols - 16i is B38B, 18i is B38C, 20i is B48C and 25i is B48D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

giphy.gif

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Augeo wrote: »
    EGTs would be my primary concern, many Fred in the Shed type remappers often aren't overly concerned about the long term effects :)

Im no pro when it comes to remapping but afaik EGT limits would only be reached on sustained Wide Open Throttle (WOT) ie. driving the stones out of it, at which point the car should self protect and go into Limp mode.

The general consensus online from many tuners seems to be 180bhp and 400nm for a stage 1 so I doubt that 180bhp is risky “fred in the shed” territory.

If youre serious about getting the 316d remapped, speak to a reputable tuner (ie Joe Power) and get their professional opinion on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

[quote="Truckermal;107431831"

Now Metzgemeister I didn't include 5 acres of Tarmac or a Forest.![/quote]

The little light thing looks like the boardsie logo..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

The little light thing looks like the boardsie logo..

That's a LED Floodlight I replaced all the old Energy guzzling ones earlier in the year!

Im no pro when it comes to remapping but afaik EGT limits would only be reached on sustained Wide Open Throttle (WOT) ie. driving the stones out of it, at which point the car should self protect and go into Limp mode.

The general consensus online from many tuners seems to be 180bhp and 400nm for a stage 1 so I doubt that 180bhp is risky “fred in the shed” territory.

Well diesels are effectively unthrottled so the WOT point is anytime that more diesel fuel is being injected relative to what's needed for the air volume available.

Exceeding it used to give loads of black smoke.... in the days of the DPF that tell tail signal isn't available :) it won't put you in limp mode either I imagine.

My Fred in the shed comment wasn't specifically about the BMW option you detail but if the turbo stays the same and the air volume can't change much than to go from 115 to 180 is a serious enough jump brought about just by increased fueling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The 520d and 525d are most certainly not the same setup!!

A 525d is either a 3.0 liter 6 cyl Turbo Diesel or a 2.0 4 cyl Twin-Turbo diesel - both vastly more different than just "software settings"

Yeah of course your right I got my numbers wrong it's the 518 and 520 based on same and 525 and 530 up to 132 that were the same.

My bit of work done today

Before
    20180607_155720.jpg

After
    20180704_185844.jpg

Not a hard job to do in the end the longest part of it was removing the center console trim and box between the armrests to tap into the aux into it for the sound.

An easy upgrade to add sat nav and reverse camera to your setup makes the world of difference to the interior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That looks great, really lifts the interior alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Looks good. Is that one of those AvinUSA type headunits?

I ordered it direct from China as I have seen lot of dogy videos on the build quality with avin usa.

It's the newer 2gb/32gb version works really smooth.

Vide quality not the greatest and there is a protective film on screen but you get a good idea how they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

That completely Transfroms the interior of that car. Fair play

What would really finish it off is to clean off all the fingerprint marks! :-)

Harcrid wrote: »
    What would really finish it off is to clean off all the fingerprint marks! :-)

It still has the factory film over it. I've ordered screen protectors for it.

I mean around the climate controls. :-) Mines the same though, hard to keep it clean.

Harcrid wrote: »
    I mean around the climate controls. :-) Mines the same though, hard to keep it clean.

That bloody yoke cant be kept clean even more so when you have a kid that climbs in and out of car anytime you doing something with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

jayo26 wrote: »
    That bloody yoke cant be kept clean even more so when you have a kid that climbs in and out of car anytime you doing something with it.

You let your kids in your car??

• Advertisement

Jayo that's some job! I was thinking of doing the same in my F30 but I always thought it would be prohibitively expensive :(

Jayo that's some job! I was thinking of doing the same in my F30 but I always thought it would be prohibitively expensive :(

No mate it's nearly the same setup for the f30 mate your replacing the sticky up screen but the hardware and internals are all the same.

The way I seen it is as long as the screen was good quality then it's a no brainer because I couldn't upgrade to a bmw wide screen for anything less then 800 euro and with this in getting android and and navigation and reverse camera all in one.

The screen itself feels really solid like a Samsung tablet quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

No mate it's nearly the same setup for the f30 mate your replacing the sticky up screen but the hardware and internals are all the same.

The way I seen it is as long as the screen was good quality then it's a no brainer because I couldn't upgrade to a bmw wide screen for anything less then 800 euro and with this in getting android and and navigation and reverse camera all in one.

How much for everything do you mind me asking as I looked at a few with the small screen and it was a deal breaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Brilliant job on your BMW with new screen and reverse camera.

I am trying to source android system for my C class 2015 model but no luck. Want something where I could mirror the phone screen. Any ideas?

Does the new screen need coding?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

6 years ago I got this and got it fully resprayed Aegean blue when I bought it. Think it's stood the test of time well!

Pics straight after the work was done here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80781617&postcount=13

I know this wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea!

455029.jpg

455030.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

first ever brand new car. came from an 11 520d to this, A6 black edition. loving it so far

20180704_090123_zps9corowlb.jpg

Truckermal wrote: »
    How much for everything do you mind me asking as I looked at a few with the small screen and it was a deal breaker!

All in it cost me 460 euro after paying import tax and to be honest that's a bargain compare to the bmw equivalent.
    Does the new screen need coding?

No coding needed whatsoever just two fibre wires need to be plugged into the new plug it's really easy to install.

Brilliant job on your BMW with new screen and reverse camera.

I am trying to source android system for my C class 2015 model but no luck. Want something where I could mirror the phone screen. Any ideas?

Does yours have the screen on the dash as if it's just stuck on above the airvents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes, please see this pic.

20170902_163719.jpg
    Does yours have the screen on the dash as if it's just stuck on above the airvents?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement