Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Biggest weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Penfailed

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is there any indication of when the bands will be one? Like fr misty is on at 1 but I'm more worried about beck and the manic street preachers as I can't stay till the end.
    According to Rigsy (BBC Radio Ulster), they're unlikely to announce stage times until the day of the gig :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Penfailed wrote: »
    According to Rigsy (BBC Radio Ulster), they're unlikely to announce stage times until the day of the gig :(

I just hope the manics aren't last!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It won't go past 11 anyway. That's the curfew for the site.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I just hope the manics aren't last!
    It'll be either Beck or Orbital.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

BBC4 listings would suggest that Orbital are last on stage on Friday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6b/2018/05/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Excellent sleuthing SkidX. That's handy, I can leave early so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Finally got my tickets (post to Dublin) this morning - for Friday at least. Hopefully Saturday's come tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

gmisk wrote: »
    Oh cheers for that!
    Are there times for the other stage?

Not at the moment.

• Advertisement

Not at the moment.
    No bother thanks that is very handy, really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Finally got my tickets (post to Dublin) this morning - for Friday at least. Hopefully Saturday's come tomorrow.
    Still no sign of mine for sat. I rang ticketmaster and she said they were dispatching a lot last Thurs. So hopefully they come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

andreac wrote: »
    Still no sign of mine for sat. I rang ticketmaster and she said they were dispatching a lot last Thurs. So hopefully they come soon.

I only got mine for Saturday this morning, the tickets for Friday arrived last week.

Not going to make it up for Saturday, so if anyone (in Dublin) wants 2 for Saturday, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement.

I have no idea how reliable this is -
    33226040_2160101077338779_6225864397621821440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeETqPeDPeWaIqiirmxH_C7m_E7LEwmiiIQskkeVl35Ae-VApIVR-SvMO4dqpEv7nFB077Glhrq2DmdTPxhKUz2ikJeMiX0O6BO4TE9DnILuOQ&oh=b5d19274f2e035c6fa26ca18c9be65b6&oe=5B7E9C7B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Saturday tickets came this morning. Time to get ready to rock :)

Hopefully mine come soon then. Still no sign.

same, crumlin postal area

They arrived there today after I posted this morning.

I've just won tickets to one of the fringe events.  Django Django and Therapy? in The Limelight! :D

I've just won tickets to one of the fringe events. Django Django and Therapy? in The Limelight! :D
    Wow the limelight!
    That takes me back to college in Belfast, a great wee venue!

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I've just won tickets to one of the fringe events.  Django Django and Therapy? in The Limelight! :D
    Wow the limelight!
    That takes me back to college in Belfast, a great wee venue!
    I've been to loads of gigs in the Limelight, from Pop Will Eat Itself in '93 (and Oasis in '94) right up to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Ride this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Phew! Was worried Phoebe Bridgers and Courtney Barnett would clash

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭the_gommes

Delighted with the Saturday schedule, suits me perfectly really! Young fathers -> dream wife -> ash -> superorganism -> 1st aid kit -> Hobbs -> underworld. Cracking lineup!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Father John misty will be finished just as I arrive ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's so warm!

Wouldn't be too gone on it tbh, rip off prices, £2:50 to use ATM (bring cash if coming tomorrow) and the wind is badly affecting sound at main stage. Set up not great either.

Also, £5:20 for a pint of 3.8% Carlsberg *unsatisfied pukeface*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Birneybau wrote: »
    Also, £5:20 for a pint of 3.8% Carlsberg *unsatisfied pukeface*
    the IPA was nice tho.

Sound was better later on. Was down the front for the valley boys and sound was lovely and loud.
    Difference between Beck in Belfast and 3arena was very noticeable.

• Advertisement

Tbh the Manics and Beck pulled it back to very enjoyable. And I'd only seen Beck in 3Arena on Wednesday

Advertisement