Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Biggest weekend

Options
  • 12-02-2018 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭

Thought it would be more difficult to get tickets to this than it was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

They are usually like gold dust....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Got two tickets for Friday and Saturday great lineup and for 40 quid sure can't beat it.
    Booked into titanic premier Inn as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dragonfly! wrote: »
    They are usually like gold dust....

They're normally free thats why, and it's normally only in 1 place

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

gmisk wrote: »
    Got two tickets for Friday and Saturday great lineup and for 40 quid sure can't beat it.
    Booked into titanic premier Inn as well :)

Trying to get people to go. Might just grab 2 sets tomorrow. Feck it!

Mind me asking how much the hotel was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Birneybau wrote: »

Booked mine as soon as it was announced. Friday was quite well priced already i found.

• Advertisement

Got premier Inn in titanic quarter so right beside it so no messing about for 260 (rip off for a premier Inn but worth it for location). I have mates going but they are dragging heals about getting apartment etc so just ploughed on, I'm from north and know how tough it is to get a hotel room at the best of time in a weekwnd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Bizzare, tickets to Friday still available in unreseved pot 3, 18,000 tickets to that lineup in the South would be sold out in a second at 30 euros or double, are people afraid to go to Belfast? Anyways I can't wait. Seeing Beck in 3 Arena then in Belfast 2 days later plus Manics, Breeders and Orbital, pretty much a dream lineup for me I'd pay 100 Euro no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I put the feelers out for tickets as I thought it would be difficult to get some and I knew I couldn't be online on Monday morning. My three sources all ended up buying me two tickets each...I now have six tickets! I only needed two! :eek:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has it been advertised anywhere in the South? I doubt many people even know its on. I didn't before seeing this thread.

When Radio One's Big Weekend came to Derry it sold out instantly, might have been the freebie tickets though!

Bit odd that tickets are still available for both days, Lineup isn't that appealing to the youn'uns I guess.

People with Southern addresses can't buy tickets for it it online. It won't be advertised in the south as BBC are promoting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Peter File wrote: »
    People with Southern addresses can't buy tickets for it it online. It won't be advertised in the south as BBC are promoting it.

I bought online through Ticketmaster, really hope they get delivered as they gave a Republic of Ire option for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Anyone can buy from Pot 3 (15% of tickets)

Yep as I said and tickets still available

Bit odd that tickets are still available for both days, Lineup isn't that appealing to the youn'uns I guess.
    Lets hope so! :D

Just bought 4 (2x2) from Ticketmaster, with delivery to the Republic no bother.

Glad I did! Paid double the price for Beck alone in 3Arena.

Perhaps your thinking of Big Weekend which is limited to local areas?

Tickets on sale atm are for anyone.
    Nope Peter File is right the pot 1 and pot 2 tickets were only for northern ireland people, pot 3 are for anyone.

The tickets will be divided into three ‘pots’:
    1. Pot 1 - 45% of tickets will be reserved for those who live in the areas covered by Belfast City Council.
    2. Pot 2 - 40% of tickets will be reserved for residents living in the rest of Northern Ireland.
    3. Pot 3 - The remaining 15% will be unreserved.

According to the bbc website though the pot 3 tickets arent meant to be on sale until 19th Feb....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5RKZV1zqcrWyBQ3KBm6xYV1/ticket-information-belfast

the Swansea one sold out very quickly not shocking giving the lineup.....but belfast one is much more my cup of tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So whats the actual line up for this, no one talking about the acts appearing at all.

Edit: My bad I just noticed the post before has a link to the line up programme.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Nope Peter File is right the pot 1 and pot 2 tickets were only for northern ireland people, pot 3 are for anyone.

The tickets will be divided into three ‘pots’:
    1. Pot 1 - 45% of tickets will be reserved for those who live in the areas covered by Belfast City Council.
    2. Pot 2 - 40% of tickets will be reserved for residents living in the rest of Northern Ireland.
    3. Pot 3 - The remaining 15% will be unreserved.

According to the bbc website though the pot 3 tickets arent meant to be on sale until 19th Feb....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5RKZV1zqcrWyBQ3KBm6xYV1/ticket-information-belfast

the Swansea one sold out very quickly not shocking giving the lineup.....but belfast one is much more my cup of tea :)
    I took the website at its word. Clearly they changed the address rule. This concert should be also listed in bargain alerts!!

I took the website at its word. Clearly they changed the address rule. This concert should be also listed in bargain alerts!!

As I said previously, paid more for Beck (admittedly with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs) in the 3Arena than both days of this. Almost half the price for the weekend.

Bloke in work bought two tickets last night no problems, address in Dublin.

Below is lineup for Belfast...apparently still more to come.
    "We'll be announcing more artists in the coming weeks!"

BBC Radio 6 Music: Friday 25th May

Beck
    Courtney Barnett
    Manic Street Preachers
    Orbital
    Public Service Broadcasting
    The Breeders

BBC Radio 6 Music: Saturday 26th May

Ash
    First Aid Kit
    Franz Ferdinand
    Goldie - Live
    Little Dragon
    Young Fathers
    Underworld

• Advertisement

Yes, pot 3 are for anyone - that’s what we’re saying!
    Yes...but they arent meant to be on sale yet....

As Per BBC website
    Pots 1 and 2 will be in operation for 7 days from 12th February until midday on Monday 19th February – in the unlikely event that tickets from pots 1 and 2 do not sell out, any unsold tickets will be moved to Pot 3 and put on general sale at this point for anyone to purchase.

Yes...but they arent meant to be on sale yet....

As Per BBC website
    Pots 1 and 2 will be in operation for 7 days from 12th February until midday on Monday 19th February – in the unlikely event that tickets from pots 1 and 2 do not sell out, any unsold tickets will be moved to Pot 3 and put on general sale at this point for anyone to purchase.

True but bloke in work bought them from pot 3 last night and put in his Dublin address no problem.

True but bloke in work bought them from pot 3 last night and put in his Dublin address no problem.

And I bought 4 (2x2) in Dublin via Ticketmaster.ie. But we all know, they were meant to be on sale the 19th but are available, now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Was lucky enough to get to the Big Weekend in 2012 (Hackney) and 2013 (Derry). Always great lineups and no trouble and virtually free of charge. You have to have a delivery address in the local area - but with a southern address at the moment I had no problem getting one for the Belfast Saturday today.

They seem to be running "Big Weekend" simultaneously in four cities this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭SteM

They seem to be running "Big Weekend" simultaneously in four cities this year??

It's the BBC 's solution to Glastonbury's fallow year I read somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

And I bought 4 (2x2) in Dublin via Ticketmaster.ie. But we all know, they were meant to be on sale the 19th but are available, now!

45% of tickets were in pot 1, 40% in pot 2 and 15% in pot 3, all of which went on sale last Monday. Any tickets from pots 1 and 2 that are unsold by tomorrow go into pot 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I just bought two tickets to each day on ticketmaster with a republic of Ireland address. The website doesn't seem to say anything about the pots anymore

More acts added:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2h9gcrbtTWXQf63tz96GxP1/the-biggest-weekend-belfast

Father John Misty
    Touts
    Shame
    The Orielles
    Young Fathers
    David Holmes (dj set)

Bargain of the bloody year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Bargain of the bloody year!

Yes,its unbelievable value for £22.50 a ticket.
    Better lineup than alot of the music festivals in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Delighted to see Phoebe Bridgers and Father John Misty added to the Friday night, amazing value.

Advertisement