Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Game Mod FAQ & Discussion

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Could get his paypal or something and donate something like a yearly subscription? we can prob find out the costs of running something like that and work it out as he might not say. But it's a great idea

I'' emil him and ask for his bank detils

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Tigger wrote: »
    I'' emil him and ask for his bank detils

Some of us don't live in Ireland so can't send money via bank so maybe suggest paypal email or bank deets?

Some of us don't live in Ireland so can't send money via bank so maybe suggest paypal email or bank deets?

i was joking
    i'd say he mght react better to some one else asking lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Tigger wrote: »
    i was joking
    i'd say he mght react better to some one else asking lol

Ah right, I am sure he wouldn't have thought anything of you asking Tigger, it is a nice gesture after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I have some chips too and can contribute to our new communist paradise. I assume the Russian is our leader now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Uriel. wrote:
    I have some chips too and can contribute to our new communist paradise. I assume the Russian is our leader now?

Niet

Gang, in the spirit of helping and stuff, here is a guide i made for the process to change individual permissions after someone dies in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pter wrote: »
    Gang, in the spirit of helping and stuff, here is a guide i made for the process to change individual permissions after someone dies in game.

And for the love of god people - DO NOT tick the 'select all users' button at the end of the game when you need to change a large amount of permissions at the same time. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I just know i'm going to get loads of dodgy emails because of this!

sKeith wrote: »
    I just know i'm going to get loads of dodgy emails because of this!

Whoops fcuk. You know for someone who manages data protection in my job, i am really really crap at respecting privacy here.......

• Advertisement

Fixed it there. Sorry again

Fixed it there. Sorry again

Thank you.

Thank you.

Anyone who saw SKs email, unsee it please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I know in the early days of the new site I changed a lot of people's emails to fake addresses because there's no need for them there. I may do the same again if everyone is OK with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

mines a dummy account that I only use for ww anyway so I don't mind

The email of mine i had in there was a dummy too so it doesnt bother me either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well the downside to that is drumpot forgot his log in details for the site and couldn't reset the account without a proper email.

The current admin can do it for him

I've no problem with us folk who have access to cop having access to my email address (its disposable anyhow) but having it on boards public is slightly different story.
    jayop wrote:
    I changed a lot of people's emails to fake addresses because there's no need for them there.
    And reason I have a real email address in it is so I can get notifications.

I've no problem with us folk who have access to cop having access to my email address (its disposable anyhow) but having it on boards public is slightly different story.

And reason I have a real email address in it is so I can get notifications.

i used a rel mail so i can get notifications or reset my pw
    i dont have a clue what it is its just saved to my devivces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm not expecting this to work

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/sHgiD"><a href="//imgur.com/sHgiD"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edit: How right was I

This is a quick tutorial on creating forums and sub forums for your game and teams on COP

cfCSD0z.png
    Step one is logging into Admin CP, you do this using your usual COP login

cRmBsB2.png
    Here we'll just click "Create New Forum" out left

U8GpMW3.png
    Next the forum name, typically formatted as "Werewolf LXIX - The 69'ing"

1TziV8p.png
    Next, we need to select the Parent Forum (Our forum goes inside the parent)

wzhF56f.png
    We use "General" here

oXF5rY2.png
    Now scroll down and save your forum

OKF3qkl.png
    Doneski. Now we need to add Goodie, Baddie, Dead and Mod Rooms, lets click "Options" beside our new forum to do this

miuzrl9.png
    "Add Child Forum", this will create a new forum inside our forum

d9gQAEm.png
    So we just type the sub-forum name, and ensure the parent forum is our just created forum.

mFt5sZD.png
    Scroll down, and save, and done.

w5vPiab.png
    Next we need to create sub forums inside the Good and, if neccessary, Evil Forums. To do this, click on the Forum, in this case I'll be adding one to the Wolf Room. I'll need one sub forum for each evil team, and one sub forum in the good room for each Good Role requiring a backroom (e.g. if I have a priest and seer I'll need two, with a BG and Vigilante I'd need four).

gxy12cG.png
    From here, we click "Add Child Forum" and work as before, each time ensuring that we select the correct Parent Forum in each case.

Have one on usergroups coming up when I'm arsed, have it recorded just need to structure and add text.

Any requests or comments welcome, let me know if anythings unclear and I'll try to explain a little better

Cdi4XPr.png

First up, click the "Users & Groups" tab at the top of Admin CP

sQ3tq2D.png

Next, "Add New User Group"

4X7Ty8y.png

I'm naming this one "Test Group", but the usergroup is for anyone with their own permissions or subforum. Every roled Goodie and every Evil Team will need their own Usergroup.

LueGcxP.png

Next, lets create some users for these groups (if you want, you can just give people personal access to their forums)

jlskTsh.png

Every user needs a password and email, as its being created by an admin it doesn't need to be a real email address, so for example "scar@disney.ww" would be a valid email for Scars account in the Disney game.

Since this account will belong to a wolf, we'll skip a step and set its Primary User Group to "Wolves" now.

Cajp33b.png

Click "Save User" to ensure they're created.

bcdrQqu.png

Next, we're gonna give two unfortunate players Dead Room access

2g6WgCY.png

Let's search their names

8qTsvwK.png

Click the checkbox next to everyones name you wish to change permissions for, you can search more names without losing old selections.

F8tFBBt.png

Next, click the dropdown box and select "Change User's Usergroup", and then click the "Go" button (Do not collect $200)

OEEospe.png

Here we select which usergroup we want to change them to, in this case its the Dead Room.

0iJ3nSI.png

Make sure to hit "Save Changes", and that's it.

Feedback on each welcome, set them up as single posts so they can be linked to when we eventually get a links superthread

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hmmmm... I always have primary set to registered and then add further user group(s) in additional. Either way is good though tbh.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Hmmmm... I always have primary set to registered and then add further user group(s) in additional. Either way is good though tbh.

I can't imagine it making any difference with disposable accounts tbf

Advertisement