Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Game Mod FAQ & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote: »
    pter, if that dont work, edit permissions for reg'd user and make sure first two boxes are ticked in View section. not just first box. don't really care about attachments.

Both are ticked. No Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Pter wrote: »
    Both are ticked. No Luck.

pter,
    can you see if 'cabots cove' is inheriting from parent? there are two radio buttons, inherit or custom, if inherit is chosen, then whatever is selected in custom won't make any difference. but it means that it is in one of the parent forums where the 2nd checkbox is missing, and not where you are looking.
    Archives › Werewolf XI - Bad Moon Rising › Werewolf XI - Bad Moon Rising > Cabot Cove
    its possible, somewhere along the line the inheritance is broken, which is why 'reset permissions' is not working.

pter,
    can you see if 'cabots cove' is inheriting from parent? there are two radio buttons, inherit or custom, if inherit is chosen, then whatever is selected in custom won't make any difference. but it means that it is in one of the parent forums where the 2nd checkbox is missing, and not where you are looking.
    Archives › Werewolf XI - Bad Moon Rising › Werewolf XI - Bad Moon Rising > Cabot Cove
    its possible, somewhere along the line the inheritance is broken, which is why 'reset permissions' is not working.

Bingo.

Bingo.
    Aye.. great, but thats just cabots cove fixed, if you trace up the way, you'll find the father that is pushing down the missing 2nd checkbox, and open the whole game up.

Im on it im on it! Hold your horses!

• Advertisement

Im on it im on it! Hold your horses!
    lol. no worries, just trying to help.

Yeah bang on and thanks - new trick learned for me anyway!

Should be sorted now.

Yeah bang on and thanks - new trick learned for me anyway!

Should be sorted now.

u de man!

now, ww iii? lmao. kicking that dead horse again *snigger*

Before my time. Whats the story behind that?

It was the same issue in the GoT game. That is now fixed too.

• Advertisement

Excellent, thank u very much for GoT fix. been waiting for thast and thanks button doesn't show my appreciation enuff.

Im really gonna miss being your hero when this game is over sK.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote:
    It was the same issue in the GoT game. That is now fixed too.

You realise for our game you have now just been proposed as the sole authority on room permissions

don't worry, i'll nag somebody else for Nearly headless nicks hangout ;)

Ah flip.

don't worry, i'll nag somebody else for Nearly headless nicks hangout ;)

Good. Because im not fixing it. No way. No how. Not gonna happen.

Fixed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Where's that Inheritor button/box? For interest sake, so I'll know next time, as I was trying to fix the GoT issue for sKeith while I had Admin and couldn't figure it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Can people see the game thread cos I can't

Tigger wrote: »
    Can people see the game thread cos I can't

i can see it now, maybe log out and back in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The Bad Moon Rising game, Tig? I can.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    The Bad Moon Rising game, Tig? I can.

The game thread
    I'll log

Yeah that worked
    He fixed storms end as well I see
    Well done KGB

quickbeam wrote: »
    Where's that Inheritor button/box? For interest sake, so I'll know next time, as I was trying to fix the GoT issue for sKeith while I had Admin and couldn't figure it out.

pter could grab pic from cop, but here is generic
    424625.png

sKeith wrote:
    pter could grab pic from cop, but here is generic

Will do later this evening.

Here you go. Text hard to read, but assuming you are familiar with the admin cp, you can follow the below guide.

Click forums and posts.

Click into the game you want.

Click options beside the child forum you want

Click permissions

The top 2 tick boxes were the ones that were pushing the incorrect settings down onto the threads within the child forum.

424675.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I set up a new server in discord to test out how it would work as a backroom in the event we can't get back into COP. It's probably good for us to have explored a backup in case something changes there anyway as I'm sure Max incurs a cost for hosting the site etc and there's a possibility that won't last forever

If anyone want to take part in testing it's here https://discord.gg/dEuaFG

The invite expires after a day so pm me if you're reading this later than today and want an invite

I set up a new server in discord to test out how it would work as a backroom in the event we can't get back into COP. It's probably good for us to have explored a backup in case something changes there anyway as I'm sure Max incurs a cost for hosting the site etc and there's a possibility that won't last forever

If anyone want to take part in testing it's here https://discord.gg/dEuaFG

The invite expires after a day so pm me if you're reading this later than today and want an invite

That thing Jaylop used in the first games worked fine and I think it's better than discord realm for the complex game we have with people who can be on two or three opposing teams at once
    If Max is taking a hit we should all just throw a few quid at it it hardly likleybto be much
    I'm not suggesting we take ownership off him but it should belong to this community long term so either we cover any cost he's incuring or we host it ourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah I'd have no problem chipping in a few quid towards hosting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jayop wrote:
    Yeah I'd have no problem chipping in a few quid towards hosting.

Me neither I'd definitely contribute if it kept us going. Just don't ask me until Friday week ie payday!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I agree with Tigger too, I'd have no prob chipping in. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Could get his paypal or something and donate something like a yearly subscription? we can prob find out the costs of running something like that and work it out as he might not say. But it's a great idea

Advertisement