Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Game Mod FAQ & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

yeah; cant undo what was done, if people could refraimn from deleting stuff other people did on change of plans without checking in future it would probably be better
    i really wanterd to merge back the accounts to their original posters

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I think thats fair enough, but i dont remember you saying you wanted to do that before you said it this weekend?

Sorry if im wrong on that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

pter, since you still have admin over on cop, can you confirm that we still have the posts for that game and not just the staff room, all i can see is the staff room. hopefully its just a permissions thing that i can't see the rest of the game.

Yep all the posts are there.

I updated the permissions there - will you check again please?

Pter wrote: »
    I think thats fair enough, but i dont remember you saying you wanted to do that before you said it this weekend?

I said it before the game started while we were planning it
    I said it when I did it with Modbot and Tigger I merged them together to make sure everything was fine when it was done

I said it to mammageehad immediately after outer game that I needed access for another day to do it (I said tidying that time ) but the next time I tried to access I was no able to get in so i left it as I didn't want to be pottering round when they were setting up their game

Also I had intended to run another game on change of plans using those names as th me game I had planned needs the versatility that you can only get on change of plans

• Advertisement

Pter: still can't see it,

but thats great news for tigger. I'm sure you can still merge the 'wendy the wench' unregistered user, in the same way as you could 'wendy the wench' registered. or at worst, you would have to recreate the accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I don't remember that being said either or obviously I wouldn't have made a change to the users, and given the game was 4/5 months ago I thought it was safe.

The reason I did is because the list of user accounts was 3/4 pages long and the majority were fake accounts set up for individual games that were not going to be used again. I over wrote some for the community game and deleted others . The list being cluttered the way it was was making the admin of the game clunky.

I can see it

....actually i can't I can see the staff room and the goodie/baddie roooms

sKeith wrote: »

but thats great news for tigger. I'm sure you can still merge the 'wendy the wench' unregistered user, in the same way as you could 'wendy the wench' registered. or at worst, you would have to recreate the accounts.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Tigger wrote: »
    I said it when I did it with Modbot and Tigger I merged them together to make sure everything was fine when it was done

I said it to mammageehad immediately after outer game that I needed access for another day to do it (I said tidying that time ) but the next time I tried to access I was no able to get in so i left it as I didn't want to be pottering round when they were setting up their game

Also I had intended to run another game on change of plans using those names as th me game I had planned needs the versatility that you can only get on change of plans

Can you not just run the game on boards like everyone else? I know it's more work etc but I'm sure you are more than qualified for that.

• Advertisement

Ok sorry i dont remember this from the time.

I think it was an honest mistake and i think we can take the lesson to check first in future?

I can see it

....actually i can't I can see the staff room and the goodie/baddie roooms

Oki, gimme a minute.....

Permissions all look fine.

The main thread was called Cabot Cove and was in the same parent room as the goodie and baddie rooms. I did a parent thread permissions override, so if you can see the baddie and goodie rooms, you should be able to see Cabot Cove.

Ok sorry i dont remember this from the time.

I think it was an honest mistake and i think we can take the lesson to check first in future?

i know it was a mistake
    i simply sugger=sted people ask in future is all

The main thread was called Cabot Cove and was in the same parent room as the goodie and baddie rooms. I did a parent thread permissions override, so if you can see the baddie and goodie rooms, you should be able to see Cabot Cove.

I can see it all

no, once again I take it back! all I can see in cabot cove is the polling station!!

Probably worth having a dedicated thread for requests to the current admins of CoP in this forum?

That way we have line of sight over any requests (such as Tiggers) made to the then mods, and any future mods can check that thread without having to go through 100s of pages of posts / relying on memory.

For example, i have had requests to do bits and pieces by PM, in this thread and on CoP so far. They are all fine, but id be lying if i said i was sure or what i have or havent done. without checking my PMs/notes etc.

Just looking for ways to make the links between CoP and here a little better.

pter, we can see forums but cannot see thread within forums.

updated! see above!!

Can you not just run the game on boards like everyone else? I know it's more work etc but I'm sure you are more than qualified for that.

its not more work its less weork and the game i had planned to run consited of layers where everyone had a backroom account givng a global comms room not just betweenthe baddies but everybody

also andy wanted to use those ccounts again for his gfame

If anyone wants to point me in the right direction....

424588.JPG

424589.JPG

• Advertisement

If anyone wants to point me in the right direction....

424588.JPG

424589.JPG

i've set myself back to regged so i xant help

Permissions for the game forum, polling station and staff room are identical, and i have set SK and TB to regg'ed permissions on their profiles so i at a bit of a loss for the issue........halp!

Created a test account with regg'ed permissions and i see what you are saying.

I dont know if this relates to the usernames being deleted. The posts are still there, i just cant seem to make them visible.

Created a test account with regg'ed permissions and i see what you are saying.

I dont know if this relates to the usernames being deleted. The posts are still there, i just cant seem to make them visible.

I think this is "the storms end paradox!"

Can you not just hit the clear custom permissions for reg'd user in cabots cove?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

its not more work its less weork and the game i had planned to run consited of layers where everyone had a backroom account givng a global comms room not just betweenthe baddies but everybody

also andy wanted to use those ccounts again for his gfame

I was meaning it's more work to use boards and backroom

i know what you ment

tis like arguing over which is better, white wine or red wine. different people have different preferences and will never align. btw, I think beer is betterer.

Can you not just hit the clear custom permissions for reg'd user in cabots cove?

I can but it didnt work.

• Advertisement

pter, if that dont work, edit permissions for reg'd user and make sure first two boxes are ticked in View section. not just first box. don't really care about attachments.

Advertisement