Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

$40 back a $80 stay on booking.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Cheap ass question here, could I book a hotel room for one night four times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Doltanian wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, booked two nights at €50 a night and this will reduce the cost nicely. Make sure to screenshot the entire process along the way incase they'd even try to avoid honouring the cashback.
    It confirms in the confirmation email you will be credited with $40 once you complete your stay. It even tells you same on the final payment page to ensure you give a credit card for the $40 to be credited to. Happy days! Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Are there any signs to say that this deal has applied? I just booked a room and it looked just like a normal booking for the whole process with no mention of a rebate anywhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

11214 wrote: »

For a four night stay? Sure, as long as you check out by 12 every morning and check back in at 2 to a different room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

For a four night stay? Sure, as long as you check out by 12 every morning and check back in at 2 to a different room.

Why does it have to be different room?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Why does it have to be different room?

I've often stayed in hotels and made different bookings via different websites and apps etc. and I was never asked to change rooms.

This year I had one hotel booked in a suite for one night as I wasn't sure but after arriving and liking the place I decided to book additional nights in the standard room and I ended up staying in that suite for the whole week. It helped that the hotel was half empty during low season I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Are there any signs to say that this deal has applied? I just booked a room and it looked just like a normal booking for the whole process with no mention of a rebate anywhere.
    About half way down in your confirmation email, straight under the blue box, it says:
    Your cash reward
    You’ll receive US$40 after you’ve completed your stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

11214 wrote: »

I booked 2 hotels but noticed in my confirmation emails the discount will only apply to one booking. Both bookings met the $80 criteria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Booking.com will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Participant per campaign to count for an Incentive Bonus. Participants may only receive Incentive Bonuses from a maximum of 3 different campaigns per year, including Refer-a-Friend campaigns.

now, where to go is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Rashers72 wrote: »
    About half way down in your confirmation email, straight under the blue box, it says:
    Your cash reward
    You’ll receive US$40 after you’ve completed your stay.

Thanks! I also got an email afterwards confirming the offer applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭nc6000

It's telling me that that the offer can only be used once :

"Oops – it looks like you’ve made several bookings with your special offer. That’s no problem, your bookings won’t be affected. But our special offer is only valid for one booking so you’ll still only receive one cash reward."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

I booked using that link but the banner did not pop up for me this time, I am in Thailand so perhaps that had something to do with it. I wonder is there any chance i might be able to plague them for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I booked using that link but the banner did not pop up for me this time, I am in Thailand so perhaps that had something to do with it. I wonder is there any chance i might be able to plague them for it.
    It didn't show up here either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭mel123

The banner didnt show up for me, does that mean Im not getting the deal?

mel123 wrote: »
    The banner didnt show up for me, does that mean Im not getting the deal?

Just to confirm, clicked the link, no banner showing, but i went ahead and booked a hotel that had free cancellation. I got the confirmation email and no where in it does it mention anything about the deal, so no ive cancelled the hotel.
    Not sure if its expired, or its only available to some people, but just letting everyone know my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Link doesn't work anymore- must have expired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Drives me mad on booking.com *not included, VAT, local taxes etc.
    Just show the full price FFS

Just a little rant :-)

mel123 wrote: »
    Drives me mad on booking.com *not included, VAT, local taxes etc.
    Just show the full price FFS

Just a little rant :-)

I booked a hotel in Italy recently and the occupancy was set to two as per normal, but this was doubling the tax, so if your on your own becareful of that, however the €4 nightly tax was not charged by booking.com after to my card and I'll probably have to pay it upon checkin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,669 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

neither working now for me ... any new ones out there? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

They seem to have reactivated the $40 cashback with $200 spend now.

www.booking.com/club40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,669 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

They seem to have reactivated the $40 cashback with $200 spend now.

www.booking.com/club40

Thats a hefty increase for minimum spend. Rules out the cashback on a single night in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

That link won't open for me, keeps reverting to another booking.com page with no sign of or link to $40 off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Nice one, thanks.

Anybody find any new links lately for the 40/80?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

still waiting on my refund from 10/12/17 sent them 2 emails and no response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Just used it tonight, thanks for the heads up :)

Returned from Seville on the 16th and review the hotel how long does it take to get my reward?

Booking won’t pay out for my both rewards used the same link for 2 hotel rooms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Returned from Seville on the 16th and review the hotel how long does it take to get my reward?

Booking won’t pay out for my both rewards used the same link for 2 hotel rooms

Yeah, they seem to have stopped paying out if you use the link more than once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Do you have to review the hotel to get the reward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

finally got this sorted but only through cs

has this deal expired now ?

mutley18 wrote: »
    Do you have to review the hotel to get the reward?

i didnt, they just automatically gave me the refund after my check out date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Just back from Spain where I booked an apartment using I think this offer, or one of the other similar ones.

Got an email this morning to say they were confirming my stay with the apartment, and payment will be processing, to take 2-30 days.

finally got this sorted but only through cs

has this deal expired now ?
    This link is working i had it up a page back but for some reason it was taken down, it's $40 off $80 stay canadian

https://www.booking.com/index.en-gb.html?label=refer-UmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9Yd7i2Vu0fXohjpi0vgMKJlRV_pAcEliMs0W9mcHoFL9sHImgbtqNow5ujfYSXmaY-g

SORRY looks like it's Expired

srrrr

srrrr

• Advertisement

Thats because it is a Referral link....removed by Boards.ie as against forum rules? As was my previous post which included link.
    If you Google, you will find other similar links...be careful though as I think according to booking.comT&C, you are only allowed use 1 referral link per account in total.
    It might be more advantageous to use another referral link if one had 2 booking.com accounts set up..IYKWIM!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Link for $40 back on $200 spend still valid (Posted by Stevek101)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105702946&postcount=177

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭McBain11

Lads if anyone knows of any booking.com links with a discount code that are still alive, will you throw it up here. Be greatly appreciated :-)

Got sorted for that, no need for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Porridge77

McBain11 wrote:
    Lads if anyone knows of any booking.com links with a discount code that are still alive, will you throw it up here. Be greatly appreciated :-)

Would you mind posting the link you used - thanks.

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Used it for second time for a trip to Munich 2 weeks ago... Was worried it wouldn't work, but got my refund back into my account yesterday. Sweet. Seems to be just referrals now (€15 off or so). Think I'll send a referral to the missus for my next trip!

Mine is for $25 ... approx €20 ... they seem to vary

Anyone have or know a link to get $40 Canadian dollars or US link thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

reminder that referral links or requests for same are not permitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Doltanian wrote: »
    I booked a hotel in Italy recently and the occupancy was set to two as per normal, but this was doubling the tax, so if your on your own becareful of that, however the €4 nightly tax was not charged by booking.com after to my card and I'll probably have to pay it upon checkin.
    Recently came across that in Venice. A circa €3/night tourist tax.

I got my $40 dollar refund today after a stay 2.5 weeks ago. Applied online and left my review. Got €32.85 back as the equivalent of $40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

TheDriver wrote: »
    reminder that referral links or requests for same are not permitted

Why

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement