Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I have installed apps on my SD Card and have films on it too. Didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary. What's happening when you try to install to SD card?

I had tried a few weeks ago, repeatedly trying to 'Move to SD Card' through the apps menu. At the time it failed, every time i tried it and just got a message saying couldn't move apps to SD Card.

Looks like I've been able to move some, maybe a fifth in the last few minutes. Most have the option of 'Move to SD Card' greyed out.

It's not just the apps i want to move, as I dont have that many. There's only 3gb of space left, so want to move movie files onto the SD card. I couldn't do that just by using the phone, it seems like its worked using my PC to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

givyjoe wrote: »
    I had tried a few weeks ago, repeatedly trying to 'Move to SD Card' through the apps menu. At the time it failed, every time i tried it and just got a message saying couldn't move apps to SD Card.

Looks like I've been able to move some, maybe a fifth in the last few minutes. Most have the option of 'Move to SD Card' greyed out.

It's not just the apps i want to move, as I dont have that many. There's only 3gb of space left, so want to move movie files onto the SD card. I couldn't do that just by using the phone, it seems like its worked using my PC to do it.

Could possibly be an issue with the SD Card itself? Have you tried a different SD Card? Some of them can be very dodgy.Other than that, I can't offer any more input,sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Could possibly be an issue with the SD Card itself? Have you tried a different SD Card? Some of them can be very dodgy.Other than that, I can't offer any more input,sorry!

No worries, think I've managed to free up enough space and seem to able to at least copy movie files onto the SC card one by one. That'll do for a stop gap til i get a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

This has probably already been asked, I got my phone approx 12 months ago and for last few days can get no network signal and even added a new sim card today from meteor bit no luck there even though the sim picked up network on other phones.

I have already done a full reset from the settings menu as well..

When I go into mobile networks search I get "error searching for networks"

Any tips on how I can get this back working again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

tommycahir wrote: »
    This has probably already been asked, I got my phone approx 12 months ago and for last few days can get no network signal and even added a new sim card today from meteor bit no luck there even though the sim picked up network on other phones.

I have already done a full reset from the settings menu as well..

When I go into mobile networks search I get "error searching for networks"

Any tips on how I can get this back working again?

Managed to get it back going again by typing *#*#4636#*#* and trying ot turn on radio there, removing the sim card, powering down the phone for a few minutes, and restarting with sim card in , turning on top flight mode for a few minutes and then turning off flight mode.
    it finally picked up a network signal again after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Finally sent the phone off for repair, I had put up with some of the issues for a while but the keyboard was becoming less responsive and it would start vibrating randomly for no apparent reason.

I'll have to wait around a week (if not more) until I hear from them and in the mean time I'm using awful spare phone they gave me.

I'm tempted to go buy the Moto G instead. The VSU6 didn't even last me a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Hi all.. I have Tescomobile plan and data working fine on the phone but can't tether...devices connect to hotspot but can't connect to internet... I'm using chrome. Any suggestions. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Had this issue before on lollipop devices where the tablet doesn't see the connection when tethering from SU6.

Solution: Try renaming your Tethering ID in the settings on your SU6 and changing the password. Restart the "other" devices that you want to connect to and sign in to your new tethering network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Had this issue before on lollipop devices where the tablet doesn't see the connection when tethering from SU6.

Solution: Try renaming your Tethering ID in the settings on your SU6 and changing the password. Restart the "other" devices that you want to connect to and sign in to your new tethering network.
    Thanks eoinfitzokk, i got it sorted...APN type was incorrect. Thanks for posting reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Every time I receive a call, I get a 'missed call' notification afterwards. Is there something I can do to stop this happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

hey, where is the best place to buy this phone? i dont see it for sale on amazon... is it discontinued?.

Is there a version 7?... how does it compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

jobless wrote: »
    hey, where is the best place to buy this phone? i dont see it for sale on amazon... is it discontinued?.

Is there a version 7?... how does it compare?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-ultra-7-pay-as-you-go-black

Not sure if there's a thread on the phone, haven't heard much about it. But if it's anything like the 6 it's very good value for €160

Edit: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99861027

There's the thread, have a read

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is this phone VR compatible?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

As far as I know, neither the 6 nor the 7 has a gyroscope so most VR apps will not work properly.

kerryked wrote: »
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-ultra-7-pay-as-you-go-black

Not sure if there's a thread on the phone, haven't heard much about it. But if it's anything like the 6 it's very good value for €160

Edit: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99861027

There's the thread, have a read

thanks.... yeah missus has the 6.... she loves it.... dont see it for sale anymore :( ... read a comparison and 7 isnt much better than the 6 apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

jobless wrote: »
    thanks.... yeah missus has the 6.... she loves it.... dont see it for sale anymore :( ... read a comparison and 7 isnt much better than the 6 apparently

Could go down the route of ordering the SU6 from ZTE and getting it in from China, have no idea how much it would be or even if the build quality would be the same but it's an option if you really wanted the 6.

kerryked wrote: »
    Could go down the route of ordering the SU6 from ZTE and getting it in from China, have no idea how much it would be or even if the build quality would be the same but it's an option if you really wanted the 6.

interesting...whats ZTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jobless wrote:
    interesting...whats ZTE?

Its the Chinese manufacturer that makes the SU6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Dont buy a Smart Ultra buy a Moto G. Better build quality (Read a few pages back and youll see the SU6 has a shi7 build quality) and you will get software updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

I have this phone for about one year and recently it has reset itself. Sometimes it does not power back up to its original settings and is unresponsive to the power on button....but it does power on when the charger is connected.

I read about a possible Facebook app issue but I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing matches the issues posted in those cases.

I bought the phone in western cellular, and plan to go into them tomorrow. Please post if you've seen this reset issue or know (or suspect)the cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

I'm having a problem with my screen. There is a certain area which doesn't work(about a cm in from the right, that whole section from top to bottom doesn't work) as well as the menu/recent app button having a spasm. Looking online I found it is something to do with screen digitalizer connection's or something.
    Anyone know how I can fix this as it makes the phone unusable. Keyboard, send buttons and general usability greatly effected by the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Hitchens

is there a surefire method of rooting the Smart Ultra 6 in the wild yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Moribund

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with my screen. There is a certain area which doesn't work(about a cm in from the right, that whole section from top to bottom doesn't work) as well as the menu/recent app button having a spasm. Looking online I found it is something to do with screen digitalizer connection's or something.
    Anyone know how I can fix this as it makes the phone unusable. Keyboard, send buttons and general usability greatly effected by the problem
    I (and others) had this problem also. It is a relatively common issue I think. I brought it back into local Vodafone stockiest and they sent off for the screen to be replaced under warranty. Took about a week and they gave me a replacement phone while I was waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Moribund wrote:
    I (and others) had this problem also. It is a relatively common issue I think. I brought it back into local Vodafone stockiest and they sent off for the screen to be replaced under warranty. Took about a week and they gave me a replacement phone while I was waiting.

Do you have to be within one year of purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Moribund

Hi macnug, I was just within the year but as far as I know there is 2 year warranty for this, not sure if it is part or European Fit for purpose legislation but it would be well worth your while checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure if this is the right thread but both me and the missus have the VF Smart Ultra. The weird thing lately is that anything I Google on the laptop is showing up on her phone. Any ideas how this is happening all of a sudden and how to change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

zerks wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread but both me and the missus have the VF Smart Ultra. The weird thing lately is that anything I Google on the laptop is showing up on her phone. Any ideas how this is happening all of a sudden and how to change it?

Your signed into google on her phone or shes signed into google on your laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Your signed into google on her phone or shes signed into google on your laptop.

Don't remember doing it,I think she might have trying to access my Adverts account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

There's a problem with my phone lagging. One time before I had a load of Alarms set and they never went off and when I checked the Phone the big round Clock on the open Screen showed a completely different time to the small digital clock in the top right corner of locking screen. And I'm now just after getting a few messages all together with a time on them for right now but I've a feeling they were sent some time yesterday! What's going on?! It has just updated stuff, how can I check if there's more updates to be done? It usually just prompts for any Apps that need updating and I Update All or whatever. Why is the time going awry like this?!? I kinda need to know correct time of when messages were sent to me in case of an emergency or something! Grrrrrrrr.... :/:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭.red.

I just got fibre installed and when I run a speed test on my SU6 its showing about 16/17mbs. If I run the same test on anything else its showing 35-40mbs. All done wirelessly using ookla speed test.
    Its not really an issue tho as the lower speed is more than enough for anything I use the phone for but thought it was unusual.
    Anyone else notice similar?

Advertisement