Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 3 (Xbox One and Windows 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm on PC, with multi monitors so that everyone gets a full screen to themselves if only they'd fking well support it.

I have literally zero interest in playing it as anything other than a couch game with my friends.

You want one PC to run a AAA title for four people separately? Do any other games support this?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Julez wrote: »
    You want one PC to run a AAA title for four people separately? Do any other games support this?

Yes, I want couch-gaming with my friends. It used to literally be the only reason to own a console for me as it was the one thing they did that a PC didn't.

I can have 4 people playing FIFA, and I'm pretty sure some of the CoD's supported it on PC too (I haven't played one of them in a while). My PC is 10 times more powerful than a 360 or PS3 which all supported these features. I'm even happy to play at 30fps for the sake of these features.

We move up a console gen and this frankly ridiculous pursuit of insane graphical fidelity has clearly ruined some of the most important aspects of gaming for a lot of people. Local multiplayer is and should be a big priority for competitive games. More and more games just ignore it though and it's opened a gap for smaller and more interesting titles to step in.

Gauntlet Legends and Helldivers get regularly played in my flat when friends are visiting and we have a great time with them. Dive Kick gets a great reception too, even with my friends who've never played a game in their life.

Just started on the PR stunts , and rapidly losing patience with them. Especially the drifting ones.

Just can't seem to maintain the drift very long and I lose a lot of momentum too.

Anyone offer advice, I'm trying for the one for 3* in a 2500kg car, I believe it's tuned correctly based on a set up from a video of it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just started on the PR stunts , and rapidly losing patience with them. Especially the drifting ones.

Just can't seem to maintain the drift very long and I lose a lot of momentum too.

Anyone offer advice, I'm trying for the one for 3* in a 2500kg car, I believe it's tuned correctly based on a set up from a video of it :confused:

2500kg - are you trying to drift in a Rolls Royce? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Shiminay wrote: »
    Yes, I want couch-gaming with my friends. It used to literally be the only reason to own a console for me as it was the one thing they did that a PC didn't.

I can have 4 people playing FIFA, and I'm pretty sure some of the CoD's supported it on PC too (I haven't played one of them in a while). My PC is 10 times more powerful than a 360 or PS3 which all supported these features. I'm even happy to play at 30fps for the sake of these features.

We move up a console gen and this frankly ridiculous pursuit of insane graphical fidelity has clearly ruined some of the most important aspects of gaming for a lot of people. Local multiplayer is and should be a big priority for competitive games. More and more games just ignore it though and it's opened a gap for smaller and more interesting titles to step in.

Gauntlet Legends and Helldivers get regularly played in my flat when friends are visiting and we have a great time with them. Dive Kick gets a great reception too, even with my friends who've never played a game in their life.

Ah no, I'm with you, my PC is 11 times more powerful than consoles :P, I love playing with friends together and it's something that just doesn't happen much anymore, especially on PC. But to think that a game would let 4 people have individual monitors while all playing one game (especially a game as demanding as Forza) on one PC even seems a tad optimistic. Split screen sure, but for developers to add what you want alone would never be worth their return on investment.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    2500kg - are you trying to drift in a Rolls Royce? :D

It's an option , using a Ford F150 Raptor though. Why? I hear you ask, theres an achievement for it of course :pac:

It's an option , using a Ford F150 Raptor though. Why? I hear you ask, theres an achievement for it of course :pac:

No Rolls Royce related achievements.

For drifting, it's best to have a front engined rear wheel drive car like a Toyota Supra or an American muscle car that's tail happy like a Chevy Camaro.

When I unlocked the Groove music station a message came up for a free 14 day trial of groove. It works great. 1000's of songs to choose from in the groove app and just add them to a playlist and they play on the station.

Has anyone starting looking for classics in rusty barns yet?

All done, when you get the
    reliant super van
    be sure to make it yellow and
    put the training wheels on it
    :pac:

Finally got the "Throw Your Weight Around" achievement, I'd forgotten to turn off stability control ffs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Brilliant game. Loved FH2 but this is even better. Has anyone played much online yet?

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Brilliant game. Loved FH2 but this is even better. Has anyone played much online yet?

I did. There is a car meet at an airstrip out in the outback, so I raced against some lads on the runway to see how fast my Nissan GT-R would go.

I'll probably do a lot more single player stuff before doing a lot more online stuff.

I did. There is a car meet at an airstrip out in the outback, so I raced against some lads on the runway to see how fast my Nissan GT-R would go.

I'll probably do a lot more single player stuff before doing a lot more online stuff.

Yeah, had a quick go online there, 4 races, bloody brilliant. There are some amazing racers online already of course but great craic.

Yeah, had a quick go online there, 4 races, bloody brilliant. There are some amazing racers online already of course but great craic.

One thing I like about the online races is that they are mixed class cars in them. S class versus A class for example with the A class cars getting a head start as they are less powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

One thing I like about the online races is that they are mixed class cars in them. S class versus A class for example with the A class cars getting a head start as they are less powerful.

how do you race mixed class? Ive mainly been just doing online adventure mode myself

we should get a boards group going

how do you race mixed class? Ive mainly been just doing online adventure mode myself

On the map, there is a 'P' and it's a car meet where you race against or go on a road trip with the online community. You can take a look at other peoples cars there too. As for the races that happen at those meets, you could be driving a Ferrari F50 and someone else is driving a Ford Fiesta.

sounds awesome

Count me in!

jKBCE3D.png?3

jKBCE3D.png?3

Ha check it out when it's all souped up, I managed a 720 front flip in it ...... on purpose oh course :D

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/21966631

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Count me in!

I'd be on for this. Give me a shout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I just didn't want to go to 30 but I might try it. What GPU you running and what detail setting?

I've an R9 390 and it got the worst end of the stick apparently.

There's also been a few crashes for me too :/

1070, all settings on ultra at 60fps and it's running perfectly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

only need to get the last one now. to be honest they're not great, some nice stuff you;d probably never buy, but in terms of usability they're not great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

FFS! Every 12 months Turn 10 appear on my shoulder and tempt me to buy an Xbox, without fail.

I miss Forza. I haven't played it since no. 4 and this looks like a cracking installment.

So should I buy an S or wait and see what the Scorpio brings?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Pac1Man wrote: »
    FFS! Every 12 months Turn 10 appear on my shoulder and tempt me to buy an Xbox, without fail.

I miss Forza. I haven't played it since no. 4 and this looks like a cracking installment.

So should I buy an S or wait and see what the Scorpio brings?

It's a long year's wait :pac:

Maybe pick up a One S for a bargain price next time it comes up such as £199 then trade it in against the Scorpio next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

mossym wrote: »
    1070, all settings on ultra at 60fps and it's running perfectly

I think Nvidia got the better deal in this case alright.

I was getting texture pop-ins, the sky flashing around etc.

My new One S arrived since & I'm now playing it on that, 100% happy :p

only issue im having is weird stuttery shadows, other than that im getting a solid 60fps at 4k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's a long year's wait :pac:

Maybe pick up a One S for a bargain price next time it comes up such as £199 then trade it in against the Scorpio next year?

I was half thinking that myself but just wanted someone else to say it. :D

I might keep an eye on the latest deals.

Ha check it out when it's all souped up, I managed a 720 front flip in it ...... on purpose oh course :D

Driving with stabilisers on then. Hang your head in shame mister.

• Advertisement

Just got a 2012 Nissan GT-R on a vip spin Horizon Edition so gives 50% skill point boost , saw some crazy numbers on a skill song with it :eek:

Advertisement