Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 Episode 8 "No One" - Speculation Thread

Options
  • 05-06-2016 12:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭

See topic; please spoiler anything from interviews, books, trailers etc.

Thread will be unlocked on Sunday evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Preview's up:

Kings Landing - I choose violence
    Brienne acting as go between
    Blackfish sneking out with Brienne
    Sandor hewing necks
    Gregr crushing the faithful
    Arya parkouring from the waif.

Looks good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

As a book reader
    can anyone figure out how the heck she's suppose to survive that gut wound by becoming no one? The only thing coming to mind would be similar to the poison in earlier episodes which did not kill him yet killed someone and that the would is somehow moved over to her antagonist somehow *wave of hands for deux ex solution*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jaime's line about loving Cersei and doing anything to get back to her, taken at face value, is very disappointing. In books he's an incredibly complex character and I hoped that being sent to Riverrun would finally be the beginning of his turn away from her in the show. Maybe it still will be, but it's not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Jaime's line about loving Cersei and doing anything to get back to her, taken at face value, is very disappointing. In books he's an incredibly complex character and I hoped that being sent to Riverrun would finally be the beginning of his turn away from her in the show. Maybe it still will be, but it's not looking good.

Could be a deliberate misdirect. They did it for the episode 6 preview by putting lines in a different order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Possibly (hopefully!), and that's why I made sure to caveat my previous post with "at face value" but I've been bored of Jaime and Cersei for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

i think that brienne will convince the tullys to surrender and they will go and join in the battle for winterfell. i also think that at the end of episode 7 sansa was writing a letter to little finger and he was also join the battle for winterfell (just when it looks like john snow will be beaten)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

That was an odd lapse of concentration from Arya, it goes against all she's learned so far. Her behaviour before that, when talking to that ship's captain, was also too brazen and public for someone who know's she's being hunted by an expert face-changing assassin. So I have a lot of questions about just what happened there.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

bnt wrote: »
    That was an odd lapse of concentration from Arya, it goes against all she's learned so far. Her behaviour before that, when talking to that ship's captain, was also too brazen and public for someone who know's she's being hunted by an expert face-changing assassin. So I have a lot of questions about just what happened there.

Yeah leaning over a bridge wall and staring out to sea seems a bad way to hide and where is needle ? Is it bad writing or part of a ruse ?
    go to 1:45

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Maybe it isn't Arya but Jaqen instead. He told the Waif not to let Arya suffer but she gutted and slashed Arya when she could've slit her throat and finish her.

Another one of Jaqen's peculiar tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

I don't think it was Arya

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Then why the panic stumbling through the streets after getting out of the water? Edit, also when did they wear the face of someone living?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

In S06E06, When The Waif rats on Ayra to Jaqen, She referred to herself as "I" and "Me", when in fact she is No One. When she makes this mistake Jaqen takes note, she no more No One then Ayra is. I think Jaqen is gonna save Ayra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I can see Arya stumbling back into the House of Black and White and drinking some of the water from the pool only for instead of killing her she is cured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I like the idea of that theory so if it is true I really hope they explain it some how and not just throw out a quick line from someone saying "you have been one and the same person this whole time" and leave it at that. Kind of like the Coldhands one line explanation to how he is the way he is.

Don't click the link if you haven't read the books/don't want any book spoilers

Here's where all these news sites are getting the theory from btw https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4luqf8/spoilers_everything_why_arya_and_the_waif_are_the/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Here's where all these news sites are getting the theory from btw https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4luqf8/spoilers_everything_why_arya_and_the_waif_are_the/

Stick Fight Club!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Jaqen: Who made the first rule of the Faceless Men?
    Arya: No one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Is the Arya storyline further on in the books?

• Advertisement

Is the Arya storyline further on in the books?

Nope. Few others still are though. The comments in the link could have anything

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Around 10 secs into the promo the Blackfish is handed a letter.Could it be Sansa's letter asking for his help to retake winterfell?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

As noted here - at the start of the trailer, Ser Robert Strong's armour is clean and shiny, then later in the trailer it's severely banged-up. The pattern of dents looks exactly like those that would be produced by
    Lancel Lannister's
    weapon. I think it's reasonable to expect that this is his last episode. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

bnt wrote: »
    As noted here - at the start of the trailer, Ser Robert Strong's armour is clean and shiny, then later in the trailer it's severely banged-up. The pattern of dents looks exactly like those that would be produced by
    Lancel Lannister's
    weapon. I think it's reasonable to expect that this is his last episode. :eek:
    Do All the Faith Militant not have that weapon though

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

speculative house alliances for the upcoming bastard bowl
    2m6dcse06qab77i6g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Barlett

And who are you the proud lord said, that I must bow so low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Here's some pictures from next week's episode http://watchersonthewall.com/new-photos-game-thrones-season-6-episode-8-no-one/#more-67851there's definitely enough there to whet the appetite without giving too much away. Of course there's fairly speculative pictures so if you avoid the 'next week of GoT' videos then stay avoiding..
    Jaime getting his Tywin on, hopefully he mentally gets his shít together and finally let's Cersei sort her own life out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Do All the Faith Militant not have that weapon though
    They do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Shouldn't the Lannisters be on the side of the Boltons? Wasn't it Joffrey who made Ramsay and official Bolton. They should be listed in the picture under the Bolton side no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The Boltons pretty much bowed out of the alliance with the Lannisters when Ramsey married Sansa but, yeah, I can't see them being on the Stark side. Unless Brienne convinces Jaime it's the honourable thing to do (given his vow to Catelyn Stark).

Advertisement