Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    everlast75 wrote: »
    I read on more than one sight he was off training for a triathlon :-/

I heard triathlon before the fight, food poisoning in Mexico after.

**** knows...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

That was a Dana White lie about the triathlon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    cause diaz was definitely telling the truth about being on the beer solid, take both sides of the story with a pinch of salt and dont believe everything you read on the internet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Depp wrote: »
    cause diaz was definitely telling the truth about being on the beer solid, take both sides of the story with a pinch of salt and dont believe everything you read on the internet! :)

Was there not pictures of Diaz with a beer in his hand on a boat in Mexico though?

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    thats that then! i heard he drank a bottle of tequila to rehydrate aswel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    Hah, fair play to him. I like him even more now!

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Lads if you are going to discuss things that refer to last nights fights use spoiler tags, its not that difficult..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Diaz via Decision
    Still dont see this fight going any other way tbh

It just appears oblivious to a lot of people that Conor's greatest asset (His Power) isn't impressive at welterweight

And as for his those stating that he can ride out the fight and pick Diaz apart....unlikely...Diaz took everything Conor had last time around...and some would say he took it with ease...and that was a unprepared Diaz

This is just a fight he's extremely unlikely to win....and if he loses again his reputation will take a hard hit i think

I dont know why he doesn't do the fight at 145...then move up to 155 irrespective of a result...thats the logical thing

In all honesty he's no business at 170 imo....imagine him fighting Lawler ....it'd be like a lamb to the slaughter

Personally would be hoping to see the Edgar fight...I think that will be entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

pone2012 wrote: »
    Still dont see this fight going any other way tbh

It just appears oblivious to a lot of people that Conor's greatest asset (His Power) isn't impressive at welterweight

And as for his those stating that he can ride out the fight and pick Diaz apart....unlikely...Diaz took everything Conor had last time around...and some would say he took it with ease...and that was a unprepared Diaz

This is just a fight he's extremely unlikely to win....and if he loses again his reputation will take a hard hit i think

I dont know why he doesn't do the fight at 145...then move up to 155 irrespective of a result...thats the logical thing

In all honesty he's no business at 170 imo....imagine him fighting Lawler ....it'd be like a lamb to the slaughter

Personally would be hoping to see the Edgar fight...I think that will be entertaining

I think we will be seeing a very different McGregor. His main problem on that night was his conditioning and he has fired the person responsible for that. If you look purely at the exchanges then he was on top of Nate until he gassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Saipanne wrote: »
    Aldo didn't drop it and he went longer without defending it.

Aldo wasn't fighting in other divisions and crap. Aldo didn't defend because he was injured. Conor is fit and able to fight, either defend your belt or give it up.
    He was just dodging fights with "injuries"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gamebred wrote:
    Diaz had a 12 day training camp,he wasnt in fight shape he was off drinking in mexico on holidays,he will be in much better condition next time.

Bisping was filming a movie, with pics of him scoffing subways the last weeks of shooting and fights 2 weeks later.

Caceras ( spelling) was a late replacement against Miller last night did well.

I don't think it's as big as a deal as some make out. I suppose everyone's mileage varies a bit, but the Diaz bros are exceptionally fit at all times its literally their thing..... That and pot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Or to quote Bruce Lee;

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Diaz via Decision
    WarZ wrote: »
    I think we will be seeing a very different McGregor. His main problem on that night was his conditioning and he has fired the person responsible for that. If you look purely at the exchanges then he was on top of Nate until he gassed.

Look at the stats

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/stats-a-look-at-how-conor-mcgregor-vs-nate-diaz-went-down/68430

Diaz trumped him in everything except legs....hardly on top

I'm not buying that conors loss was Portals fault... Conors loss was Conors fault

He ignored his coaches advice in the corner and underestimated his opponent and overestimated his ability... Even if he didn't do that I still don't see him beating Diaz

Conors a finisher..not a distance fighter imo ... But very few people can finish one of the Diaz brothers they are both tough as steel... Hes a bad matchup for Conor

I just think it's a bad fight ...hes a great featherweight and would probably make a good lightweight.... But hes no welterweight

That's my opinion on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Wetwipe65

Conor can do all the training or cardio work he wants. His chin let him down and you can't train that.. He was rocked from the first clean shot he took

He was out on his feet in fairness really at that stage,his chin has looked granite at 145 I wouldnt go questioning it yet.

Gamebred wrote:
    He was out on his feet in fairness really at that stage,his chin has looked granite at 145 I wouldnt go questioning it yet.

Exactly, at 145.. The clean punch to the chin ended that fight, that's what "gassed him". Remember, Nate Diaz isn't even regarded as powerful, more a volume kinda guy.. Same outcome, same round this time too I think.

Wetwipe65 wrote: »
    Exactly, at 145.. The clean punch to the chin ended that fight, that's what "gassed him". Remember, Nate Diaz isn't even regarded as powerful, more a volume kinda guy.. Same outcome, same round this time too I think.

You dont seriously believe he was fine before that 1-2 landed? c'mon now,I agree he wins again.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote:
    You dont seriously believe he was fine before that 1-2 landed? c'mon now,I agree he wins again.

Not fine, but its not the reason he lost the fight. He couldn't handle Diaz's power. A good clean punch is all it will take again

I hope to be proved wrong.

All this "gassed" talk is awful sh1te, Conor was thoroughly battered, the gas was knocked out of him.

Augeo wrote:
    All this "gassed" talk is awful sh1te, Conor was thoroughly battered, the gas was knocked out of him.

Spot on there lad! He couldn't hurt Diaz with all his power but Diaz rocked him with a good jab.

McGregor via Submission
    Augeo wrote: »

so the multiple power shots he landed in the first didnt tire him at all? underestimated diaz' chin and swung for the fences to try get a highlight reel ko. its that simple, throw that many power punches and youll tire yourself out, dont get how some people cant understand that!

Disagree lads think he punched himself out and was down **** creek that just sealed the deal,weather it was a cardio problem,or just couldnt go the pace with Nate and panicked only he knows either way im not debating all night on ive been over it hundreds of times since,that was also a 12 day nate with no sparring leading up to it in fairness to Nate,

nothing surprises me after the results of late but I'd be pleasantly surprised if he beat Nate.

so the multiple power shots he landed in the first didnt tire him at all? underestimated diaz' chin and swung for the fences to try get a highlight reel ko. its that simple, throw that many power punches and youll tire yourself out, dont get how some people cant understand that!

There is no grey with people when it comes to Conor,its black or white one extreme opinion against an other you'll debate it for hours with people dont waste your time trying to convince people of your view I've learned that from debating mma.

Not looking to debate all night anyway, Just think its a lot more got to do with chin than gas, we will see anyway. I'm not looking forward to this as I was he's last few fights, suppose tis drawn out now and we have 200 to think about.
    .will this be conor first fight as underdog with the bookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Augeo wrote: »
    Wetwipe65 wrote: »
    Spot on there lad! He couldn't hurt Diaz with all his power but Diaz rocked him with a good jab.

Another 2 and a half months of this, followed by another 6 months if he loses again. Jesus wept.

McGregor via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    There is no grey with people when it comes to Conor,its black or white one extreme opinion against an other you'll debate it for hours with people dont waste your time trying to convince people of your view I've learned that from debating mma.

aye it seems that way, hard to understand some of them, dont know wether to think if its plain trolling or extreme stupidity!

• Advertisement

aye it seems that way, hard to understand some of them, dont know wether to think if its plain trolling or extreme stupidity!

Sure that could be applied to your point too.

Conor came out and said he was "in_eff_i_c_ient" with his energy, from there the "he gassed" crap started to flow.

He had a full training camp for a major fight, he was in tip top condition.

Advertisement