Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most Anticipated Records of 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭budgemook

fifth wrote: »
    Listening to it now. It's not a return to the Silent alarm days. Listening to Virtue, The good news and The love within a lot over the past few days.. At first I just couldn't get into it, but it's really growing on me. Worth a listen.

Also looking forward to the new Danger Mouse produced Red hot chili peppers album sometime in April/May, with a possible single in february.

Didn't realise it was out yet, will investigate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

budgemook wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was out yet, will investigate

It was available to stream in it's entirety on youtube for the last week and had an official release today! It's a new direction, new sound, some good stuff on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Man11

Wait for the news guns n roses one !

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Boards of Canada are fiddling with their website again , so maybe that means will get some new music this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vinculus wrote: »
    Boards of Canada are fiddling with their website again , so maybe that means will get some new music this year.

They take longer sabbaticals than Kate Bush, so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

mosstin wrote: »
    They take longer sabbaticals than Kate Bush, so I doubt it.

Tell me about it!

In fairness, they did just release a brand new remix, the first one they've made in a 8 years.
    And Tomorrow Harvest was made nearly there years ago. So they are going through a very productive period at the moment.

Vinculus wrote: »
    Tell me about it!

In fairness, they did just release a brand new remix, the first one they've made in a 8 years.
    And Tomorrow Harvest was made nearly there years ago. So they are going through a very productive period at the moment.

there was 4 years between MHTRTC and Geogaddi, and 3 years then until Campfire Headphase. The big gap before the last album was the exception (did they have kids during that period maybe? - that was one of the reasons for Kate Bush's sabbatical). They work at their own pace, but we can always hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

The Stone Roses, if the rumours are anything to go by.

And if current rumours are anything to go by, a new EP is going to be released tomorrow (March 4th). Nothing has been officially stated, but there's been some cryptic tweeting by certain folk who tweeted in a similar fashion before they announced their summer gigs.

There should be an album this year, either way, and it'll be VERY anticipated!

And if current rumours are anything to go by, a new EP is going to be released tomorrow (March 4th). Nothing has been officially stated, but there's been some cryptic tweeting by certain folk who tweeted in a similar fashion before they announced their summer gigs.

Wow, I really didn't think they'd get it together enough to actually record something (it is over 3 years since they said they were going to do another album). I'd be interested more than optimistic - I really didn't like "The Second Coming" and the Seahorses record was even worse.

If Ian Brown has contributed something this time though it might be worthwhile, he hasn't released any solo stuff since the band reformed, whereas prior to that he was quite prolific.

loyatemu wrote: »
    If Ian Brown has contributed something this time though it might be worthwhile, he hasn't released any solo stuff since the band reformed, whereas prior to that he was quite prolific.

And that's a pretty strong clue as to the album's existence. He'd have definitely released something in the period between 2013 - 2016 if there was no Stone Roses album imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xofpod

That is something to look forward to. The Massive Attack EP - also to be followed up by an album this year (or next year, or whenever) - is also worth a listen

So far no new Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Stone Roses material not being released on time? That can't be right.

It was never confirmed anyway. Internet rumours and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Something is being announced on absolute radio in 15 mins :pac:

jester77 wrote: »
    Something is being announced on absolute radio in 15 mins :pac:

All they announced is that they didn't know anything.

So far, nothing. Latest rumour is that it's just gonna be some live dates.

• Advertisement

Who ever got protomatyr to play here please book these guys<futureofleft> ..seriously forget muse radiohead the pixies arcade fire all well past it..no more heroes anymore

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

4th track released from Yeasayers new album 'Amen & Goodbye'. Really high hopes for this one. Album out 1st April.

Ian Brown has just confirmed the Stone Roses will be releasing material "soon":

http://bcove.me/q1ing2vx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ian Brown has just confirmed the Stone Roses will be releasing material "soon":

http://bcove.me/q1ing2vx

He confirmed something similar back in 1991. I genuinely don't give a toss about them anymore.

Longitude bound leeds band Eagulls follow up their 2014 debut album with ullages May 13 2016.
    Based on the two songs released to date its seems they have left behind the punkier sound that made the debut a treat and heading for a more 'indie goth' sound.

The Avalanches have announced their first album in 16 years and debuted its lead single 'Frankie Sinatra'.

Titled 'Wildflower', the album will be released on July 8 on XL Recordings. "

The Avalanches have announced their first album in 16 years and debuted its lead single 'Frankie Sinatra'.

Wow - I'd almost given up hope of ever seeing another Avalanches record. If it's even 75% as good as their first, it'll be a cracker.

loyatemu wrote: »
    Wow - I'd almost given up hope of ever seeing another Avalanches record. If it's even 75% as good as their first, it'll be a cracker.

Got that tune stuck in my head now for the day..ah frank Sinatra!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Can't wait for this

Advertisement