Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Anticipated Records of 2016

• 28-12-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭mosstin

That time of year I guess. 2015 was a really good year. Would love to see a new LCD Soundsystem record in 2016.
    Also looking forward to new music by The Shins, Spiritualized, Sigur Ros, Beck, PJ Harvey and Radiohead. Shaping up to be a good year. Stereogum article here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hard to look past Radiohead.

Although I'm really looking forward to the new PJ Harvey record too. I had the pleasure of attending the installation where you got to watch her record the album so I feel like the experience won't be fully realised until I get to hear the end product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Looking forward to:
    Chairlift - Moth
    School of Seven Bells - SVIIB

Also the new M83 album is in the works at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

New DIIV album out in February, can't wait!

• +1 to (almost) all of the above.

Am also looking forward to the "difficult second albums" from Savages and Sky Ferreira.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Future of the left planning new album in 2016 the first in 3 years since 2013's How to stop your brain in an accident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Radiohead
    M83
    The Last Shadow Puppets
    James Blake
    Vampire Weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭mosstin

In with a bullet, right to the top of my list is the new LCD Soundsystem album.

The new Wild Nothing album is out in February. The last album Nocturne was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

LCD & Sufjan

( My answer to every question )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The new Wild Nothing album is out in February. The last album Nocturne was great.

Absolutely love 'Nocturne'. First 2 songs from new album available.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    In with a bullet, right to the top of my list is the new LCD Soundsystem album.
    Nice, this was inevitable. Even not surprised the hiatus lasted just 5 years. Bring on the new material and live dates.

Actually, I'm also keen to see what direction the new M83 album goes.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Nice, this was inevitable. Even not surprised the hiatus lasted just 5 years. Bring on the new material and live dates.

Actually, I'm also keen to see what direction the new M83 album goes.

Same. I quite enjoyed the Oblivion soundtrack, though the band hated it apparently. They've not said much about the new album other than that it is completely different to what they've done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

New Suede album 'Night Thoughts' in a couple of weeks. Back on form for their last album Bloodsports and this one is getting even better reviews. Some turnaround for a band who looked down and out after the underwhelming response to 'A New Morning'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The Last Shadow Puppets
    Royal Blood
    Biffy Clyro (if released this year)

Didn't realise Vampire Weekend and The Shins had releases coming out, will be looking forward to them also.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    The Last Shadow Puppets
    Royal Blood

Didn't realise Vampire Weekend and The Shins had releases coming out, will be looking forward to them also.

Thought the last Shins album was awful and really liked the Vampire Weekend album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thought the last Shins album was awful and really liked the Vampire Weekend album.

To be honest, haven't heard too much of The Shins, but I recently got into Broken Bells and loving them, so just interested to see how it'll sound!

To be fair, if there's anything produced by Danger Mouse this year it'll most likely be good :)

sheroman01 wrote: »
    The Last Shadow Puppets
    Royal Blood

Is Vampire Weekend definite this year? I hope it is, loved the last one.

Has anyone heard Chris Baio's solo album? Lead single is great. He is touring that until the middle of the year afaik, and Rostam is off with Charlie XCX (i think?), so I presumed a VW album would be 2017 at the earliest. Hope I'm wrong though!

The Shins album was poor but they have been a consistently good band otherwise, and Broken Bells is excellent, so I'd be hopeful for a return to form!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Joebags

Future of the left planning new album in 2016 the first in 3 years since 2013's How to stop your brain in an accident.

Those boys have some cracking tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Joebags

Dare I say it! Any info on Tool bringing out a new album this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

New Bloc Party album out soon. Hoping for a return to form from them. They're last two weren't great IMO but the first two are great albums.

• Advertisement

Joebags wrote: »
    Dare I say it! Any info on Tool bringing out a new album this year?
    I was just about to add this to the list even if it feels a little out of place here. A new US tour started up a few nights ago and they're playing a new instrumental song.

I've got a good feeling they'll release something by the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Joebags wrote: »
    Those boys have some cracking tunes!

Certainly do ..a gig in Ireland is well over due.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

I believe Teenage Fanclub will have a record out this year. That's all I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

At The Drive-In are releasing new music for the first time in sixteen years. As someone who tends towards the opinion that nothing released since has matched Relationship Of Command, this is extremely good news.

At The Drive-In are releasing new music for the first time in sixteen years. As someone who tends towards the opinion that nothing released since has matched Relationship Of Command, this is extremely good news.
    It's great to see them making new music. I really don't know what to expect from a new album though. Relationship of Command is one of the most important albums of the past 20 years, so the anticipation of a follow-up is going to have expectations set sky high.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

New Tindersticks record soon (this week possibly, there are reviews appearing already).

loyatemu wrote: »
    New Tindersticks record soon (this week possibly, there are reviews appearing already).

Yup. Have ordered a vinyl copy. Each track comes with its own video - so you get the CD and a DVD. Very Tindersticksy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

loyatemu wrote: »

and it's out now: https://open.spotify.com/album/43a09f1pCRs52U98cpbMAi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

There should be a new Frightened Rabbit album out early this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

budgemook wrote: »
    New Bloc Party album out soon. Hoping for a return to form from them. They're last two weren't great IMO but the first two are great albums.

Listening to it now. It's not a return to the Silent alarm days. Listening to Virtue, The good news and The love within a lot over the past few days.. At first I just couldn't get into it, but it's really growing on me. Worth a listen.

Also looking forward to the new Danger Mouse produced Red hot chili peppers album sometime in April/May, with a possible single in february.

Advertisement