Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

moleyv wrote:
    Just on something that has crazy flavour is Hearst Castle by khali vapor.

Actually meant Valley girl. Hearst castle is sort of subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

moleyv wrote: »
    Actually meant Valley girl. Hearst castle is sort of subtle.

Funny one would think it would be Hearst Castle - I've been to the real one and it's a huge monument to one mans wealth and somewhat peculiar taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

What type of flavours do you like, and what do you not like.

Republic of vape have a great way of selecting flavours and seeing your options. You may be limiting your choices with 0mg.

Just on something that has crazy flavour is Hearst Castle by khali vapor.

Also don't associate high cost with high flavour. Some decent cheap options out there too.

Cheers. I guess Im open to flavours that would be fruity, sweet, milky, savoury.
    Most flavours that exclude tobacco and minty stuff.

Republic of vapes site seems to lock up the ipad unfortunately, might give it a go on a desktop tomorrow.

You know I also wondered why people buy such high wattage devices.

I cranked up my Coolfire IV to max wattage just there for the first time - 40 watts on a 0.7 ohm coil and now I can see why, Im getting a much much better flavour!

Now I can see the desire for higher power devices and how it can suck the cash out of your wallet!

8mm wrote:
    Funny one would think it would be Hearst Castle - I've been to the real one and it's a huge monument to one mans wealth and somewhat peculiar taste.

Subtle might be the wrong word, it's quite complex. But doesn't punch you in the face like valley girl.
    Doge wrote:
    Cheers. I guess Im open to flavours that would be fruity, sweet, milky, savoury. Most flavours that exclude tobacco and minty stuff.

One hit wonder gets rave reviews. Mole juice basically do rips of a few of their flavours. Muffin mole (rip of muffin man) is apple and cinnamon. Rocket mole (rip of rocket man) is blueberry yogurt. Both very nice. Some of their other flavours are unexceptional.

Elements is a brand aimed specifically at drippers, never tried it, but supposed to be very good.

Beard vapers gets great reviews, never tried them.

T juice packs a punch. Red astaire being a big favourite. Haven't tried it in ages, must get some.

Bord02 have some nice ones.

Charlie's chalk dust supposed to be decent, not tried them.

Space jam and twelve monkeys were pretty poor from the ones I've tried.

Donut flavours are generally good.

Cosmic fog are a bit hit and miss from what I've tried.

Vintage vapers rooms is another vendor with a nice selection.
    Doge wrote:
    You know I also wondered why people buy such high wattage devices.

Yeah some RTAs\RBAs with huge Clapton coils take a lot to power, but the reward is tremendous. Currently using an ijoy tornado with dual 3mm Clapton coils at around 80w, it is a pleasure. That said, a lot of flavour enthusiasts prefer MTL devices at low enough wattages. The svoemesto kayfun range are supposed to be excellent MTL RTAs. I must try one, it will most likely have to be a clone though as originals are crazy expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So... I've found my ADV... Finally.

Closest till now has been my own DIY with American Red and Gold from Decadent Vapours. Also fond of Gins Addiction but that can be a bit much.

Liqua - Bright Tobacco, it's brilliant. Super subtle with some depth. Tastes almost like unflavoured but with interesting notes. It's super similar to the flavour of SmokeGreen's tobacco from their cig-a-likes, which I always loved the tasted of.

Nice and cheap too. The Best Shop has 30ml for €9 with discounts increasing with quantity. 3 for 8.50, 5 for 8.25, 10 for 8.

Surprised I liked it so much as I couldnt hack their other tobacco's. Hooray.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

I'm ploughing through my second bottle of unicorn cake. Not my favourite juice, but very nice all the same.

Just bought a bottle from TBS. As you said not my favorite but nice all the same. For the price I would say great bargain- I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Witchcraft, now in stock in the Vape Store in Swords, they are building a decent enough selection of juice at this stage and their bricks and mortar markup is nominal, nice guys too.

Apple Pie: Nice, not too sweet, am enjoying it, 80VG 20PG, vapes well in my TFV4
    Forest Fruits: The Forest Fruits is a bit muted in flavour. Apple Pie wins out.

Both €25 for 50ml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Inquitus wrote: »
    Witchcraft, now in stock in the Vape Store in Swords, they are building a decent enough selection of juice at this stage and their bricks and mortar markup is nominal, nice guys too.

Apple Pie: Nice, not too sweet, am enjoying it, 80VG 20PG, vapes well in my TFV4
    Forest Fruits: Not tried it yet will update when I do.

Both €25 for 50ml.

I might get me some of that thar Apple pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Drops of Conquerors Alexander series is a creamy strawberry smoothie accompanied by crispy wafer cookie.

PG/VG 30/70, 30ML, 12mg
    Price €13.50

Price: Average+
    Taste: Unknown
    Cloud: Decent
    Nicotine: STRONG, Satisfies big cravings.
    Throat Hit: Strong
    Vaping Frequency: Low

VG by Simple Honeycomb crunch. A creamy texture followed by a sweet, flavor of sweet honey.

PG/VG 20/80, 15ML, 6MG

Price: Pricey
    Taste: Nice taste nothing special.
    Cloud: Good.
    Nicotine: Mild.
    Throat Hit: Vary Little (On Exhale).
    Vaping Frequency: High.
    ADV Yes/No: No

Element Strawberry

PG/VG 50/50, 10ML, 6MG

Price: Above Average(In a pricey shop)
    Taste: Good subtle strawberry.
    Cloud: Average.
    Nicotine: Decent.
    Throat Hit: High.
    Vaping Frequency: Medium.
    ADV Yes/No: Yes

theecigstore Menthol

PG/VG 70/30, 10ML, 6MG

Price: Average(In a pricey shop)
    Taste: Nice Menthol, Not too overpowering and good pallet cleanser.
    Cloud: Small.
    Nicotine: Satisfying.
    Throat Hit: Medium to High.
    Vaping Frequency: Low, Just using to cleanse pallet.
    ADV Yes/No: Yes to help prevent Olfactory Fatigue

Average Price* = €5 for 10ML just for reference.

• Advertisement

So based on moleyv's recommendations these 2 arrived today.

u7IAzja.jpg

Milk Man by One Hit Wonder:
    Lovely smell of strawberry milkshake from this one similar to the one in MCDonnalds. Excellent vapour production.
    The taste is decent could be stronger, but I've been overwhelemed by Element's Pink Lemonade which totally comprimsed this review!
    I might come back with an update on Milkman later.

Pink Lemonade by Element:
    Smells just like you'd expect, very sweet and citrusy.
    I don't know how artifiicial flavourings work but this even looks like lemon juice in the dripper, has that cloudy look, maybe they're using citric acid or something?
    The vapour production is just as good as Milkman, if not better.
    Dat flavour though! Never expected it to be so strong! Which could be a love it or hate thing for people but hands down th strongest flavour I've ever vaped.
    I have read that you'll go through coils faster with it though.

In fairness both are a big upgrade from the Eco Clouds custard pie I tried before hand.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions moleyv!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

J Mysterio wrote: »
    So... I've found my ADV... Finally.

Closest till now has been my own DIY with American Red and Gold from Decadent Vapours. Also fond of Gins Addiction but that can be a bit much.

Liqua - Bright Tobacco, it's brilliant. Super subtle with some depth. Tastes almost like unflavoured but with interesting notes. It's super similar to the flavour of SmokeGreen's tobacco from their cig-a-likes, which I always loved the tasted of.

Nice and cheap too. The Best Shop has 30ml for €9 with discounts increasing with quantity. 3 for 8.50, 5 for 8.25, 10 for 8.

Surprised I liked it so much as I couldnt hack their other tobacco's. Hooray.

Funnily enough I remember their Turkish tobacco being nice enough which I was very surprised about

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just got myself a bottle of Witch Doctor by Hometown Hero.

Really nice chocolate/tobacco taste.Sounds a bit strange but the taste is really really nice.
    Think Ive found my new all day vape--but at 20 a bottle its expensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

redkid wrote: »
    Funnily enough I remember their Turkish tobacco being nice enough which I was very surprised about

Liqua French Pipe is my ADV. I always have a tank of it on the go. Most days it's the only thing I vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Guys,

After years of nagging from the missus, I've finallly decided to give vaping a go. I've bought a T22 which should be arriving later this week. Any recommendations in terms of shops in Dublin city centre that would be able to guide me on liquids? I am a 20 a day smoker, so I think initially, liquids will be more for cigarette replacement as opposed to flavours, is this makes sense.

Thanks in advance
    Conor.

Guys,

After years of nagging from the missus, I've finallly decided to give vaping a go. I've bought a T22 which should be arriving later this week. Any recommendations in terms of shops in Dublin city centre that would be able to guide me on liquids? I am a 20 a day smoker, so I think initially, liquids will be more for cigarette replacement as opposed to flavours, is this makes sense.

Thanks in advance
    Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Well done in taking the first step for starters. That's the hardest part. Then it's just about finding a set up that you're comfortable with. Is there any vape shops nearby to you? You should head down and explain you're a beginner, and want juices thatwill curb the urges. you're probably looking at 12mg to start, and some tobacco flavours. Plenty of them out there, just find a vape shop where you can sample before you buy.

Well done in taking the first step for starters. That's the hardest part. Then it's just about finding a set up that you're comfortable with. Is there any vape shops nearby to you? You should head down and explain you're a beginner, and want juices thatwill curb the urges. you're probably looking at 12mg to start, and some tobacco flavours. Plenty of them out there, just find a vape shop where you can sample before you buy.

Thanks thecageyone. I work in the city, so the two closest are the one's on Talbot St, Kix and Ecirette. I will drop up to them when it arrives.
    Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

conjon wrote: »
    Thanks thecageyone. I work in the city, so the two closest are the one's on Talbot St, Kix and Ecirette. I will drop up to them when it arrives.
    Conor.

One of them should be able to help you out at least. Most of them will let you try some juices, see what suits you. Bring your device with you when you head in, just to show them what you're going to use, they'll probably fill it up for you if you're buying some juice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

conjon wrote: »
    Guys,

Thanks in advance
    Conor.

Vape Cafe on Capel St. is great for trying different juices. Nice coffee too....

• Advertisement

I've tried a few more of the molejuice range now, and these are the ones I like\dislike.

Muffin Mole: my favourite, apple, little cinnamon. Really packs a flavour punch. An ADV.

Rocket Mole: blueberry yogurt, delicious. Another favourite. An ADV

Mole toast: jam on toast, really flavoursome and as described. An ADV

Pancake Mole: very nice but might need more of a steep, it's very tasty, but a little mild. Hopefully it gets even better.

Key lime cookie: really nice, not an ADV for me as the lime can be a bit harsh on the throat. Great to have a bit of a change through the day. Could be a little more biscuit for me, but it's definitely there.

Black cherry: quite nice, but there are stronger tasting options out there, not for this price though. There was a juice I got from ROV that really hit the mark, so difficult not to compare.

Vanilla custard donuts: quite poor even for a cheap juice. Hard to beat the I love donuts juice for me, big price difference though.

Cinnamon Churros: again quite poor, one of my favourite street foods, it's a basic cinnamon taste, no sugar, no doughy goodness.

Thanks Trond. I don't want to take this thread off topic. Anyway, I was stuck for time yesterday, so went to Talbot St and got some. I wasn't looking but the person in the shop initially tried to fill the tank from the bottom, not the top of the tank as you're meant to. Anyway, I've found the taste to be slightly off. Hard to describe, but not what I was expecting. It's kinda oily. Not too sure if this is down to the way it was initially filled. Anyway, I picked up a couple of smaller bottles of liquid too, so will try one of those over the weekend with a new coil and see if that makes any differences. Certainly, taste wise, it's not what I remember from trying one on holidays. I think that set up for eleaf.

Thanks again, Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Anyone tried pancake man by vape breakfast classics? Verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone tried pancake man by vape breakfast classics? Verdict?

Like it myself, flavours come together pretty well. I probably get the strawberry most and then the maple syrup. Its definitely an ADV nothing too overpowering or sickly.

French dude is pretty tasty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Tried some of these recently

Gypsy Juice Charmed Robbery. Awful,reminds me of the green Fairy liquid in smell and taste,maybe a steep would help but not for me 1/10

Gypsy Juice Tiger's Blood. Very nice, strawberry and coconut flavour is mild but noticeable. 6/10

White Lighting Orange Dream. Ever have vanilla ice cream in a glass topped off with Fanta?this is close to it,as it says,an orange flavour that has a very short aftertaste. Nice to try but not for me. 5/10

White Lighting Super Cereal. My favourite from this range so far,sweet and biscuity, really nice cereal vape and great value. 8/10

jno547 wrote:
    Tried some of these recently

I was wondering if they were any good, at least one of them is very good. Will keep it in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

I was wondering if they were any good, at least one of them is very good. Will keep it in mind.

Yeah it's definitely worth a try,also ordered El Flan and Unicorn Cake,they also seem to be getting good reviews so I'll let you know.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I'm not sure if all the stores are stocking these but Kix have a new range of premium 30ml bottles for €15, I'm vaping one called "Theory Gravity" at the moment. Its a 80/20 Heisenberg type, at 60w in the Cleito its a decent vape.
    They only have evod testers so I'd expect most flavours to be a bit muted. Was about 30 flavours in the new range, not sure I could handle an evod for 30 drags.

Also I'm on Teleos Remixed Chewy as my daily for months now and I'm still loving it. Kicks out nice clouds at higher watts but flavour is decent from low watts. The wife has started mixing some in with her blueberry in an Aspire ET-s and vapes at about 12w, its a decent vape for mtl as the blueberry is 18mg.

And last juice is the best. Dr Bills Cinnatoast Munch. Its similar to chewy but flavour is more intense and clean tasting.
    Still hoping to see a Dr Bill homemade juice flashsale :) My mod shelf is full now, especially with the massive Sigelei 150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

jno547 wrote: »
    Yeah it's definitely worth a try,also ordered El Flan and Unicorn Cake,they also seem to be getting good reviews so I'll let you know.:)

I like unicorn cake, but my two favourites are S.K.Y. and Krem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I like unicorn cake, but my two favourites are S.K.Y. and Krem.

I am sub ohming & I did have 3mg & it wasn't strong enough for me,I'm using Unicorn Cake 6mg,it's nice but still not strong enough,I'm just not getting that throat hit,White lightning only goes up to 6mg so I might try the Gypsy Krem or the Karma at 12mg to see if that brings a smile to my face...:):)

Advertisement