Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Sitcom(s) on TV

• 26-05-2016 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭

I dont quite get the popularity of Mrs Browns boys on TV - tried watching an episode but couldn't even watch til the end I thought it was rubbish, didnt laugh once at any of the jokes - I have laughed more at the dentist when I was having my teeth taken out without anaesthetic :D

I didnt like that outnumbered thing either on the beeb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,351 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The one with Charlie Sheen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Not going out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

How I met your mother (us)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Miranda on bbc1 - pure rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Big Bang Theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Anything American, apart from Seinfeld and Larry Sanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Friends

always baffled by that show popularity

and two and a half men, doesn't even bring a wry smile to my face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Any American Sitcoms are always remarkably unfunny. Friends was good actually first few seasons and Simpsons was excellent for a while if that counts. UK always made the best Sitcoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I dont quite get the popularity of Mrs Browns boys on TV - tried watching an episode but couldn't even watch til the end I thought it was rubbish, didnt laugh once at any of the jokes - I have laughed more at the dentist when I was having my teeth taken out without anaesthetic :D

I didnt like that outnumbered thing either on the beeb

I actually have trouble thinking of a good one.

I think the thing with Mrs B is that the olds absolutely lap it up. So if its on and they're having a good time ... there are worse ways to spend an evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Friends

Just for that Ross character alone. I'd like to put his head in a vice and slowly squeeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anything American, apart from Seinfeld and Larry Sanders.
    Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Any American Sitcoms are always remarkably unfunny.

Apart from the aforementioned Seinfeld and Curb your Enthusiasm, yeah, there's no funny American sitcoms apart from It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Arrested Develpment, Police Squad, Cheers, Fraiser, That 70s Show, Married with Children, Scrubs, The Office, MASH, Parks and Recreation, 3rd Rock from the Sun ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Police Squad was so good it was axed after 6 episodes! Remarkable that they never revived it after Naked Gun became a success.

Brighton Belles (ITV) ITV once knew how to make a good comedy then they forgot and never got the mojo back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Just for that Ross character alone. I'd like to put his head in a vice and slowly squeeze.

Joey was worse. He was kinda okay for the first season or two, but then it got to the point where he shouldn't have actually been allowed outside without a carer because he was so so so so so so dumb. His IQ test would have came back negative. He was a f*cking moron. He was a step beyond "idiot character" and ventured into "will likely be the cause of someone's death because of how stupid he is".

Police Squad was so good it was axed after 6 episodes!

Axing a show in the US is never a sign of a show being poor, look at Two and a Half Men, still going, compared to genuinely good shows that didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, getting axed.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Duggie2012

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Axing a show in the US is never a sign of a show being poor, look at Two and a Half Men, still going, compared to genuinely good shows that didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, getting axed.

Two and a Half Men was funny up to the point that Charlie Sheen left. It should have stopped then. Was awfull after that. Awfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup have to agree with 2 and 1/2 men.
    That music they'd put in to make a point of laugh now always had me think of Roland Rat. He was funnier without as much handholding.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Most sitcoms that do reasonably well nowadays gets pushed to have 100 episodes so they can be sold off for syndication and reruns internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Apart from the aforementioned Seinfeld and Curb your Enthusiasm, yeah, there's no funny American sitcoms apart from It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Arrested Develpment, Police Squad, Cheers, Fraiser, That 70s Show, Married with Children, Scrubs, The Office, MASH, Parks and Recreation, 3rd Rock from the Sun ........

Love Fresh Prince, Archer, Life & Times of Tim and Grounded for Life too (I miss that old channel, trouble).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

Always hated two and a half men. Extremely poor show. Also The Big Bang Theory is awful now, its by no means funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

See Bread is back on our screens somewhere. Never laughed once during it. Birds of a Feather the same.

See Bread is back on our screens somewhere. Never laughed once during it. Birds of a Feather the same.

I know people who loved both. Gimme Gimme Gimme was something I never watched when it first came out, but dropped into it on repeats and found it oddly amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    Two and a Half Men was funny up to the point that Charlie Sheen left. It should have stopped then. Was awfull after that. Awfull.

Look at it without the laugh track, its god awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I know people who loved both. Gimme Gimme Gimme was something I never watched when it first came out, but dropped into it on repeats and found it oddly amusing.

Can't think of her name but the woman in GGG is brilliant, she did a turn on Have I Got News recently and it was brilliant.

There are sitcoms I don't find particularly funny but which I still really like: Dads Army and Last of the Summer Wine would be in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I know humour is subjective and I very rarely watch nevermind like sitcoms but I hate The Big Bang Theory.
    I'm not saying it's the worst though as it's definitely a stepped improvement from the likes of Not Going Out (Lee Mack can't act and it's not anywhere near funny enough to be smirking at your own jokes).

There's a special place in hell for that Irish sitcom from years ago with Ed Byrne, was it called The Cassidy's?
    Better Midler had her own sitcom for a while too, watched it once wondering how long it would take her to sing ... 4 minutes apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Upwardly Mobile
    Leave it to Mrs O'Brien.

No matter how bad Mrs Brown's Boys is it puts those two in the ha'penny place when it comes to entertainment.

Can't think of her name but the woman in GGG is brilliant, she did a turn on Have I Got News recently and it was brilliant.

Kathy Burke, she's a great comedy actress, was on Harry Enfield for a long time, but she could do a pretty good serious part, Nil by Mouth for example.

There are sitcoms I don't find particularly funny but which I still really like: Dads Army and Last of the Summer Wine would be in that category.

Yes, dads army. Most time don't find it funny but good to watch still. I wonder what the film is like, might give it a watch one day.

Anyone watch that sitcom on rte2 with Bernard o Shea and Jennifer McGuire ? Was it any good? I got turned off watching it by their slot on the late late show and the trailers for it so I didn't bother tuning in to watch it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

Two broke girls. How this keeps getting renewed ill never know

Advertisement