Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Sitcom(s) on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Modern Family can't understand how it's so popular, pure sh1te

And as mentioned 2 and a half men with or without CS is nauseating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Never could take to My Family with Robert Lindsay.

Ages ago I remember watching mini series Jake's Progress. I can barely remember it and must see if I can watch it again. Robert Lindsays acting was superb. He's too good an actor for My Family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I can find merit in most things - even in Two and Half Men on a very rare occasion - but Big Bang Theory's popularity I just do not get, at all.

Netflix's The Ranch with Asthton Kutcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Never could take to My Family with Robert Lindsay.

Ages ago I remember watching mini series Jake's Progress. I can barely remember it and must see if I can watch it again. Robert Lindsays acting was superb. He's too good an actor for My Family.

I could never understand what made Robert Lindsay and Zoe Wanamaker agree to star in such rubbish. The money must have been very good.

Lindsay was great in GBH as well as Jake's Progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Robert Lindsay will always be 'Wolfie' to me - Power To The People!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

The Ardal o hanlon one cant think of the name now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

For me:

Utterly Sucks: 2 and a half men, 2 broke girls, The Big Bang Theory, Seinfeld.
    Not Ha Ha Funny but fun to watch: Dad's Army, The Middle, Caroline In The City, Simpsons, Family Guy

I've given up on comedies these days as they're generally hit an miss in the mainstream. US comedies, at least the incredibly popular ones, seem to be very formulaic and safe.

Robert & Zoe made My Family. It's an OK sitcom but they really carried it and turned it into something much better. Lyndsey is a fine actor agreed and so is Zoe.

Robert Lindsay will always be 'Wolfie' to me - Power To The People!! :D

Never heard of it but just googled it and it looks good. I'm gonna watch it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭simone79

Only sitcoms I love are father ted Malcolm in the middle king of queens everybody loves Raymond

• Advertisement

simone79 wrote: »
    Only sitcoms I love are father ted Malcolm in the middle king of queens everybody loves Raymond

The Middle is good too. A bit like Malcolm in the middle. They could almost be another family in the neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SanPel2016

two and a half men the worst hands down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

squonk wrote: »
    For me:

Utterly Sucks: 2 and a half men, 2 broke girls, The Big Bang Theory, Seinfeld.
    Not Ha Ha Funny but fun to watch: Dad's Army, The Middle, Caroline In The City, Simpsons, Family Guy

I've given up on comedies these days as they're generally hit an miss in the mainstream. US comedies, at least the incredibly popular ones, seem to be very formulaic and safe.

Robert & Zoe made My Family. It's an OK sitcom but they really carried it and turned it into something much better. Lyndsey is a fine actor agreed and so is Zoe.

Utterly sucks? Seinfeld? Really? The best ever for me alongside Thick of It and Red Dwarf. All very subjective I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

ofcork wrote: »
    The Ardal o hanlon one cant think of the name now!

My Hero.

That was very embarrassing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Utterly sucks? Seinfeld? Really? The best ever for me alongside Thick of It and Red Dwarf. All very subjective I suppose.

I knew that'd be controversial but, honestly, I just never got the show. I found it very unfunny and, what's worse, it almost stopped me watching Veep as I just associated Julia Louis-Dreyfuss with Elaine from Seinfeld. Glad I took the chance.

Remember that one Gimme Gimme Gimme. I actually never watched tbh but saw a few minutes and wasn't even willing to give it a try at that stage.

squonk wrote: »
    I knew that'd be controversial but, honestly, I just never got the show. I found it very unfunny and, what's worse, it almost stopped me watching Veep as I just associated Julia Louis-Dreyfuss with Elaine from Seinfeld. Glad I took the chance.

Yes, I am considering whether to have you banned now and possibly sectioned too! But seriously, I know lots of people don't get it too, so I dont know really why I love it, but I do. Its not full of jokes, just the characters I guess and how they interact with each other...something like that anyway.

J-L Dreyfuss is utterly brilliant in Veep. I don't think the show is nearly as good as Thick of It, but it's worth watching for her tours de force alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The Big Bang Theory is for stupid people who think they are smart.

It's the lowest common denominator of television. Horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

It's highly rated but I don't find Kimmy Schmidt funny also your man Louis ck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Netflix's The Ranch with Asthton Kutcher.

I will take your ranch and raise you fuller house

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Anything American, apart from Seinfeld and Larry Sanders.
    Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Any American Sitcoms are always remarkably unfunny.

Apart from the aforementioned Seinfeld and Curb your Enthusiasm, yeah, there's no funny American sitcoms apart from It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Arrested Develpment, Police Squad, Cheers, Fraiser, That 70s Show, Married with Children, Scrubs, The Office, MASH, Parks and Recreation, 3rd Rock from the Sun ........
    Some of those shows are downright awful what aspects are funny to you out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Some of those shows are downright awful what aspects are funny to you out of curiosity?

Going out on a limb but I'm going to guess the jokes?

My Hero.

That was very embarrassing alright.

Even O'Hanlon acknowledges it was muck. But the cheques were MASSIVE!

Selfie.

Truly awful sitcom based on Taming of the Shrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

My flatmate loves The Big Band Theory so I've seen a lot of episodes by proxy and it's just dreadful stuff. It just comes off as a poor attempt at copying Frasier's wit and intelligence. Also, my flatmate knows absolutely nothing about sci-fi but still laughs at references the characters make about Star Trek and Star Wars despite not possibly knowing their context - I suspect it is just a case of laughing along with the laugh-track

2 and half
    New girl
    2 broke girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Anything American, apart from Seinfeld and Larry Sanders.

Always found Cheers consistently sharp too.

Larry Sanders is an absolute masterpiece, pity it seems to pass so many people by.

Scrubs was awful too.

Scrubs was great and that's just the janitor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

mansize wrote: »
    How I met your mother (us)

This and Big Bang are on the TV so much, the OH terms them as'How I Banged Your Mother ' :)

Advertisement