Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

april phonecalls/ may intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

takemeaway wrote:
    Failed my medical a couple of weeks ago...heart broken, especially knowing I could have been getting a call.

That's devastating!! Appeal it nai!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 takemeaway

takemeaway wrote:
    Failed my medical a couple of weeks ago...heart broken, especially knowing I could have been getting a call.

That's devastating!! Appeal it nai!

Thanks, my consultant is backing me up so fingers crossed!

How're we all doing folks?
    Not a long time to go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

What intake number are you guys?

No idea, we don't get told.

• Advertisement

No idea, we don't get told.

I don't mean any official number attached to your squad in GV or anything like that, I just mean how many intakes have there been before you, I think it's about 10 but not 100%.

I have no idea, I've never sat down and counted.

No problem :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alleycat123

I'm filling out the human resources section of the booklet we have to bring with us to the induction weekend but not sure about a couple of bits . . . .. . hoping someone can help out . . .
    is the Appointment Date bit under personal details the date of the induction weekend or the date we start in Garnerville?
    and under family/relative details do I need to include my sister/brother in laws and nieces/nephews if I have any or just my immediate family?

It's all getting a little bit real now, handed in my notice at work and trying to see if my partner can get away from work for a quick hol before we start . . . .. exciting times but def a bit scared too!!

I'm filling out the human resources section of the booklet we have to bring with us to the induction weekend but not sure about a couple of bits . . . .. . hoping someone can help out . . .
    is the Appointment Date bit under personal details the date of the induction weekend or the date we start in Garnerville?
    and under family/relative details do I need to include my sister/brother in laws and nieces/nephews if I have any or just my immediate family?

It's all getting a little bit real now, handed in my notice at work and trying to see if my partner can get away from work for a quick hol before we start . . . .. exciting times but def a bit scared too!!

The Appointment date is the May date.

I would include them just to be safe - I included mine, there's no harm, especially as its for the security databases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Haha a wee sneaky holiday. I half considered one myself. Getting all tanned for the marching?? :)

I went may for the start date too. I'm hoping they don't rescind their offer when they see me at induction

No problem :-)
    Besides guessing I'm not sure who would know for sure on this one buddy.

I'd answer if I knew. No surprises that I don't :)

I think I'm sorted for induction. Nowhere near sorted for start date though.

Anyone sitting here cursing their luck they'll miss the euros?? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Definitely holiday time if at all possible.

Definitely holiday time if at all possible.

get the head shaved then?

I had a look through the threads and seen that the first squad received call roughly 9 months ago, so you guys would be 8 or 9 I think (there wasn't a December squad right?)

Cheers though :-)

no mate. I look like a pretty little princess with my flowing locks and innocent smile.

I had a look through the threads and seen that the first squad received call roughly 9 months ago, so you guys would be 8 or 9 I think (there wasn't a December squad right?)

Cheers though :-)
    I would say that estimation looks about spot on. If by December squad you mean starting in December then I am not sure. If you mean calls in December to start January, I am near certain someone I know started around then

• Registered Users Posts: 10 schmeichel

Guys just looking to get all my info in order for induction weekend and also intake day.

Does anyone know if both parts of the driving licence are needed on intake day, or just photo part? I have lost the counterpart and will mean applying for a brand new licence to get the counterpart - I could do without the stress of waiting for this to arrive if possible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Did you plan to go to many of the games? I've tickets for the 3 group games, flights, trains and accommodation sorted, but still waiting on a call myself. Going by the dates and what I've heard, I wouldn't be in the May intake, hoping they are going to have one in July or after. I have a friend however who turned down the job for the Euros, I'm not planning to make that same mistake!

schmeichel wrote:
    Does anyone know if both parts of the driving licence are needed on intake day, or just photo part? I have lost the counterpart and will mean applying for a brand new licence to get the counterpart - I could do without the stress of waiting for this to arrive if possible!

schmeichel wrote:
    Guys just looking to get all my info in order for induction weekend and also intake day.

I think it's just the plastic, I don't see a reason for them to need the paper aswell, (also I've got no idea where mine is either :/)

Remember and get passport photos done if you haven't already done it this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

schmeichel wrote:

schmeichel wrote:

I think it's just the plastic, I don't see a reason for them to need the paper aswell, (also I've got no idea where mine is either :/)

Remember and get passport photos done if you haven't already done it this week!!

You will need paper and plastic part to your license

Poo

Poo

If you don't have it, don't fret. You'll just need to bring it along on your first day of GV.

schmeichel wrote:

schmeichel wrote:

I don't have paper part unfortunately. It takes weeks to send off for one so I'd not have had it in time even if I'd send it off on the say I got a call.

schmeichel wrote:

schmeichel wrote:

Whenever I went into the passport booth to get my passport photos done it shat itself and broke. Does this mean I'm too pretty??

BigTasty wrote: »

Did you plan to go to many of the games? I've tickets for the 3 group games, flights, trains and accommodation sorted, but still waiting on a call myself. Going by the dates and what I've heard, I wouldn't be in the May intake, hoping they are going to have one in July or after. I have a friend however who turned down the job for the Euros, I'm not planning to make that same mistake!

No actually I wasn't going to go to any of them. I just meant it's likely to be quite busy in GV. Might not get the chance to watch any games at all.

And that's mad. But fair play. He has his priorities lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pcpandaman

Hey do we need to bring PE kits or that for tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

OMG GET RID OF THE ABOVE POST!!!!!!! No dates

You only need paperwork and wear a suit

Well, how is hotel GV treating you lot?

We have the induction weekend completed buddy, but not quite in yet. I am happy to say that my fellow squad mates were all dead on and it was a pleasure meeting those that I had the chance to meet. :)
    That in itself sort of puts your mind at ease. Although I fully expect to get hammered from day one by the staff :)

We have the induction weekend completed buddy, but not quite in yet. I am happy to say that my fellow squad mates were all dead on and it was a pleasure meeting those that I had the chance to meet. :)
    That in itself sort of puts your mind at ease. Although I fully expect to get hammered from day one by the staff :)
    I thought you guys were in already! Oh you have a lot to look forward too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Just out of interest, is it all the same faces that you see at you pca and medical etc???

Just out of interest, is it all the same faces that you see at you pca and medical etc???

Some will be, some won't be... Some will be in the squad above/below you and others may not have made it

• Advertisement

Haha, no not quite. I am sure you will be able to tell once I am in, as this place will be filled with sobs from myself due to how freaking hard it is going to be. :)
    Any advices?? lol.
    Also, how is it going for you? Still loving the job?

Haha, no not quite. I am sure you will be able to tell once I am in, as this place will be filled with sobs from myself due to how freaking hard it is going to be. :)
    Any advices?? lol.

The only advice you need is to get your head down and work hard. Take a good sense of humour in with you cause you'll need it. You never know, you may even see me knocking around some evenings as I use the gym there and sometimes us the computers! If I can pass it, anyone can! Just takes the right mindset :)

Any advices?? lol.

The only advice you need is to get your head down and work hard. Take a good sense of humour in with you cause you'll need it. You never know, you may even see me knocking around some evenings as I use the gym there and sometimes us the computers! If I can pass it, anyone can! Just takes the right mindset :)
    Cheers buddy. Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I have a sense of humour all I need to do is look in the mirror each morning ;)

Am I right in saying that it is 5 weeks on Wednesday here that you all got your call?

Am I right in saying that it is 5 weeks on Wednesday here that you all got your call?
    5 weeks next Tuesday buddy

• Advertisement

So it is! For some reason I had in my head yous got the call in the 6th!

So it is! For some reason I had in my head yous got the call in the 6th!
    I think it was 4 weeks from the last set of calls whenever we got ours though. I think (from memory) we were all predicting them to come the week after they did.
    You really cant predict them! :)

Yeah I have in my head it'll be 5 weeks, hoping the it'll be 4. But like you say near impossible to predict, just need to hang tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Yeah I have in my head it'll be 5 weeks, hoping the it'll be 4. But like you say near impossible to predict, just need to hang tight!
    Please god let there be more calls this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lurker101

Let's hope so! The waiting is terrible!

I know! All fingers and toes crossed!

So how are you all feeling?!?! Online done? Nerves setting in yet? Any questions give me a shout. I'll try to answer them as best I can

Mop a top wrote: »
    So how are you all feeling?!?! Online done? Nerves setting in yet? Any questions give me a shout. I'll try to answer them as best I can
    Half looking forward to getting stuck in, half terrified ;)
    I am looking forward to getting stuck in to the physical aspect and the class learning etc but am not looking forward to uniform prep (ironing and the like).
    How are you finding it a few weeks in?

The ironing I have nailed plus unless you've got tattoos on your arms you're starting off in short sleeves. I've got a massive peg to clip my shirt as you'll literally need 3 hands to iron. I'll show you what I mean when you're here. I might be here for your intake day if not I'll see you all the next day your in.

Still loving it. PE is a bit rough on you at the time but buzzing after today's session. Bulling boots takes a bit of practice but everyone is awesome and we've great craic in our classes. Looking forward to not being the junior squad. Your weeks will fly in. Almost 4 done already in the blink of an eye.

Your intake day will totally overwhelm you but seriously play the game and don't take anything personally, yes sir/ma'am/staff, no sir/ma'am/staff! BE A TEAM PLAYER!!!!! Prepare yourself for early mornings, long days and late nights for the first few weeks. We weren't too bad cos we got our **** together as a squad pretty sharp. It's amazing, walking through the doors of GV under that PSNI sign, it's best decision you've ever made in your life. :D

Mop a top wrote: »
    The ironing I have nailed plus unless you've got tattoos on your arms you're starting off in short sleeves. I've got a massive peg to clip my shirt as you'll literally need 3 hands to iron. I'll show you what I mean when you're here. I might be here for your intake day if not I'll see you all the next day your in.

Still loving it. PE is a bit rough on you at the time but buzzing after today's session. Bulling boots takes a bit of practice but everyone is awesome and we've great craic in our classes. Looking forward to not being the junior squad. Your weeks will fly in. Almost 4 done already in the blink of an eye.

Your intake day will totally overwhelm you but seriously play the game and don't take anything personally, yes sir/ma'am/staff, no sir/ma'am/staff! BE A TEAM PLAYER!!!!! Prepare yourself for early mornings, long days and late nights for the first few weeks. We weren't too bad cos we got our **** together as a squad pretty sharp. It's amazing, walking through the doors of GV under that PSNI sign, it's best decision you've ever made in your life. :D
    Eugh! Early mornings and long days whilst trying to take things in during class. All whilst trying to iron and fit in some bench and skwats.

Still, didn't do two years to tap out now :)

I'm all ears for any and all advice on how to struggle through whenever I get in.

I.have a sneaky suspicion we are going to get beasted by the trainers. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement