Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

So I'd use 23ml in a 100 ml mix?

Yes. The bottle will be labelled with "mix at 23%" or whatever percentage applies to that particular mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Depends, they differ. The mothers milk clone is mixed at 23%.

The "Blueberry Cheesecake" tastes of socks....

Milk Man is okay

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

I found with pickamixdiy's mother's milk (recommends 23%) that it was a little bit to strong for my liking, have it at just under 21% and it's gorgeous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Element: Pink Lemonade and Freshly Squeezed. Both really nice flavours, really enjoyed them, only thing is I found they destroyed my coil way faster than usual, anyone else noticed the same with these, it's a real shame as I don't think I could use them on a regular basis due to this. TFV4 with the Quad Coils was what I was using on my RX200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Inquitus wrote:
    Element: Pink Lemonade and Freshly Squeezed. Both really nice flavours, really enjoyed them, only thing is I found they destroyed my coil way faster than usual, anyone else noticed the same with these, it's a real shame as I don't think I could use them on a regular basis due to this. TFV4 with the Quad Coils was what I was using on my RX200.

I've never tried the Element range, but they advertise them of being made especially for use in Drippers.

Those coils should wick it fine though, although might struggle if you are doing some huge chain vapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

moleyv wrote: »
    I've never tried the Element range, but they advertise them of being made especially for use in Drippers.

Those coils should wick it fine though, although might struggle if you are doing some huge chain vapes.

It wicked fine and vaped fine, just seemed to speed up the coil degradation substantially, maybe just gunked it quicker. Will use on a dripper in future, thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Some juices do that because they are over loaded with sweeteners. certain flavourings are known coild gunkers, not a lot you can do really. On a dripper you could re-wick when they get loaded up, and clean your coils. That's why they recommend for that I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Most element stuff wicks absolutely fine but they're jam packed with sweetener so gunk up coils incredibly quickly. Nice flavours, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Im pretty new to vaping. I bought a vape in Blanch for 60 euro and have since realised I was ripped off. So far i have used liquids from vapingdog - virgina and strong tobacco and rusty and one or two from spar shop when I was stuck.
    All the above liquids are 5 euro each and I always feel like I need something more, not getting that throat hit I guess.

I came across this today and thought it's exactly what I need and it's less than what I paid for an Evod twist vape.

Any thoughts on this product? See the video.

Also any thought on the type of coil required, can I buy it anywhere?

http://www.e-shop.ie/eleaf-istick-100w-free-shipping/p928144c40618

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    Im pretty new to vaping. I bought a vape in Blanch for 60 euro and have since realised I was ripped off. So far i have used liquids from vapingdog - virgina and strong tobacco and rusty and one or two from spar shop when I was stuck.
    All the above liquids are 5 euro each and I always feel like I need something more, not getting that throat hit I guess.

I came across this today and thought it's exactly what I need and it's less than what I paid for an Evod twist vape.

Any thoughts on this product? See the video.

Also any thought on the type of coil required, can I buy it anywhere?

http://www.e-shop.ie/eleaf-istick-100w-free-shipping/p928144c40618

I do use eleaf istick 20w,30w,40w & a 50w but I don't own a 100w istick,they were all great isticks.
    Someone who has one will chime in here later to give their opinions.

You mention a coil,but not the type of tank you need for the coil.
    PG & Nicotine will give you the throat hit & depends what tank you have,come back here & tell us what tank you have....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Also remember you'll have to buy at least 2 external batteries to put in the 100w. They can be €10-12 each. Then I would also reccomend an external battery charger... It all adds up. 😠
    It depends on the atomizer you have on top but I would say that an I stick 50w or even 40w would be enough for a newer vaper. Personally I would recommend the 50w as it has internal batteries and you just charge it through usb. Also you'll find that the 100w is quite a big beastie. 50w and below are much more pocket friendly ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

As for mods, if you want a removable battery, the iStick 60w or the iStick Pico might be better for you - 100w is a beast. Otherwise the 30-50w range of iSticks will be where you should be looking if you want an integrated battery.

For throat hit, 18mg/ml (1.8%) nicotine and about 70% pg will likely work. Liqua liquids are 70%pg - e-shop do a good deal on them.

Thanks guys. I can buy the batteries with it and costs 60 euro in total. I'm thinking 100w and I can turn it down for regular use and higher up after a few beers :P
    I like that I could use it while it's charging too. Does a 100w use more liquid?

Also, it's the cheap price that's getting my attention, seems like more for less. A good buy, wouldnt you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Thanks guys. I can buy the batteries with it and costs 60 euro in total. I'm thinking 100w and I can turn it down for regular use and higher up after a few beers :P
    I like that I could use it while it's charging too. Does a 100w use more liquid?

Also, it's the cheap price that's getting my attention, seems like more for less. A good buy, wouldnt you agree?

To be honest, I would lean more towards the 30/40 watt iSticks for now. (Also can be used while charging). As dipstick has said, they are great and also very reliable.

The 100w would be mainly used with lower nicotine and higher VG. (Less throat hit!). In-turn, you would be using more juice due to the higher temperature.

As far as tanks, you can't beat the trusty Nauitlus Mini on top of the iStick. Finally, you will also need replacement coils for the Nautilis Mini which are here.

Thanks again for the feedback. Im thinking I should probably tone it down a bit and go for a 30-40 watt. Cheers for the links. I'm unsure as to how to know whether the tanks and sticks fit together, are they universal? What do i look out for?

Thanks again for the feedback. Im thinking I should probably tone it down a bit and go for a 30-40 watt. Cheers for the links. I'm unsure as to how to know whether the tanks and sticks fit together, are they universal? What do i look out for?

Mostly all connections are called a "510" connection,whereas the battery always have a female stainless steel threading & the atomizer(tank) has a male thread,both these connections (male/female) are called "510"
    Anything other than a 510 connection is an old fashioned connection,hardly ever used.
    There is another type of new vaping that alot of us use & that is called "Temperature Control" (TC)
    You can check out some Youtube video's about TC coils & tanks,might be something you may dabble in later.
    As for now,I would go for the http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/604-eleaf-istick-tc40w-express-kit.html
    This will fit mostly every tank out there & including TC vaping in the future.
    As the mightydrumming said above,an ideal tank would be the Nautilus or Nautilus Mini,the difference between the two is the capacity of eliquid it holds,but both will fit the istick 40w TC I mentioned above,here are the two links....1st one holds 5ml of liquid http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/416-aspire-nautilus.html
    and the second one holds 2 or 3ml of liquid http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/aspire-clearomizers/470-aspire-nautilus-mini.html
    If you go with the Nautilus or Nautilus Mini,get yourself a couple of spare coils at 1.6 ohm http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html

Check out the videos on the links I gave you...
    Also,when you have finished loading your Cart & ready for the Checkout,click on the word Cart,when that page opens,you will see a Code Box,enter "irishvape" and click on Add,this will give you 10% off your Cart.

Regarding another question that you asked,about high wattage & using eliquid,the higher the wattage the more eliquid it will use,depending on what juice you like,it can get expensive when vaping at high wattage's,I normally vape at around 40w to 120w on very low resistance coils,most of us that do vape these high wattage's,we all mix our own eliquid,very cheap to do it this way,that could be something else you could try at a later date.
    Vaping for me,keeps me off the smokes & has become an interesting hobby.

I don't want to confuse you,here is another battery which is just as good as the istick 40w TC but has more power & also comes with a tank that you can vape at higher wattage's,this tank can be used at a later stage when you are used to vaping http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/685-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-kit.html
    I would still recommend the Nautilus's,istick 40w TC or
    iStick Pico 75W Kit.

The Nautilus's will also work on the Pico,there is not much difference in price between the two,the Pico seems to be a better buy as it is TC & comes with a tank.
    The other thing is,the istick 40w TC has a built in battery & the Pico needs one 18650 battery http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/527-samsung-inr-18650-25r-2500mah-30a-battery.html
    If it was me for choice,I do own both,I would buy the Pico,18650 battery & the Nautilus & spare coils.
    Hope this helps you out a bit.

The other good thing about the Pico,it is upgradable,which is a big thing these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Anyone try anything from Gypsy juice or White Lightning at the bestshop? €23 for 120ml seems ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

jno547 wrote: »
    Anyone try anything from Gypsy juice or White Lightning at the bestshop? €23 for 120ml seems ok.

I'm ploughing through my second bottle of unicorn cake. Not my favourite juice, but very nice all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The couple of White Lightning juices I have tried, I really enjoy. Unicorn Cake and El Flan being the two. I keep hearing others mention that S.K.Y is pretty awesome too, though I am not a fan of the flavour profile as far as I recall.

• Advertisement

Have only tried Unicorn Cake and Strawberry Lemonade so far, both lovely. Unicorn Cake isn't one I'd vape every day because I'm not a massive fan of most dessert vapes, but it's gorgeous.

Thanks for all that, Dipstick, a wealth of information that saves me a lot of trial and error.
    Can anyone recommend and good links on preparing your own liquid, anyone tried it and how does it compare to ones you can buy online?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Thanks for all that, Dipstick, a wealth of information that saves me a lot of trial and error.
    Can anyone recommend and good links on preparing your own liquid, anyone tried it and how does it compare to ones you can buy online?

You should be asking the guys in the diy e juice thread. I dabble a little in it but there's some guys there that are really into it.

Here is a few videos to watch to give you an idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVETqD3O0E&index=1&list=PLWk48WC-L4IKb5HJDiJl1q22-f7DhCc_d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RdboUVCROs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnqKrlSgQO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq6uGb6C1Xc

I always use scales,less washing up :D:D

Unicorn Milk clone from Pickandmix,delicious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Bought a Joyetech eGo AIO today

Also purchased a bottle of 2mg Halcyon Haze Sergeant vapour. Delish. Great combo.

Unicorn Milk clone from Pickandmix,delicious. :)

Their Milkman clone is very nice too! Friend dropped over a bottle he made up for me and it's very nice. So nice that the other half is making me buy the concentrate to make him 100ml of it :pac:

Their Milkman clone is very nice too! Friend dropped over a bottle he made up for me and it's very nice. So nice that the other half is making me buy the concentrate to make him 100ml of it

I have that on the list as well, the long, very long and getting longer list.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

What ejuice brands are generally the most favourable on here?

A response from the vapeoholics who have ordered **** loads would be great. :)

I only have tried the Ichorliquids I ordered a while back and Eco Clouds Custard Pie.

The latter is much more flavoursome, the ichorliquids are poor flavourwise tbh - even after steeping, wouldnt buy them again.

Im looking for something high / max VG and no nicotene.

Im curious as to how strong the flavour can be with ejuice as what ive had so far is kinda subtle, maybe I need to start vaping at higher wattages too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Doge wrote:
    What ejuices are generally the most favourable on here?

What type of flavours do you like, and what do you not like.

Republic of vape have a great way of selecting flavours and seeing your options. You may be limiting your choices with 0mg.

Just on something that has crazy flavour is Hearst Castle by khali vapor.

Also don't associate high cost with high flavour. Some decent cheap options out there too.

Advertisement