Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seed and plant swap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭neenam

So I've some Tillandsia usneoides that Id like to send to a good home. I'm on the move and I can only have so many. If anyone's interested give me a shout

Oh yeah and I'm willing to post (based in cork).

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dave4565

Hello i would love to have it as i have some air plants i will cover postage thanks Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Adrianno28

Hi,
    I would love some as well.
    I will cover the cost of your postage too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Adrianno28

I have some Tanacetum parthenium ( feverfew) plants to move if anyone wants some. I can post them. Send me a private message if interested :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanacetum_parthenium

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Anybody splitting snowdrop clumps who would pass some on "in the green"? Would collect and pay within a reasonable distance from Laois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've a variagated phormium that needs dividing if anyone around Dublin wants half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Could I get some ( feverfew off you? D15 area

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ali123

I have a few spare Black cherry tomato plants and lemon chilli plants if anyone's interested. They were all started in January/February and are starting to take off with their second true leaves.

Based in Trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

ali123 wrote: »
    I have a few spare Black cherry tomato plants and lemon chilli plants if anyone's interested. They were all started in January/February and are starting to take off with their second true leaves.

Based in Trim.
    I would love a couple. I can give you fruit bushes or herbs in excgange

Anyone in the galway clare region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Anyone got a glut of skunk cabbage? I have recently discovered that someone came into our garden and dug up snowdrops daffodils and leucojum. Has anyone else experienced this dastardly behaviour?

Paulownia wrote: »
    Anyone got a glut of skunk cabbage? I have recently discovered that someone came into our garden and dug up snowdrops daffodils and leucojum. Has anyone else experienced this dastardly behaviour?
    i did that to my mother in law, only snowdrops and daffodils.. I am dastardly.in fairness they were too close together

melissak wrote: »
    i did that to my mother in law, only snowdrops and daffodils.. I am dastardly.in fairness they were too close together

Presumably she will bring her trowel next time she comes for lunch too

Paulownia wrote: »
    Presumably she will bring her trowel next time she comes for lunch too

Probably..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Appealing for a herb that I used to grow: Salad Burnet

It grew so easily that it flourished in a caked rockery and self-seeded from year to year.
    It has a delicate strand of dark-green leaflets, and the dinkiest little dark red flowers that you ever saw.

Mine disappeared during some rebuilding and I've been looking for seeds or plants to start it again (A very useful little herb it is, too: and very pretty on fish, with a faint taste of cucumber)

Mysteriously, it seems to be unavailable: no seeds, no potted plants, anywhere I've looked.

So, has anybody got some? Even one little plant or a few seeds?

I can't offer much in exchange except loads of goodwill and good karma, and unto half my kingdom in houseplants LOL

Big grin!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Thank you - i have ordered seeds. Though the postage seems very steep, I'm waiting in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Does anyone know where I could get cuttings from a Photinia Red Robin plant. I only want 15 - 20 cuttings and I could swap some strawberry plants if someone wanted them.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

ill take your strawberries for the red robin cuttings

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

I've lots of echium blue steeple they are varying sizes from 1-5ft
    Summer fruiting raspberry canes
    Snapdragon mostly pink/purple
    Purple bearded iris
    Pale yellow Irish primroses
    I'm based in Dublin 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Does anyone in Cork city want lemon balm or garlic? I have about 100 spare garlic plants, no room for them.

Free to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Looking for some Courgette plants in Nenagh area, mine all perished. I have spare plants of tomatoes, chives, cucumber, various brassicas and nasturtiums or am happy for someone to pick through my "seed book" as I have learnt seed doesn't keep great. Thanks Tracy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Not too late to resow courgettes; they will soon catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Hi there,

I'm looking if anyone would have, or know's where I could get via mailorder

dwarf RHODODENDRON "Lemon Dream"?

As every, I appreciate the help

Many thanks

kathleen37 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking if anyone would have, or know's where I could get via mailorder

dwarf RHODODENDRON "Lemon Dream"?

As every, I appreciate the help

Many thanks

There is one called Lemon drop but it's not dwarf, notable for a rather untidy growth habit and the fact that it flowers in spring and again in Autumn .
    I have it, nearly 6 feet tall and very untidy. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to top it in the hope it would bush out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Question regarding hellebores. Garden centres are selling them off cheap as they're looking a bit worse for wear. Will these die off like a perennial but revive then in the spring? I need some cheap plants to fill a long planter but don't want to waste my money if they're just dying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭emo72

Question regarding hellebores. Garden centres are selling them off cheap as they're looking a bit worse for wear. Will these die off like a perennial but revive then in the spring? I need some cheap plants to fill a long planter but don't want to waste my money if they're just dying

They are perennials. They will grow every year.

emo72 wrote: »
    They are perennials. They will grow every year.

I knew it sounded thick when I was typing, just wanted to double check!

On that note, some good bargains b&q/woodies, picked up hellebores for €3 from €16

So I got my cheap hellebores. They are looking a bit worse for wear, should I cut these back completely or just deal with the worse looking leaves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Silver Breeze

This large hebe with purple flowers is wild along the outside of the East Pier in Dun Laoghaire.

Last year, I took cuttings, grew them on and now I have too many plants.

Cuttings have not flowered this year, but will next year.

Free to take in Dun Laoghaire.

Best, Bob

Advertisement