Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Crest of Alpha Lupi Titan Chest Armor 44 Intellect // 43 Discipline 13 SC
    Young Ahamkara's Spine Hunter Gauntlets 30 Discipline // 28 Strength 13 SC
    Heart of the Praxic Fire Warlock Chest Armor 89 Intellect 13 SC
    SUROS Regime Auto Rifle 23 SC
    Legacy Engram Primary Weapon Engram 31 SC

3ofC for me again.

EDIT: He's in The Reef.

A big fat bupkiss there for me. I won't even bother with 3oC. Bought 40 off him last week and still have 34 left. Got a double Exotic 3oC-less drop from Oryx last night: 333 Universal Remote and 3334th Horseman.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

A big fat bupkiss there for me. I won't even bother with 3oC. Bought 40 off him last week and still have 34 left. Got a double Exotic 3oC-less drop from Oryx last night: 333 Universal Remote and 3334th Horseman.

Nothing there for me either, will just get a bunch of 3oC's.
    I am still waiting on a Universal remote (Y2) to drop. I got a 334 red death from Oryx last night; that prompted me to shard my old red death. Turns out that I had 3 red deaths in the vault...along with:
    Hereafter x 2
    Telesto x 3
    Jade Rabbit x 2
    Patience & Time x 2
    Queensbreaker bow x 2
    Zhalo x 3

And I'm wondering why I keep running out of vault space!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,012 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think Zen Meteor is the only one I am waiting on to drop - not that I will ever use it if I do get it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah I got a double exotic drop from Oryx last night too........ Did you drop the hand on him aswell?? :mad:

Got a 334 Mida and a 335 Eternal Warrior Helm.

The only possible engram that can drop for me is the Jade Rabbit for my year 2 collection.

Last year 2 exotic weapons left to get are:

Jade Rabit
    Tlaloc
    Ace of Spades
    No Time to Explain

92 Strange Coins but they will all go on 3oC for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Zen Meteor is such an amazing looking gun - it's a shame the perks aren't very useful.

On the one hand, it would be great if the dynamite perk triggered on crit hits (not kills) - but I don't want to see another sniper final-round fiasco in Trials...

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    And I'm wondering why I keep running out of vault space!

I was just looking through my vault, I still have Y1 Hawkmoon and TLW - even though I have at least 2 Y2 versions of each...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Zen Meteor is such an amazing looking gun - it's a shame the perks aren't very useful.

On the one hand, it would be great if the dynamite perk triggered on crit hits (not kills) - but I don't want to see another sniper final-round fiasco in Trials...

Zen Meteor I find works very well in the NF/Strikes where you have a few ads you can take out then pop your final round on the boss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

FYI: I've noticed Rolling Exotics that you infused can sometimes result in VASTLY increased Base Stats

For Example, I brought the Armenatarium to like 333 (from 318 or so) and had (I think) 95 or so base stats (something like 30 and 65 spread)

Now it's like 61 INT 71 DIS (132 base stats total) after I re-rolled it with Glass Needles (was trying to get increased armour with Arc based subclass)

It took a further 8 Glass Needles for me to get this, and every single roll was ~130 in total stats (but with differing spreads), so ALL of them were above the original 95-100

FYI: I've noticed Rolling Exotics that you infused can sometimes result in VASTLY increased Base Stats

For Example, I brought the Armenatarium to like 333 (from 318 or so) and had (I think) 95 or so base stats (something like 30 and 65 spread)

Now it's like 61 INT 71 DIS (132 base stats total) after I re-rolled it with Glass Needles (was trying to get increased armour with Arc based subclass)

It took a further 8 Glass Needles for me to get this, and every single roll was ~130 in total stats (but with differing spreads), so ALL of them were above the original 95-100

FWIW: I also did something very similar with an Exotic that Dropped at 330+ (Think it was a Warlock one) and it was say ~115 (with Nodes Unlocked). After rolling with Glass Needles it was ~130+

Don't underestimate Glass Needles:

If nothing else they are great for getting INT/DIS or DIS/STR splits you want AND getting "Increased armour when using X based Subclass" on Chests and a LOT Of the Chest Armour pieces are Subclass Aligned (HotPF, Armentarium etc)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah I got a double exotic drop from Oryx last night too........ Did you drop the hand on him aswell?? :mad:

Got a 334 Mida and a 335 Eternal Warrior Helm.

The only possible engram that can drop for me is the Jade Rabbit for my year 2 collection.

Last year 2 exotic weapons left to get are:

Jade Rabit
    Tlaloc
    Ace of Spades
    No Time to Explain

92 Strange Coins but they will all go on 3oC for me :D
    you probably already know, but Jade Rabbit is the only one you can get from 3oC - Tlaloc and Ace of Spades are class specific exotics gained through the gunsmith and No Time to Explain is gained through one of the dailies (can't remember the name) like Black Spindle.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »

IF you reroll with glass needles does it reset the exp of the item? (ie. is it best to use on a new exotic?)

you probably already know, but Jade Rabbit is the only one you can get from 3oC - Tlaloc and Ace of Spades are class specific exotics gained through the gunsmith and No Time to Explain is gained through one of the dailies (can't remember the name) like Black Spindle.

Yup im well aware of that, I have the NTTE quest started so have to run VoG to continue that and I'm just starting the 2 others on the other Chars :D

Once i complete my collection I will take a few days of a break from destiny at least till I clear some of my backlog.

IF you reroll with glass needles does it reset the exp of the item? (ie. is it best to use on a new exotic?)

No, it does not, all nodes are unlocked and filled/paid for.

It does cost an Exotic Shard to re-roll fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Do you hate RNG or does it hate you? You're very anti-3oC's :p
    I think Zen Meteor is the only one I am waiting on to drop - not that I will ever use it if I do get it!

Disappointing weapon. Think I've fired it about as much as the Hereafter.

PetKing wrote: »
    Do you hate RNG or does it hate you? You're very anti-3oC's :p

Ah I was all over them when they released. But from there my entusiasm dropped faster than the Exotic Engrams. When I was paying attention to the ratio it was like 1:17 for me. Really bad luck. I'm at the stage now where I'll pick some up every few weeks, but I can never remember to actually use them. They're just not a part of my Destiny Conscience as I use them so infrequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Some instances, like KF pre bosses and the central area when the thralls attack in ingrained into me to use 3oC's. The crucible is not though. Genuinely, I stuck a post it on the TV for Iron Banner to remind myself to pop them.

Some instances, like KF pre bosses and the central area when the thralls attack in ingrained into me to use 3oC's. The crucible is not though. Genuinely, I stuck a post it on the TV for Iron Banner to remind myself to pop them.

Ah now when you have to leave notes for yourself then your not doing it right :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah now when you have to leave notes for yourself then your not doing it right :P

67526879.jpg

I will be sure to visit Xur this weekend,have been sorely missing 3ofC for the last couple of weeks...think of all those year 2 Gallys I have missed out on.

Name Type Stats Cost
    Twilight Garrison Titan Chest Armor 45 Intellect // 48 Strength 13 SC
    Achlyophage Symbiote Hunter Helmet 56 Intellect 13 SC
    THE STAG Warlock Helmet 31 Intellect // 34 Strength 13 SC
    Super Good Advice Machine Gun 23 SC
    Legacy Engram Helmet Engram 29 SC

• Advertisement

Must buy more 3oC. Used a full 13 on Tuesday night. Got shag all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

He's in the tower beside the crucible vendors this week btw.

Must buy more 3oC. Used a full 13 on Tuesday night. Got shag all. :rolleyes:

I got two exotics offf the shade last night.

Both heavy.
    Both Dragons Breath.

RNG me hole.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bah, nothing really good. Looks like it's a load of 3oC for me this week.

I've actually got 111 Strange Coins... I'm not sure how that's happened but I'll be stocking up on 3oC this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I've actually got 111 Strange Coins... I'm not sure how that's happened but I'll be stocking up on 3oC this weekend.

On each character? What with regular drops, cryptarch, rank ups, possible weekly and nf rewards, I'm swimming in them and have been for quite some time.

dudeeile wrote: »
    On each character? What with regular drops, cryptarch, rank ups, possible weekly and nf rewards, I'm swimming in them and have been for quite some time.

I think he means total. He's been hanging around the tower with his hat on the ground playing his ukulele, hoping some kind Stranger walks by and tosses him one.

"Please sir, spare a Strange Coin for the unfortunate???"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Proletarian wastrel.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »

Well look at you with all your strange coins you p................ :pac:

You still havent shined my shoes boy :P

Advertisement