Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    Fixed!

Hey, he hasnt gone near my playsation in months :P all the d2 stats are me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

what is it with this game and dragging you back in?? was thinking I cant wait to get home and play some FF9 now all I want to do is login and buy a grenade launcher that I know I wont even use...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

• Sweet Business
    • Raiden Flux
    • Doom Fang Pauldron
    • Winter's Guile

• Registered Users Posts: 45,019 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xur brings with him Sweet Business and Winters Guile this week.

Sweet Business is a weapon I have wanted since Beta - so looking forward to trying it out.
    Winters Guile is apparently super fun as a voidlock. With devour it can make you an unkillable melee killing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Xur brings with him Sweet Business and Winters Guile this week.

Sweet Business is a weapon I have wanted since Beta - so looking forward to trying it out.
    Winters Guile is apparently super fun as a voidlock. With devour it can make you an unkillable melee killing machine.

Same here!! I’ve got everything else multiple times, except for that sweet sweet business! Zur is useful again!! For me any way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Are Winter's Guile the punchy punchy gloves? If so I have them and haven't even equipped them although I had infused them to 305 on hearing of their awesomeness.

Xur's been a largely redundant character for me in D2 thanks to the abundant ways you can get exotics to drop. He was a major influence on my young characters in D1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Meh, I already have my sweet business so hes useless this week :P

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Are Winter's Guile the punchy punchy gloves? If so I have them and haven't even equipped them although I had infused them to 305 on hearing of their awesomeness.

Xur's been a largely redundant character for me in D2 thanks to the abundant ways you can get exotics to drop. He was a major influence on my young characters in D1.

I don't find exotic drops abundent at all. Just my own RNG experiences. Have not got an exotic drop from the last 20+ public events, no drop better than a blue from Cayde staches in the last 3 weeks. One exotic from the last 4 raids. May have got a repeat exotic or two from milestones over the last 2 weeks.

Haven't had a 'new' exotic drop since week 3 or so - everything has been a duplicate of a previous drop or duplicate of a mission reward/xur purchase.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't be the only one who says Sweet Business in Luke Cage's voice.

I don't find exotic drops abundent at all. Just my own RNG experiences. Have not got an exotic drop from the last 20+ public events, no drop better than a blue from Cayde staches in the last 3 weeks. One exotic from the last 4 raids. May have got a repeat exotic or two from milestones over the last 2 weeks.

Haven't had a 'new' exotic drop since week 3 or so - everything has been a duplicate of a previous drop or duplicate of a mission reward/xur purchase.

I ground the hell out of public events early on like really really. Have got a good few from clan and powerful engrams. Public Events still drop regularly enough for me when I do them but I think I have most of them at this point. Think I bought one thing from Xur which was the knucklehead radar which subsequently dropped a few days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who says Sweet Business in Luke Cage's voice.

sweet-christmas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My past 3/4 exotics from public events have been those ones where you rock up to see the ultra dying, pop one shot and get to feast on the heroic goodies. I usually grab the loot and flee. I totally didn't deserve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Exotic Item Class Power Level Cost
    D.A.R.C.I. Sniper Rifle 270 (265+5 Legendary Mod) x29 Legendary Shards
    Knucklehead Radar Hunter Helmet 270 (265+5 Legendary Mod) x23 Legendary Shards
    Actium War Rig Titan Chest Armour 270 (265+5 Legendary Mod) x23 Legendary Shards
    Eye of Another World Warlock Helmet 270 (265+5 Legendary Mod) x23 Legendary Shards

Nothing for me this week.
    Next WANT is the Tractor Cannon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Love running that titan chest and rocking 2 autos, it's insane the amount of dps you can put out with sweet business.

Graviton Lance Pulse Rifle
    Young Ahamkara's Spine Hunter Gauntlets
    Mask of the Quiet One Titan Helmet
    Nezarec's Sin Warlock Helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The Graviton Lance was my first exotic (from the main story quest reward choice). It looks and sounds great, and I reeeaallly tried to like it but ultimately it's not a great pulse-rifle, only worth getting if you have shards to burn imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    The Graviton Lance was my first exotic (from the main story quest reward choice). It looks and sounds great, and I reeeaallly tried to like it but ultimately it's not a great pulse-rifle, only worth getting if you have shards to burn imho.

lets be honest, I hardly play the game and I have shards to burn....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

_CreeD_ wrote: »

Stats are a total lie on it too. Should have excellent stability but it bounces all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

SeanHarty wrote: »
    lets be honest, I hardly play the game and I have shards to burn....

Very true. That power doldrum at 260 is a killer, and makes most loot and rewards utterly pointless beyond it's worth as components, legendaries are only worth the shards they bring in and there are so many that they're becoming worthless themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Xur this week

The Prospector
    Foetracer
    An Insurmountable Skullfort
    Eye of Another World

No idea what he has in d1

• Advertisement

Just got the prospector this week. Put it straight in the vault, never used €35KG ono

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

And up my shards pile even more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Xur is a joke might aswell remove him from the game at this stage....same ****e every 2 weeks more or less.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Xur is a joke might aswell remove him from the game at this stage....same ****e every 2 weeks more or less.

With the way the game is designed, he just doesn't have a place anymore.

Its not even like when we could only purchase via Strange Coins, which had some level of difficulty of getting - so that buying something might mean a decision of what to buy.

Nope, now we have more legendary shards than we could ever be bothered to spend and odds are Xur is gonna try to sell us something we have already received 15 duplicates of. Meh.

And the problem with him is one of Bungies making.

Could have made the mod system a lot better - and a function of that could have been Xur selling Mods that offered something.
    Could have put less emphasis on Microtransactions and have Xur sell rare (and I mean rare in terms of hard to come by, not in game quality spec) Shaders, or Transmat effects.

I'm sure there are loads of ways that Bungie could change the game to make it better (more rolls per gun) and have Xur as a function of that system that makes him somewhat important, but as it is - the game design just doesn't allow Xur to be of use after the first month or so - and I don't think that is just for the 'hardcore' either. I would imagine even 'casual' players outlive him fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its amazing how they make the same mistakes over and over again and not expect any negative reaction, players are dropping like flies and they are sitting there scratching their balls thinking whats going on!!!!

If they dont get the DLC somewhat going in the right direction they be fooked!

Advertisement