Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

It lasted about a week and was the most feeble attempt to broach their backward stance on homosexuality. I recall show producers even apologising to the conservative fanbase , for the kiss. It was literally just a peck on the lips for 2 seconds! Also because she was gay, Joey was portrayed as this outsider, almost wierd individual. Re Christopher it was just heavily implied that he had an interest in Seb but I dont recall any revelations as to his sexuality. Shannon and Mandy may as well have been just friends or sisters with what we seen onscreen! Even when she stayed in Mandys caravan she slept in a different bed!!! I think there may have been a kiss but it was cut out after contreversy and the story just seemed to have lots of gaps missing.
    Mandy was a writer and bthats why Shannon admired her so much.

H & A is touted as extremely homophobic by gay rights lobbys in Australia which are an extremely minute minority. People say Ireland was conservative up to a decade ago, Australia is twenty times worse.

I think the gay kiss in 2006 was Matilda seeing a guy she had a crush on have a kiss with a guy from a long distance away on the beach

Christopher was definitely gay,I remember Pippa telling Irene when they returned for Sally's wedding and Nick,who lived with Irene,was paranoid that he was coming onto him! Pretty sure he tried to kiss Seb too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

MelanieC wrote: »
    Christopher was definitely gay,I remember Pippa telling Irene when they returned for Sally's wedding and Nick,who lived with Irene,was paranoid that he was coming onto him! Pretty sure he tried to kiss Seb too.

yeah i think he leaned towards him alright, but generally he just creeped around Seb and I think Nick tried to question him about it.
    Pippa told Irene that she thinks Christopher was CONFUSED!
    It was another case of making someone gay seem like an outsider and the whole thing was defining him by his sexuality!

didnt Hayley and Shana kiss...............

oh wait, that was just a dream

Ricky!
    Seriously, picking Nate over Brax?
    Never!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ricky!
    Seriously, picking Nate over Brax?
    Never!!!!
    Agreed.
    Although Nate is easy on the eye, his character is so boring. Ricky just walks all over him.
    Brax is/was such a great character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,715 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brax was best with Charlie

I really want Ash to get with Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Although Nate is easy on the eye, his character is so boring. Ricky just walks all over him.
    Brax is/was such a great character.

I actually think Nate can be quite an Asshole, he didn't treat Kat or his ex wife very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

fin12 wrote: »
    I actually think Nate can be quite an Asshole, he didn't treat Kat or his ex wife very well.

Hes like a spolt child, going off in a huff all the time. Loved Brax and Charlie together

fin12 wrote: »

Yes he drove his wife paranoid crazy over Hannah and then he and her never properly got together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

It's a soap but that Nick is the biggest pain in the hole I've ever seen on there.

He fecked over his ex wife
    He fecked over the cop Kat I think her name is

Completely messed them around and ****ed with their heads.

Yet he goes around telling everyone how to conduct their own personal relationships with people like trying to tell Chris he should talk to Hannah, how no one has hit him a slap in the mouth when he tells them their business I'll never know.

Hannah is the exact same actually, advising everyone and yet has ruined Chris and Andy with all her carry on

God I've been building that hate up with a while :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

A school gym and college campus-budget must have increased a lot lately.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm catching up with some episodes. The cops have just found
    Irene
    's DNA at Charlotte's murder scene.

Can anyone jog my memory as to why the police would have had
    Irene
    's DNA on file? Was she arrested before? Can't for the life of me remember....

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

toadfly wrote: »
    Hes like a spolt child, going off in a huff all the time. Loved Brax and Charlie together

I love all these Nate hate posts! Can't bear him...talk about being insecure. Freaking out over the toy car was a bit much. She definitely should have gone with brax!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm catching up with some episodes. The cops have just found
    Irene
    's DNA at Charlotte's murder scene.

Can anyone jog my memory as to why the police would have had
    Irene
    's DNA on file? Was she arrested before? Can't for the life of me remember....

Sure Irene did a stint in jail and all. Can't remember what for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Irene was arrested on suspicion of murdering her former partner, I think he died on a boat? Can't remember if she was framed or if she just didn't have an alibi but she was eventually cleared.
    Edit: his name was Lou and yes he died at sea; here's the long version:
    She got herself a new love interest in local supplier Lou DeBono after he helped her in the kitchen during Colleen’s speed dating event and later bombarded her with flowers. Flattered by his attentions she agreed to a date but was intimidated by the thought of going the opera and cancelled the date after her dress split. Lou later talked to her and they shared fish and chips on the Pier but she was upset again when he offered her wine. She managed to avoid drinking any but at their next date she wasn’t so lucky and when Lou inquired as to what was wrong, she told him the truth about her alcoholic past. Lou though told her he thought she was remarkable and wanted to keep seeing her.
    Their next date was to Lou’s yacht club but Irene was left humiliated when Lou abandoned her and she was set up by his wife Donna, despite him having told her he was divorced. He explained that they were as good as divorced but that Donna was being stubborn over the settlement but Irene had had enough and called time on the relationship. Lou though wasn’t willing to give up and showed her his boat, asking to take her away for a few weeks. With the support of her family and friends Irene agreed to take the trip.

When Angelo was called out to investigate a drifting boat, he was on the receiving end of a gun firing shots which injured an officer. Making his way onto the boat, he was shocked to see Irene on board and wielding a gun. He arrested her and during interview she explained that Lou had gone missing in the middle of the night and that she was terrified and had started drinking again. Angelo locked her up for shooting a police officer but when evidence was found suggesting Lou had died, Irene was charged with his murder.
    In prison Irene was taunted into drinking and fell further into depression when Lou’s body was found.**She was released when Angelo found evidence someone else was on the boat but continued drinking on her return to the Bay. When Annie poured away a bottle of booze, Irene slapped her, horrifying them both. Belle took her to an alcoholics anonymous meeting and she gradually rebuilt her relationship with her foster children. She was shocked when Donna was arrested after the murder weapon was found in her house. Having inherited Lou’s prawn trawler on his death, she ended up employing Aden and Geoff to run it after the previous captain, Gibbsey, was revealed to be an abalone poacher.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

dee_mc wrote: »
    Irene was arrested on suspicion of murdering her former partner, I think he died on a boat? Can't remember if she was framed or if she just didn't have an alibi but she was eventually cleared.

Ah, I remember that now. In the episode after big-captain-tough-cop mentioned she'd been charged for murder twice.

Can I just say the following:

1) I absolutely friggin' love the way Kyle says "What?!" when he's shocked by a statement (see Tuesday's episode when Phoebe tells him Ash wasn't with her all night).

2) Kyle is just brilliant. Responding to Josh's "What can I do to make it up to [Ricky]", with "Stop being such a tool?" was just genius.

3) Alf's most common phrase must be "Oi! What the flamin' hell's going on here!" as he runs to break up a fight on the beach.

One more observation:

Jesus Christ, John spent so long saying goodbye to Skye, did he even ring Jett to let him know he was going to Italy? :pac:

There is a dark time ahead for Home and Away teen Olivia Richards after a traumatic turn of events causes her to start self-harming again.

Viewers will know that Olivia has previously admitted to self-harming in a bid to cope with the abuse she faced as a child. Upcoming scenes will see her fall back into old habits when she is faced with further difficulty.

The 16-year old will find her life turned upside down when she discovers she is pregnant with her boyfriend Hunter King's baby. After a difficult start which sees a horrified Hunter flee, the pair eventually pull together in a bid to try to work through the situation sensibly.

Having weighed up their options, the youngsters make the tough decision to terminate the pregnancy. However, the events take their toll on a struggling Olivia and she starts to harm herself again.

Honestly, how was Kyle stupid enough to think hiding the phone behind the frickin' fridge was going to work?

SERIOUSLY, how often has that house been searched at this stage and he STILL doesn't get it? Seriously, for a former gang of drug dealers (and Kyle a former kidnapper/torturer/attempted murderer/whatever he used to do with Danny), the Braxtons' ineptitude when it comes to this stuff is astounding.

Sorry, double post, but today's episode both made me cringe with the "Ah here, are they really going down this road?" feeling, and utterly giddy with joy.

Cringe:
    The whole "Doctor's Wife" thing with Ricky. Seriously, I hope they just drop this. It's so cliche it's ridiculous.

Joy:
    MORAG! MORAG! MORAG! As soon as Alf said "I know exactly who to call!" I was practically jumping up and down. And then the little rapping of fingers on the desk as an entrance. She's just epic. She's like a meaner, more awesome version of Anne Robinson, and I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Joy:
    MORAG! MORAG! MORAG! As soon as Alf said "I know exactly who to call!" I was practically jumping up and down. And then the little rapping of fingers on the desk as an entrance. She's just epic. She's like a meaner, more awesome version of Anne Robinson, and I love it!

I was the same. She is sooooo cool!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Anyone else think it's ridiculous how flippantly Kat goes around giving everyone the skinny on who is the latest to be arrested. It's so far fetched...

screamer wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's ridiculous how flippantly Kat goes around giving everyone the skinny on who is the latest to be arrested. It's so far fetched...

Let Kat do what she wants..............

23EE0C2E00000578-2868008-Eagerly_awaited_debut_She_donned_a_two_piece_white_bikini_on_the-a-2_1418196692901.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Joy:
    [/quote]

Me too, so freaking happy, did a big air punch, my husband thought I'd lost the plot.

She rocks.

There is a
    fight between Andy and Tank and explosion at the caravan park with two deaths, rumoured to be Ricky and Oscar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    There is a
    fight between Andy and Tank and explosion at the caravan park with two deaths, rumoured to be Ricky and Oscar
    Don't think its Ricky, as she leaves with Casey and Brax after her wedding to Nate. I read on a H&A FB page that its Hannah who dies, but a few days later, she has head injuries, doesn't go to doc to get them checked out and then dies a few days later. Oscar def dies & Maddy ends up losing her arm in the explosion & then goes back to live with her mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

^^^^^^^

Got to love H&A!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've missed the last few days of it, I don't mind knowing the spoilers is
    Kyle the person who killed Charlotte
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

doovdela wrote: »
    I've missed the last few days of it, I don't mind knowing the spoilers is
    Kyle the person who killed Charlotte
    ?
    Still don't know who the killer is in Aus pace, Matt is the main suspect now at the moment though, its dragging now and the investigation is an absolute joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Oh right ya they seem to be picking out each person at this point from bits I've picked up on but not seen much of it for over the last two weeks. So they haven't found who did it then. I am beginning to think its the Detective? He has hurt Kat in the past or it could be someone we wouldn't expect. Can't see it being Matt its possible but so many have had a grudge and gotten mixed up in her games it could been anyone living in summer bay at the time. Phoebe is a wildcard though?!

Advertisement