Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge of Elders and all its discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cormac... wrote: »
    The Nothing Manacles / Energy Drain build makes it nigh on impossible to better the Voidwalker. I was throwing grenades as fast as the animation was allowed, each kill gave me a new grenade. It was insane.

Sounds like fun, i need to break out my lock so later. Is it just voidfang/nothing manacles required, no special perks on gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sounds like fun, i need to break out my lock so later. Is it just voidfang/nothing manacles required, no special perks on gear?

I used "Ashes to Assets" but apparently the "increased grenade energy from killing minions of darkness" does the same, you just need to ensure your built to proc Energy Drain no matter what ya do

I used "Ashes to Assets" but apparently the "increased grenade energy from killing minions of darkness" does the same, you just need to ensure your built to proc Energy Drain no matter what ya do

Well now. Didn't have gear with either of those perks but didnt have any issues with grenades, as long as my aim wasn't ****e. Got 23k points myself for a 47.6k total. Used nova bomb as a panic button to heal, was pretty fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'll be looking to do 2 full runs later for the Lock and Hunter if any1 wants in. Hoping to be on around half8/9 or there abouts.

Any particularly synergistic setup for a hunter? Was using swarm grenades but they sucked, void wall grenades seem ok but you have to be spot on with placement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Any particularly synergistic setup for a hunter? Was using swarm grenades but they sucked, void wall grenades seem ok but you have to be spot on with placement.

I ran with Gunslinger and the exotic gauntlets that give you an extra tripmine. Scavenger perk reduces the cooldown of grenades.
    Also set myself up with Knife jugger & Gamblers dagger (2 throwing knives & precision kills resets cooldown). A precision kill with a throwing knife gets you the melee and precision kill, so is decent option if you have no grenades.
    Also you feel like Steven Seagal a legend getting 8 or 9 kills in a row with throwing knives.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Challenge of Elders

Modifiers
    Exposure - Guardian shields are increased but do not replenish.
    Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.
    Melee Kill Bonus - Melee kills are worth more points.

This week modifiers

Use the Ram! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

One of the bounties for this week is kills with solar abilities - so running as a solar guardian will be required.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

One of the bounties for this week is kills with solar abilities - so running as a solar guardian will be required.

Im running my titan with hammers and I bet my score will still be high enough even Solo'ing it :)

• Advertisement

Not it won't be required. It will be required if you want to run THAT bounty. I straight up ignored the Void Kills (on my Titan) and all 3 Primary Kills bounties last week. I'm not going to bend myself out of shape over getting them done. Running that hunter was zero craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Im running my titan with hammers and I bet my score will still be high enough even Solo'ing it

Can't remember which perk you pick, it's the Sunbreaker one that instantly refills your melee after a melee kill?

Not it won't be required. It will be required if you want to run THAT bounty. I straight up ignored the Void Kills (on my Titan) and all 3 Primary Kills bounties last week. I'm not going to bend myself out of shape over getting them done. Running that hunter was zero craic

Clear the bounties as you run PoE 41 for the Sterling Treasure, then just concentrate on clearing the scores in CoE. PoE 41 is a bit of a cake walk, ideal for getting the bounties done.

PetKing wrote: »
    Can't remember which perk you pick, it's the Sunbreaker one that instantly refills your melee after a melee kill?

Stoke the Forge. Reduces Sunstrike Cooldown. Getting a killing blow will instantly recharge it. This will help go towards the Solar ability kills bounty.

Oh some of my raid gear is set for Orb drops on Punch kills. But "Stoke the forge" would be the perk used for hammers on this, a sunstrike kill instantly recharges your sunstrike.

Stoke the Forge. Reduces Sunstrike Cooldown. Getting a killing blow will instantly recharge it. This will help go towards the Solar ability kills bounty.

That and simmering flames (Full super charges grenade & melee twice as fast) is why I am veering towards sunbreaker.

nevelator wrote: »
    That and simmering flames (Full super charges grenade & melee twice as fast) is why I am veering towards sunbreaker.

Yes. This sounds the most viable option for Titan's. 2 runs possible for 90k?

Use the Ram! :P

I thought that the Ram just triggers Life steal and gives you more armour. Why use that over the claws of ahamkara. Am I missing something - does it also trigger the energy drain effect ?

nevelator wrote: »
    I thought that the Ram just triggers Life steal and gives you more armour. Why use that over the claws of ahamkara. Am I missing something - does it also trigger the energy drain effect ?

Forget that last question, I am an Idiot! Melee, get health back and repeat - there's not much more to get really :)

Yes. This sounds the most viable option for Titan's. 2 runs possible for 90k?

Defender titans by a country mile. Orb generation on melee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Does a sword count as melee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Genuinely concerned about holding any good armour (that's at least levelled) with strength. Need to sort that out to be more flexible with the CoE modifiers.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Does a sword count as melee ?

No it doesnt from what I know.

Genuinely concerned about holding any good armour (that's at least levelled) with strength. Need to sort that out to be more flexible with the CoE modifiers.

Yeah, i've feck all str gear - have gone all in on Int/Dis! Not overly bothered though - can still melee kill things without having a charged melee. You can't grenade things without grenades though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Some alternatives to using gear with Max Strength:

Warlock: Voidwalker with The Ram.
    Hunter: Gunslinger with Sealed Ahamakara Graps also using Gamblers Dagger perk.
    Titan: Defender with No Backup Plans.

Some alternatives to using gear with Max Strength:

Warlock: Voidwalker with The Ram.
    Hunter: Gunslinger with Sealed Ahamakara Graps also using Gamblers Dagger perk.
    Titan: Defender with No Backup Plans.

Or just punch things. it doesn't need to be charged - you just won't get whatever perk activates on hit if it isn't charged.

Typical Titan thinking...

Let me explain it for you simple Titans:
    Voidwalker with the Ram means you can punch things, regenerate your health, allowing you to punch even more things!

:-P

Typical Titan thinking...

Let me explain it for you simple Titans:
    Voidwalker with the Ram means you can punch things, regenerate your health, allowing you to punch even more things!

:-P
    I know - and that is probably the route I will go as a Warlock. Though Super Punching things makes Sunsinger a possibility, while also helping with the solar bounty.

My point is simply people are worrying too much, imo, about charged melees.

I'm not so much worried about it but see it as an opportunity to use all of the armour / perks I wouldn't normally use.

For example; No Backup Plans, I have a 310 set for ages and have only used them once.
    The Hunter Gamblers Dagger setup could be good craic too.

• Advertisement

The Hunter Gamblers Dagger setup could be good craic too.

I used that one last week and it was great fun. If you are a high enough level the throwing knife is a one shot kill, you then get another knife back...rinse and repeat.

Advertisement