Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge of Elders and all its discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Does the Knife kill regen your health?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    I used that one last week and it was great fun. If you are a high enough level the throwing knife is a one shot kill, you then get another knife back...rinse and repeat.

Last weeks CoE, I think I got 4 breakers using the throwing knife. Was great fun. Throw, Headshot, Recharge, Throw, Headshot, Recharge...... It brings a smile to your face. Wont work, or at least, harder to pull off on the Vex round.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cormac... wrote: »
    Does the Knife kill regen your health?

Nope, but you feel like a ninja! Also gets points for precision damage if it's a OHK.

nevelator wrote: »
    Nope, but you feel like a ninja! Also gets points for precision damage if it's a OHK.

Hmmmmmm

*Stokes Chin*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Voidwalker with the Ram means you can punch things, regenerate your health
    I don't normally use the Ram, but I didn't find it regenerating my health at all last night. I noticed Life Steal triggered but there was no noticeable health regen...

I don't normally use the Ram, but I didn't find it regenerating my health at all last night. I noticed Life Steal triggered but there was no noticeable health regen...

It seemed to be regaining health (1st 1/3rd of your bar) but not your shield

• Registered Users Posts: 45,066 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Does shield regen on orb pick up proc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is the regen tied to your recovery speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

The farm is back and better than ever, found it on reddit, 3 guardians using TOM's standing near each other can just melt the bosses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

syboit wrote: »
    The farm is back and better than ever, found it on reddit, 3 guardians using TOM's standing near each other can just melt the bosses.

Bubble Titans.?

Bubble Titans.?

Yep. At Least one per team.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Yep. At Least one per team.

Don't need it , takes 4 mins to run the whole thing using 3 ToMs , super doesn't even build up !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

syboit wrote: »

Here's the vid

dudeeile wrote: »
    Here's the vid

Thats just unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Thats just unfair

Just tipping the scales a little is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Don't need it , takes 4 mins to run the whole thing using 3 ToMs , super doesn't even build up !

Yeah, reckon it took us 3-4 mins this morning. Just stand near each other, and let each other know when your about to die, revive dead team mate and then continue on shooting.

First boss, and second boss you stay by the door, the hive guy goto the platform over to the left.

Double exotic drop for me last night during a run :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLjqrYirrF0

Another Void Walker week - Super Kills for Bonus points. Modifiers are Brawler (Guardian Melee increased) and Iron Clad (more enemies with shields.

Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind void walkers are going to be the point scorers.

Bad Juju in general will be the weapon of choice this week - can't see an argument for anything else.

Another Void Walker week - Super Kills for Bonus points. Modifiers are Brawler (Guardian Melee increased) and Iron Clad (more enemies with shields.

Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind void walkers are going to be the point scorers.

Bad Juju in general will be the weapon of choice this week - can't see an argument for anything else.

Was just gonna say the same.

Titans will be Hammers
    Warlocks - Void Walker
    Hunter - Nightstalker? Kills on tethered enemies count as super kills. Could tether a moxy load of adds then Novabomb 'em into the seventh gate of hell

All this talk of guardian builds and what not, and some weeks can be somewhat fun with constant grenades etc, but the Arena just bores me as a game mode. I did the first week, on only ran one character through last week, I just couldn't be bothered, it feels like a chore :(

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    All this talk of guardian builds and what not, and some weeks can be somewhat fun with constant grenades etc, but the Arena just bores me as a game mode. I did the first week, on only ran one character through last week, I just couldn't be bothered, it feels like a chore :(

To be fair, last weeks with Melee damage and trickle was not a great combination. Was planning on running it the other night on all three, but only two of us where willing to run it at all, got 30k, just, on the first run and thought, nope not again.

As a mode I like it. Run it through on one character a night. It takes all of 30 mins or there abouts for 90k, and then back to raiding. Granted it's not for everyone, but it's another way to level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dudeeile wrote: »
    Here's the vid

What's the point of that farming method? You can only use 3oC once per 10 mins, you're not going to hit any of the challenge targets.

Are they looking for exotic drops from the bosses?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

To be fair, last weeks with Melee damage and trickle was not a great combination. Was planning on running it the other night on all three, but only two of us where willing to run it at all, got 30k, just, on the first run and thought, nope not again.

As a mode I like it. Run it through on one character a night. It takes all of 30 mins or there abouts for 90k, and then back to raiding. Granted it's not for everyone, but it's another way to level up.

I died A LOT

It's good for drops for me as my LLs are below 330

Are they looking for exotic drops from the bosses?

Yes, that's all your doing, looking for shards/infusion fuel. We reached our 90k before the final boss, so we burned him with ToM for the craic. I spotted salty with an LFG group in CoE farming with ToM over the weekend.

Yeah I'll give that a shot to break it up a little. Might run one character a day. In my head I was thinking 9 runs of CoE would just kill me.

I'm only going to bother doing it with Builds and Subclasses I like. I didn't enjoy the Melee one much compared to the Primary Kills and Grenades. I know you can just burn the bosses etc with ToM but I kind of like the Arcadey thing of boing different builds.

Don't forget to tweek your artefacts to do stuff like "Grenade Kill" or "Killing a Take" or whatever will generate Orbs.

I see this PoE being zero craic with the Hunter

PetKing wrote: »
    Yeah I'll give that a shot to break it up a little. Might run one character a day. In my head I was thinking 9 runs of CoE would just kill me.

So far, bar last week, the 90k has been doable in 2 runs. The modifiers and enemies your facing will have an impact on the 2 run score. The only thing that could have made last weeks version worse would have been Cabal.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm only going to bother doing it with Builds and Subclasses I like. I didn't enjoy the Melee one much compared to the Primary Kills and Grenades. I know you can just burn the bosses etc with ToM but I kind of like the Arcadey thing of boing different builds.

Don't forget to tweek your artefacts to do stuff like "Grenade Kill" or "Killing a Take" or whatever will generate Orbs.

I see this PoE being zero craic with the Hunter

I agree. Your, kinda, being forced into experimenting with different builds to try and get the most of the modifiers. It's opening up experimentation, in both class builds and weapons to use. Monte Carlo last week, Bad Juju this week.

So far, Hunters haven't seen their moment to shine.

Spotted this on my web travels....

384970.jpg

Trials I get, but CoE? What the hell? You'd want to be fecking rubbish at the game to need a carry!

• Advertisement

Spotted this on my web travels....

384970.jpg

Trials I get, but CoE? What the hell? You'd want to be fecking rubbish at the game to need a carry!

Ah sweet devine jeebus. :eek:

Advertisement